Ob-la-di

Story Info
Desmond has a barrow in the marketplace.
10.4k words
4.34
76k
95
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story for Bae. He has written so many great stories with Beatles' song titles, but as far as I know, never used this one. So, this one is for Harddaysknight, from Shawty.

The Desmond referred to in the song is Desmond Dekker, a legendary reggae singer, and the phrase, "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah," was an expression McCartney heard from Nigerian conga player, Jimmy Scott-Emuakpor.

*****

Desmond looked up when he heard the jangle of the bell over the door of his shop. Jack, his employee, was working the floor, and Desmond watched as he approached the three girls who came in. They appeared to all be dressed very much alike and he wondered if they were related, or just friends. They certainly looked like they were related. He went back to the job he was doing. The fret board on the old Ibanez was badly worn and he was replacing it. Its owner had dropped it off last week and he was finally getting around to fixing it. Desmond sold instruments, but he repaired them, too, and that was a lot of his business. He heard Jack talking to the girls and then footsteps approaching. He looked up and Jack was coming around the counter.

"Hey, Des; can you help those girls? They want to do a special order."

"Sure, send them back to the office," he said.

He put down the Ibanez and went back to his office and sat behind his desk. Jack brought the three girls in and introduced them. "These girls have a band and they want some stuff with their name on them," he said. "This is Molly. She's the lead singer and she plays bass. Janet plays guitar and Rachael plays drums."

He stood up and they shook his hand. "You girls a power trio?" he asked.

They laughed. "We're a trio, but I don't know about the power," Molly said.

"What kind of equipment are you looking for?" he asked.

"A double bass with our band name on them," Rachael said.

"Do you want it built in, or can we just put a sticker on them?"

"I don't know," she said. "We didn't know what we could do. That's why we needed to talk to someone."

"Well, putting a vinyl sticker on what you're using now would be the cheapest way to go. Replacing the set with something custom built would be the most expensive. I don't know how the vinyl would stand up to you beating on them. I can find out for you. Anything else?"

"Yes, we want three monitors with our names on the back so the crowd can see them," Molly said.

"I can do that," he said. "Let me show you some stuff."

He got out some catalogues and came around to where they were sitting on the leather sofa. Molly and Rachael slid apart so he could sit between them. They looked at some brands and the girls picked out what they wanted. He noticed that they smelled very nice and they weren't shy about leaning up against him to look at the products.

"Do any of you paint?" he asked.

"I do," Molly said. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I'll make a stencil and lay out the letters and then you can paint them on," he told her. "I'm not much of an artist."

"Okay," she said. "What about the drums?"

"Let me talk to a vinyl guy," he said. "We'll find out whether it will work and I'll let you know. I'll save you the money if it will work."

Molly looked up at him. He noticed she had amazing eyes. They were grey and very light colored; making quite a contrast with her black hair and clear pale complexion.

"Thanks, man," she said. "I appreciate that. We were ready to buy new drums."

"I try to help starving artists when I can. I know it's tough. Where are you girls playing?"

"The Lighthouse," she told him. "Come by and listen to us."

The Lighthouse was a pretty popular place. He thought they must be good to get that gig. "I might," he said. "Are you a cover band or do you do your own stuff?"

"Both," Molly said. "Janet writes most of our stuff we do. We do maybe a third covers."

"What kind of music?" he asked.

"Well, that depends on the venue," Janet said. "We can do metal all the way to some country stuff. Our stuff is kind of alternative. Do you play, Mr. Jones?"

"Please, my Dad is Mr. Jones. I'm Desmond, and yes I do play."

"What do you play?" Molly asked.

"Anything with strings," he said. "I'm not that good with guitars, I don't like them much. I play banjo, mandolin, violin, cello, stuff like that. I play keyboards and horns. I can beat a drum a little, too."

"Want to jam with us sometime?" Rachael asked.

"I doubt I'm up to you girls' level," he said.

"Oh, come on," Molly said. "I'd love to do some stuff that takes those instruments. What horns to you play?"

"Sax and flute," he told her.

"Cool," Janet said. "Will you jam with us?"

"You want me to haul all that stuff out to where you play?"

"Plug us in here," Molly said. "We'll play your stuff. You've got some nice half stacks out there."

It was Friday, and Saturday was a big day for the store. They were closed Sunday so he asked them if they wanted to come back Sunday. They did and they agreed to meet for lunch and come back and play. This was going to be fun, he thought.

Desmond had a small recording studio in the back and he and Jack got it set up Saturday evening after they closed. He had no idea what kind of equipment they used so he texted Janet. They didn't care, so he used Gibson guitars and TAMA Starclassic maple drums. He had some Marshal JVM 410's and he hooked them up. He met the girls for lunch at a steak place, and they were dressed differently than the first time he saw them. They didn't look so much like sisters now. They sat at a circular booth and they slid in on each side of him. They talked and laughed while they ate and they seemed very comfortable with him. After lunch they walked down to the store and he showed them his little studio. They loved it. He had an old ES 335 and Janet fell in love with it. It looked a little big for her but she played it like a dream.

They asked him if he knew "Moaning Lisa Smile," by Wolf Alice. He did and they played it. They were very good. Molly had a voice to die for. It was low and husky, sounding bit like a young Joan Jett. She could sing sweet, too, and do that metal screech on a couple of Halestorm numbers. They did "Can I Get An Amen" and "Mayhem" and it was great. He did a sax run in the middle and then they did some folk numbers with banjo and fiddle parts. Desmond was feeling good and he thought it wasn't bad. The girls loved it. They played a couple of their original numbers and he was impressed. They played for three hours and then they said goodbye and left.

It was a great time and he enjoyed it a lot. Wednesday, he was surprised to get a text from Molly. She asked if he wanted to go out for lunch. "Like on a date?" he texted back.

His phone rang and it was her. She was laughing. "Not on a date, silly. You'll have to ask me if you want to go on a date. I have something I want to talk to you about. Actually we all talked about it and I got appointed to talk to you."

He hadn't really thought about asking her on a date. She seemed out of his league. "Will you go on a date with me, Molly?" he asked.

"I might," she said. "Let's get this other thing out of the way, first. Then you can ask me again."

They met at Appleby's and she kissed him on the cheek. He felt a little awkward, but she seemed fine and he quickly relaxed. They ordered and made small talk while they waited for their food. It didn't take long, and they continued to talk while they ate. They got a beer after lunch and she seemed a little hesitant.

"What is it, Molly?" he asked.

"Well, we really liked the way we sounded at the studio the other day," she said. "It's two things, really. First, we wanted to ask you if we could rent your studio to practice?"

"I don't see why not," he said. "I don't use it that much. I'll get you some keys made. What's the other thing?"

"Well, we were wondering if you'd play some local gigs with us. We think you really add something to our sound we like."

"I don't know, Molly. I don't play professionally. I don't want to get into the scene that much. I like what I do."

"I won't beg, Desmond," she said. "I knew you might not want to. Will you at least think about it?"

"Okay, but I don't think I will," he said. "I might change my mind, but don't get your hopes up."

"Whatever you decide is okay," she said. "We won't put any pressure on you. Will you come to our practice tomorrow? We'll play at the studio. I want you to come to one of our shows, too, before you decide, okay?"

He agreed to both things and they got another beer. "You were going to ask me something else," she said.

He couldn't think of what it was. She started laughing and it came to him. "Oh, that. Will you go on a date with me, Molly?"

"No," she said.

He was crestfallen and a little angry. "Why in the hell did you want me to ask you then?"

She was instantly contrite. "I'm sorry Desmond. I don't mean 'no' permanently. Once you decide about the other thing, I'll go on a date with you. I just didn't want you to think I was trying to sweeten the pot. I'll still go out with you, even if you say no."

He laughed. "I see. Well, that would be a pretty hefty bribe. Let me think about it."

He paid the check and walked her to the bus stop. She kissed his cheek again when she saw the bus coming. "I really like you, Desmond," she said. "Don't wait too long to make up your mind."

His brain was spinning as he walked back to the store. Molly had said she would go on a date with him! All the girls wanted him to play with them! He wasn't really interested in doing the club scene. He'd done that once, and hated it. Most of his dislike had been the people with whom he played. Maybe it would be different playing with these sweet girls. He didn't know what to do. If he decided to play with them, would that make it weird with Molly? He didn't sleep much that night. He left work early the next day so he wouldn't have to see the girls when they came in to practice.

He fell asleep on the sofa after dinner and was awakened by his phone buzzing in his pocket. He looked at it and he had a text from Molly. "Where you @?"

"Home," he texted her.

"We were hoping you'd play with us," she sent back.

"Still thinking," he wrote.

She sent him a smiley face emoji and he laid his head back on the sofa. He still hadn't made up his mind the next morning and he went to the store with a headache. He took a couple of Ibuprophen and by noon he was feeling better. The vinyl guy had called and said the stickers would work fine. He dropped them off shortly after lunch and showed Desmond the stencil he had made. Desmond taped it to the three monitors and went back to the storeroom to find paint. He heard the bell jangle and soon the sound of female voices coming down the hall. The three girls opened the door, and came in.

"Hey, girls; I've got the stickers and the monitors are set up," he told them.

"Good," Janet said. "We aren't here about that though."

"What is it? Studio not working out?" he asked.

"No, that's good too. We're here for an answer, Desmond. We think you should play with us. Will you do it?" Rachael asked him.

"I really hate to disappoint you, but I don't think I want to," he said.

"Why not?" Janet asked. "Let's talk about it."

"Well, first, I don't think I'm good enough," he said. "The second thing is, I like my work. I have a business to run here; a nice business. I'm not rich, but I'm doing well and it's getting better all the time. Third, I'm afraid it will make things weird with Molly."

They looked at her. "Molly?" Janet said.

She laughed. "I kind of said I would go out with him," she said. "I told him I wouldn't until he made up his mind."

"Oh, my God," Rachael said. "You two have to get married!"

"What on earth are you talking about?" Desmond asked.

"In a couple of years they have built

A home sweet home

With a couple of kids running in the yard

Of Desmond and Molly Jones," Rachael sang.

"Oh, my God! The old Beatles song," Molly exclaimed.

All four of them exploded into laughter. "Now you have to take her hand while she sings, "Ob-la-di," Janet gasped.

"We can never get married!" Desmond laughed.

"Why not?" Molly asked.

"I could never afford a 20 carat golden ring!"

The hooted with laughter and when they could breathe again the girls became serious. "That's just bullshit about you not being good enough," Rachael said. "We understand about your store and we promise that our gigs won't interfere with it. I can't say anything about the last thing. That's up to you and Molly. I can't believe you already snagged him like that, Molly."

Molly walked up to Desmond and took his hands. "Desmond, I'll go out with you either way, but I promise not to make it weird if you play with us. Please? Just give it a try. Come to our gig at the Lighthouse tomorrow night. Bring your banjo and your sax and play two numbers with us. We'll rehearse tonight and do them tomorrow. Please?"

Janet and Rachael added their voices and Desmond surrendered. "Okay, one session. I won't travel if you go out of town, though. Don't ask me, okay?"

They promised not to ask and each girl kissed him. They left, and that night they worked two numbers into their set with him playing.

When he got to the Lighthouse, the place was packed. Evidently the girls were quite a draw. The bouncer didn't want to let him in, but he texted Molly and she came and got him. She was wearing black leather pants and a little red top that didn't cover much. She looked delicious. Desmond had noticed how cute she was, but she looked adorable tonight. She had a very tiny waist and the top showed how it flared out into slim but sexy hips. She was obviously not wearing a bra and her breasts bounced and jiggled as she walked him backstage.

She took him into the dressing room and Janet and Rachael were there, dressed identically. These were stunning women, he realized. They both ran to hug him and Molly pressed herself against him in front. Her eyes were shining pools of grey, and he could feel her erect nipples rubbing against his chest. Janet and Rachael went back to their makeup and Molly stayed pressed against him.

"Playing always makes me horny," she whispered. "We play better turned on."

Desmond didn't know if that was the secret or not, but they did play better than he had ever heard them. Molly put on quite a show, and Janet was spot on with her riffs and solos. The crowd loved the two numbers he did with them, and Molly rubbed up against him all the time he was playing. When they got back to the dressing room she never moved away from him for a minute.

"Desmond, you were awesome, we were awesome. Thank you so much for playing with us," Rachael told him.

Both she and Janet gave him a hug. "Molly, what did you think," Janet asked.

"I think I'm ready for that date now," she said. "Desmond, can we go somewhere?"

He took her out to eat wings and they sat together in a booth. She was stuck to him like glue. They talked and giggled together like high school kids, and when he paid the check she leaned over and whispered in his ear."

"Desmond, I want to spend the night with you."

"Really?" He couldn't believe this gorgeous girl was so attracted to him. "I'd love that, Molly. Are you always this horny after a show?"

"Yes, but I don't always have such a great guy," she said.

He took her home and she prowled around his place for a minute. "I love your apartment," she said. "Do you have something I could put on if I take a shower? I'm sort of sweaty from the show."

"I have a better idea," he said. "How about we shower together and then you don't put anything on?"

"I like the way you think," she said.

She led him to the bathroom and he quickly shed his clothes so he could watch her take hers off. She pulled off her little red top and her luscious breasts bounced as she tossed it onto his pile of clothes. She was spectacular. Her breasts weren't huge, but they were full and firm. She had small areolae and cute little pink nipples that capped breasts that turned up at the tips a little. Her skin was milky and he watched in fascination as she pulled down the leather pants and little red panties. She was as bare as a baby, and puffy lips peeked out from between her thighs. Her legs were long and elegant and she had tiny feet.

She licked her lips as she looked him over. She liked what she saw. Desmond was thin and fit. He had been a competitive swimmer in high school and college and he had never stopped. He had the thick shoulders and chest that showed the work and her breath caught in her throat when she saw his cock.

"Jesus, Desmond; that's quite a surprise you've been hiding there!"

He blushed a little. "I didn't want to disappoint you," he grinned. "All rock stars have big packages, I've heard. You've probably seen them all."

"I've seen the cod pieces they wear," she laughed. "You might not believe this, Desmond, but I've never slept with a man before."

"Really? I seem to be saying that a lot. It's hard to believe, Molly. I can't believe a woman that looks like you has never had sex!"

"I didn't say I'd never had sex," she said.

He turned the water on and they got in. "You mean you've slept with women, don't you?" he said.

"Yes."

"Anyone I know?" he teased.

"Janet and Rachael," she said. "We get so horny playing that we need some relief afterward. We almost always fuck after a show. I expect they're in bed together now."

The thought of those three incredible girls together had Desmond hard as a rock. "Jesus, Molly, that's so hot."

"Yes, they're very hot, Desmond. I love them both, you know."

"What do they think about you and me?" he asked.

"They're very happy for me," she said. "They wish they were me."

They spent the next twenty minutes exploring each other's bodies and when he sank to his knees, his tongue buried in her hot little pussy, she cried out when she came. He turned the water off and dried her off. She returned the favor and he carried her to bed. He sank down on her and she felt amazing beneath him. She smelled like his shower gel and aroused girl and he loved her tight little body. He moved up to lock his lips to hers and she shivered as she felt the head of his cock against her pussy. She was very wet and he slid easily between her lips and into her creamy tunnel. She caught her breath in a gasp as he slid into her and her hands shot up to push against his chest.

"Damn, Desmond; you're huge! Slow, baby; I haven't had anything that big in me."

He eased in until he felt his pelvic bone touch hers. There was almost a panicked look in her eyes as he moved to claim her lips again.

"Jesus Christ," she breathed. "Are you all the way in? I don't think I can take any more!"

"You've got it all," he told her.

She relaxed a little and he slid back a little before returning to her depths. "Ah," she said when he bottomed out again. She made that cute little sound every time he moved for a while until her voice rose in volume and pitch and she was groaning at each thrust. He felt her thighs begin to tremble and he could feel the tension gathering in her little body beneath him. He fastened his lips to one little nipple as she arched her back and she exploded, cumming repeatedly as he shot off like a fire hose inside her tight depths. He had never had an orgasm that felt so powerful or lasted so long, and she was still shuddering beneath him when he became lucid again. He continued to pump her and never lost his erection. She came five more times before he went over the edge and came inside her again.

They collapsed limply to the bed and he pulled her over on top of him, his now deflating cock still inside her. She cried a little as she rested her head on his chest.

"Are you okay, Molly?" he asked.

"I'm so okay I can't believe it," she whispered. "Jesus you're a good lover, Desmond. I could get used to this."