One Night Stand Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He removed his arm from hers and smiled tightly before walking off, leaving a gaping Therese staring at his departing back.

***

'Do you want to talk about it?' Jemima asked quietly.

Ada shook her head stiffly, 'No I'd rather not, Jems. Not now. But I promise to talk later...just not now.'

Jemima nodded. Then she added, 'Can I just ask is he the...?'

'Yes.' Ada said firmly. And in a final tone.

Jemima nodded again then gave her a quick squeeze as the cab came to a stop in front of Ada's building.

'Well...I had fun and I guess I'll see you later.' Ada said, giving her a quick kiss on her cheek.

Jemima nodded and hugged her tightly before letting her go.

Ada searched her purse for her keys and opened it wearily.

Holly was lying on the sofa asleep. Ada looked at the clock and saw that it was 1:30 a.m.

Poor Holly.

Ada tried to drop her keys in its bowl quietly, but she was not quiet enough.

Holly woke up with a start and said immediately, 'How was it? Had any fun?'

Ada smiled gently, 'Yeah. It was...interesting. And how's...?'

'Perfect. Amazing, actually.' Holly smiled beatifically.

Ada nodded and said, 'You okay here? I think I'm gonna sleep in the other room so you can sleep in mine.'

Holly asked worriedly, 'Are you sure? I mean, I don't wanna trouble you...'

'Don't be silly, Holly. Of course I'm sure. Go on, you deserve it. And I'll drop you off at school too with our 'letter' for being late.'

Holly's grin turned gleeful, 'Oooooh yeahhh!' With that she got up and walked away from the living room straight to Ada's.

Ada rubbed her eyes wearily. She was definitely drained from the night.

From Tarquin and Therese.

She shook her head to get the thoughts out of her head and walked to the other room.

She thought for a second about washing her face then discarded the idea. She was too tired, plus she barely used any make-up apart from the red lipstick and she had practically bitten all that off.

She opened the door quietly and dropped her stuff on the floor by the door. Then she opened the wardrobe using the light that had been switched on by the bedside to see into the wardrobe. She got out a scarf to wrap her hair then dragged on her large jumper that she always left there.

When she was suitably clad for bed, she walked to the bed and lay down curling herself round its contents.

'Mummy back?'

Ada nodded smiling at the sleepy bundle which wrapped herself happily round her mummy.

'And aunty Jam Jam?' She asked.

Ada laughed softly, 'Yes darling. And aunty Jam Jam. But aunty Jam Jam's gone home, hunnybun.'

'Mmm...missed mummy soooo much.' She opened her large beautiful eyes and blinked rapidly, trying to wake up fully.

'Missed you too, my darling Pandora. Now go back to bed and stop fighting the Sandman.'

'Sleeping here, mummy?' Pandora asked as she settled back down.

'Yes baby. Mummy's sleeping here. Now hush my darling and sleep.'

Ada kissed her brow softly and hummed a soft lullaby as Pandora drifted back to dreamland.

Ada's voice faded away as she said to herself, yes, it was best that Tarquin was engaged. That they were going to be separated now, forever. She kissed her closed eyes, smiling at her beautiful two year old daughter.

With her long unruly golden curls, her caramel skin and her beautiful blue eyes, she was the exact mixture of Ada and Tarquin.

Ada's full lips and Tarquin's amazing eyes.

Especially those eyes -- a constant reminder of that fateful night and Tarquin.

She sighed once more and closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep and knowing that it was going to be a very long night.

12