On the Simplicity of Words

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And I was fiercely thankful for them, and fiercely proud of her, and impossibly glad.

It was late when we finally got home. Lea was wrecked; she stumbled, yawning, to the bathroom, brushed her teeth and made for her room. She pulled the door nearly shut behind her. I, meanwhile, had a long liaison with the shower, emerging pink and fresh.

I paused at her door. "Lea?" I called softly. "You still awake?"

"Mm. Sorta."

"Ok. Night, sweetie. See you tomorrow. Yell if you need anything at all, okay?"

"Night, Rose. Love you. Sleep well," she yawned.

I nudged my bedroom door partway closed and crawled into bed, but it was some time before I could settle enough to sleep.

I kept having to fight the urge to crawl in with her.

.:.

Footsteps woke me from a light doze. It was dark. I felt a moment's relief that I could sleep longer.

I listened as Lea padded to the loo. There was a silence, then the sound of running water. I waited for the gentle squeak of her door.

But instead, mine slowly opened.

I heard her nightdress brush against the door and the wall. She took a couple of soft steps. Then I felt my duvet shift as she pulled it back; my mattress deformed as she gently lowered herself onto it.

I let out the breath I'd been holding; she froze for a moment. Then she slowly slipped in beside me. I shivered as I felt her cool skin against me, and bit down the noise I almost made as she covered us and then snuck her arm around me, just below my bare breasts.

"Rose? I know you're awake," she breathed. "I can feel your heart racing."

"What... what are you..."

"I'm cold and lonely. And I can't sleep."

"And..."

"So I came hunting warmth. And companionship."

"Mm. Really?"

"Yes. I needed to be near you."

She shifted against me, burrowing in closer. I tried to relax, but something about her scent, her presence, had the opposite effect on me. I squirmed involuntarily. I bit my lip, hard, as I tried to tear my thoughts away from how good she felt against me.

"I liked the way people watched us at your club," she whispered. "I liked it when they asked if we were an... item."

"They're desperate to find chinks in my facade," I whimpered, trying to ignore the way that her proximity was unsettling me.

"Well. They found one. Me."

"You're not a chink in my facade. You're my foundation stone," I groaned.

She sighed. "Rose. You need to be more careful of what you do to me when you say things like that. Words have power."

I rolled over towards her. "What do you mean? It's how I feel about you. It's how I've always felt about you."

She sighed. "Yes. But... I mean..."

"Lea, you're babbling..."

"Forget it," she whispered.

"No. I won't. You've come in here with something on your mind and I know that you want to talk about it."

I pillowed my head on my arm so that I could watch her. "So tell me what it is."

She was barely visible in the faint ambient light; a silhouette, the shadow of a girl. I couldn't see her face, but I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was stressed.

"What is it, Lea?"

"Remember how I told you that bringing boys back here wouldn't be a problem for me?"

"Vaguely."

"I'm... I've..."

She swallowed.

I fumbled for her cheek, gently cupped it in my hand. "Just breathe. I'm here."

"That's just the problem," she said, with a strange little laugh.

"Why?"

And then I shivered as she slowly ran her hand down my spine, lingering briefly at the small of my back. "Oh..." I gasped, as the penny finally dropped.

She trailed her fingers further down, and I felt her take a shuddering breath. I whimpered as her touch lit flames in me.

"I've never been with anyone," she whispered softly. "Never. I was saving myself. Because... because... it's always been you, Rosie. It's always only ever been you that I wanted. So... I waited. For you."

I shuddered, took a panting gasp of air.

She shifted in towards me.

I could smell the faint overlay of her soap, the underlay of her.

My heart was pounding now; I tried to be adult, tried to fight away the need.

I knew she was broken.

I knew I was broken.

But as she slowly, shyly began to nuzzle against me the last little bit of my control burned away.

"I love you," she whispered, and I surrendered unconditionally to her.

I clasped my arms around her, pulled her to me, over onto me so that I could have her closer. Her lips were hot on mine, her body as light as a feather as she rolled half on top of me. She was shaking, panting for air as I pulled her to me, held her to me, held my Lea to me as the last fragile boundaries between us blew away like smoke.

She threw her leg over me and levered herself up to straddle me. She arched forward and kissed me, then my cheeks, then, hesitantly, my throat. I moaned. I felt her fingers slide up along my ribs to my breasts. I fumbled for her hands, guided them, showed her how to tease me. She was a quick study. Her kisses were delicious and insistent. My need was almost unbearable. But we needed... we shouldn't...

"Slow... slower," I begged, when I could. "Slow down. Slow down, you're... I'm..."

"No," she moaned. "I've waited so long for you. I thought I would never have you and then, just when I was about to give up hope, you came back to me. I'm not waiting any longer. I need you. I crave you."

She sat upright, and shifted. I felt the fabric of her nightie brush along me as she pulled it up and off her. She slumped forward again, and this time I felt the warmth of her breasts against mine. I let out a long, shivery groan. I pulled her to me once more, legs shuddering and spasming as she clenched her fingers on my aching nipples.

"Show me how to make love to you," she begged. "Show me how to be what you want. Teach me how to do this. I want to be what you want..."

"You are," I moaned. "You always were. Oh god, oh god, just, just touch me the way you are. Kiss... mm... oh God... kiss me the way... you are... you're perfect... I love you... I love you," I cried out, and she shuddered her echo into my neck.

I felt her fumbling at me, and I wailed a thin, reedy "yes" as she managed to get her hand under my leggings, down to me. I dug my nails into her back as she found me. She cried out, leaned into our kiss, then shifted off me so she could lie down beside me, and clumsily tease my aching lips open. I was soaked, and she let out another low breathy moan of need as she found my entrance.

"Lea, Lea, please, please, please," I begged, writhing against her. "Put your fingers in me, please, please, put them in me... like... like this..."

I fumbled down, found her hand, took her, drove her into me, crying out as my body clenched down on her. I found my clit, started to furiously stroke myself as she pushed her fingers deeper into me, panting into my neck, biting down on my ear, grinding her belly against my hip as she took me.

It felt like mere seconds. Her fingers were perfect in me, perfect, and I could feel my orgasm building. "Lea," I gasped. "Lea, I'm going to come. I'm going to come. I'm going to... I'm...", and then my body began to shake as she broke me. I arched upwards, back locking, and she clawed in against me as I began to convulse against her, gasping wordlessly, shaking uncontrollably, totally and utterly hers.

She held me tight to her, her fingers still sunk in me, letting me ease down, letting me come back to her. And then she just rolled in against me and rested her head on my shoulder, just being there with me, breathing, as I tried to remember how to speak. I shuddered, gasped as she slowly eased her fingers out of me, my thighs clamping down on her hand. She kissed my neck, and I shuddered again.

"I have been waiting a long time for that," she groaned. "To have you as my own."

I wormed my arm in under her and pulled her against me; she rolled part on top of me, resting against me, her slick and sticky hand resting between my breasts. I could smell myself on her, a dark, pungent scent mingling with hers, and my body spasmed again.

"Rosie?" she breathed.

"Still... God... can't..."

She laughed softly in her throat. "So that was nice, was it?"

"So... nice. Oh... oh my God... needed that..."

"I'm glad. Consider it a little bit to even things."

"No," I whispered. "No. I won't. I won't let you... use yourself for me... in any way or form. Never."

I fumbled for her, pulled her up to me, kissed her hard, then broke for air. She sighed and tucked her face in against me.

"We've wasted so many years, you and I" she whispered.

"I know. But you're here... now, and I'm here now. And... I'll never let you leave me again."

"Then make me yours," she breathed.

"Are you sure? Are you sure you want this? There's... there's no going back. If you... if you let me do this with you, I will..."

"You will... what."

"There will never be anyone else. If you were ever to... to leave... that... that would be it for me."

"Rosie," she sighed. "How could I ever, willingly, leave you? I want to be yours. I want every part of me to be yours. Yours and yours alone. You... you complete me. So. Come here. Come here and kiss..."

And I silenced the rest of her words with my lips, and held her to me as her entire body shuddered.

I gently pushed her down onto the bed. I kissed her cheek, her throat, down over her shoulders, down over her small, firm breasts and the hard nubs of her nipples.

"Rosie... what..."

Down over her ribs, down over her quivering stomach.

She moaned, long and low as my lips traversed her belly. She shifted her leg, opening herself as I nibbled, teased lower, down, past her bellybutton, then lower, slower, over the downy fuzz of her mons. She shuddered once, shifted her bum to the middle of the bed, and cried out, writhing as I reached her sex.

"Rose," she begged, "what are... what are you..."

"Making love to you," I whispered. "I am going to take you. I'm going to tongue you until you scream. I'm going to make you forget your own name."

And then I touched the tip of my tongue to her, and she made a noise I'd never heard before, a low, primal grunt of need. Her thighs quivered as I touched her, she clawed at her belly, then at her breasts, shivering as I teased my fingertip along her.

"Lea?"

"Uh huhn"

"Tell me to stop if you need me to."

"No. No. No. Don't. Please. No. Don't stop. Please."

"Ok."

And then she let out a long, glorious, raspy alto moan as I penetrated her.

I slowly began to lick her, teasing the tip of my tongue around the base of her clit. She tasted delicious; her skin was wonderfully smooth, her vagina so tight and hot on me. Her thighs clamped rhythmically on my cheeks, squeezing me in time with the slow torturous strokes of my tongue. I could hear her panting, smell her sweat, and my own pulse was loud in my veins.

I wanted her to scream. I wanted to blow her mind, show her with my body how much I loved her, how much I needed her, how much having her back meant to me.

Her muscles clamped on me, and she groaned. Her panting gasps for breath were faint, high-pitched and desperate. She'd angled her hips, opening herself more to me. I could feel the way her belly was spasming, the way every muscle that I could feel was tensing slightly more every second that I licked her.

"Rosie," she managed. "Rosie. Don't. Don't stop. Please. Oh please. Oh please. Oh... Oh..."

She stopped writhing. I felt her thighs tense. I pushed two fingers deep into her, and she convulsed up off the bed. I felt her hands scrabbling at me, and she gave a grunting gasp, shuddering hard against me. She fell backwards, and let out a deep, long, guttural moan that made my toes curl in sympathetic pleasure.

And then she just lay there, gasping every couple of seconds, boneless as a puppet cut free from the puppeteer's hand.

I teased her just a little longer, then eased out of her so that I could slowly slip my body up along her sweat-slicked chest and kiss her again.

.:.

"Rosie?" she whispered, some unknowable amount of time later.

"Yes."

"That thing you did."

"What thing."

"With your fingers. And your... tongue."

"Uh huh."

"It was very nice."

I laughed softly, and after a moment, so did she.

She shifted in my arms, pushed her leg gently against me.

"You realise there's going to be a lot of smugness at the club. My reputation will be ruined."

"Scared they'll all find out you're actually a complete softie?"

"I've spent years cultivating my image as a Valkyrie. You've undone it in one day."

"So sad," she whispered. I could hear the mischievous smile in her voice. She shifted, stretched her arm further over me, then settled in against me with a sigh. "We might as well change that room back to a study."

"And get a bigger bed."

"Yes. You smell so good. And feel so amazing. I don't want to sleep apart from you."

"We'll have to tell our parents at some point, you know."

"Some point. Not now. Lets just... have some time for ourselves, first. To learn... us."

"Ok."

"I love how you just... get me."

I kissed her brow, and smiled as I felt her sigh.

"What time is it, do you think?" she breathed.

"Early."

"Morning?"

"Not just yet."

"Good. Means I get longer with you before you have to leave."

"I'm tempted to call in sick. Spend the day like this with you. Move only to eat."

She laughed. "There'll be plenty of time for that later. I'll make sure I'm posed somewhere... nice... for you when you get home."

I pulled her tighter to me, savouring the little breathy squeak she let out.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"For what?"

"For coming back."

"Like I had a choice. The girl I love asked me to come to her."

I took a shuddering breath as the emotion surged up in me.

"Rosie?" she breathed. "What's wrong, honey?"

"Just..." I whispered.

"Shh. It's ok. I... I know. I know."

"Sorry," I breathed, as I wiped my eyes. "Being all stupid and stuff."

"You can be stupid with me."

"You make me stupid," I whispered, and she laughed softly once more.

I gently began to run my fingers through her hair, and she made a soft happy noise against me. "You melt me," she murmured. "Always have done."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you from everything."

"It just makes this all the sweeter."

She yawned, and shifted slightly against me.

I cradled her to me as she slowly fell asleep in my arms, and then I just lay there, bearing mute witness as the slow pre-dawn light transmuted her shadows to colours and made her real.

.:.

Slowly the days became weeks. Lea lost the hunted look behind her eyes as the fear of the other shoe dropping slowly left her. I managed her ruthlessly at times, never letting her question herself, never letting her doubt her central place in my existence. I hugged her as much as I could, kissed her as often as she'd let me and, yes, made her scream my name whenever she wanted me.

Which was often.

And even as I worked so hard to heal her, I discovered that she was working her own magic on me.

My anger faded, flickered out and, finally, died. I smiled, often and without reason. She straddled my lap one evening and painted my nails for me, and despite my protests I had to confess that I liked the pampering and the ridiculous colours she'd chosen for me.

She threw herself into cookery, and every night became a competition for her to try to outdo herself on our initially shoestring budget.

She put on weight. Not much, but enough, and I loved the way she began to curve again, the way I could feel her give when I held her.

I'd lean against the bathroom door, watching her as she showered, loving the flush that never failed to take root, the blush she never totally lost no matter how intimate we were. Her ribs still showed, but now they were punctuation rather than plot, and the dark hollows under her eyes had almost been chased away.

I spent fewer evenings at the clubhouse, and began to spend at least two weekday evenings a week on her alone. We'd go for walks, explore our immediate area, meander through the smaller lanes as the leaves began to change.

She taught me what it felt like to be held, and to be loved - unconditionally and without restraint.

I learned that she loved to have the small of her back kissed, and that she'd go to the extreme of hiding the last block of a bar of chocolate so she could, laughing, share it with me later.

She learned that she could render me insensible by sneaking up behind me and kissing me on the curve where my neck and shoulder met.

I discovered, quite by accident, that champagne turned her libido up to eleven.

She discovered that she could get whatever she wanted from me with her smile alone.

I discovered that she had a love of North African spices, and that lamb and apricot tagine was her idea of heaven.

And she discovered how much I loved showering with her.

I had never been happier.

I gave my boss my frank opinion about the state of our website and press releases, and showed him some sample rewrites I'd bullied her into providing. I lied through my teeth about her experience, and she was on a part-time contract with us within a week. He must have mentioned her to his network, because within a month she had more work than she knew what to do with.

She cried herself to a standstill when she saw her first actual salary come in.

We used some of it to buy her a proper chair and a reasonable laptop, and a month later she was able to add a high quality pedestal monitor and ergonomic keyboard and trackball.

The recovery of her independence was the final missing piece she'd needed.

She'd walk up behind me whenever she could and hug me as hard as she could, never saying anything, just placing her cool cheek to the nape of my neck, her cat-like thank you that I never grew tired of.

And while she'd sometimes talk about teaching music, she never took that step.

So I started finding tickets to orchestral performances in the area, and once a month I'd treat her to an evening out. I'd inflict a dress on myself, and makeup, and let her do something with my hair, and I'd sit there beside her, quietly admiring her as the music transported her to some far off space that only she could see.

It was the seventh of December when I took a day off work without telling her, and made my way to St Albans to pick up the ring I'd commissioned. The jeweller, a lovely old man, took great pleasure in displaying it to me and showing me the quality of the central garnet I'd wanted in the setting.

"Why a Garnet?" he'd asked. "Actually, wait. I know this. Persephone, am I right?"

"Yeah," I'd confessed, flushing, loving the dry chuckle he'd given in reply.

"It's a beautiful stone. She's a lucky girl," he'd said, as he gently put the ring back in its bag.

"No. I'm the lucky one. She has to settle for me."

.:.

But then came the mental block.

I wanted the moment to be special.

But I had no idea how to make it so.

And she, in her magical way, showed me.

.:.

"Rose?" she said softly, one morning, as we lay in our pre-awake state.

"Mm?"

"I was thinking."

"Oh no..."

"Shush. I'll bite you."

"What were you thinking?"

"Do you think we'd be able to go on a city break somewhere? I've... I've never been anywhere."

"Where?"

"Um... it's... it's my dream to see Marrakesh. It has been for years. Would it be... safe, for us, do you think?"

I rolled onto my side. Her face was a study in hope, but I could see that she had steeled herself to expect a gentle no.

"We'll look. And if it's safe I'd love to go."

"Really?" she breathed, radiant.

"Yes. Of course we will. I've never been and I'd love to go with you."

"Thank you," she whispered. She crawled in close and sighed.

I, meanwhile, lay there, the Eureka moment echoing in my mind.