New Girl in Town Pt. 25

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey!" Staci said. "Not everyone wants to see that. Right, Ray?"

"I mean," Ray grinned.

"Right, RAY," Staci raised her voice and threw in a glare for good measure.

"There's bound to be a some bouncing..."

Jake interrupted him by clearing his throat then nodded toward Sarah.

"Right, Staci," he said instead then pointed at Jessica. "No slamming volleyballs at my girl, Jess."

"Ugh, fine, but you make sure that she plays nice for the rest of the movie," Jessica sighed then leaned in close to Staci and whispered in her ear. "Otherwise I'm tattooing Wilson on your cute little butt, trouble."

****

As the credits rolled everyone volunteered to help clean up, but Jessica told them that wasn't necessary.

"Jake and I will clean up," she told them. "You guys go and enjoy the rest of your weekend."

"I'd love to argue that, Jess, but Marybeth's folks are out of town until tonight so...," Bobby grinned.

"Jess, we can stay and help," Marybeth nudged him. "We've got plenty of time."

"You help all the time, Marybeth," Jessica said. "Bobby... well Bobby helps us pick on Jake so that's considered helping I guess."

"Hey!" Jake tried to complain but it came out muffled due to his cookie filled mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Jake," Sarah said as she passed him a bottle of water.

"Thank you, Sarah," Jake said after he took a drink. "Now grab that cookie off your sister's plate and give it to me since she's being a meanie to me."

"Jake, you can't get my sister on your side," Jessica said confidently.

"Think so?" he smiled then looked at Sarah. "Sarah, if you grab it, I'll split it with you."

Sarah quickly reached over and snatched the cookie before Jess could stop her.

"Hey!" she said while Sarah giggled and handed the cookie to Jake.

"You have a mini wildcat on your hands here, Jess," Antoine laughed as Jake halved it and gave part to Sarah.

"Don't I know it," Jessica said as she stood to walk Marybeth and Bobby out. "Come on you two. I'm walking you out so you can get some alone time. Can someone please put the rest of the cookies away so Sarah doesn't spoil her dinner."

"Last one, I promise," Sarah said as she nibbled.

"I somehow doubt that," Jessica sighed.

"Nah, she'll be good," Roxie said. "Won't you, Sar-bear?"

"I'll try," Sarah giggled.

"You better or you'll get Jess and I in trouble when your parents ask you why you aren't eating and all you can answer is cookies," Jake said. "You don't want that do you?"

"I guess not," she agreed.

"Thank you," he said. "I'm making cheeseburgers later so you can thank me when I make the mustard smiley face on your bun."

"With bacon?" Sarah asked.

"I could be persuaded to make bacon," Jake answered. "If you're..."

"Yeah yeah, good, I got it." Sarah grinned as she hopped to her feet then ran after Jessica. "Sissy, Jake's making bacon burgers tonight!"

"Those had better be some outstanding cheeseburgers, Jake," Ray said. "Someone seems awfully excited about them."

"From that reaction I'd say they must be," Jamie laughed. "Marie and I might need to stay for the clean up just to get a taste."

"Did I not just say that Jake and I have clean up duty?" Jessica said as she returned with Sarah in tow.

"You did," Jake said as he got to his feet, "but I think me and the guys should at least do something to thank you all for these yummy cookies and everything else you ladies did for us today."

"I made those cookies," Roxie said. "I believe I was told that I'd be awarded with a shoulder massage from you, Jake."

"Make that two since I helped out," C.C. grinned.

"I was thinking more of us guys cleaning up," Jake said as he got to his feet and collected the plates. "Can we say that I owe you two your shoulder rubs?"

Roxie and C.C. shared a look then grinned at one another.

"Fine, we'll take a rain check on them," Roxie acquiesced. "I won't let you forget about them though, Jake."

"Wouldn't dream of it, Foxy Roxie," Jake grinned as he stacked their plates.

"Well I can't give out massages," Antoine said as he stood, "but, I can get these cups cause Jake's right. We guys need to show our appreciation to you lovely ladies for this wonderful day."

"You know that's absolutely right," Ray said as he, Rick and Jamie all stood and started to collect various things to clean up the place.

"You lovely ladies just sit back, relax, find something to watch or whatever and we guys will handle this," Rick told them as he started to follow Jake and Antoine.

"We've got better plans than that," Staci said. "We're going to get some juicy gossip about you from Somer. Right, Somer?"

"Better keep it PG-rated gossip," he chuckled as he nodded toward Sarah. "Impressionable youngster is still here ya know?"

"Am I the impersonal young steer, Roxie?" Sarah asked.

"Does anyone else want to field that one?" Roxie asked. "Maybe you, Naughty Cheer Girl?"

Rick shook his head then headed into the kitchen to allow the ladies to sort all that out.

****

In the kitchen, Jake started to wash the dishes while Antoine and Jamie took the trash out.

"Are they usually like that?" Rick asked as he put a new trash bag into the can to help out.

"Staci, right?" Jake asked with a laugh. "You don't know the half of it."

"I can tell that I don't," Rick said. "Things are nothing like they were when I graduated. Somer has brought me up to speed on a lot of it but seeing it with my own eyes.... It takes some getting used to I guess."

"Man, if you think just hearing about it takes getting used to you should have to watch your girlfriend kissing the guy every chance she gets," Ray chuckled.

"Hold up, Staci's kisses Jake?" Rick asked as Antoine and Jamie rejoined them.

"Staci kisses him, Twanda's kissed him a few times. My boy is having one hell of a year," Antoine laughed.

"Damn, Jake, who else have you been kissing?" He asked.

"Just them," Jake said.

"So far," Ray added.

"How and why is this happening?" Rick asked.

"Let's just say that Jake here gives some great advice and our girls have shown their appreciation toward him," Antoine answered.

"That and Staci thinks she has to make up for years of abuse," Jake said as he started to wash the plates. "She doesn't and has been told that a few hundred times but now I think she does it just to hear Jess yell at her."

"She does seem to love that," Ray nodded. "So Rick, how is college? You gotta tell all us up-and-coming freshmen what we can expect."

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that all of you guys are going to college," he said. "With all three of you making All-State this season. Where are you guys going?"

"While Jake was out in California I was down in Florida," Jamie said as he leaned against the counter top. "Florida State really rolled out the red carpet for me. I'm still thinking that UNC is a possibility but damn, it was really nice down there."

"Nice!" he said. "What about you, Tank?"

"Oh I'm Wake Forest bound," Antoine answered as he dried the plate Jake had handed him. "My mom and dad both graduated from there, Twanda's already been accepted there and they're hot to have me on the team so it's a no brainer."

"Speaking of playing, what about you, Jake? Are you going to be lighting up out on the west coast?" Rick asked.

No, my playing days are done. My doctors say that I shouldn't take any more hits to my head so I'm out of full contact sports from here on out. I'll be in the stands cheering on Jess and the volleyball team. That'll be my most athletic venture," he answered.

"After seeing all the machines you were hooked up to, I can hardly believe that you're standing here now much less able to sling the ball like you are," Rick said.

"I couldn't just lie there and let Jess get valedictorian without some competition could I?" Jake joked.

"Nerds," Ray teased as the door to the kitchen opened.

Jess walked in followed by Staci, Marie and Twanda.

"Calling us names, Ray?" Jessica asked. "You and Staci are gonna look so cute with matching bruises from my volleyballs."

"It's become a term of affection and you know it, Jess," Ray said. "I thought y'all were going to start another movie or something while we cleaned up. What gives?"

"Jess heard water running and wanted to see what you guys were getting up to," Staci said.

"I thought that I said that I'd clean up," Jessica said as she tried to nudge Jake away from the sink.

"I believe that you said that we'd clean so as a part of that I thought I'd get a head start on it," he told her.

"Uh huh," she said then gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. "You spoil me about as much as you spoil my sister."

"Speaking of," Jake said, "where did you leave Sarah?"

"She's insisting that Roxie put on the Beauty and the Beast movie and for Somer to tell her all about acting the part," she answered. "Sorry, Rick, but I think you've lost her for at least an hour."

"That's okay," Rick chuckled. "Somer's curfew is a bit later, at least where I'm concerned according to her parents, so your little sis can take all the time she'd like."

"So what were you boys talking about?" Staci asked. "I said that y'all were discussing which of us has the best butt."

"You do," each guy answered while they looked at their own partners while Rick laughed.

"Ladies, we date smart boys," Twanda smiled as she hugged Antoine.

"That's kind of what we were discussing," Rick said, "where all your smart boys were headed to for college. How about it, Ray? Where are you headed off to?"

"I'm heading south but not as far as Jamie," Ray answered. "I've committed to the University of South Carolina."

"So freakin' far away," Staci pouted.

Ray wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her in close.

"Not that far," he said. "At least its not with you going to UNC Wilmington. I'm pretty sure that's closer than here."

"Yeah, yeah," she said. "Think we should go save Somer from the million or so questions that Miss Sar-bear is bound to have asked her by now or just stay hidden in here for a while longer?"

Jessica looked over Jake's shoulder then back to Staci.

"It looks like Jake's got a few more plates to wash," she said. "You go ahead and rescue Somer and we'll be in there in a few."

"I believe that I'm the one with the drying towel, Wildcat," Antoine told her. "So you go with them and Jake and I will join you momentarily."

"But I..." she started to argue but he shook his head.

"No buts," he interrupted. "Unless you mean that one that you shake every time you walk away from my boy Jake here."

"You mean if he can drag his eyes off my booty long enough," Staci said as she turned and wiggled her jean clad rear in Jake's direction.

Jessica's eyes narrowed as she snatched the towel that Antoine held. She spun it tight then snapped it toward Staci's rear. The snap resounded through the kitchen as did Staci's yelp of surprise. She spun around as she rubbed her butt where the towel had impacted.

"All right, Tank, I believe you now," Rick nodded. "She is a wildcat!"

****

Somer, coerced by Sarah's cuteness, convinced Rick to let them stay while they finished the movie after all the other guests left. As she, Sarah and Jess watched the movie, Jake asked Rick to join him out front.

"While I knew that you'd wind up in some other classic American muscle car, I wasn't sure that it would be another 'Stang," Rick said as he admired Jake's car. "She is a beauty though."

"She was kind of a mess when we found her but then so was I," Jake said. "My grandpa, dad, Mr. Fishel and all our friends helped get her put back together though."

"Must have been good help," Rick said. "She looks almost as if she just rolled off the showroom floor. Of course with it coming from Mr. Fishel, I expect nothing less. That man has a talent for, not only finding classic cars, but for finding hidden gems that no one else can."

"He told me one time that he has a nose for sniffing out the good ones from the junk," Jake nodded as he leaned against the hood to look back at the house. "Not only can he find'em, but he's practically an artist when it comes to fixing'em as well."

"You're preaching to the converted here, Jake," Rick chuckled.

Jake stared off while Rick checked the car. He asked Jake a question that went unanswered for a long moment.

"You sleeping okay, Jake?" he asked as he nudged his shoulder.

"Huh?" Jake asked as he shook from his reverie.

"Haven't seen you space out before," he said. "Everything okay?"

Jake paused for a moment then glanced at the house again.

"You think we've got time to go for a drive?" he asked instead of answering.

"Not that I wouldn't mind a ride in this beauty, Jake, but you were just kind of spaced out," he said. "Are you sure that you're up for a drive right now?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Jake nodded. "Driving helps me clear my head, you know? It's either that or we go in and watch the rest of the movie."

"We wouldn't want to disturb them," Rick chuckled. "What does your head need clearing of?"

"The crash," Jake answered quietly. "It gets in my head sometimes."

"All right," Rick nodded. "Go tell the ladies that we're headed out for a ride and we can talk about this if you think that will help."

Jake nodded and headed for the front door. He returned a few moments later with a smile and a nod.

"They said we're good to go," Jake said as he opened his driver's side door. "Provided I take Somer for a drive sometime in the near future. Oh and I shush according to Sarah."

"Must have been interrupting a pivotal moment in the movie," Rick laughed as he got in.

"Lumiere was asking me to be his guest," he answered as he put the key into the ignition.

The engine roared to life and Jake backed out of the driveway. Once he put it in drive and pulled away Rick spoke up.

"Okay, so you were saying that you think about the crash?" He asked.

"I do," he admitted. "I mean I guess that I do? I think more about what could have happened and... and you don't need to hear this. It's fine."

"Clearly it's not fine, Jake," Rick said. "If you don't want to talk to me about it then how about with Bobby or Ray? You and Bobby have always been tight and you and Ray seem to be on really friendly terms these days."

"They're one of the things that I think about," Jake told him. "Rick, they saved my life for sure and maybe Jess' as well. Bobby, Ray and Marybeth found us and if it hadn't had been for Staci sending them out then... How do you thank someone for that?"

"Jake, I know you," Rick said. "You've probably thanked them a hundred times by now and believe me, with that group, that's more than enough for them. Don't over-think it, man. Just be glad that you're alive, that you've got an amazing girl and friends that truly care about you. That can be rare these days."

Jake thought that over for a few minutes as he drove along then nodded.

"Thanks, Rick," he told him.

"Don't gotta thank me either, bud," Rick chuckled. "I'll get enough thanks from you when I get to see you singing and dancing onstage."

"Man, what have I gotten myself into?" Jake muttered but with a wry smile on his face.

****

"Am I wrong in thinking that things got a little awkward in the kitchen earlier?" Jessica asked as she talked with Shelly on the phone that night once Jake had left.

"Noticed that did you?" Shelly asked.

"For a minute until Sarah took my attention away from it," she said as she fluffed the pillow she was leaning against. "We must have wore her out, by the way. She barely argued when it was time to wash her face tonight."

"She is a mess and I love her to pieces, Jess," Shelly said. "As for the awkwardness... I'm pretty sure that was thanks to Jody. See, she's had this crush on Rick for years that's gone unrequited. That kind of bubbled to the surface when she saw him and I'm positive Somer saw it too."

"She sure seemed to be offering him a bit more than a cookie," she said. "Super awkward."

"Yeah but I think it should be fine," Shelly said. "I mean, she's got Javier and Rick has Somer so it'll be fine. She would drag me to football games and baseball games, well maybe not the football games because of Jake but to the baseball games for sure just to watch him."

"Did she never go for it and talk to him?" she asked.

"No," Shelly answered. "He wasn't just Jake's neighbor, he was our cool, older friend. She was always super intimidated by him even though both Jake and I grew up with Rick and knew that he was a pretty good guy. I always thought that he knew about it but you know guys, they can be blind to those kinds of things. Then Somer came along and claimed Rick so she never took that leap."

"Is it weird that I can't picture Somer with anyone other than Patrick, I mean before I met Rick, I guess?" Jessica asked. "Picturing Staci with Patrick just seems so wrong."

"That was how it was though," Shelly said. "Rick was a senior and part of the popular crowd. Patrick, being the star quarterback, held a lofty spot even among the upperclassmen. The difference was that Rick was liked by everyone while Patrick was put on a pedestal. He let that go right to his head. Hell, he probably got with Somer as a kind of way to try and stick it to Rick for being more well liked. Once you came along and booted over that particular hornets nest, things started to change."

"I just didn't want to lose my schedule," Jessica stated. "I didn't kick anything."

"Not how Staci tells it," Shelly laughed.

"Oh I've heard Staci's version," Jessica shook her head. "I love that crazy girl but she's given me way too much credit."

"Maybe," Shelly said. "Maybe not, Jess. Like I said, a lot of changes this year and it started with this new girl in town."

"Yes, my little sister can turn the darkest hearts," Jessica said.

"Nice deflection, Jess," she said. "No wonder you're Miss All-State on and off the court it seems."

Her phone beeped and she checked the caller.

"That's my Tom calling," she said. "Can I call you back or..."

"We'll talk tomorrow, Shelly," Jessica told her. "I wanted to talk with Jake before I head off to sleep myself."

"Going to sex him up over the phone?" Shelly giggled.

"You realize that's your cousin that you're talking about right?" Jessica asked.

"It felt wrong the minute it left my mouth. I blame you and all our dirty minded friends," Shelly said. "Good night, Jess and night to my cuz too, please."

"Will do, sweetie," Jessica said. "Good night, see you tomorrow."

She hung up then scrolled to Jake's number to hear his voice before she drifted off to sleep.

****

Monday

A few stragglers hurried into the auditorium for drama club. Ms. Simpson started to pass out scripts as the door closed in their wake. Somer looked around for a moment then nudged Jessica.

"Where's Jake?" she asked.

"Yeah," Shelly said. "He didn't get cold feet or something already did he?"

The door opened before she could respond.

"Jake, when I asked you to go back and grab my cd, I didn't intend for you to drive to the record store and buy one," Ms. Simpson teased as he walked down the aisle to join the rest of the club. "Just because you're our star of this play, let's not let you become a diva."

"So no wearing sunglasses inside and I can't be late to every meeting? Man, this leading man thing is overblown," Jake said as he handed it over.

"You should have warned him, Jonathan!" Jessica laughed. "Now quit harassing Ms. Simpson, Jake, and come get your script. I've got it waiting for you."

"I told him that it was a labor of love, Jessica. He just took that and ran with it," Jonathan called out.

"Ran the wrong way as usual," Shelly laughed.

"It was only the one time that happened, Shelly, and how can it be harassing if I'm doing a favor, Jess?" Jake asked.

1...34567...30