Newfound Love Ch. 03

Story Info
Will dinner lead to something more?
2.9k words
4.71
42.5k
15

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 02/26/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Octavia waited in front of the elevators, smoothing down the flowing peach skirt that fell just above her knees. It was her favorite skirt because it showed off her legs and the shape of her hips. The white blouse she chose to accompany it was sleeveless and made her feel sexy. The low whistle that reached her ears made her turn. A slow easy smile spread across her face and one word fell from her lips. "Marcus..."

Marcus strolled up and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. It was the perfect way to greet his newfound princess. He didn't want to scare her off, but he also wanted to convey the fact that he was comfortable around her. Her intoxicating scent seemed to engulf him when he leaned in. Octavia smelled like a mixture vanilla and roses. Marcus found himself itching to get close to her, just to breathe in her essence again. But, for her sake, he would have to restrain himself. Everything would come to fruition in good time. He extended the crook of his arm out to his lovely date. Octavia looked down at her feet briefly, as if she was embarrassed, then she brought her arm under Marcus', resting her hand on his forearm. They walked out of the hotel together, each wondering what the night would bring.

Octavia took in Marcus' appearance. He was dressed in a pair of nice black slacks that looked impeccable on him. The dark blue shirt that he wore brought out the blue of his eyes, making them seem more vibrant. He was gorgeous. Octavia could hardly believe that she was going to dinner with the handsome gentleman to her left. She worried that he saw her as being too young for him. She was younger than him and less experienced than most, but she knew that if he gave her a chance, she would try her hardest to please him.

She had the crazy desire to pull his hair out of the ponytail that it was always in and run her fingers through it. She longed to have it brush softly against her face as they lay intertwined, engaging in the most satisfying sexual encounter ever. But Octavia was not the one night stand type of girl. She wanted a relationship. She wanted happily ever after and although Marcus would contribute some great genes to any kids that he fathered, Octavia doubted that he would be willing to father her children. 'He has just gotten over his previous marriage, for heavens sake. Why would he want to jump into a serious relationship with me?' Octavia's brow furrowed as she tried to mentally shake herself back into reality.

Marcus looked over at his companion. She was thinking about something. Marcus tried to stifle his chuckle as he peered at her. She heard him though, and her head swung up, looking at him with wide eyes. Marcus felt his breath catch in his throat. Octavia had the most beautiful eyes and they seemed to invite him to fall into them and get lost. He stared back at her for a few more moments before regaining his train of thought. "A penny for your thoughts, Octavia."

Octavia felt the heat rush to her cheeks. What was she supposed to say? I was fantasizing about pleasing you? Yeah, right, like she was going to fess up to that. For all she knew, Marcus could be thinking of her as just a friend or as a little sister. Now was not the time for her to lay her feelings for him out on the table. "I..I was just trying to decide what I wanted for dinner."

Marcus smiled warmly at her. She was not a good liar. He could see that she wasn't being totally truthful when he looked down into the depths of her eyes. He chose to dismiss it and let her think that he believed her little story. "Well, you have plenty of time to think about that. We haven't even gotten to the restaurant yet. In the meantime, why don't you tell me about the rest of your day?"

While they walked to the restaurant, Octavia told him of the talks that she attended, becoming very animated when she discussed topics that particularly drew her in. Marcus could only smile. She was something, alright. He was just glad that she let him into her life. He was still contemplating what to do. Would he settle for just one night? Would she give him that night, knowing that he would be leaving the next day to go back to his life and she to hers? There probably wouldn't be much opportunity to get together in the future, with her planning her big move and all. Marcus sighed.

Marcus knew wanted to be in her life somehow. He didn't want Octavia to go back to Minnesota and forget about him. He desired to have her want to talk to him after the conference was over. She was someone he could talk to and not feel like she was looking down on him. It was something about her that he cherished.

They arrived at the restaurant where Marcus had made reservations. He made sure to have them seated somewhere where they could talk and have a somewhat romantic atmosphere. They took their seats in a secluded booth near the back of the restaurant. Octavia's smile as she looked at the table bathed in candlelight made all his efforts worth it. Marcus sat next to Octavia in the booth, not wanting to have to lean over the table to hear her. He also wanted to be able to luxuriate in her rosy, vanilla scent. She was intoxicating without even knowing it. Her hair was pulled up into some sort of bun, which left her neck bare. Marcus found himself wishing that he could lean over and suck on her neck, marking her as his.

The possessiveness of his last thought startled him. Mark her? She was hardly his, but something inside of him craved her like nothing else in the world. Octavia was studying the menu that had been set in front of her. Her nose was scrunched up and her bottom lip was being chewed on, as if she were deep in thought. Marcus could have just grabbed her and kissed the breath out of her. He wondered what would happen if he did. She might run off, especially if she saw him as just a friend. Marcus wanted so much more than what friendship would bring. He wanted his princess in bed.

Octavia knew she was staring hard at the menu, but she could help it. It was kind of dark at the table, and while it was romantic, it made it harder to see the menu from where she was sitting. She would have grabbed the candle and pulled it over to herself, but she was afraid that she would set everything on fire. It would be just like her to screw everything up by setting Marcus ablaze. That would surely have him running for the hills. She sighed and looked over at Marcus. He was looking at her so intently; Octavia briefly wondered if she had something on her face. She raised an eyebrow, cautiously regarding him as he continued to stare at her. His eyes had a far away look in them. Her gaze shifted to his lips as he licked them.

Octavia could feel the heat rushing to her face. Those lips and that tongue inspired many dirty thoughts and she nearly came at the idea of his lips on various parts of her body. One part in particular...she tried her hardest to bite back the moan that accompanied that fantasy, but she failed. When she looked back up, Marcus was the one with the raised eyebrow and Octavia wished she could melt into the booth. He just had to come back to earth when she was staring at his lips, didn't he? She sighed and was about to explain, when it happened.

If her brain couldn't process him coming after her to talk to her by the elevator earlier that day, it sure as hell was even going to start trying to figure out why his lips were on hers. Her brain shut off all conscious thought and Octavia became aware of the sweet pressure that Marcus was exerting. The kiss was soft, but demanding. He wanted things that Octavia didn't realize she had to give. But, oh, she would try if he would keep kissing her. His tongue grazed her lips and she opened them to allow him access.

Marcus deepened the kiss pulling her closer to him, as if he wanted every inch of her touching him. And he did. He was tempted to lay her down in the booth and show her that he was everything that she had dreamed of in a man, but Octavia wasn't that kind of girl. She would probably blush to high heaven when he pulled away, just from the kiss they were sharing. And what a kiss it was.

Marcus had been imagining what lay beneath the skirt that Octavia was wearing when he became aware that Octavia had noticed his intense gaze. It was just that he wasn't about to stop. He was memorizing each millimeter of skin that was exposed to him. He wanted kiss and lick it all. It was only the fact that they were in public that held his impulse in check. But, when Octavia's eyes fell to his lips and she sucked in her bottom lip to stifle a soft moan, it was then he knew he was lost. He wouldn't leave that booth without tasting her; in fact, he wouldn't go another minute without lovely Octavia's lips pressed against his own. As soon as she had her fill of his lips, he swooped down and claimed hers.

Her mouth was so...delicious. As were the sweet sighs that accompanied the kiss. Marcus knew that if he didn't stop right then, he wouldn't stop at all. Octavia made him burn and he wanted to consume her and make her just as hot for him. But, not at the table. He would save the devouring for later.

Marcus pulled away slowly, looking into Octavia's eyes as they flew open. It was a mistake looking into those brown orbs. The moment her eyes settled on him, he was kissing her again.

Octavia's brain was about to go on strike. There were no coherent thoughts to be had and just when she thought it was safe to think again, here was Marcus kissing her senseless. The man was a nuisance, at least where thinking was concerned.

Octavia had only dreamt of the things that were happening right now. She could feel Marcus' hands roaming the curves of her body and for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to care. It must have been because her brain was on the fritz. Yes, that was it. If her brain was working properly, she would never let herself be caressed in such a sensual manner in public. But, then again, she had never been with such a handsome, passionate man in public. She was convinced that if he asked, she would do just about anything, including run a marathon naked.

Octavia brought her hands up to Marcus' chest. She wanted to push him away, but found herself stroking him, feeling the muscles that were rippling beneath his shirt. She was right, the man worked out. Octavia could feel her panties clinging to her wetness and decided that she should at least eat before proceeding to rip the clothes off of the man next to her.

This time Octavia broke the kiss, her chest heaving, trying to catch the breath that Marcus stole from her. Marcus was breathing just as hard, but that wasn't the only thing that was...hard. Marcus hoped that she wouldn't notice who else had joined their dinner party. After they had pried themselves apart and were resituated, the waiter came over with two glasses of water and walked away saying, "You two looked like you needed a drink."

Once again, Octavia wished she could melt into the booth. That was embarrassing. Marcus just shrugged and took a long gulp of water. Then he proceeded to play with his napkin, adjust his shirt, and twirl the menu on the table. Octavia figured he was just trying to keep his hands off of her. She smiled, liking the idea that he couldn't resist her. The waiter came back after a bit and took their orders. They made small talk, getting to know more about each other while waiting for their food.

Once the food came, the conversation lulled, but it was a comfortable silence. Octavia was so intrigued by Marcus. Everything that he chose to share with her only made him more desirable in her eyes. He was real. He had lived and wasn't afraid to show it. Sure, he had some battle scars, who didn't? The thing that Octavia admired the most was the fact that he didn't let those old wounds stop him from continuing to live. She only wished that she had his courage. Then perhaps she wouldn't be afraid to take the next step, to make the next move.

As the night went on, Marcus itched to touch her. Her every gesture and every face that she made called to him on the most basic level. He wanted her something fierce. What was he going to do? Could he give her everything he knew she wanted and needed? He couldn't find the answers. Marcus could only play it by ear at this point.

After dinner, they walked to a small bar that was close to the hotel. Octavia rarely drank, but she enjoyed talking to Marcus and didn't want the night to end. They discussed music, sports, politics, basically anything that popped into one of their heads. They laughed together and Octavia couldn't seem to stop her heart from racing every time his deep laugh rumbled in his chest. They decided to call it a night at 11pm, but when they got to the hotel lobby, they sat together on a couch and continued their conversation about jazz music.

A long yawn interrupted Octavia's explanation of how she first began playing the sax. Marcus let out a heartfelt sigh. He didn't want the night to end, but Octavia was wilting before his eyes. "Alright, V, it's time to get you into bed."

A devilish smile played across Octavia's lips as she thought of whose bed she wanted to get into. But, despite the drinks, Octavia couldn't bring herself to be that forward. She wanted to be with Marcus, but the conference was ending the next day. Could she live with herself if she had a one night stand with Marcus? Would he see her as some kind of slut? Octavia didn't think she could handle it if he did and she knew that one night with Marcus wouldn't do. She wanted more, but she could tell that at this point in his life, Marcus wasn't ready for more. She would have to settle for spending time with him and cherishing every moment they spent together. Maybe one day...it was too much to hope. Octavia dismissed the thought and slowly stood. "I guess you're right. I've been fighting off sleep for some time now."

As they stood in the elevator, Marcus felt the urge to grab her again, reminding him of the first time he laid eyes on Octavia. She was so timid, as she was now, but there was so much more to her inside that shell of hers. Looking at her as she smoothed the wrinkles from her skirt, he briefly wondered what he would find under the skirt. He wished that he could find out when they reached the 12th floor, but Marcus was too concerned about Octavia's feelings. He couldn't hurt her the way he knew he would if he took her back to the hotel and fucked her 'til the sun came up. They would part ways the next day and he couldn't promise her anything.

And so, their night together ended in front of Octavia's room door. Marcus laughed because his room was only a few doors away, a fact he pointed out to Octavia. He gave her a kiss to remember him by, and oh would she remember.

The kiss was supposed to be a chaste, friendly one, but it evolved quickly and Marcus found himself tempted to take Octavia against her door. He could feel his hardness pressing into her mound and all he wanted was to be inside her at that moment. His hands explored, her hands clutched his shoulders in a death grip. Eventually, hers traveled up to free his hair and play in it. The kiss seemed to last forever, but they had to stop. Marcus pulled himself away, resting his forehead briefly on hers, and huskily thanked her for the wonderful night. Octavia nodded, it was all she could manage to do. If his kiss was that passionate and amazing, she couldn't imagine what his loving would do to her. It would probably drive her mad.

Marcus walked away, quickly adjusting the raging hard on that he had. Octavia stood and watched him go to his room. She let herself into hers and leaned heavily against the door. That man was going to be the end of her. She undressed and lay in her bed. She couldn't let the night end like this, could she?