Obsession Ch. 01

Story Info
Kyan finds his mate.
5.4k words
4.73
72.6k
81

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/01/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All she could see were his eyes, bright blue, almost shocking in their depth. Those eyes haunted her for months, in her dreams, where there was nothing but sensual sweet kisses and hot sweaty loving and those eyes, staring into her own. Natalie's breath caught in her throat as the bright orbs that were supposedly a part of her imagination bored into her own from down the aisle.

****

Kyan grinned down at the woman that stood in front of him, her rounded belly protruding out in front of her. One of her long fingers was thrust in his direction and her face was twisted into a look of distaste.

"Kyan Diomedes Channing, I know you're not smiling at a time like this," Jasmine growled.

"Jazzy, really, it's not that big of a deal," Kyan replied.

"Your brother forgets that he and I are supposed to go to the baby store before I have to be on bed rest. He calls you and asks you to show up and take me instead. This isn't the ol' switcheroo here, Kyan. This is your janky ass brother's responsibility and he shouldn't be pulling you in."

Kyan grinned down at the formidable woman standing before him. And she had to be formidable to deal with his bitchy, over-protective sisters, not to mention the stress of being pregnant with four children at once. Jasmine wasn't afraid to give him a piece of her mind and, most of the time that was just what he needed. She had become his best friend in short order and he was more than willing to take her places and watch over her while his brother was at work.

"Jazzy, let me take you out. Kiran wanted to be with you today and you know better than I that nothing short of an emergency would pull him away from you," Kyan pleaded.

Jasmine frowned up at him once again. "Yeah right, he practically ran out of here when I mentioned shopping. It's his least favorite thing to do. I basically have to bribe him with sexual favors to get him to go with me. I can't believe he's talked you into coming with me. You don't even like being around large crowds of people."

Kyan grabbed Jasmine up in a hug, before releasing her and taking her hand. "C'mon Jasmine, we've got some shopping to do. Don't worry about me, I can handle the crowds. I mean, look at me."

Jasmine had to admit that Kyan was the kind of guy that made women stare at him and men cower when he turned that ice-blue gaze in their direction. Kyan was built, and his chiseled muscles caused his shirts to mold to his form, the sheer size of his fists, and the 'fuck with me and I will end you' attitude that he had, usually kept people away. He could handle himself, that was for certain. Jasmine gave in, knowing that there was something that she didn't get going on between the brothers.

Kyan tucked her into his Mazda CX-7 and drove to the baby superstore, Mimi's. It was the place to get everything, from clothes, to toys, cribs, and anything else a growing baby might need. Jasmine had made several trips to the store over the course of her pregnancy, and even though the quadruplet's room was pretty much complete, she still felt that she needed to buy a few more things.

Kyan helped Jasmine out of the car and escorted her into the store. As soon as he entered the building, he paused. His nose rose into the air, and he took a deep breath. She was there. Somewhere in the store was the woman of his dreams. His mate. Her scent was something akin to lavender mixed with roses and spice, and it called to him.

Jasmine looked up at her escort and recognized the face that he was making. It was one of supreme rapture and the face that her own husband made at the moment of orgasm or when he smelled something divine...like her naughty bits.

"Kyan?"

"She's here."

"Who's here?"

"My mate."

Jasmine drew in a quick breath. His mate was at the baby store? What did that mean? Was she already pregnant with someone else's baby? For the other man's sake, she hoped not. She lightly touched Kyan's arm and led him farther into the store.

"Kyan, go find your woman. And make sure you bring her to meet me before we leave the store," Jasmine stated, with a smile in her voice.

Kyan nodded and followed his nose. He travelled along several aisles, trailing the intoxicating scent. He almost missed the whimpering child standing alone by a cart in one of the aisles, but his woman's scent clung to him and Kyan wondered who he was.

The boy was small, around three or four years old, clinging to that cart for dear life, tears steaming down his face. He wasn't crying loudly, which was probably the reason people had walked by him without noticing his distress. Kyan hunkered down, making himself as small and as unintimidating as he possibly could.

"Hi there, little one. What's the matter?"

The boy regarded him with tearful eyes before shaking his head. His eyes were a crystalline blue, almost too pretty to believe, and his blond hair was in disarray all over his head. His fingers gripped the cart tighter and fresh tears streamed down the small face.

Kyan smiled softly. "You're not supposed to talk to strangers?"

The boy nodded, before drawing his index finger and his thumb across his lips, zipping them.

"Good boy. Someone has taught you well," Kyan paused and then pointed to himself, "My name is Kyan Channing. And I'm a good guy. I want to help you. May I help you?"

The boy considered this carefully and then nodded.

Kyan nodded as well. "Okay, you don't have to talk to me if you don't want to. I just want to help. Now, is your mom in the store?"

The boy shook his head no.

"Is there someone else you know in the store?"

The boy nodded.

"Are you waiting for them to come get you?"

Another nod.

"Does this person know you are alone?"

The boy shook his head sadly.

Kyan nodded. "Will you come with me?"

The boy shook his head vehemently. Apparently there was no way that he would go with Kyan.

Kyan acknowledged the fact that someone had given him a thorough lesson on strangers. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned on the camera feature. If the boy wouldn't come with him, he would improvise. "I'm going to take a picture of you and bring it to the person that you're waiting on okay?"

The boy smiled up at him while he took the picture with his phone. It was tearful and wobbly at best. Kyan touched the top of the boy's head lightly and pulled the image of his mother and...his aunt...Natalie...from his mind. Kyan grinned. He could feel the pull inside of him when he focused on Natalie. At least his woman wasn't the mother of the small boy holding onto the cart for dear life. He didn't know how he would have dealt with an irresponsible woman like that for eternity.

He stood and assured the boy he would be back and told him not to go anywhere with anyone else. Kyan left, following the scent of his woman quickly, and came upon her arguing with a man. He managed to suppress the growl he felt trying to rip from his throat. Another man was in his woman's space, looking aggressive and way too familiar for his taste. Instead of charging in and grabbing the man by the scruff of his neck, Kyan cleared his throat, gaining their attention.

Natalie started and then stared. She couldn't help herself. There he was, living and breathing, his eyes gazing into hers. It was her dream man. She turned, looking straight into the eyes of the newcomer, James completely forgotten, and smiled. Natalie struggled not to blush and giggle when her smile was returned.

Kyan grinned at the woman that stood so close to him. His mate. My, she was a curvy beauty. Her brown skin seemed so silky and he itched to touch it. Her dark brown eyes, which had held so much fury a moment prior were now widened in wonder and he also detected some lust, and it made the male part of him puff out his chest with pride.

He couldn't be bothered with the man, he was nothing more than a speed bump and Kyan didn't see any reason to slow down. He was going to pursue his woman and he would claim her as his own soon. The silence stretched between them, but as he remembered why he was looking for her, his sense of urgency returned. Kyan took a deep breath and spoke. "Are you Natalie?"

Natalie drew in a quick breath. How did he know her name? And how fair was it that the man's voice turned her into a pile of goo? "Yes? I'm Natalie Grant."

She wondered if she sounded as breathless to the man that stood before her as she did to herself.

"My name is Kyan Channing and I was wondering if you recognized this little boy," Kyan stated as he approached her, his phone facing her.

Kyan fought the urge to push the other man away, hell, push him through a few rows of merchandise, as he also drew closer to look at the phone. The only thing that held him back was the knowledge that his mate would run from him if he did something like that.

Natalie's eyes widened. "That's Kyle! Where is he? Why do you have his picture?" She was ready to beat that smokin' hot ass if she had to over her Kyle.

Kyan sighed. "I found him alone on the other side of the store. I asked him some questions and gathered that his mother had left him there with the cart and he was waiting for you to come find him, but you didn't know he was alone. If you'll come this way, I'll take you to him."

Natalie nodded, but James balked. "I told you that you should have called DCF on that girl a long ass time ago, Nat. She's a fucking unfit mother and you're enabling her. In fact, I say we call DCF right now. That kid is not your responsibility."

Natalie whipped around and marched forward until she was pressed against James' chest. "Excuse me? Did I hear you correctly?"

James inched backward, but his face maintained its scowl. "Kyle isn't your son. He's Mindy's kid and her responsibility."

Natalie growled. "James, if I told your ass once, you should have listened because I hate to repeat myself. Kyle is MY godson. He IS my responsibility should anything happen to his mother. I WILL fulfill my duty as his godmother and as Mindy's friend and take care of that little boy. I am tired of listening to you complain and whine like you're the 4 year old, damn it."

"Nat, I..."

Natalie held up a hand. "Save it. I don't want to hear anything else. I suggest that we go our separate ways right now and maybe we can talk later. Don't expect much, though, because I am really tired of putting up with your bullshit. Good luck finding a present for your sister."

Natalie turned back towards Kyan and didn't say a word when he wrapped his large hand around hers and led her to Kyle. She didn't even think about how good he smelled and how safe she felt standing beside him. She ignored how small her hand felt in hers and how he towered over her. She did notice that his strides were more than twice hers, but he slowed down so she wouldn't have to run. Considerate. Safe. Fucking gorgeous.

Her mind blanked and she rushed forward, kneeling and gathering Kyle in her arms when she set her eyes on him. His little arms wrapped around her neck tightly, his tears wetting her neck and shirt as he buried his face there. She rocked him gently until he calmed, innately aware that Kyan was standing behind her, watching the scene intently.

Natalie turned and smiled at Kyan once again. "Thank you so much for finding me."

She then turned her attention back to the boy in her arms. "Kyle, where's your mom?"

He whimpered softly before answering. "She left with a man. She told me to stay with the cart and you would find me. And if I left the cart, a bad person might try to take me. I stayed right there and I didn't talk to any strangers, Auntie Leelee."

Natalie sighed and crushed the boy tighter to her chest. It killed her that her friend was so fucking irresponsible, leaving him to fend for himself in a huge store, but she would never call DCF on her. They would take him away from his mother and there was no way that they would be willing to give him to Natalie. She wasn't really family and she was black. They probably looked down on that or some shit.

Kyan watched the scene quietly, noting just how much love his woman had for another person's child. He hoped she would be equally as loving to their children, but he knew she would.

He heard the soft cough behind him and turned to find Jasmine smiling up at him. "Kyan, it's about time I found you. Your brother called and he wants me to go to the hospital for a checkup. You know how paranoid he's getting now that we're getting closer to the due date...and bed rest."

Kyan nodded and turned back to his mate. She was standing now, the small boy cuddled in her arms.

Natalie watched the pair as she stood, holding Kyle close. She could feel the love that each had for the other and it depressed her for some reason. Maybe it was because Kyan obviously had no problem dating black women and she couldn't even capitalize on it. She should have known that a man that fine was attached...and it looked like he was close to becoming a daddy as well, judging by the large belly that the woman sported.

Kyan grinned and stared for a minute more before turning to Jasmine and making introductions.

"Jasmine, this is Natalie Grant and her godson, Kyle. Natalie, this is my sister-in-law, Jasmine Channing. And these are my future nieces and nephews," Kyan stated as he rubbed the rounded belly, feeling the babies move within.

Natalie released a breath before checking herself again. Just because Jasmine wasn't his wife didn't mean that he wasn't attached. The man was clearly too fine to be single and if he was, she wouldn't mind trying him out for size. If he was anything like he was in her dreams, she knew she would be in for the ride of her life.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Natalie. I hope my brother hasn't bothered you too much," Jasmine said with a smile.

"No, not at all. Actually, he found my godson and got me to him, so I'm forever in his debt. He can bother me all he wants."

Kyan smiled. If he had his way, he'd be bothering her a lot. "It was nothing. I'm just glad I could help."

Natalie nodded. "Well, we better get going. Thank you again, Kyan. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome."

Natalie walked past them, Kyle in her arms, and toward the exit before stopping in her tracks and letting out a low curse. James had driven the group to the store and she was surely not about to get in the car with that jackass. She would never hear the end of it. He would be forever nagging her about social services and Natalie was NOT about to go there. Heck, she doubted the man was even still in the store.

She felt the large presence behind her and knew that Kyan was standing there, watching and waiting. She turned and looked up into those intense blue eyes, partially hidden behind his dark wavy hair.

"I think we're stuck here for a while," Natalie stated before worrying her bottom lip with her teeth.

Kyan fought back the urge to groan and the urge to grab her in his arms and suck on her luscious bottom lip. He cleared his throat as he cleared his mind of all the impure thoughts.

"Well, we can give you a ride. It's just Jasmine and I in the car. We can buy a car seat for Kyle here before we take off. That is, if you don't mind a ride to the hospital first."

Natalie stared into those too blue to be true eyes and knew that she could trust him. The feeling that had enveloped her before, when he was leading her to Kyle, told her as much. Her mind rebelled against the thought of getting into a car with complete strangers, even if one was too pregnant to do anything potentially harmful. But her heart, that was a different matter. It was all for urging her to jump into this, whatever it was, with both feet and her eyes wide open. It wanted nothing more than to trust Kyan implicitly and completely.

"I could call someone. It's not a problem. I don't want to put you out anymore than we already have," Natalie said, just to offer Kyan one last out. It was asking a lot for him to drive them home, especially after dropping Jasmine off at the hospital.

"It's really not a bother. It would be my pleasure. I would like to see you both home safely. It would do my mind a world of good," Kyan offered with a grin.

Natalie looked at the small boy she held. "So, how about it, Squirt? You think we should get a ride from Mr. Channing?"

Kyle stared at Kyan for a moment before he nodded, smiling up at his godmother. "I like him. He's nice and he helped me. He can give us a ride."

"Well then, it's settled. You're coming with us," Kyan replied, walking them towards the aisle where they could find a car seat.

*****

Kyan grinned broadly as he pulled up to the Emergency entrance to the hospital. Jasmine thought it was ridiculous, but Kiran wanted to pick her up there and he was waiting with a wheelchair on the curb.

Jasmine scowled when she saw him with the wheelchair. She held back the slew of curses she wanted to unleash on him when she opened the door, but only because there was a child in the car with her. "I don't know why you brought a wheelchair, Kiran. I'm not getting in it."

Kiran smiled sweetly. "How did I know that's what you were going to say, love?"

"Maybe because that's what I've said every damn time you've brought a wheelchair to the car."

"Well, not exactly. You've cleaned it up a bit today."

Jasmine made a face. "We have company. I didn't want them to know about my propensity for cursing right off the bat."

Kiran leaned down and peered into the car past his woman. "Hey, Kyan. Thanks for dropping off my love and taking her shopping for me. I owe you, bro."

Kyan nodded. "You do. Anyway, Kody, I want you to meet Natalie Grant and her godson, Kyle Greenberg."

Kiran looked into the backseat, his eyebrows rising, before he grinned. "Nice to meet you, Natalie and Kyle. I'm Kiran Channing, the handsome and charming older brother, but you can call me Kody. Everyone else does."

Natalie returned the smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Kyan snorted. "Older brother? You beat me by four minutes. That hardly makes you older."

"Four minutes older is still older, Kyan. No need to be bitter."

Kyan sighed heavily. "Go take your woman in for her checkup. I've got to go and we're taking up space here. There might be people with actual emergencies that want to park here."

"You want to move up to the front, Natalie?" Kiran asked.

Natalie nodded. She could use a bit more room to stretch out in the car and Kyle was safe in the backseat. "Thank you."

Kiran held out his hand and helped her out of the back and into the front. "It's not a problem, Natalie. I hope to see you again some time."

Natalie smiled. "I guess we'll see. It was nice to meet you at any rate."

Jasmine waved from beside her husband. "Later, Kyan. Bye, Natalie and Kyle."

Kiran closed the door and walked with Jasmine halfway to the doors before he scooped her up and dumped into the wheelchair. Kyan could hear her cursing him out as he started up the car and drove off. Kiran loved to rile Jazzy up for some reason, but he knew it was all in good fun.

Kyan looked over to his passenger and couldn't bear to part with her so soon. "Are you hungry?"

A voice from the back of the car answered. "Yes!"

Natalie smiled. "I guess we're hungry then."

"How does pizza sound? There's that place with all the fun games and whatnot inside. We could go there."

Natalie stared at Kyan incredulously. "You want to take us to Chuck's Fun Factory?"

"It seemed like a kid-friendly option," Kyan shrugged as he answered.

Natalie laughed. "It is kid-friendly. It's also the place you go if you want to spend an ridiculous amount of money on nothing at all and it's impossible to leave."

"What, do they have big, burly guys at the door that keep you from leaving?"

12