New Girl in Town Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're regretting showing her all those John Hughes movies now aren't you, Jessica?" Mr. Golden chuckles.

Jessica gives him a playful glare. "Just answer the door, dad. I have to go upstairs so I can make my grand entrance."

"Sarah, do I need to scare Jake or anything when I open the door?" Mr. Golden asks while covering his smile.

"Don't scare Jake." Sarah tells him. "Just let him in so he can see how pretty Jess is and then we can go."

"See where the meteors shower, right?" Dr. Golden giggles.

"Exactly."

****

"Hello, young man. Welcome to our home." Mr. Golden says in greeting as he opens the door.

"Uh... hi..." I respond confused. "What's going on?"

"Sarah's seen too many John Hughes movies." He tells me.

"The Breakfast Club guy?" I ask.

"I think it's more of a Pretty in Pink thing but yes." Dr. Golden says as she walks over. "You dress up nice, Jake."

"Thank you, ma'am," I answer as I fiddle with the top button on my navy blue button up shirt. "I didn't want Sarah to think that I wasn't taking this date thing seriously."

She smiles and gives my arm a pat. "You're a good sport, Jake and who knows where this may lead."

"I think that this is where I'm supposed to give a stern look with a lot of finger pointing, Jake." Mr. Golden laughs.

Dr. Golden gives him a light slap on his arm. "Just call your daughters down, dear."

He exaggeratingly rubs his arm where she hit him then dodges away when she makes to slap him again.

"Jessica... Sarah, your date's here." He calls out.

Sarah appears on the stairs first in a cute white dress that has blue highlights that match the strands of blue that Roxie put in her hair. She gives me a smile as she descends the stairs in as regal a manner as she can.

"You are as pretty as a princess, Sarah." I comment when she reaches me.

"Thank you, Jake." She answers with a beaming smile.

"I brought you a little something, too." I tell her then proceed to pull a pink rose from behind my back. "I guess I kind of messed up picking the color, huh?"

"It's so pretty," Sarah enthuses. "Can I wear it in my hair tonight, mommy?"

"Are you sure that you don't want to put it in a vase in your room?" Dr. Golden asks.

"I wanna wear it." Sarah answers.

"Okay, let's go into the kitchen as see what I can do." She sighs.

As they walk off, Jessica appears at the top of the stairs.

"Wow," I utter as I take in the colorful summer dress she's wearing. It hangs to just above her knees but the spaghetti straps expose her tan and tone arms with just a hint of cleavage peeking out. Her long, ash blonde hair is pulled back in a loose pony tail and has a slight curl to it now.

"Definite finger pointing," Mr. Golden whispers to me as he catches the expression on my face.

Jessica carefully makes her way down the stairs but my eyes haven't left her smiling face.

"You look amazing," I tell her.

"Thanks, Jake." She answers blushing lightly at the compliment.

"Really amazing," I say again then Mr. Golden clears his throat. "Right, sorry... this is for you."

I pull out a single stargazer lily and hand it to her.

"It's really beautiful." Jessica comments.

"Not compared to you it isn't." I let slip out.

"Aren't you just full of compliments, Jake?" Mr. Golden pointedly asks but he still has a smile on his face.

"He's doing fine, daddy." Jessica answers him then looks around. "You look nice too, Jake. I really like this shirt on you. It brings out your eyes." She then looks around. "Where's Sarah?"

"I'm here." Sarah announces bounding back into the room with her rose tucked neatly behind her ear.

"I see that Jake brought you a flower too." Jessica comments.

"Yep," Sarah answers as she proudly shows it off. "Mom helped me put it in my hair. Are you going to wear yours?"

"I think I'm going to put mine in a vase and leave it here tonight but I love yours. It looks so pretty with your dress and your highlights." Jessica answers.

"Thank you," Sarah answers.

"I'll put yours in a vase so you all can get going." Dr. Golden tells us.

"Thanks, mom." Jessica answers. "Ready to go see where the meteors shower, Sar-bear?"

"I am," Sarah announces and heads out the door.

"I know that I don't have to tell you to watch out for our girls tonight but I just did anyway, Jake." Mr. Golden tells me.

"Yes sir, I'll take good care of them." I answer.

"We'll have Sarah back by nine at the latest." Jessica informs them as she takes me by the arm. "Come on, Jake. Those meteors can't shower without us."

Dr. and Mr. Golden watch from the door as I take Sarah by my free hand and walk her and Jessica to my waiting car.

"He really is a good kid." Mr. Golden says as he watches me open the door for Jessica.

"That he is," Dr. Golden agrees. "He got me hoping that Jessica will drop her no dating this year policy."

"Oh he does, huh?" Mr. Golden asks.

"He does." She answers. "Who else would take out a girl along with her little sister on a date?"

"He's the only one I can think of." He admits then a thought crosses his mind. "Hey, do you realize that we've got the house all to ourselves for a few hours?"

"I do and I'm looking forward to a nice bubble bath." She sighs.

"After," he answers.

"After... after what?" She asks. His answer isn't a verbal one but a full on groping of her butt.

"TIM!" She shouts jumping away from his hands.

"Race you upstairs?" He asks with a knowing smile.

"Bedroom or bath?" She challenges.

He looks at his watch. "Why not both?"

****

We arrive at the planetarium and run into Leeann and Dean in the parking lot.

"We were waiting for you guys." Dean calls out as we exit the car.

"We had to get all done up first." Jessica responds as I help Sarah out of the backseat.

"I can see that." Leeann says. "I love that dress!"

"Who are they?" Sarah asks me quietly.

"That's Leeann and her boyfriend Dean." I answer. "They're in our biology class and our friends. Want to say hey?"

"I guess," She answers shyly.

"Did you do your hair, too?" Leeann asks Jessica as Sarah and I walk over to them.

"I just curled it a little." Jessica answers then smiles at Sarah. "My little sister here is the one that went all out. Look how cute she is!"

"Oh my gosh, you're adorable!" Leeann squeaks dropping to Sarah's level. "I'm Leeann."

"Hi," Sarah answers.

Jessica kneels down as well and puts her arm around Sarah's shoulders. "Leeann, this is Sarah. She's my sweet, adorable little sister. Sarah, this is Leeann and she's in class with Jake and me."

"I know. Jake told me." Sarah answers.

"Always looking out huh, Jake." Dean comments with a wink.

"Something like that." I answer. "Are we all ready to head inside?"

"Yes," Sarah answers.

"Adorable," Leeann comments again then nods. "Yep, let's head in before Mrs. Harper comes looking for us."

****

On the way in, Sarah instructs me that I should put my arm around Jessica's waist as she sees Dean and Leeann doing.

"Sarah, what if Jessica and I just hold hands?" I ask. "I think we'd feel more comfortable with that."

"It's just our first date after all." Jessica explains to her then leans in close to me. "Or fourth but who's counting, right?"

"Fourth?" I ask.

"The planetarium, the drive in, the car place this morning and now." She explains.

"Four dates and still no kiss? Now I know I'm doing something wrong." I joke.

Jessica gives me a nudge but I notice a smile tickling the corners of her mouth.

"I've kissed you." She announces a little too loudly it turns out because Leeann spins on her heels.

"When did this happen?" She asks.

"You kissed?" Sarah asks looking very pleased with herself.

Dean just gives me a thumbs up as he laughs. Jessica gives me a confused look and I shrug.

"You're the one that said it. You explain it." I tell her.

"You're still no help." Jessica mutters to me.

"Spill, Jessica." Leeann prompts.

"Yeah spill." Sarah adds in her own precocious way.

"It was after Jake and I had our talk. I was thanking him for the flowers he had brought me." Jessica answers.

"That's some thank you." Leeann giggles.

"He brought me lilies. I love lilies." Jessica defends. "It was just a pop kiss at most anyway."

"Sure it was, Jessica." Leeann teases.

"Jake, tell them." She orders.

"While it was pretty great, that's all it was." I answer.

"Pretty great, huh?" Dean asks. "You need to get out more, Jake."

"Yeah, I probably do." I agree with a chuckle.

"I'm trying to help you with that, Jake." Sarah tells me.

"And you're doing an amazing job." I assure her.

"Yep, a pretty amazing job." Jessica adds as she gives my hand that she's still holding, a squeeze.

****

"It looks like my extra credit foursome has added a new member." Mrs. Harper states as she greets us in the lobby.

"Mrs. Harper, this is my little sister, Sarah." Jessica introduces. "Sarah, this is our teacher, Mrs. Harper."

"Nice to meet you," Sarah says.

"Oh it is my pleasure to meet you, Sarah." Mrs. Harper says smiling. "Are you here to chaperon Jake and your big sister tonight?"

"I'm here to see where meteors shower." Sarah answers.

"What?" Mrs. Harper asks while Dean and Leeann laugh.

"She's absolutely adorable," Leeann remarks.

"My parents have been trying to explain to her what a meteor shower is all afternoon." Jessica answers.

"How about the three of you sit with me in case Sarah here has any questions during the show?" Mrs. Harper suggests.

"Okay as long as we don't bother Jake and Jess, they're on a date." Sarah points out causing another round of laughter.

****

"We're back!" Sarah calls out as she opens her front door.

"So soon," Mr. Golden calls back from the living room.

"It's already after nine," Jessica points out as we join him.

"Is it?" He asks.

"You're back already?" Dr. Golden asks as she comes downstairs in a fluffy robe. "Did you all have a nice date ?"

"I had a so much fun. We sat with Jessica and Jake's teacher and she told me all sorts of neat stuff. Oh and I met some of their friends and they were so nice and fun." Sarah answers so fast that her words are tumbling over each other.

"I think I understood about half of that." Mr. Golden chuckles. "So she had a big time, huh?"

"Oh yeah she did." Jessica answers. "Mrs. Harper answered every question Sarah had and our friends think she is just adorable."

"They were all so nice to me." Sarah informs her parents.

"I wouldn't expect any less of friends of these two." Mr. Golden states.

"So it was a successful date night then?" Dr. Golden teases.

"The first part was, now I'm going upstairs to change for part two." Jessica tells her.

"Part two?" Dr. Golden asks.

"Jake will explain." Jessica tells her. "Oh, grab us a couple of bottle of waters too, please."

"Only because you said please," I answer as I watch her ascend the stairs.

"Ahem," Dr. Golden clears her throat letting me that my allotted ogling time is over.

"Sorry, ma'am." I tell her.

She laughs and shakes her head. "It's fine, Jake. So tell me about this second part of the date. I'm assuming this one doesn't include Sarah."

"We could take her with us if you want." I answer. "She seemed to be getting tired before we left the planetarium but she sounds like she's got her second wind."

"That's just the excitement of being home. She'll crash soon and besides, the big kids need some time to themselves." She tells me. "So where are you two off to?"

"The drive in," I answer.

"Oh really?" she asks raising her eyebrows questioningly.

"I want to show Jess the meteor shower from there. I think it'd look awesome there." I clarify.

She thinks on that for a moment then nods. "You're probably right about that." She says. "I know that I don't have to tell you to be safe but I will because I'm a mom and that's my job."

"Yes ma'am, I promise that I won't let anything happen to Jess." I assure her.

"Did I hear my name?" Jessica asks as she bounds to the bottom of the steps now clad in a pair of jeans and an older looking t-shirt.

"Jake was just filling me in on your plans." Dr. Golden tells her.

"So we're good then?" Jessica asks.

"As long as you both watch out for each other and are safe out there." She tells her.

"Oh we will," Jessica assures her mom. "Volleyball games start in less than two weeks and there's no way that Jake is going let me risk missing any playing time."

****

"I thought there would be more cars here on a night like this." Jessica says as I pull my car to a stop just outside the drive in.

"It's still a little early yet." I point out.

"Ooo, more privacy for us," She states with a giggle.

"Very funny," I comment as I pop my trunk open.

"I'm being serious." She answers. "I like it being just us out here."

"It is nice," I admit and begin to heft the bag over my shoulder but she grabs it.

"No lifting with that shoulder, Jake." She states.

"You're mom said it was fine." I protest.

"My mom said you could leave the sling at home not that you can go carrying things around." She tells me as she tosses the bag over her shoulder. "Now lead the way."

I begin to walk towards the fence then stop. "Wait, are we still supposed to be holding hands or not?"

"Now who's being funny?" She quips then reaches out and grabs my hand. "Lead the way funny guy."

I again lead us through the bit of underbrush and into the open area in front of the screen.

"Wow," Jessica remarks look up into the clear sky. "Look at that!"

I look up and see several streaks of light flash across the sky. "That's awesome." I remark.

"Let's hurry and get up to the top." Jessica says. "I'll bet it looks even better from up there."

She puts the bag on the table and I begin pulling out the gear.

"Do you want the jacket or the ball cap?" I ask.

"I get to choose this time?" She asks.

"The bats should be out catching insects and what not." I answer.

"Cap then, please." She answers.

I hand it over and watch as she tucks her long hair under it.

"Good?" She asks.

"Perfect." I answer.

"Flatterer." She says with a smile.

I pull on the jacket, we done our headlamps and surgical masks and shove some chem lights into the pockets.

"What are those for?" Jessica asks.

"You'll see in a minute or two." I answer.

We make our way to the open door where I crack two of the chem lights and hang them by the door illuminating the area in a red glow.

"Ooo, you are romantic." Jessica remarks.

"I try." I answer.

We continue until we reach the landing that's mid-way to the top where I stop and distribute another pair of chem lights.

"Okay, you've got me curious. What's the deal with these?" Jessica inquires.

"If I tell you that you'll see, will you continue to pester me until I tell you?" I ask her.

"I don't pester ." She answers.

"Knees and elbows, right?" I ask.

"They can be quite effective." She answers with a sly smile.

"Fine, for the sake of my nose, I hang these so we don't necessarily have to use the headlamps in the way down." I pause for a moment. "And I'm romantic."

"Yeah you are." She laughs and gives my hand a squeeze.

****

"Did you see that one?" Jessica asks pointing towards the sky.

"Yep," I answer.

She glances over and see me looking down instead of up.

"Liar," She calls out.

I point towards the dark, near glassy surface of the lake. "I saw it there."

"Oh wow," She says then leans forward so she can watch the show on the lake's surface. "This is so cool."

We quietly enjoy the meteor shower for a few minutes before Jessica leans back.

"Thank you, Jake." She begins. "I don't mean just for tonight but for how you've treated me since we met."

"Well someone had to warn you about Mr. Creepster." I joke.

"He's barely glanced in my direction so far this year but that isn't what I was talking about and you know it." She answers.

"Jessica, everyone that gets to know you, loves you. I didn't do anything special." I tell her.

"All you've done since I met you has been special, Jake." She tells me. "Sarah loves you. My parents think the world of you."

"Despite the Mustang you're insisting on buying now?" I ask.

"I'm being serious here." She scolds me then smiles. "And yes, despite that."

"I should thank you too, Jess." I tell her. "I really wasn't looking forward to this year but with you here, it's been so much better than I hoped."

"Despite the dislocated shoulder and concussion?" She teases.

"I thought that the sling was very fashionable." I quip.

"It wasn't... but thanks, Jake. I'm glad that I'm helping you just as much as you're helping me."

We stay for several more minutes just watching the meteor shower in silence until Jessica squeezes my hand.

"We should probably get back." She says.

I nod and lead us back down the stairs leaving the chem lights in place.

"In case anyone else wants some romantic lighting tonight." I tell her.

"Good idea," She answers.

A few minutes later we pull to a stop in her driveway and I get out to walk her to the door.

"This feels more and more like a date every minute." She says with a laugh.

"Well I wouldn't want to disappoint Sarah, now would I?" I jokingly ask.

That seems to give Jessica an idea as she breaks into a big smile.

"We should kiss." She tells me.

"Don't feel pressured into that just because I joked about it earlier." I tell her.

"Oh I'm not." She answers. "I mean, Sarah could still be up watching us and like you said, we don't want to disappoint her. Right?"

"Right," I nod.

Jessica gives me a sweet smile as I lean towards her. She cocks and lowers her head to meet me and once again our lips touch. The warm feeling from last time returns with a vengeance. After a moment we both break apart and are staring into each others eyes. I begin to say "wow" or something but before I can Jessica runs her fingers through my hair then pulls my mouth back to hers. This time it feels more like a jolt of electricity hits me as our mouths meld together. Jessica's hand holds my head in place and I lower mine to her trim waist to hold her body closer. We kiss like this for several moments until I feel her lips part. I tentatively slide my tongue forward until it brushes against her bottom lip. As soon as it makes contact she jerks back from me. The look on her face is pure terror.

"Jess?" I begin to ask but she continues to back away.

"That... that shouldn't have happened." She stammers.

"Jess, what happened?" I ask confused.

"We shouldn't have done that." She answers before turning towards the door. "You should go, Jake."

"Jessica, tell me what I did wrong?" I plead but she's already stepping into her house.

"Just leave... please just leave." She says as she closes the door leaving me standing on her porch confused.

"Jess... Jess, talk to me." I say to the door but there's no response.

****

My apologies for the long wait between chapters but I'm trying to balance making the story as good as I can with the free time I have to write. This chapter was an especially difficult one as I think I rewrote it a few times before I felt it was "good enough". Thanks for all your patience and for commenting, voting and sending feedback. I'd have abandoned this story long ago without your support.