Newfound Love Ch. 02

Story Info
Time well spent.
1.8k words
4.49
44.4k
14
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 02/26/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Octavia sat in the third row listening to the speaker drone on about his latest research. She wished that she could pay more attention, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. The feeling began that morning as she made her way through the breakfast line. The hotel's food was actually decent and Octavia was thankful that she didn't have to cook for herself for once. As she sat at a table in the corner by herself, she began to feel like a pair of eyes had set their sights on her. She looked around for the culprit, but there was no one there that seemed at all interested in the quiet black woman in the corner. Perhaps she was imagining it all. She had been accused of being paranoid before. Octavia shook it off and continued to eat her breakfast. After returning to her room to change into her casual suit, she headed down to hear the different speakers at the conference. She had sat through four talks and although she found the topics interesting and useful for her practice, she was also consumed by the niggling feeling she had in the back of her mind. What was going on?

Marcus could barely contain himself at the talk. He could see Octavia sitting a few rows in front of him. He wanted to make himself known to her, but at the same time, he didn't want to scare her away. Octavia needed some gentle coaxing to get her to come out of her shell. He couldn't help but wonder what she would be like when she finally emerged as her true self. It seemed that if he wanted to earn her trust, it would take more than just the weekend because she was so shy. But, was he willing to take that time? It was that thought that made him wish for just one night with her, quick and without commitment. But, there was that tightening that he felt inside when he looked at her that made him rethink his stance. Would he really be satisfied with one encounter with such an exquisite beauty? It was a question that threatened to keep him up the night before. He had finally fallen into a fitful sleep at around 5 am. Marcus dreamed of her, her soft face, her deep brown eyes, her full lips. He couldn't get her out of his head, out of his system, and he hadn't even touched her yet. Marcus felt like a teenager with his flood of hormones and confusion. What was going on?

As soon as the talk was over, instead of talking to the speaker as she usually did, Octavia rushed out of the room, feeling almost naked to the eyes that she felt were constantly on her. She hurried over to the water fountain that was down the hall from the room and took long gulps of the refreshing water. Octavia stood up and took a breath only to have it taken away again by the sight of the handsome Marcus. He was speaking to a small group of women outside the door that she had exited only a few minutes earlier and the women were definitely flirting with him. How did she not notice he was there? What was he doing there? Were his eyes the ones that she felt? A million questions rushed through her head at that moment. She couldn't believe that a man like him would find her attractive, so she dismissed the idea of him watching her, although it was a flattering thought. She straightened her dark blue slacks and made sure that her cream colored button down shirt was tucked into place. She had removed her suit jacket earlier and thought about putting it back on. Unfortunately, the hotel was being kept unusually warm that morning, so she would go without the jacket. Octavia strode purposefully past Marcus and his groupies, looking briefly in their direction before turning her eyes back to the hallway in front of her. It was silly of her to have even considered the possibility that Marcus was interested in her. Besides, what could possibly happen in a weekend? There wasn't enough time to get to know him and establish some kind of relationship with him. She would just have to forget about him...somehow.

Octavia was making her way to the elevator when a hand grabbed her elbow gently. She turned around quickly to see Marcus towering above her with a sweet smile on his face. She felt herself drowning in the deep pools of his beautiful blue eyes. She could feel that her mouth was hanging open, but at the moment, she couldn't seem to find the willpower to close it. She was under his spell.

Marcus had quickly brushed off the women he was talking to off in order to catch up with Octavia. He didn't want to loose her after he spent most of the morning tracking her down. He felt a bit stalkerish, but it was for a good reason. He had to get to know this gorgeous woman before they parted ways. "Hey! I was afraid I missed you. How has your morning been so far?"

Octavia's neurons were slow to fire. She was still trying to process the fact that he had come after her and was at the moment touching her. Marcus tilted his head to the side in question and Octavia realized she still hadn't said anything. She could feel her cheeks heat as she mumbled her reply. "Fine..."

Marcus chuckled. She was so cute when she was flustered and he loved the way her nipples were poking through her blouse at the moment. They looked like a tasty treat. He only hoped he hadn't totally scared her off. "I noticed you were heading to the elevator. Going back up to your room so quickly?"

Octavia just nodded. She didn't know what to say and her mouth seemed to be having trouble forming words.

"So, does that mean you don't have lunch plans? If you don't, would you like to accompany me to lunch. We can go wherever you like."

Octavia's brain was about ready to quit on her. Had he really asked her out to lunch? Octavia willed her mouth to work. "I don't have any plans...I would love to go with you, if it's not too much trouble."

Marcus's smile spread until it seemed that he was grinning from ear to ear. "Great! Let's go." Marcus continued to hold on to her elbow as her guided her through the lobby and out onto the bustling street. They chose a restaurant that was a couple of blocks from the hotel. The pair settled into the booth and gazed at each other from across the table. Marcus wished that it was darker, so the mood would be more romantic, but it would do.

Octavia looked nervously down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. He waited until she looked back up at him to start speaking to her again. "So, tell me more about yourself, Octavia Davis."

Octavia suppressed a giggle and thought about what she should tell him. She began by telling him about her current job, working at a developmental laboratory set up for observing children in various stages of growth. She was hoping to change jobs soon, but didn't know where she wanted to go or what she wanted to do. She was looking for a change of scenery and pace. Minnesota was a great place to learn and discover new people, but it was so cold in the winter. She worked in a smaller town outside the Twin Cities and although she loved it, she needed to get away. She told him briefly about her childhood and ended with a quick overview of her college years.

Marcus sat and absorbed every piece of information that came out of Octavia's mouth. She was fascinating and he was so glad that he had taken the time to get to know her just a little bit better. After she finished, she apologized for droning on, stating that it was so rare that anyone asked her about herself in a serous manner, that she tended to ramble on when it did happen. Marcus assured her that he wasn't in the least bit upset or offended and he wished that she would tell him more. She shook her head, already feeling as if she revealed too much to this man that she had just met. "Tell me about Marcus. That's who I'm curious to know about."

Marcus shrugged. What was there to tell? He grew up in a small town in Missouri. It turned out that the town was way too small for the likes of him. He felt cramped, so he left to make his name in Hollywood. Unfortunately, his dreams of becoming a star soon faded, but it did a lot to make him realize that he needed a good education and a good job in order to find a good wife. He had tried his hand at marriage, but it hadn't worked out for either of them. To say they parted amicably would be laughable. They had been at each other's throats throughout the entire proceedings. The only thing that prevented Marcus from strangling his wife was that he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing him in jail. Marcus realized that he probably shouldn't have been sharing that with the woman he wanted to sleep with, but there was something about her, in her eyes, that made him feel like he could tell her anything and she wouldn't judge him. He continued to tell her about moving and starting over again as a hospital psychiatrist. It was a taxing job, but at least he was helping others and it took away from the hurt that he was feeling from the divorce. Once he had finished, Marcus looked into Octavia's eyes. It looked as if she was ready to cry.

Octavia sighed; overwhelmed that Marcus had shared so much of himself with her. She was honored. They finished their meal, talking about lighter subjects and when they left, Octavia placed her hand in his. Marcus was a little shocked at her display of affection, but he didn't mind. She was just what he needed right then.

Octavia hadn't judged him and she was still willing to be near him, even after he told her of his violent dreams about his wife. She just nodded and smiled. She didn't scold him, like his friends, she just accepted him and that stage of his life. Octavia was so young and inexperienced in comparison to him, he almost rethought his desire to have her. But, her gentle, giving nature made him want to stay in her presence for as long as he possibly could. Perhaps Octavia was someone who could help him heal. Marcus still wanted her sexually, there was no doubt about it, but he also saw potential in their relationship. Potential for what, he didn't quite know. They parted ways, agreeing to meet up for dinner and drinks later. Octavia could hardly wait. Marcus was still debating whether this woman was one night stand material or was she worth something more to him. Only time would tell.