Once Upon a Fantasy Ch. 09-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I watched her interact with our employees and I was happy that she was at ease with them and that they were welcoming to her. I took care to mention that her main role would be outside sales and thus not in competition with our inside sales staff. Tomorrow I would be going through the same procedure with Jim Styles, although I would skip the vacuum and sewing machine segment this week.

I watched and listened carefully for any feedback from the staff about either of my two new hires. I got some predictable comments about Kim from a couple of the guys but nothing out of line. Jim was immediately likeable and would be an easy fit. By Friday I was convinced I had made two good people decisions. It allowed me to slip away early Friday afternoon to make a couple of special purchases.

I went to the Bar X outfitters shop and looked for a pair of cowboy boots. I hadn't owned any since I was a kid, so I needed to get properly fitted if I was going to try and dance in them. I chose a pair of mahogany brown boots with tan stitching and a stirrup heel. I needed a little wider fit than most and it took a while to find a pair that were comfortable.

Next came a pair of snug, boot-cut jeans. I felt a lot better about my newly restored body now that I wasn't afraid of a gut-over-belt look. I suppose I could have bought a cheaper pair at Walmart or the Work Warehouse, but since I was already there and it would be one-stop-shopping, I splurged. Add a fancy wide belt with a shiny buckle and I was set. I cringed when I saw the bill but manned up and put it on the credit card.

I passed on one of those pearl-buttoned western shirts. I had a navy blue button down shirt in my closet that would go perfectly with this outfit. A brown leather jacket for the cooler fall weather finished the ensemble. I wouldn't have dreamed I'd dress like this for anyone but Kim. She mentioned the cowboy boots and that was enough to send me off in this direction. I was hoping I hadn't overdone it and looked foolish.

Chapter 10 Steppin' Out

On Saturday afternoon, I showered and changed into my new clothes as soon as I had finished some chores. I had an hour before picking up Kim at her house. I'd be giving Candy a ride over there for her overnighter with Deb. I was sure Kim would have a small overnight bag herself. The idea that we would be spending the night together didn't seem to produce any surprise or teasing from Candy. I think they were settling into the idea that Kim and I were serious about each other and it was a natural thing to do.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I was happy that I didn't look ridiculous. It was western style but not so much that it would be out of place in our small town. The belt buckle looked good, surprisingly. I was ready to go and headed downstairs to get Candy.

"Oh, wow! Dad, you look so cooool!" she said in surprise as she saw me.

"Thanks. We're going to Rider's Reach tonight. I thought I had better look the part."

"You look great. Very handsome ... and boots too. Kim's going to be impressed for sure."

I ushered her out the door and we drove to the Penny home with Candy chatting along the way. I wasn't as nervous as I had been the previous Saturday but I wasn't completely at ease either. When we arrived I let Candy go first. You know she's a regular visitor when she rings the door chime then proceeds to walk in. The door had been left unlocked for her.

Kim was ready and waiting as we entered. She looked like she just stepped out of a magazine ad. Her swept-back blonde hair shimmered in the light and her beautiful blue eyes sparkled. She was wearing an embroidered white blouse that fitted her to perfection and it was exactly the right style for a western-themed evening. As requested, the jeans couldn't have been fitted any more snugly. They flared slightly below the knee to allow room for her tan colored boots. The tan belt at her waist was slim and the color matched her boots. She looked amazing.

"You outdid yourself tonight," I said shaking my head. "I'm going out with a movie star."

She laughed lightly before approaching me a giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it. You look terrific too. I like the belt buckle."

We said goodnight to the girls after taking some good natured ribbing about when to meet them tomorrow. We decided they could get their own breakfast and we would see them sometime after eleven if they didn't have somewhere to go. Deb had Kim's car, so they weren't stuck at the house. After the usual admonitions about behaving themselves and driving carefully, we left for the restaurant.

"These last three weeks have been something to remember," Kim said as we rode along the twenty minute drive to the restaurant.

"Yes, I think so too. But tell me how you see it."

She looked over to me and put her hand on my thigh.

"I met a very fine man just when I least expected to. After all the jerks and losers that I'd been out with in the last two years, I wasn't quite ready for a handsome gentleman to sweep me off my feet."

"That makes us even. I didn't expect an exceptionally beautiful woman to be interested in me, much less have a relationship develop in such a short time."

"You underestimate yourself. I wasn't looking for a stud. I was looking for a man. A guy who was happy with himself and not out to prove anything to anyone. It's hard to believe that you were so close to home all this time. You'd think with how tight Deb and Candy are that we'd have met sooner."

"Maybe not. I left a lot of that to Andrea while I worked. My main involvement with Brandon and Candy was when our son was in sports and Candy was a cheerleader. I tried to be at every game."

"Deb didn't make it as a cheerleader but that didn't faze Candy. She was still her best friend and wouldn't abandon her."

"That sounds like Candy. Even when she didn't make cheerleader that first year she was at every one of Brandon's games, cheering him on."

"You must be very proud of her and you have to take some of the credit for raising a fine young woman."

"I was going to say the same thing about Deb. You've had three years on your own while I've only had a few months. I think you've done really well, especially considering their age. I don't think we're out of the woods yet, though. I know they've discovered boys, but I just don't know to what extent."

"Would you be upset if they weren't virgins any more?"

"I don't know. I would probably be disappointed, but I guess that's just the father in me. We all want our daughters to be pure and perfect."

"I remember my teenage years. I was a real hell-raiser. By the time I was Deb's age I'd had a number of ... experiences."

"I was a little later than you," I confessed. "I waited until I was away from home at college and then cut loose. I had some growing up to do. When I met Andrea, she was fresh out of high school and I was a new graduate from college. I think she was impressed that an 'older man' was interested in her."

"How long after you met her did you marry?"

"Almost two years. I had to get established in my job and put some money away. Andrea was working at the same store so we saw plenty of each other during the week."

"I wasn't unhappy when I found out I was pregnant with Deb," Kim explained. "Tom already had a good job, so it wasn't like we would be strapped for money. The problem was, I wasn't sure if I loved him or not. He was a nice guy and good to me but I still wasn't sure."

"Looking back now, how do you feel?" I asked.

"He was a pretty good husband and father. I could rely on him. I guess I was looking for a fairy-tale romance. It just wasn't there for me."

"Regrets?"

"No. I had Deb and she gave me a reason to be happy."

"I was in love with Andrea. I was sure of that and I was sure of her. Why it didn't stay that way I'll probably never know. I can't think of any reason that would cause her to fall out of love with me unless she was never there in the first place. If that was the case, then she sure fooled me."

"Don't dwell on it, Norm. It's over with and you're moving on. I like where we are going and I hope you do too."

I turned to her as I parked the car in the restaurant parking lot.

"I'm still in shock that it's happened, Kim, but I couldn't be happier ... if that's what you're wondering."

She leaned over and kissed me.

"I'm happy if you're happy."

We left the restaurant just after nine o'clock and drove the ten minutes back toward Rider's Reach. The parking lot was almost full when we got there and I could hear the band and a lot of noise before we even entered the building. I hadn't been here before and didn't know what expect.

"If it gets too loud for you let me know. We can always go and find somewhere quieter," I told her as we were about to enter.

"I think tonight is going to be a fun night, Norm. Let's just go with it and see what happens."

The noise accompanying the band was the sound of dozens of pairs of boots hitting the hardwood floor in rhythm with the music. Unlike the intimate lounge we were in a week earlier, far more people were up on the floor dancing than sitting around at the tables. The sound of the band and the obvious fun the people were having was contagious. We found a long table that we could share with two other couples and asked to join them.

We introduced ourselves and I found that both couples had frequented our store and were complimentary about their experience. That put me in a good frame of mind right away.

The standard dance appeared to be the two-step and I asked Kim if she'd like to join me. She was a little hesitant until I showed her how simple the steps were. In no time at all we were confidently moving around the floor in unison with the many other pairs. It was like some kind of circular parade, with couples moving at the same pace in the same direction. We nodded to a few familiar faces as we kept time.

I had almost no experience with line dancing and Kim had none at all. We sat out the first two numbers to watch and see if we could pick up the steps. It didn't look too complicated. Our table partners encouraged us to give it a try and we joined them on the floor. With a little help we didn't embarrass ourselves too much and in fact, had a lot of fun trying.

It was a completely different experience from the previous Saturday. The room was brightly lit, the band was upbeat without being too loud, the people were in a uniformly good mood, beer and wine seemed to be the main drinks served, and any thought of intimacy in this environment was a non-starter. It didn't matter. I could tell from Kim's expression that she was having a good time and that's all that mattered to me. In fact, I was having a good time myself.

We said goodnight to our new friends and headed out the door just before eleven-thirty. We were danced-out, if that's a phrase. I hadn't had more than one beer per hour and I was fine to drive. I was a little sweaty from the more active dancing we had been indulging ourselves in. It was nice to step out into the cool of the evening and get some fresh air.

We didn't have much to say to each other on the way to my house, but we were holding hands and I didn't detect any tension in Kim at all.

"I had fun," I said as we rode along. "I hope you did too."

"Yes. It was very different. Everyone was in a good mood and it was lively. I thought the band played a nice mix of music."

"We'll have to try something different next Saturday," I suggested.

"We don't have to go dancing, Norm."

"Let me give it some thought and we'll discuss it during the week. I was thinking live theatre."

"Oh ... I'd like that. I've only been a couple of times and I really enjoyed it."

"Good. I'll see what's on and we can decide."

It was that easy. We hadn't even finished this night and we were planning our next date.

When we arrived at my home, I escorted her inside.

"Care for a glass of wine? I think I'm going to have a shower after all that work we did tonight."

"Mind if I join you?" she asked with a sneaky smile.

"Not at all. There's plenty of room."

I guided her to the bedroom and turned on the light.

"Let me help you with your boots," I volunteered. "Sit on the bed and I'll pull them off."

She did and I took one leg and pulled off the first boot. It wasn't that hard but I enjoyed the contact. I followed with the other before making another observation.

"The way your jeans fit, you'll probably want my help with them too."

She giggled and undid the button and pulled down the zipper. This took a little more effort but she helped by holding herself off the bed as I tugged at the legs. She flopped back, her fingers undoing the buttons on her blouse, all the time watching me. She had to prop herself up to remove the blouse revealing a pale blue semi-transparent bra that matched her bikini panties. As always, she looked sexy as hell.

"Your turn now," she said jumping up and pushing me back on the bed.

We went through the same routine as she undressed me, my jeans not providing the resistance that hers did. My navy blue jockey shorts showed a distinct bulge however.

"Oh ... is this for me?" she asked with a little chuckle as she fished inside the waistband for my growing erection.

The underwear was gone in a single swipe as she took my cock in her hand and began to examine it. I had a pretty good idea what she was planning as she licked her lips and gave me another of her sneaky smiles.

"Shouldn't we have our shower first?" I suggested.

"Spoil sport," she said, feigning irritation.

She gave the underside of my fully erect member a long, lingering lick, setting off a wave of erotic sensations in my body as well as a protracted groan. It had been a long time since I'd had oral sex performed on me and frankly, Andrea wasn't very good at it since she didn't really enjoy it.

"Careful girl. I've been saving up for a week. It won't take much."

"I've been going without for a week too, Norman. This time it's my turn."

There are blow jobs and there are blow jobs. I'd had plenty of experience with them when I was a college scoundrel with the co-eds. But what Kim was doing was a whole different matter. She was using her tongue and lips to make love to my cock. It was so intense that I knew there was no way I would or could stop her. I just let it happen.

"I'm coming, Kim," I called in a strangled voice of warning.

She didn't flinch or even slow down. When I let go she simply took it all and, for the first time in my experience, swallowed. She finished her attention to me with licking up the length of my now dwindling erection and then as a finishing touch, kissed it.

"That was incredible," I managed.

"Glad you liked it. I haven't done that in a very long time."

"Time to return the favor?" I asked.

"Let's get that shower first. Give yourself a little time to recover."

"Good idea. We old guys need a little extra rest."

"I have a feeling it won't be that long," she grinned.

My shower enclosure wasn't quite a large as hers but it was adequate for the two of us if we didn't get too active. There was no rush and we carefully washed each other, paying special attention to some parts more than others. When we were done I handed Kim a big, fluffy towel off the towel heater, and then took one for me. With a little help from each other we dried ourselves before returning to the bedroom.

I turned down the lighting to a single night table lamp sitting on the floor beside the night table. I draped my shirt over it to cut the light down even further, giving the room a very minimal amount. We could still see, but it set the mood for the rest of our lovemaking.

I wanted to go slow and make love to every inch of her glorious body. I missed that opportunity the first time when Kim was so insistent that I forget foreplay and get right to the main event. This time she was much more relaxed and willing to allow me to attend to her. I began with her breasts and worked my way down to her navel, then her lightly haired mons before reaching my destination.

I didn't extract much reaction from her until I began to pay homage to her pussy. At first it was some movement in her hips as my tongue began stroking her labia, now and then pushing in between them. I took my time before seeking out her clit and when I did, I got a more abrupt reaction.

"Oh ... oh," she gasped as her hips rose once more. Her hands were now on the back of my head and holding me as if she wanted to insure I wouldn't stop what I was doing. I stayed with it and used her actions to guide mine. I didn't dwell on her clit but returned to it regularly. That was met with groans of approval and more movement of her hips trying to assert herself into me.

My erection had returned and I was ready to complete our union now. I kissed my way back up her body, dwelling once more on her breasts before I was eye-to-eye again. She put her hands on my head once more and brought me to her lips for a long, passionate kiss. As she did, my erection was now rubbing against her labia and she soon used her hand to guide me to its destination.

This time there was no frantic orgasmic joining of bodies. This time it was slower and if anything, more passionate. Kim's eyes were open and, if there was such a thing, smiling. Our earlier oral sex had prepared us for this much more languid union that continued for some time. We both knew instinctively as it neared its end. Her climax was more subtle and enduring but I knew she had reached her goal and I followed her a matter of seconds later.

We lay in each other's arms silently for some time, both of us awake. It was Kim who broke the quiet.

"I brought something for you to see tonight," she said.

She slipped off the bed and moved to her overnight bag. She extracted a large manila envelope and passed it to me. Inside was a photograph and I pulled it out to view it.

"That's me four years ago, before Tom was killed."

It was a group picture and when I spotted Kim I was shocked.

"Is that you?"

"Yes. That's me in all my glory. I won't tell you how much I weighed, but it was a lot more than today."

"My god, Kim, you've remade yourself. How did that happen?"

"When Tom was killed I was really depressed. I was a thirty-six year old big fat slob. Tom used to call me 'Big Momma', even around my friends. I had a long time ahead of me without a man if I didn't do something to make myself more presentable. I had let myself get that way over the years and I didn't do anything about it."

"Whatever you decided it worked," I said.

"It's been three years of dedicated effort and I'm still not sure I'm who I want to be. I almost quit a hundred times, especially in the beginning. It was hard work and it was painful. I'm glad I stayed with it now."

"I'm glad you did too. I remember when I started working out. I was so happy when I could ramp up my effort to a new level and sustain it. It told me I was making progress. But I also remember the pains, particularly in my knee. I needed a couple of ibuprofen to get through each session. It took months before I could do without them. The when my weight loss plateaued, I got frustrated all over again.

"I'll tell you something else, Kim. In this past week I've been working harder. You inspired me as I watched you go through your routine. You work hard and I wanted to work just as hard."

"Funny you should mention that. I've been working harder too. I guess we were both trying to do the same thing."

"You see that picture on the wall?" I asked, pointing at a family portrait. "That was taken two Christmases ago. I was holding my breath for all it was worth to try and hide those forty extra pounds I was packing. I don't have to do that any more. I feel good about that."