Only You Ch. 02

Story Info
Happy Birthday indeed...
8.6k words
4.77
78.2k
37

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/03/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,625 Followers

The sound of Super Mario blaring in his ear rustled Derek from his deep slumber.

With a loud groan he rolled onto his side, his blue eyes glaring at the clock. Ten o'clock was way too early for anyone to be awake.

Somewhere in the crevices of his mind, his brain registered the ringing of his cell phone. Not even bothering to look to see who it was he opened the phone and prepared himself to tell whoever it was to fuck off.

"Who the fuck..."

"You little shit. You've been in New York for a day and you haven't even bothered to contact us!"

The angry sentence died in his mouth as he registered the voice on the other end.

"Angie?"

"Yes? And I'll just sideswipe that whole cursing at me thing, seeing how it is ten in the morning."

Derek chuckled. "'Ello to you gorgeous."

"Don't try and sugar coat things. You did not tell me you were here. I am pissed at you."

"Don't say that. You know you could never be mad at me."

"True."

He smiled. "Damn, you still sound sexy."

"Damn straight. I'm a mom; I'm not dead."

"I gather from this ass-early phone call. I'm still running on England time, Hartley. Oh wait, Gavin now."

"Hey, I gotta get a hold of you somehow."

He laughed. "I knew it."

"Still a cocky little shit, I see."

"What can I say? It's a Ryan trait. And I'll have you know, I was going to call you. I was just waiting until he was out of the house. I know how steamy our conversations can get."

Angie laughed. "You are so bad." "Oh don't deny it. You know how it goes. I love it when you tell where you want me to put my mouth..."

"Derek!" Angie gasped in mock shock. "Connor says hi. You're on speakerphone."

"Hey Derek. Exactly where on my wife's body were you planning on putting your mouth?"

Derek coughed dramatically. "Hey Connor, you know I've been meaning to tell you how much I love how you don't hurt me."

The baritone laughter coming from the other end made everyone crack up. A faint cry in the background cut short the merriment.

"Oh, sounds like one of the twins is up" Angie remarked.

"Don't worry about it, hellcat. I'll take care of it." Derek could hear Connor yelling as he walked away from the phone. "Keep that conversation clean, Ryan!"

"I promise to behave myself, Gavin!" Derek chuckled. "How's the hottest Mama in NYC doing?"

Angie laughed. "I'm good. The twins are keeping me busy. It's a good thing my mom's helping out with stuff. How's the business?"

"Business is good. Touring season has arrived. I'm going to be in the States for the majority of the summer."

"Awesome. How long will you be in New York?"

"Two weeks. Then I hit California, Texas, and Florida."

"You should go see your brother."

Derek nodded, plopping down on the sofa in his room. "I plan to. I need to razz on him about this last film."

Angie laughed. "Aww, don't get on him too much. The critics' really liked it." Angie was referring to Dex's latest movie. He had taken a break from all his big budget productions to do an independent film as a favor to one of his friends.

The role was about a cop who goes undercover as a male prostitute to crack a Russian crime ring. A critical darling, the role boggled fans who weren't used to seeing Dex in such a vulnerable state. They were extremely concerned about the graphic sex scene between Dex and another male actor.

Derek applauded his brother for his daring acting choice. He had seen the movie twice and enjoyed it immensely. "Don't sweat it Ange. I thought it was really well done."

"So, how does it feel to be a little older?"

"God," he sighed. "Don't even remind me. Today is the big day. The big 2-4."

"Aww, look at my baby all grown up. You still doing the party thing tonight?" A soft gurgling sound stopped her sentence.

"Gavin, what is Maggie doing in here?"

Derek could hear Connor laugh. "She wasn't going back to sleep, so I said she could sleep with us."

"Dammit, Connor she's nearly two! She should be sleeping by herself. Liam is in the room with her!"

"But babe, look at this face. How can I say no to my baby girl, especially when she looks like her hot mom?"

Derek guffawed loudly. He could only imagine the look on Connor's face as he held up sweet baby Maggie as collateral.

He heard Angie sigh and knew she had given in. "Fine. But this is the last time. She's a big girl now. And I wished you would have asked me first. I wanted to do something before the kids woke up."

There was a pause.

"Oh," he heard Connor say. "OH!" he exclaimed, finally catching on. "To hell with sleeping with us, baby girl. You're gonna have to tough it out in your own bed. Daddy's about to get some!"

Derek laughed. "Nearly two years of marriage and you two are still crazy for each other."

Angie giggled. "Yeah, it's nice. I'd hate to rush you off the phone, but..."

"Nah, it's cool luv. I know you gotta take care of business."

"Yeah, you too. Have fun today. We'll see you tonight."

"Will do, Ange."

"Oh, and Derek...Carrie's going to probably figure out you're in town."

Derek sighed. "Yeah, I know. She called me last night. Everything's cool, don't worry."

"Okay then. I gotta go. Talk to you later, babycakes." The phone beeped.

Derek sighed. It was only half past ten; he didn't actually have to be up and about until 11:30. He was to meet Matt and Jake at noon to head to the convention center to set up their display for the expo at one.

"Well, since I'm up..." He rolled off the bed and walked groggily towards the shower.

********

"And I'll tell myself I'm over you 'cause I am the King of Wishful Thinking..." Tegan belted the song loudly.

Turning up the volume on the Go West album currently blaring on her record player, she stepped into a pair of black jeans. Huffing loudly, a stream of curses fell from her lips.

"Fuck, come on don't do this to me" she said while trying to move the denim over her too curvy hips. After a few grunts, she was finally able to pull them on. Now came the other task, something she lovingly referred to as the button and zip dance.

Tegan knew she looked like a fool, hopping around her tiny cluttered bedroom, knocking into stacks of records and CDs, trying in vain to button her pants. Throwing herself on her unmade bed, she sucked in her tummy and held her breath as the button finally connected with the hole.

Sighing in relief, she held the two sides and zipped up the pants.

Tegan's chest was still heaving when her phone chirped shrilly.

"Hey Drea," she breathed loudly.

"Mm-hmm," Drea said knowingly. "Did I interrupt something."

Tegan rolled over and off the bed. "No," she grunted as she stood up. "I just finished pouring myself into my pants."

Drea's high pitch laugh made Tegan smile. "Maybe you should get some new jeans, fat ass."

"Yeah, well maybe you should stop coloring your hair, Andrea Davenport."

"Touché. So, what are we doing today?"

She walked over to the small hamper and began rifling through the stacks of clean, folded t-shirts. Way to screw up your handiwork, she thought. "Uh...I don't know. I figure I'd stop off at Ducky's for a bit and check out the selection. After that I really didn't have anything planned."

Drea groaned. "T. You just went to Ducky's yesterday. I'm sure the music collection hasn't changed. Come and do something new with me. I'll bring Teddy."

Tegan was about to say no but stopped at the thought of Teddy, Drea's best friend and roommate. He was always good for a laugh. She sighed. "Alright, dude. I'll be over at your place in about another hour."

"Good. We have to wait on Teddy; you know how long he takes."

"Okay. I'll be there in a bit."

Hanging up, Tegan exclaimed a cry of victory when she found what she was looking for. She quickly put on the aqua blue t-shirt and stuffed her feet into her black and white polka dot slip-ons.

After putting on more eyeliner than was absolutely necessary for noontime, she grabbed her keys and wallet and headed for the door.

********

When she got to Drea and Teddy's loft apartment, the door was already unlocked. Tegan was almost hesitant to walk in. One never knew what to expect with Drea and Teddy. Aside from Porn and Chicken Thursdays the roomies also shared Strip Poker Sundays with a bunch of their other friends.

Tegan shook her head. Her friends lead much cooler, yet odd lives.

"T? Is that you?" Drea's voice called out to her from the kitchen area.

"Yeah. Where the hell is Teddy?"

Drea entered the large living room, plopping down on the couch and reaching for the remote.

Tegan sat in the bright red easy chair next to her. "So this is why I left my apartment? To come sit in yours and watch you eat Fruity Pebbles?"

Shooting Tegan a look, Drea shoved a large spoonful of cereal into her mouth and chewed slowly. "Listen, stop acting like you had something back-breakingly important to do." Her green eyes smiled devilishly. "Speaking of important, have you thought about Derek?"

"Derek who?" she replied, feigning a look of innocence.

"Oh don't give me that bullshit!" Drea said, tossing a lime green throw pillow at her. "I know you were thinking about him all last night. And once more this morning."

"Shut up!" Tegan threw the pillow back at her. "Are we really going to his birthday party tonight?"

"Why wouldn't we?"

Tegan shrugged. "I don't know. I just figured I'd chalk everything up to being a fluke, you know? Not get my hopes up just in case things don't work out."

Drea let out a long breath. "T, you have got to stop selling yourself so short. Who knows what can happen?"

"That's exactly my point, Drea. Who knows?"

"Tegan I think you're making way too much out of this. Just call him up later, and we'll go and have a good time. No muss, no fuss."

"You're right. I think I'm just insane."

Drea smiled. "Yeah, you gotta get out more."

"That is why we're going to have a day of awesome!" Tegan looked up to see Teddy saunter into the living room. He was a ridiculously attractive guy: Tall with muscles that rippled underneath smooth cocoa skin, close-cropped black hair, and warm brown eyes that were always smiling. When Drea introduced Tegan to Teddy nearly four years ago she had a major crush on him.

That was the same night she saw him making out with his then-boyfriend. It was a blow to her ego, but she eventually got over it. Teddy was just too good of a person to stay mad at.

"Teddy!"

"Hey T. How's my girl doing?

Tegan laughed. "Good. What are we doing today?"

Teddy shot Drea a sly look. "You didn't tell her?"

"I figured I'd leave it up to you."

"Tell me what?"

"Quiet you," Teddy said. "We're going on an odyssey of sight and sound."

"And surprise, apparently."

He held up a hand to silence her. "Talk not of foolish things, m'lady."

Tegan giggled. "Whatever." She eyed his outfit. "Well, you're dressed up." Teddy was an artist, and usually dressed in paint-splattered jeans and tank tops. But today, he was...clean. He was wearing a fresh pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt with a picture of a Hellboy comic on the front. "Why are you dressed up?"

He shrugged. "I told you, we're going someplace special. Drea, are you ready?"

"Yeah, just gotta put on my shoes." Jumping up, Drea shoved her feet into blue flip-flops. "Fuck, where are my keys?" She began moving her hips rapidly, listening for the jingle of keys in her short jean skirt.

Tegan and Teddy watched her and laughed. "Unless you plan on meeting some hot girl and end up at her place, I'd say you'll be fine if I have my keys."

Drea snickered. She reached between the couch cushions. "Found them!" she exclaimed, twirling the key ring around her finger.

"Okay, now that we've got everything can we please go?" Tegan asked.

"Alright, Miss 'I Didn't Even Want To Go In The First Place'. Calm yourself."

Tegan smiled as the walked out to the pull elevator, locking the door behind them.

"What can I say? You've intrigued me."

********

Derek was beaming. The expo was going so well. There were people from all over the world showcasing the best in gaming and comic books.

He was so proud of his business, which had grown from a little webpage into a very lucrative business.

With the help of Jake and Matt, the trio had started their own website, NerdsUnite!, more than six years ago. It started out as a place where they reviewed the latest in gaming and comic books, including movies and actors. Now it was a money-making venture that still promised the same witty repertoire and the company of nerds just like them.

They were previewing the website's new layout, which included a place for members to sign up and place bets on comic and movie memorabilia as well as set up profiles. Derek and his friends hoped to receive enough interest for the site to gain mainstream recognition.

He was sitting at the NerdsUnite! booth signing autographs and handing out free t-shirts when Matt eased himself into the chair beside him. Derek laughed at his appearance. When Derek had knocked on his hotel door earlier he had answered wearing nothing but shades and boxers and his normally gelled brown hair was flat against his scalp.

Now he was clothed, but he was still wearing the shades.

"Fuck off, Ryan" he moaned.

Derek continued to laugh. "That's what happens when you can't handle your alcohol, punk ass."

"Ugh." Matt cradled his head. "This is going to be a long three hours."

"Are you gonna be able to go out tonight?"

"Yeah, after the nap of Christ. What time are we heading out?"

"Around ten or so. Apparently my brother rented out a VIP room at this posh ass club downtown."

"Nice birthday present."

Derek nodded. "He's kind of awesome like that." His blue eyes scanned the room. "Where the hell is Jake?"

Matt laughed. "Over at the XBOX table trying to score a 360 from the hot rep."

"He's such a tool. If he's not looking for free shit, he's hitting on some chick."

"Same could be said for you, D."

"I pay for all my shit, fucker."

They both stopped talking to pose for a picture with a fan. Only after the guy left, did they start speaking again.

"I'm not talking about paying for things. I'm talking about hitting on chicks."

"What? I don't do that....okay even I can't say that with a straight face."

They both laughed.

"Yeah? Well what about that bird from last night? The 'not tubby DJ'."

"Tegan? What about her?"

Matt shot Derek a 'bitch please' look. "I know the Derek Ryan charms. Hell, I've fallen for the Derek Ryan charms. And you were layin' it on thick with her, mate. What, are you slumming it now?"

Derek tried to laugh off the dig about Tegan. "Slumming it? That girl is really chill. And no, I wasn't flirting I was just being nice. You should try it sometime. You're starting to sound like Jake."

Matt held up his hand. "I'm not trying to get into an argument, D. Mostly because my head is fucking pounding. But just remember: I know you man."

He shrugged. "Whatever. But I invited her tonight to my party. Shut up!" he added, when he saw the look Matt was giving him. "I can see your disapproval even through your sunglasses."

"Disapproval my arse. I'm just going to sit in the background and watch the proverbial poo hit the fan." He pointed to Derek's cell phone which was vibrating on the table. "You're being paged."

Opening his phone, he saw a text message from a number he didn't recognize.

"Hey, it's Tegan. Just wanted to know if things are still on tonight. Let me know the place and style."

"It's from Tegan," he said.

"Mmm-hmm, it starts" Matt said, shaking his head. "I wonder what will happen with Tegan and that other chick you hooked up with in the same room."

Derek stopped. He hadn't thought about Carrie being there. Suddenly this night was going to get more interesting. Carrie was never one to hold her words.

"Nothing is going to happen Matt," he said with more confidence than he felt. "I'm going to text her back."

"Yeah, I'm definitely taking a nap when we get back," Matt said, a grin on his face. "Tonight's going be awesome."

********

"T! Get your booty out here!" Drea called to her.

Tegan huffed loudly. "I so did not sign up for this shit, you two!" she hissed.

Teddy scoffed. "You think we were going to let you go anywhere in those rags you call clothes?"

"But who said that tonight is a dress-up type thing?" she called from the curtain.

"That's what sending him the text message was for. In the meantime, you can still at least pretend to be a girl and dress up." Drea sipped her orange cream smoothie and smirked.

Tegan groaned. She knew 'an odyssey of sight and sound' would turn into a "What Not To Wear" session with Drea and Teddy.

"If you don't come out in the next 2 seconds, I'm going to reach in and pull you out," Drea warned.

"Okay, okay here I come." Tegan pulled back the curtain and stepped gingerly out to face her friends.

They were silent for a minute. "What?" Tegan asked. "What is it?"

Teddy shook his head. "It's just...I don't think I've ever seen you dressed up before."

"Is it really that bad?" she asked, walking over to the large three-way mirror in the corner.

When she saw her reflection in the mirror, she let out a small gasp. She looked...feminine. Pretty, even. She was so used to seeing herself in jeans, used to being the cute but chubby friend. But in that dress, she simply smoldered. It was so weird. At 5'7 and a size fourteen, she thought she was too curvy for her own good; too much hips, ass, and breasts. But it didn't matter when she looked this good.

"Wow, is that me?"

Drea nodded. "It is, babe. I told you, you've got a killer figure. You need to start showing it off."

As if on cue, Tegan's phone began to ring, the Jimmy Eat World song signaling she had a text message.

Drea looked down at the phone in her hand, flipping it open. "Hmm, he says it's going to be down at that place near Serendipity. It's a club called the Black Cat Lounge." She looked up at Tegan and whistled. "That place is fucking exclusive. We're supposed to go right up to the front and ask for Kent Brockman."

Tegan laughed at The Simpsons reference. "Did he happen to mention what the dress style was?"

"Hmm, he said dress sexy."

"No he did not!" she exclaimed, trying to grab the phone away from Drea.

Teddy burst out laughing and quickly read the text over Drea's shoulder. "Actually he did. I'm starting to like this guy already."

Tegan felt her skin flush. "Well, this outfit definitely qualifies as sexy."

Teddy grabbed her waist and kissed her on the forehead. "It definitely does. You look wonderful, gorgeous."

"Aww, thanks Teddy. I know you're just saying that because you're my friend."

His brown eyes got serious and Tegan was taken aback. She had never really Teddy in any other state but happy.

"Listen here, Tegan James. You need to learn how to take a compliment and not turn it into something negative. You're gorgeous just the way God made you. If some asshole can't appreciate that, well fuck 'em. There's a million other guys out there who are more deserving of what you can offer."

Tegan felt the tears welling in her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks. No one had ever said anything so nice to her. "You rock, Teddy. Thanks."

He smiled down at her. "No problem sugar. Now hurry up and get this thing off you and into a bag. You've got a kickass party to attend."

********

Derek knew he had to get his brother one hell of a thank-you gift. The Black Cat Lounge simply oozed cool. Black and hot pink leather lounge chairs were spread out in the expansive VIP room above the normal part of the nightclub.

Black lights and neon strobe lights pulsed throughout the room. There were two separate bars in VIP as well as a separate DJ booth.

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,625 Followers