Night Hunt Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Connor glanced away, but it was too late. Once his sister caught whiff of something, she was relentless.

"What was that? I thought you didn't do the pining-from-afar thing." Dana asked, her gaze suddenly scrutinising.

"I'm not. She's nothing," Connor said as evenly as he could.

"Didn't look like nothing to me," Dana said.

"Leave it alone, Dana," Connor muttered.

"How could I? You were looking at her like... well, nevermind," Dana said.

"Like what?" Connor asked, annoyed that he'd been baited.

"Like she's.. you know." Dana waved her hand in the air as if it made things any clearer.

"No, I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"Quit trying to impose your romantic notions on me," Connor said dismissively. "It's ridiculous. She's annoying as hell. She's too stubborn for her own good, and she hates me."

"Didn't look like she hated you," Dana remarked.

"She's an elf," Connor informed his sister. That should get her off his back.

"Since when did species matter to you?" Dana asked.

"Elves are another story. Have you forgotten what they've done to us?" Connor shook his head. Surely his sister's pregnancy hormones were making her crazy.

"The last war between us was almost twenty years ago, Connor," Dana said softly. "I miss our brothers too, but that's all in the past now."

"Just drop it, ok?" Connor said.

"Fine," Dana sighed, "I'll drop it if you'll agree you'll listen to your instincts, not your head. You've been alone a long time. I just want you to be happy."

Connor shook his head. "You're assuming a lot of things here Dana. She's just some female I happen to know ok? Sure, she's gotten under my skin a little, but it's only temporary."

Dana pursed her lips in annoyance, but to Connor's relief, she didn't say anything more. She looked back across the room as Sam reached the bottom of the stairs. Unable to help himself, Connor looked too.

"Uh, Connor?" Dana said, eyes still locked across the room.

"Yeah?" Connor asked.

Then he registered what Dana was seeing. His blood ran cold. Three male elves had made their way to Sam. Connor watched as they took turns wrapping her in big hugs. He recognised them instantly, but that wasn't what had triggered his horror.

As Connor looked, there was no denying that Sam was related to them. They had the same fair skin and light blond hair. The same smiles. Their eyes were all the exact same shade of green. How had he missed it?

"Tyrus-," Connor started, but his voice had gone hoarse. He cleared his throat and tried again. "Tyrus!"

His friend stopped whatever he was saying to Anya and turned to Connor, eyebrows raised.

"Explain to me," Connor said slowly, "what Sam is doing with King Galäeodir and his two eldest sons?"

To his credit, his friend actually looked uncomfortable.

"All these years, you knew something, and you never said a word? You let me share a room with her on our little trip last week! Who is she, Tyrus?"

"When she first came to the city, she came under my protection. I was sworn not to tell anyone. When you two first met, you naturally avoided each other. I didn't think you needed to know," Tyrus said carefully.

"I didn't need to know? Tell me I did not share a bed with someone whose family has been at war with mine for centuries. Those Galäeodirs standing there are the same ones directly responsible for my Uncle's and my brothers' deaths. I saved her life last week, godammit!" Connor ignored the contemplative look on his sister's face and kept his focus on Tyrus.

Tyrus held up his hands slowly. "Connor... you don't know the whole story."

"Just say it," Connor snarled, resisting the urge to punch his so-called friend. "Who is she, really?"

Tyrus sighed. "Sam is really Princess Sämrhyn Avryliel Galäeodir, eighth in line to the Galäeodir throne."

"Princess? Oh for fuck's sake," Connor muttered under his breath.

"She's old enough now that it's not a secret anymore, but she doesn't like people knowing if they haven't figured it out. Calm down Connor, it's not that big a deal," Tyrus said.

"Not that big a deal? We almost... I wanted to... Aargh!" Connor threw up his hands in exasperation.

Tyrus looked across the ballroom at Sam, then looked back at Connor. "You... and Sam? Really?"

"Oh my god, men can be so dense sometimes," Dana exclaimed, rolling her eyes. "Did you really not notice? They're acting like hormonal teenagers at prom!"

"But they hate each other," Tyrus said, looking confused.

Anya laughed and gently placed a comforting hand on Tyrus' arm as she shook her head at him. "The whole time on the trip, you never noticed? I thought you knew."

"Ah. There was that first night at the motel. I believed you Connor, when you said that nothing happened," Tyrus said.

"Because nothing did! Whatever you girls think you saw, you're wrong. It's irrelevant now anyway. Princess. Of all the things you could have kept from me, Tyrus." Connor swore again.

Tyrus opened his mouth to answer, but before he could say another word, a female vampire stepped up to the group.

"Excuse me... Tyrus? King Primakov is ready to see you. He mentioned that you are welcome to bring your slave along. Come with me."

Tyrus nodded and turned to follow, with Anya alongside him.

"Tyrus! This conversation isn't over!" Connor called after his so-called friend.

"We'll talk later, Connor," Tyrus said over his shoulder as he walked away.

"Well," Dana said as they watched Tyrus and Anya leave the ballroom, "looks like this party is getting interesting."