One Whore's Town Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Got somewhere I can sleep for a few hours?" Raven asked.

"You can sleep in our room," Betty said. "We're a little short on beds at the moment."

"I can help with that, I think. It's going to take a couple of days to get the two younger brothers off to Stingy Pussy, right?"

Betty nodded.

"Well, they can make themselves useful until then. I've got a kip nearby. Only used it a couple of times, but I can make the place liveable. Like I said, the boys were good in the bush. They can help me keep an eye on things out there and crash in my kip. That will free up the beds and keep your stableboy from suffocating them in their sleep."

Betty chuckled. "He might very well consider it. You'll keep the little one out of danger, right?"

"Soft-hearted," Raven playfully scoffed. She leaned in and lowered her voice to a whisper. "He's as sneaky as a plains cat out there in the grass. Doubt anybody but me could have spotted him and his brother, or snuck up on them. Think they'll help without much fuss. You've got them charmed with kindness as sure as the cunt had her pet thief charmed with her tits. He'll go along for their sake. Doubt any of them will be trouble, and they could actually prove useful."

"You know I trust you," Betty said.

Raven snorted. "You must, considering you're letting me next to the coin box."

"As if I could keep you out of it?"

The thief chuckled. "I'll do something about the shit locks on this place, too. There's a couple of tricks I can use that will make picking them a lot harder. For now, I need some fucking sleep."

Betty watched the thief go, and then sat down to return to planning. She needed to put together a list of supplies that Hoss could purchase without revealing he was with them.

****

It was a quiet morning after all the predawn excitement. The smell of Jan cooking lunch roused Raven. As soon as she and the three brothers had eaten, she herded them off to her hiding spot. The men of the area were obviously still spooked by the attacks on the road, leaving Betty and her girls idle. They spent the time chatting and mending seams on their clothing.

"Looks like a merchant with some guards comin' up," Hoss said.

Betty rose from her seat and looked out the window. She waved to her three girls, who quickly put aside their mending and followed her out the door. The guards looked quite pleased as the women filed out in front of the house. Betty glanced toward the stable and saw Pallah headed their way.

"Welcome," Betty said as the wagon rolled to a stop. "I'm Betty, and this is my place. If you're looking for a good time, Pallah here can put your wagon in the stable and take good care of your horses."

"Fine horses," Pallah said as he patted the snout of one of them.

Betty said, "He'll take care of the horses, and my girls will take really good care of you, honey."

The guards weren't wasting time. They were already making their way inside with the girl they'd chosen.

"You can wait for one of the girls if you want, but if you don't want to wait..." Betty said suggestively.

The merchant shook his head and held up his hand, which bore a wedding band. "I'll be waiting until I return home."

"Fair enough," Betty said. "Maybe I can help your bottom line instead. What are you selling? We're running more than a little low on things around here."

The merchant's face lit up at the prospect of a sale. "Might you be interested in some fine perfumes?"

"Maybe, for the right price."

He gestured toward the back of the wagon and was quick to hop down. "Please, allow me to show you what I have."

Betty followed the merchant to the rear of the wagon and her eyes immediately went wide. The space within was dominated by what she assumed were wooden bathing tubs. They were a far cry from the simple tub in the house, which was little more than an oversized half barrel. Each appeared long enough to recline in, should one bend their knees. The lip and some reinforcing strips of wood were even beautifully carved.

"I don't suppose you would be interested in the bathing vessels, would you?" the merchant asked.

"How in the hell do you empty them?" she asked. "They must weigh as much as a cow when they're full."

"There is a drain plug. One must prepare a place for them with a channel for draining."

"Don't see the like very often," Betty mused as she imagined relaxing in a steaming bath rather than squatting in lukewarm water that barely reached her shins.

"They have become quite popular in the capital."

"But you're heading away from the capital," Betty said, and then shrewdly added, "Market already dried up?"

The merchant hesitated, but after few moments, he sighed and said, "I'm afraid so."

It was an outrageous luxury, but Betty could barely contain the luxurious bathing fantasy flitting through her head. "Just a moment. I want to ask someone about something."

She hurried to the workshop, where she found Janus working on some sort of mold. "Can I ask you about something?"

"Ask away."

"It's out here."

Janus nodded, walked around his table, and followed her outside.

Once at the back of the wagon, Betty pointed at the tub and said, "They need a drainage channel. Do you think you could make one out of brick?"

Janus caressed his chin as he considered it. He then looked to the merchant standing nearby, gestured into the wagon, and asked, "May I?"

"Please, be my guest."

Janus climbed up into the wagon, eying the vessels and their plugs. He pulled a length of knotted cord from a pocket and took a few measurements as well. Finally, he turned toward Betty.

"It would barely fit in that little cubby. You'd have to climb out in the kitchen from one end. I think I could mold some bricks that would create a proper backsplash and channel to keep it from soaking the floor or undermining the walls, though."

She asked, "But would you mind?"

"To tell the truth, the challenge has my fingers itching to try," Janus said, and then chuckled.

"How much?" Betty asked the merchant.

What ensued was a negotiation where Betty had a distinct advantage, because she knew the merchant was likely stuck with the vessels. The price she paid was obviously well less than the tub's value, but still high. She had the coin, and the thought of stretching out in the tub was simply too enticing to resist. She helped salve the merchant's loss by purchasing two bottles of perfume and three finely woven bolts of cloth.

"You are a shrewd customer," the merchant said as he accepted the coin. "While I take a loss on the vessel, your purchase will at least make my trip somewhat profitable — even after paying for my guards' entertainment here."

"I might be able to help you out a little more," Betty said. "Any chance you'll be passing by Windsholme?"

"It is not on my route home, but not far out of the way," the merchant said.

"Drop by either the Kip or the Heaven at the edge of town. Tell anyone working there that Betty said you have something Alice will want to see. You're probably not going to make out any better on the second tub than you did on the first, but I'm willing to bet it will get it out of your wagon and put coin in your purse. Might be able to sell some more of the perfume as well."

"That would be a brief and worthwhile diversion."

Betty said, "If you can get someone to make something the same size, but not quite as fancy, you might be able to talk her into buying a few of them for the girls. Might open up a whole market for them. We're connected with brothels from here to past Fightershaven."

"That is certainly worth pondering."

"We can pass word and you can have them made to order, too. No taking a chance on hauling any home unsold."

The merchant's nose started twitching. Betty could almost see his racing thoughts as he considered the possibility of assured income.

"As long as you don't mind trading with whores," Betty said and laughed.

"I might not volunteer that information to my wife, but I don't find it all that troubling."

Betty laughed. "Meantime, let me go fetch Hoss to get this one out of your wagon."

Janus said, "I'll fetch him. We'll put it in the workshop for now, until I can puzzle out the drainage."

Betty took one last, wistful look at the tub and hoped he would figure it out quickly.

****

"Mack and Ghent are back," Hoss said from where he stood near the window. "Looks like they got promoted."

"What?" Betty asked, and then groaned as she pushed up from the couch. She blew out a long breath as she stood and said, "Jan, we may have to have someone else cook for a while, or we're all going to run to fat from too much good food."

Jan giggled and said, "Thank you Miss Betty."

Betty walked over to the window and saw her two men approaching at the head of a group of Corra's men, which included the General himself. She stepped outside to greet them.

The General asked, "Have you ever considered a change of career to spycraft? I must say that I've rarely received such detailed and immediately actionable intelligence in my entire career."

Betty chuckled. "Can't say that I have. Glad it was helpful. Caught a few of them?"

The general nodded. "Nearly twenty men in only a few hours and almost entirely bloodless. I would dare say we have broken the back of this particular tactic. The men were quick to bargain once captured, and have offered some rather enticing intelligence of their own."

"Good to hear."

"I have to wonder how you acquired the information. It seems too much to have gained from pillow talk in such a short period of time."

"Let's just say I managed to turn someone to my side," Betty said, keeping Shad's name out of her answer.

"Such a person might be able to provide additional details concerning what I've learned from the captives."

Betty bit her bottom lip and considered for a moment before answering. "I'm not completely sure what might be waiting for him if I reveal him, and I've made certain promises for his help."

"Such as not turning him over to me?"

"That's a big one," Betty answered.

"While I am inclined to forgive much for the intelligence I have already received, and more should the answers to my questions prove fruitful, I will defer to your discretion in the matter. Might I ask certain questions in writing, should your source still be in the area?"

"He is, and I don't think that would be a problem."

"Then I will see to it with all haste. It seems my countryman may have taken up residence within your rival's rather well-appointed home. If I can confirm that and convince a neutral third party to confirm it for themselves, it could prove rather calamitous for Roja's prospects in the region and rather embarrassing for his family."

"Shacking up with a whore will do that. I'll see what I can dig up about that myself, if you'd like?"

"By all means," The general said, and then dipped his head in a sort of brief bow. He then gestured to Mack and Ghent. "I have provided four cots, as I have several to spare. I have taken to commissioning beds from a local maker as rewards for exceptional service, and my men go out of their way to earn them."

"I can imagine. I could use a couple of real beds myself," Betty said.

"Your men indicated such. I will deliver the request along with one of my own. You can pay upon delivery. Or, should our arrangement continue to provide such delightful benefits, I may see fit to gift them to you."

Betty winked and said, "I'll have to see what I can do about making you really happy then."

The general laughed — a genuine, heartfelt laugh that belied his stiff and formal appearance. "If you will make up a list and provide the coin, I will see to it that my quartermaster fulfills any needs you have while you remain. He is to leave on the morrow for a supply run."

"It may take a while to put that list together," Betty said. "I'll have it well before morning, but what's the best way to get it to you?"

"I believe you will find ample couriers at hand. With the immediate threat ended, I have given my men leave to seek the comfort of your house once more. One in particular will be along as soon as I return. Private Carrasta arrived only yesterday and found himself facing the one man who refused to surrender without a fight. He displayed bravery and skill admirable for a green recruit, and I would see him properly rewarded for his service not only with the bed, but someone to share a bed."

"We can certainly see to that," Betty said with a smile.

"From the somewhat frightened look in his eyes when I suggested that part of his reward, I would surmise that he has not as yet known the touch of a woman."

"We'll break him in right and show him the ropes."

"I have little doubt of that," Corra said, and smiled as well. "That leaves one final matter, which may prove troublesome, considering your current lack of accommodations. Two women — sisters — arrived at the fort. They have fallen upon hard times and sought to barter their services for food and shelter."

Betty sighed and nodded. "Good for morale maybe, but not so good for keeping order."

"Well reasoned. I am loathe to leave them to their own devices."

"We'll figure something out," Betty said. "Send them along."

The General nodded. "I will see that you are informed of any developments regarding our mutual foes."

"And we'll keep you up to date with anything we learn, General."

"Farewell for now, then."

"Farewell, General," Betty said, and curtsied.

Mack and Ghent dismounted as the General rode away with his men. Ghent said, "They're just cots, but they're damn nice cots. The General takes good care of his men. Should even be able to hold up Hoss' big ass."

"Look who's talkin'" Hoss called from the doorway, and punctuated it with a booming laugh, which Ghent echoed. Mack added his own grunting laugh as well.

"Behave, boys. Mack, see if you can get some rest to take the night shift. Hoss, I'll get you a list and some coin, then you can ride into town, get supplies, and see if the Golden Cunt is all she's cracked up to be."

"You got it, Miss Betty," Hoss answered.

Mack nodded as he led his horse toward the stable.

"And I've got to figure out how in the fuck we're going to make this all work."

****

Betty had little difficulty picking out which of the two soldiers was Private Carrasta when they arrived. He looked as if he was about to come out of his saddle with nerves. Lana led him to her room to relieve him of his virginity, and the other soldier made a beeline for Lilly.

With that taken care of, Betty turned her attention to the two women who had climbed out of a wagon. They were both redheaded and pretty.

"I'm Miss Betty, and this is my place," she introduced herself. "Hear you've had some bad luck."

The older woman rolled her eyes and sighed. "That's putting it mildly. First my useless husband gets himself killed, and then the damn house burns down."

"Sorry for your loss," Betty said.

"Not much of a loss. He'd taken to drinking, which is probably why the idiot fell in front of a horse to get trampled in the first place. I do miss the house, though. Ginny, and this is my sister, Keri."

While Ginny certainly seemed to have the right temperament to make her life on her back, her sister didn't. The younger redhead looked shy and nervous to the point of going pale.

"I take it you know what kind of house this is?" Betty asked.

Ginny nodded. "I'd already taken to whoring to keep food on the table before the damn house burned down." She nudged her sister.

"I... I..." Keri stammered, barely making eye contact.

Betty reached out and stroked the younger woman's arm. "It's okay, sweetie. I can already tell you're not cut out for getting poked. We'll figure out some way for you to earn your keep."

Ginny blew out a sigh of relief. "Thank gods. She managed to give one guy a half-hearted jerk with her tits out, and he was happy enough with it, but she nearly puked on him while she was doing it."

Keri volunteered, "I can cook, and clean, and..."

Betty interrupted the younger redhead with a nod and a squeeze of her arm. "Well, we can certainly use another cook. Place is bursting at the seams with mouths to feed and Jan is the only one who is any good at it. Lots of sheets and cloths to wash out too. Come along and we'll get you two squared away."

Keri seemed eager — and relieved — to get to work, so Betty set her to washing sheets before leading Ginny to her room.

"You may have to share a bed with your sister to sleep for now," Betty said.

"Had to share one with her and my older brother when we were kids. We'll get by."

Betty ran through the terms, which Ginny seemed pleasantly surprised by. She was even more pleased with the potions and the ring — though she did gag upon downing the potions.

"You never get used to the taste, but they do the job," Betty said.

"This all seems too good to be true," Ginny said. "I'll be making what I was charging even after giving you your cut, and I get to keep extra?"

"A happy whore makes happy humpers. It's worked out pretty well for us. Talk to Lilly when you get a chance. She's just come on with us, she'll tell you I keep to my terms, so long as you keep to them. I run an honest house. You just weren't valuing what you've got highly enough. You're pretty, feisty, and that red hair will turn a man's head."

"And get his prick up."

Betty laughed. "I'll wrangle up something for you both to wear so you can have a bath and get your clothes washed. I'll give your sister a ring, too. Can't be too safe. Any chance you can sew?"

"A little. Keri is good at it, though. She made this," Ginny said while plucking at her dress.

Betty nodded in approval. "May put her to work making us some pretty things, then. She'll earn her keep without her legs in the air, so give her a little slack."

Betty knew she'd guessed correctly when Ginny sighed and nodded. "I guess I resented her a little because I was getting fucked to keep us both fed."

"Some girls just can't stomach it, no matter how bad things get. She can do her part with the talents she has. This place needs a couple of hands that aren't wrapped around dicks."

"I really appreciate it. We both do."

"I've been where you are. Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean. Get to know us, so if you ever need to talk, you'll have an ear."

"Thanks," Ginny said, seeming to relax and let go of a little of the bitterness that had welled up within her.

"I'll see about finding you something to wear."

By the time Betty had found some clothing and sent Ginny to the bath, her sister had finished with all the sheets, and done a marvelous job. They were fluttering in the breeze on the line with nary a bit of evidence of the cum stains that had once bespeckled them.

Betty heard the redhead's stomach rumble as she praised her for the work. "Hungry?"

Keri nodded.

"Jan, show Keri here around the kitchen and see what she can whip up for her and her sister. She's going to be giving you a break with the cooking now and again."

With everything sorted for the moment, Betty sat down to finish her list for the General's quartermaster. Not long after, she heard a roar and a squeal from Lilly's room. In due course, the soldier emerged on the Draxnian girl's arm. Lilly held onto his hand until their arms were fully extended and giggled before making her way to the outhouse in the back.

Betty stood with her list and pouch of coins. "This goes to your quartermaster."

The soldier nodded and deposited both in a pouch hanging from his hip. "Mind if I sit? I have to wait on greenie. Figured he'd cum in his pants as soon as he saw tits."

A surprisingly real sounding yelp emerged from Lana's room. "Please, sit. Sounds like he may be a while."