Out of Darkness Ch. 11

Story Info
Erobos seals his fate!
7.7k words
4.79
21.1k
20

Part 11 of the 17 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 09/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,734 Followers

Thank you to all my readers for your comments. I hope you continue to enjoy the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

And as always, a huge thank you to Archangel_M for his support and guidance.

*************

Island of Sardinia - 1052 A.D.

The figure standing on the hillside watched the flames die out. He listened as the shouting and screams quieted while the sun rose. The smell of death surrounded him, and he reveled in it. He heard the movement in the grass behind him and waited patiently for the little blond wolf to sit at his side. He stood looking out over the decimated camp, never glancing at the wolf.

"You did well Zosime. They believed your every word. You have earned your reward." He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. She looked up at him with her sad eyes. "You and your father may live. Go back to my cave and wait for me there." He waited for her to leave before acknowledging the presence of another nearby.

His eyes followed the red panther as she approached, her slow stride unsteady, her side streaked with blood. Her green eyes burned with hatred, and he laughed at her for it. "It's too late, Lysandra. You are the last of your kind. I have won."

The panther shifted into a stunning woman with long red hair that fell down in curls over her shoulders. Her emerald-green eyes seemed to look through Erobos, as if he wasn't worth her sight. She looked beyond him. "You have sealed your fate, Erobos. Your end will come, and it will be horrible to behold. But you will have brought it upon yourself."

"Leona could have saved you all." He wondered if her body was among those on the ground below. He would find it. If any life still flowed, he might be able to do to her what the vampire had done to him. Then she would be his mate for all time.

Lysandra knew his evil thoughts. "Leona is meant for another, not for you. She will have her future. And her future will be your downfall." If she noticed him turn his head to glare at her, she didn't show it.

"You and your visions, Lysandra. Where are your precious sister panthers now? Dead! All of them, dead! Why did you not foresee your own end? You could have escaped. But you did not, and now you will die as well." Erobos licked his lips as the picture came to his mind of the panthers, all dead.

Her voice was dispassionate as she spoke to the thing in front of her. "You have become an abomination, Erobos. You were not meant to be. The Vampire was wrong to have ever made you. Little does he know that he will suffer the consequences as well. You think you will rule over all the weres. But you are wrong; your kind will not prevail. You will think you have power, but in reality, you will have none. And your fall will be deadly..." She paused for a moment. "And painful!"

As much as Erobos attempted to provoke her rage, she maintained her calm demeanor. And if he had heard her premonition, he ignored it.

"I am ready to join my family now." She turned to the figure cloaked in black. His pale face almost glowed in the dark. His hand reached out and grabbed her throat. As he squeezed it tightly, she smiled and looked to the sky. She managed to mouth the words, "I will be with you soon, sisters."

Erobos crushed her throat and watched her lifeless body drop to the ground in a heap. He kicked her to be sure she was dead. Weak, the panthers were all weak.

He waited for the humans to leave the smoldering remnants of the village. Their work here was done. They had avenged the poor little blond girl who had disappeared as soon as the massacre began. But at least they were safe from the monsters.

Erobos laughed to himself. The panthers hadn't even attempted to save themselves. He wandered among the scattered bodies. Not as many of them as he'd expected. Why did he not find the bodies of the cubs? Where was Leona? He walked through the remains of every dwelling, kicking aside the bodies of the dead. She wasn't here. Damn you, Leona. Where did you go? You cannot hide from me! I will find you and bring you back to me! You will belong to me, or you will belong to no one!

*********************

Nevada - Present Day

"Hey, Axel. How are things going out there?" Carr had a smile on his face as he spoke with his new friend. It was too bad the Jensen pack was five hundred miles away in Danville, California. If they were closer, he could envision working together on a regular basis. Axel was much easier to work with than say, Torrance or Crane.

"Hi, Carr. Not too bad actually. We're getting a kick out of watching Erobos at the airport. The humans are giving him a wide berth. He doesn't exactly fit in with the normal public, you know. He looks pretty conspicuous in his fancy Italian suit. And he never takes off his sunglasses. Maybe he doesn't want to scare people more than he already is. Airport Police are kind of giving him the eye, if you know what I mean."

Carr could just imagine how the police were looking at him and smirked. "Can you get us some pictures so we know exactly who we're dealing with?"

"Sure, we've got some good photographers in the pack. We have time. His flight doesn't leave for a few hours. He keeps looking at his cell phone and making calls. The phones we confiscated off his Betas are ringing like crazy, all with incoming calls from the same phone number. Took us a while, but we finally found one of the phones that had the voice mail passcode pre-programmed and were able to listen to the messages."

Carr lifted an eyebrow as he listened to Axel's laughter.

"It was funnier than hell, Carr. All we could hear was screaming in Italian, we're guessing. Unfortunately, that is one language that none of us speak. Anyone there than could translate for you?"

"Yeah, I think we can get that handled. Hang on a minute." Carr knew Drago's parents were hardly ever far from his bedside.

Logan, can you send Silvano over to my office to translate a message for me?

Logan maneuvered around Kelly as he checked Drago's vitals. He'd just finished changing his dressings, and he was healing better than Logan could have ever predicted. His head popped up when he felt his Alpha through their bond. He smiled at the three worried faces watching him closely. "Things are looking good here. Silvano, Carr is requesting you come to his office. He needs some translation. After you get back, I'll give you all the updates." Logan grinned ear to ear. He didn't want anyone worrying unnecessarily while they were waiting. "All good news, folks, really!"

Silvano leaned down to kiss his mate on the top of her head and gave Kelly's shoulder a gentle squeeze. He remembered to be careful with his son's human mate. She was good for Drago, and he was sure his healing so well was, in part, attributable to her presence. "I'll be back soon. I want to hear what the Doctor has to say."

Silvano wondered what it was the Alpha had that needed translating. He walked into the office and saw Carr pacing the floor, cell phone in hand, laughing with whomever it was he was speaking to.

"Silvano, great! I need you to listen to a recording and tell me what was said." He thrust the phone into Silvano's hand and sat down in his chair to wait.

Silvano slowly put the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm going to play the recording now." Axel held up the confiscated phone and pressed a few buttons.

"Dove cazzo sei? Avrò la testa se non si presenta presto!" Silvano listened with a disgusted look on his face.

Axel came back to the line. "Do you need to hear it again?"

"No, I have it." Silvano handed the phone back to Carr.

"Well?" Carr looked at him expectantly, holding the phone out and on speaker so Axel could hear. "What did he say?"

Silvano cleared his throat. "Where the fuck are you? I'll have your heads if you don't show up soon!" Silvano didn't hide his distaste for the filthy language from his former Alpha. He didn't like listening to it, and worse, having to repeat it.

"Got that, Axel?" Carr listened for a moment and laughed. "Yeah, I think he's gonna get even more pissed soon. I'll keep ya in the loop. Thanks, Axel. Give me a call back when his flight takes off. I really appreciate your help."

"Thank you, Silvano. I hear Drago is doing well. Glad to hear it. You can go back to your son." He clapped the male on the shoulder in a friendly gesture and went back to his phone. Erobos would be leaving San Francisco in about four hours. Heck, he could have made it here faster by driving instead of waiting for a flight. Maybe that's why he's so upset? His Betas were supposed to chauffeur him to Reno from SF? Hmm, interesting thought. Does Erobos even know how to drive? He'll have another four and a half hour drive from Reno to Elko. His Betas won't be waiting for him there either. Wonder how he'll get here.

Carr's phone began ringing again, and he looked down at the caller ID. Wilson. "Wilson, what ya got for me? Uh huh, yeah, the Alpha isn't too happy. Be sure to cover the car rentals and limo services. I'm not sure this guy drives. Yeah, I'll let you know." Carr chuckled to himself. This was getting good. Erobos was calling all of his pack members. He smiled as he walked out of his office, whistling to himself.

He walked into the room Alistair had finally claimed as office space and sat across from the distinguished white-haired were. "Things are getting interesting."

"I think it's going to be even more interesting soon. Sandalio has received information from Sardinia about more of that pack's members here in the U.S. I have them being rounded up around the country as we speak. And he found out who the spies in Xylon's DNA company are. They are all in custody."

"Wow, that's great! How's Xylon taking it?"

"He's pretty devastated. He considered many of them friends. But he'll get over it. Sandalio is on his way over. He wanted to talk about a few things."

And just at that moment the Spaniard arrived with a flourish, his long hair loose around his shoulders, still wet from a swim in the nearby lake. "I'm sorry to be late. I took the opportunity to take a run through the forest with a lovely Beta who delighted in showing me the plentiful game in the area." He smoothed his hair back into a ponytail and secured it with a leather tie.

Carr and Alistair exchanged amused grins.

"And how is Julia today?" Carr knew she had had her eye on Sandalio since she'd been rebuffed by Guillame at the Wolf Moon. He hoped she found a mate soon. The other single females didn't appreciate having to compete with her. She always seemed to end up the winner. He could just imagine the happy female faces the day her mate found her.

Sandalio laughed and sat on the corner of Alistair's new desk. "She is just fine, and very... flexible."

Carr lost it and almost fell out of his chair.

Alistair tried to be business-like but couldn't stop from joining the two males in their boisterous laughter.

Rhys cracked the door and looked in carefully. "Did I miss something?"

"You had to be here my friend. Come in. We were just about to catch up on Erobos and his pack."

"Any word from your Beta in Sardinia?" Alistair hoped he was finding more answers about the Dire Wolves. He couldn't believe it was merely to drink blood. And why did he kidnap the female? She was supposed to be bait, but for whom? Or what?

"He has good people with him. One thousand years of records are hard to catalog. Only the last few years are computerized." Sandalio pulled out his cell phone and set it down on the table top next to him. "Of course his new mate has him a little preoccupied. But he is doing his best to balance his time." When his cell phone rang, he smirked and picked it up slowly. "Excuse me, please. I need to take this call."

Carr cocked his head. He didn't remember Sandalio ever walking around with a lot of interest in his phone.

"Pronto. Seraphina non può venire al telefono in questo momento. E 'occupata." Sandalio had a huge smile on his face as he spoke. He winked at the three males, who looked at him questioningly.

"Do either of you speak Italian?" Carr was lost.

Alistair stood next to him, staring at the Spaniard. "Not a word."

"E 'troppo occupato a cazzo suo nuovo compagno." Silvano held the phone away from his ear so they could hear the irate male on the other end.

"Sono entrambi morto, cazzo! Ti strappo il cuore e mangiare le viscere!"

Sandalio looked at the phone, shaking his head. "I think he's upset."

Rhys struggled to listen closely. "I think it's something about they're screwed, dead, ripped hearts. Or something to that effect."

Sandalio looked at the phone sadly. "He hung up on me. Poor Erobos. He was very upset that his acting Alpha Bitch is mated."

"You were talking to Erobos? How did he happen to call you?" Alistair had a feeling Sandalio knew more than he'd shared so far.

"I had all incoming calls to the Sardinian Pack forwarded to my phone." He grinned ear to ear. "Yes, he is not happy. It is a good thing that Álvaro and his mate are a continent away. I think Erobos would try to make good on his threats. Of course he has his sights set on your pack first, Carr."

"We'll be ready for him!" Carr wasn't sure what they were going to do when he got here, but at least they'd know they'd taken out all of his backup.

Carr, cell phones we found at the mine are ringing like crazy. Can we turn them all off? These Sardinians have some weird tastes in ringtones and it's driving us crazy.

Carr burst out laughing before he answered Bryant's question. Just put them all in silent mode for now. What about the phones from the ones we picked up around here?

Not yet. I'll let you know if and when they do.

I guarantee they will. Put them on silent and start going through the phones to see if any have the passcode programmed so you can pull the messages. "Erobos is getting desperate. He's calling all of his men. He must be fuming by now."

********************

Jenna snuggled into the warm blankets. Alistair had gone to another of his interminable meetings, and she had moved to his side of the bed where his scent was strongest and she felt the safest. She quickly fell back asleep.

`````````````````````

She was so proud of her daughter who had given birth to ten sons, and now, finally, two granddaughters wriggled in her arms. She leaned over her exhausted daughter, handing the red-haired twin to her, and the black-haired twin to her daughter's mate. The proud parents rocked their new cubs, their hearts filled with love for the newest members of their pack. The pack was assembled, waiting to hear. Leona heard the cheers of joy and well wishes to the Alphas on their youngest children. It was a good omen when the Alphas were able to bring cubs into the world.

````````````````````

Tears of joy fell slid down Jenna's face.

````````````````````

The raven-haired woman watched as the two small cubs tumbled together down the hillside. She clapped her hands and laughed while they ran around her, their tails high in the air. The little black and red balls of fur were having a glorious time as they circled their beloved grandmother. She so enjoyed this time with her late daughter's children. The boys were grown, but the two little girls were hers to raise and were her pride and joy. She would give her life to keep them safe. Her daughter already had.

`````````````````````

Jenna smiled in her sleep.

``````````````````````

The Alpha walked into the Grandmother's house, watching his daughters prepare for the evening's festivities. Orsolya looked so much like her mother, it took his breath away. The golden gown glinted. Her red hair fell in ringlets around her face and over her shoulders. Her green eyes shone like emeralds.

Orsolya twirled, getting used to the flow of her skirt, and saw her father standing in the doorway. Her face lit up as she ran to him. "Father, how do I look? Am I as beautiful as mother was in this dress?" She held the skirt out and turned slowly, watching him over her shoulder for his reaction. When she saw his grin, she squealed with delight.

"You look ravishing, my little bear, just like your mother. Guillame will be pleased." He moved to his other daughter's side and hugged her to him. "Well Zsálya, what do you think of your sister, hmm?"

Zsálya sighed and showed a rare smile. "Orsolya, you are truly a beautiful vision. I am so happy for you." She went to the wall where a hooded cloak hung waiting. It was plain and would hide her beauty from her mate until the right moment. She held it out for her flame-haired sister.

The Grandmother clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. "We must hurry. The hunt will start soon."

````````````````````

Jenna turned in her sleep, her face a mask of contentment and loving pride.

```````````````````

The Alpha shifted and stood at the edge,forcing himself to look down into the ravine. He fell to his knees as he looked upon the broken body of his beautiful daughter. His fists clenched as he tried to maintain his control. He had not felt this kind of pain since the death of his mate. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the little black wolf as the snow fell on her still form. The black panther stood close to him, shifting, and reaching out her hand to lend him her strength as her own tears fell.

The Alpha knelt next to his beautiful Zsálya. He stroked her head while tears flowed down his cheeks. He looked up at the sky. "Allegria, please look after our daughter." He slowly reached for the little black wolf and gently took her into his arms. He stood and turned, stopping for just a moment in front of Leona, who tenderly kissed her granddaughter one last time. The Alpha then carefully made his way back up the path towards their home, Leona following close behind as she felt her heart break.

`````````````````````

"No, no, Zsálya, my precious Zsálya!" Jenna's voice carried through the large house. She sounded hysterical, like her world had come crashing down around her. Her sobs were heart-wrenching and startled everyone who heard.

Lee almost ran into Katy as they bounded up the stairs to Jenna and Alistair's room. They burst through the door together, not even taking the time to knock. The two women rushed into the bedroom and saw their friend rolling in the bed, her arms flailing, tears streaming down her face.

Lee ran to her side, pulling her into her arms and held her tightly. "Jenna, shhhh, Jenna, it's a dream, it's just a dream." She stroked her hair and rocked her like she was a cub.

Katy sat on the bed next to the shivering woman, her hand steady on her back. She pushed through their bond which was unusually silent, and let her calming thoughts join the frantic ones of her sister panther. She hoped she could help to soothe her. She could feel the consciousness of the other panthers, sending their reassurances to her as well. Jenna, we're here with you. You were dreaming. Jenna, wake up, wake up!

Jenna awoke with a start, feeling the iron grip of the Alpha Bitch and the soft touch of her close friend. She blinked back her tears and tried to regulate her breathing, which had become gasps for air. Had she been having a panic attack? "I-I'm alright, really." Her voice shook as she tried to regain her senses. She gratefully took the tissue from Katy's hand and dabbed at her eyes before blowing her nose. She felt the worried thoughts of her sister panthers and knew she'd better say something soon or they'd all be here in a minute as well.

I'm fine, really. It was a bad dream. I'm so sorry to concern you all with it. At this moment Jenna was very glad that her dreams weren't shared like her thoughts through her bonds with the other panthers, and more importantly, her mate. He would have left his meeting at a dead run and pushed everyone out of the way if that were the case.

lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,734 Followers