Not Just Another WACC Story Too

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I thought to myself: "How does she always know?"

"You should take it. It is time for an adventure."

The next morning I called and accepted the offer.

6 weeks later we moved into a penthouse condo in Atlanta, Lilly was allowed to choose her next school. She interviewed at 5 different schools, she looked up as we entered the sixth one. "This is the one." She said as we entered the front door.

We got the tour and she sat for testing.

The Headmistress finally called us into her office. "We would love to have Lilly in our school; but we have no openings at the present time."

Lilly smiled and said "That's OK; I will be ready next week."

The Headmistress had a bemused look on her face as Lilly held her hand out to shake with her.

As we were driving home my cell phone rang; before I answered it Lilly said, "Tell her I will start on Monday."

I answered the call. It was the Headmistress on the line, "We have an unexpected opening. When would Lilly like to start?"

I responded "Lilly would like to start on Monday."

It was settled.

We decided to take in some of the sights. We spent one day at Underground Atlanta, went to see the Braves play their last game of the season and went to the Atlanta Zoo.

We were about done when Lilly asked if I knew that lady sitting off to our left.

I started to turn to look when I heard a voice call "Russ, is that you?"

I looked to my left to see who it might be and saw Dot, my former fiancée's mother in a wheel chair.

As we headed over Lilly stated "She is a friend from when you lived in Baltimore."

"Yes, she is."

"You have another friend walking up behind you."

I turned, Lilly was sort of correct. It was Marie, my former fiancée. She was even more stunning than when we were together.

Lilly whispered "It will be OK."

I introduced Lilly to Dot and Marie. Lilly was a perfect lady.

We talked about how our lives had been since we parted years before.

Then Dot said "It is getting toward closing time, could we go somewhere for dinner?"

Before I had a chance to speak Lilly said "OH, Please Daddy may we?"

Dot and Marie were staying at the Hilton in town; we agreed to meet there for dinner at 6:30.

As we left the zoo Lilly dominated the conversation. "Mommy said you were in love with another woman before her. Mommy said that woman hurt you really badly. Is Marie that woman?"

I nodded "Yes."

"I can see it in her eyes she still loves you and misses you a great deal. Did you know that Daddy?"

I just looked over at her.

"Daddy, you always said it is not good to let friend drift away. Do you still love her?"

"I don't know, I was so in love with your Mommy that I almost forgot about her. But it was good to see both of them today."

"If you want to forgive her and love her again it would make Mommy and me happy. She is a very nice lady."

"It was all so very long ago. We did not part in the best of ways. I am note sure there is any hope there."

"Daddy, I promise you will be happy if you give her another chance. She has forgiven you; now you need to forgive her."

We met and had a wonderful dinner. Afterward Dot asked if Lilly could accompany her to their room "...that way Marie and I would have time to catch up."

We talked for hours, when we realized how late it had gotten we went up to get Lilly so I could take her home. To my surprise, they were both up and talking.

As we got set to leave Dot mentioned they were going to see a railroad museum in an Atlanta suburb the next day and asked me if we would like to accompany them.

Lilly squealed with delight and asked if we could see the trains.

I told her we should not be an imposition on them.

Marie spoke up and said it would not be any problem. I was out voted. We were going to see old trains.

The next morning we all piled into my car and went out touristing. Lilly and Dot always seemed to stay about 25 to 30 paces behind us. I think I was being set up. As we looked at the trains I told Marie about my life in San Diego, meeting and falling for Maria, how much in love we had been, how she died and about her father, The Admiral.

Marie had married 4 years after I left. The guy was nice enough, but when they found out Marie was not capable of having children he became abusive. Marie left him and moved back in with Dot, had a restraining order placed against him and filed for divorce. He took everything that was not nailed down and simply disappeared. He managed to get over a hundred thousand dollars of Marie's savings, even though his name was not on the account. The bank, or their insurance, had to repay her money; they are now looking for him too.

Marie was close to tears as she told me there was scarring inside her that caused her to be infertile. The scarring was caused by the STDs she got from the parties my former buddy Tom had set up. The scarring got worse year after year and she finally had to have a total hysterectomy to avoid further complications.

I told her I was sorry to hear that. I really was. I never hated her and would not wish what she had to endure on anyone. I just could not get the images of that night out of my head. I no longer deal with that problem anymore.

My love for Maria had replaced that terror.

Their vacation was over 2 days later. We exchanged phone numbers and addresses before they left.

Every few weeks someone would call for one reason or another and we would talk for a bit. The phone calls seem to be coming closer together.

The day after The Admiral reached 40 years in the Navy he retired. Since we were in Atlanta he asked if we would mind him living there. "You and Lilly are the only family I still have. I have spent enough time away and want to be able to enjoy my final years with you."

We let him stay with us until he found a place to call his own. After he moved out he still spent more time with us than he did at his own place. No one was complaining. He was a gracious guest.

Somehow Lilly managed to convince everyone that Thanksgiving in Atlanta would be a good idea. Everyone included Dot and Marie.

The Admiral and Dot hit it off like old buddies. Marie and I were getting closer too. I was reserved in my thinking; I was not sure how far I could allow myself to fall for Marie.

Just before Dot and Marie decided to move to be near us, I was offered the chance to run the entire Eastern US operations of the company. I would be able to work out of Baltimore; with monthly trips to Atlanta, or them stopping to see me. I took the position and ran with it when Lilly told me she loved the idea.

The Admiral decided to move up north too.

We settled on adjoining properties in the northern reaches of the Baltimore suburbs. Between us we have 16 acres, part wooded and part pasture. Lilly was ecstatic, she put on a campaign to get horse for the 3 of us. For Christmas that year The Admiral had the old barn on his property rebuilt and 5 horses installed in it. One end was his new garage, the other was for the horses; I only knew about the garage. In fact I was under the impression the entire barn was going to be a garage. I wonder how I was led to misunderstand that.

When he took us for a tour on Christmas Day we appreciated to workmanship of the garage. Then he said "Wait until you see this area. Then he led us into the barn to see the horses.

"The one with the bright red ribbon is yours Lilly."

She was in heaven.

There was one for each of the four adults too.

I laughed as I called him "...Rotten Bastard."

He pretended he was offended and said "Not really. I am just easily led astray by beautiful women."

On New Years Eve there was a surprise engagement announcement. The wedding the next June was very elegant. It was well attended by the height of society and many current and retired military persons. The honeymoon lasted a month.

Marie and I settled into a peaceful existence next door to The Admiral.

Lilly is happy with the final outcome of her efforts.

No, Marie and I never did get married. We are happy just being together.

It was Dot and The Admiral who married.

We are all proud to announce THE EQUIPMENT WORKS.

*

I am not sure when I will get a bug up my ass and write any more stories. Maybe tomorrow maybe a week or 2. When the spirit moves me I will be back.

Right now there is a huge backlog of your stories

I need to read and digest.

12