Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Story Info
Trevor learns how to avoid fatigue on long trips.
3.3k words
4.24
45.5k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,721 Followers

"Look out!" Trevor jerked the wheel sharply to the right, then back over to the left. There was a loud screech of skidding rubber as he fought to keep the car on the road, wrestling with the vehicle as it fishtailed across the icy asphalt surface. After a long, sickening moment when he could actually feel the shuddering sensation of the tires moving over the unpaved ground next to the ditch, he finally got them moving smoothly again.

"Jeez," he said, his voice trembling slightly, "don't shout like that! Freaked me the hell out." He could feel the adrenalin rushing through his body, making him grip the steering wheel until his knuckles were white.

"You were drifting into the other lane," Hannah said reprovingly. "If I hadn't shouted, you'd have hit that other car head-on. Now could you pull over and let me drive for a while before you get us both killed? Or do you just think you can drive better in your sleep than a woman can while awake?"

"It's not that," Trevor said placatingly. Actually, it kind of was, but Trevor could tell that Hannah was the kind of chick who'd get upset if you admitted that you didn't want a girl driving your car. He'd spent years souping it up, customizing it, and making it into the sweetest ride he could, and he didn't trust it to some chick he'd never even seen driving a car before. He'd already figured out the hard way that she was the kind of chick who'd get upset if you called her a chick, though, so he wasn't looking for another fight. He just wanted to drop her off with her parents, get back to his own mom and dad, and not have to worry about her until the holidays were over and it was time for them to get back to school. He wasn't sure if the gas money was worth putting up with his sister's whiny friend all the way from Minnesota to Indiana, even if she was kind of a hottie. (Probably the kind that never put out, though.)

"So what is it?" Hannah snapped. She was still a little freaked out, too; Trevor could hear it in her voice.

"It's that I'm fine to drive a while longer, that's all," Trevor said. "I'm wide awake now, and we don't have that much more to go. We're already past Chicago; I can totally make it the rest of the way, easy."

"Oh, fer fucksake," Hannah grumbled. "Look, if you really don't want me to drive your precious pussymobile, fine. I don't know what you think I'm going to do to it, it's not like I'm going to menstruate all over the gearshift...but fine. Whatever. But could you at least pull over and take a break for a few minutes? You're weaving all over the goddamn road, and it's kind of freaking me out, here."

"I'm not weaving all over the--" Trevor pulled the wheel to the right again as an oncoming car honked its horn at them. "Fine, whatever," he said, trying to keep the tremor out of his voice. "I mean, you know, if it'll make you happy." It probably was a good idea, but he'd be damned if he admitted it to Hannah. She'd probably gloat all the rest of the way back to Terre Haute.

The road sign said that it'd be another fifty miles to the next rest stop, so Trevor just pulled onto the shoulder and flipped on the hazard lights. "There, I'm stopped, okay? Now just give me an hour or two to rest, and I'll be fine to drive the rest of the way."

"Two hours?" Hannah said incredulously. "You seriously want us to just sit here for two hours when I could just...grrr!"

"I, um...I have trouble sleeping when the car's moving," he said. She knew he was lying, and he knew she knew he was lying, but it was his car and he wasn't budging no matter what she said. She'd have to pry him out of the seat with a crowbar if she wanted to take over the wheel. "It's no big deal, I just need a little nap."

Hannah took a long, deep breath, and blew it out in a sigh. When she spoke again, it was in a slightly calmer tone of voice. "Okay, then. But we don't need to spend two hours. My psych teacher showed us how to do that whole 'power napping' thing that all the CEOs of all the big companies do. It'll get you two hours of sleep in, like, fifteen minutes."

Trevor snorted. "No, really, it works!" Hannah said. "I've been doing it between classes, and I can get by with about four hours of sleep a night during the school week. It's really easy."

Trevor shrugged. "Sure," he said. "But if I fall asleep for real, don't just wake me right away, okay? I'm not going to wake up all groggy just because this whole 'power nap' thing doesn't work."

Hannah nodded, clearly confident that she would have to make good on her promise. "Sure thing," she said. "Now, just sit back in your seat and relax. Tilt it back a little, but not so much that you're flat on your back. Just enough that you're comfortable."

With another shrug, Trevor reclined his seat back at a forty-five degree angle. He let himself sink into the cushions, glad of the extra padding. Factory seats were never comfortable enough. "Okay," Hannah said. "Now the trick to a power nap is to find something to focus on. Your waking mind locks onto your focus, and the rest of your mind can relax better than normal because you're not getting in its way while it's trying to sleep. So..." She looked around the car in an almost theatrical manner. "Perfect," she said. "Just watch the hazard lights."

"Seriously?" he said. Because this sounded like bullshit to him. Watching the hazard lights for fifteen minutes was supposed to be as good as a two-hour nap? Hannah had been talking to too many egghead psych professors.

Before he could say anything more, though, Hannah broke in with a "Ssh!" Trevor sighed, but he clammed up. "You're not supposed to be talking," she continued. "You're supposed to be concentrating and relaxing. The hazard lights are just perfect for this. They have a nice, steady rhythm to their flashing, and the ticking noise will help you focus on them. Just keep watching, pay close attention to the flash as it goes on, and off...on, and off...and let the rest of your thoughts drift."

Trevor's thoughts drifted, alright. They drifted immediately to just how stupid this was. How was he supposed to feel rested when he couldn't even close his eyes? "Your thoughts can just float wherever they want to, Trevor. Your mind is focused on the lights, focused on the steady tick...tick...tick...it's such an easy rhythm to follow, and you can follow it easily and effortlessly while the rest of your thoughts wander. Wherever they go, they can always return to the steady beat of the lights and the sound."

Hannah kept talking, and Trevor wished she'd stop explaining how to do this stupid power nap thing so that he could get on with it. It actually felt like it might be working a little, but she just wouldn't shut up. She just kept droning on and on... "And sometimes you don't even notice that you're watching the light, Trevor. That's good. That's a sign that it's working. Your eyes watch the lights flash on and off, on and off, while your mind focuses on other things. You might listen to my words, and let the lights occupy your attention. Or you might listen to the steady, soothing tick as it beats over and over and over again, letting my words just become a soft, relaxing sound in the background. Whatever your mind decides to do is okay, Trevor, because you've always got the light to return to."

Trevor nodded absently. He wasn't really paying attention to what Hannah was saying anymore, but it seemed kind of rude to just ignore her, so he figured he could just nod every now and again to make it look like he was listening. "It's like the steady pulse of the light is an anchor, Trevor. It weighs your mind down, holding it still and steady even as the currents wash over it. Your mind floats and drifts, but it always stays in exactly the same place, because the lights anchor it down." Trevor nodded again. It was easier to just agree.

"And you realize now that you feel warm and relaxed, Trevor. Your body has already begun to sleep, each muscle unwinding all its tension so easily now that your waking mind is focused on the lights so deeply." Something about the way she said 'deeply' sounded...weird. He couldn't figure it out, it was like she was kind of purring or something. "Your mind forgets all the tension, and so your body remembers to relax. Just like your body forgets all its tension, and your mind remembers to relax even deeper." Trevor nodded again, but he wasn't really listening. He was wondering what was up with Hannah's voice.

"The lights flash on and off, on and off, and your eyes are so deeply focused on them," and there it was again, that weird husky, purring tone, like she was kind of talking sexy, almost, "and even though your body is relaxed and heavy, melting into the seat, your eyes stay open and locked on the light. Locked so tightly, can't look away. The relaxation is everywhere, now, Trevor, everywhere but your heavy, heavy eyes."

"Uh-huh," Trevor replied. He actually hadn't meant to speak, but his head felt too heavy to nod, so he just let out a tiny little grunt of acknowledgement. It was easier that way. He couldn't remember what he was agreeing with, but it didn't really matter. The important thing was keeping his eyes open so he could watch the lights, and listening to her voice. Because Trevor didn't want to admit it, but that voice of hers was kind of getting to him. It felt like she was petting him with her words, somehow. He shifted just a little in his seat, glad that the darkness hid his half-erection.

"That's right, Trevor, your eyes are focused deeper and deeper on the light and the sound. Deeper and deeper, Trevor. Deeper and deeper." He squirmed just a little at the husky tone in her voice with each repetition. Maybe she was coming onto him after all, he thought loosely as he watched the hazards flash on and off, over and over again. Maybe she just didn't want to admit right away that she would like a guy who wasn't into poetry or something. He smiled vacantly, feeling his cock begin to stiffen at the thought.

"And your eyes get so heavy, Trevor. So very heavy that you know you can't keep them open much longer. Every tick of the hazard lights feels like it adds another ten pounds to the weight of your eyelids. Tick...tick...tick..." Trevor's eyes fluttered with the effort of keeping them open, not even sure why he was fighting the deep, exhausted heaviness but knowing that he had to stay locked on the lights, locked on Hannah's soft, sexy voice...

"And now you can't fight anymore, Trevor," Hannah purred out, and Trevor shivered a little with delight as he gave up the effort and let his eyelids slam shut. "Your eyes close, but you're still locked onto the tick, tick, tick, still seeing the lights in your mind's eye, letting the endless rhythm fill your mind, your thoughts, your world as you listen and relax. Listen and relax, Trevor. Listen to me and relax even more, now."

Trevor let out a sound that was half-sigh, half-moan as he felt himself sag even deeper into the cushions. There was only one part of him that had any stiffness left, and that was standing straight up inside his pants now. He really hoped Hannah noticed it, because he felt too dizzy and hazy to talk right now.

"Good boy," Hannah said, and he felt her hand brush his thigh briefly. He let out a tiny whimper, and was rewarded with another brief caress and another repetition. "Good boy. So deeply relaxed now, so deeply focused. No need to think about my words, just let your mind follow them. Your thoughts follow the currents of my voice, Trevor, while your mind is deeply anchored by the flashing light."

"uh-huh," he mumbled out again. He couldn't muster up any more of a response than that, but the words made so much sense to him that he had to acknowledge them somehow. It was so hard to think, now; every new tick of the hazard lights felt like a broom, sweeping away his thoughts before they could form. But he didn't have to think, not with Hannah explaining everything so clearly.

"Good boy!" Hannah said, brushing her hand right over the tent in his pants. Trevor bucked up in his seat a little at the sensation. "And it feels so good to float, Trevor. You feel light and floaty, drifting on my words, easy and effortless and airy now." Trevor whimpered in agreement, hoping to feel her hand on his cock again. "It's like the only thing holding you in your seat now is your seat-belt, like you'd just float away if it wasn't buckling you down."

It felt exactly like that. Somewhere underneath the endless flashing light that turned on and off, on and off in his mind's eye, Trevor could picture his body bumping up against the seat-belt like a helium balloon. It was such a giddy, absurd image that he smiled even wider. "Good boy," Hannah whispered in his ear, once again caressing his cock through his jeans. "Now float for just a moment for me."

He heard the passenger door open and close, but before he could really think about it, he felt his door open up next to him. He scarcely even noticed the December chill, though. It just didn't seem to mean much compared to the dreamy warmth in his mind. "That's right, my good boy," Hannah whispered, now in his other ear. "So light and floaty, only held down by the seat belt, ready to float and drift for me as soon as it's released..." As she spoke, her hands found their way into his pants, tugging at the zipper and slipping inside to wrap around his cock. He still couldn't speak, but his keening moan said more than words ever could.

"Ready to drift for me...now." He heard the click of the seat-belt button as she pressed it, and he felt himself gently drifting into an upright position. He felt like he was about to float away, but her hand guided his cock and the rest of his body followed. "That's right, good boy. Good boy. One foot in front of the other, so easy to walk when your body feels so light and relaxed." He didn't know where he was going. His eyes didn't want to open.

He heard the door open again though, and even though he couldn't remember closing it, he knew he must have. It was just so easy to forget things right now. So easy to forget everything except the tick, tick, tick, her fingers keeping time with a fluttering grip on his cock. She guided him gently back into his seat, and the part of him that noticed something was wrong with the layout of the car was smoothed away by the lights flashing in his mind's eye. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered but the lights and the sound and the pleasure.

"...and the pleasure," she said, echoing his thoughts before he could think them. "Now you're buckled in again," she continued, and he heard the click and felt the straps close around him, "and the seat-belt anchors you down, down, down, until your heavy body can't move. Can't think. You're heavy and relaxed and the cushions feel so good that it's easy to sink into them for me. Good boy."

She took her hand away from his cock, and he let out a tiny whimper of frustration as he heard the door close again. But he was too heavy to move, even though his hands ached to stroke himself, and so he just lay there until he heard the other door close again and her hand found his cock once more.

"Good boy," she said, "good boy, relaxed and heavy for me, and nothing matters now but the pleasure. Nothing matters but my hand on your cock, my words in your mind, stroking and soothing you down, deeper and deeper." Trevor felt the car beginning to move, but it didn't matter. The only motion he cared about was the motion of her hand, pumping up and down on his cock, again and again and again until he was moaning helplessly with the mindless bliss of it all.

"Good boy," she continued, as her fingers teased the pleasure up out of his throbbing balls, "good boy, going to cum soon, can't help it, can't fight it, going to cum for me and sleep for me just like the good boy you are, pleasure building, so sleepy and happy and deep and cumming...now!" Trevor felt his cock spurting again and again as the deep, dreamy pleasure finally took him the rest of the way down into sleep.

*****

"Hello, earth to Trevor!" Hannah said, waving his hand in front of his eyes. "You going to be okay to drive the rest of the way back to your parents' house?"

Trevor blinked in confusion. "I, um..." He looked around. Sure enough, the car was sitting in the driveway of Hannah's family home. Hannah was sitting in the passenger seat, looking at him expectantly. That was just the way he'd planned it...wasn't it? "I...sorry, I guess I kind of spaced out there for a moment." He decided not to mention that 'a moment' was closer to several hours. She'd probably be a little freaked if she knew how out of it he was for the last part of the drive.

"You seemed a little bit groggy when you woke up from your nap," she said, polite concern on her face. "But you said you were okay to drive, so I let you."

Trevor frowned, his brow furrowing as he tried to remember the events of the last few hours. The nap...he remembered something about a power nap, and Hannah saying things, and... "Um...did I...?" He blushed, and closed his mouth abruptly. The last thing he wanted was for Hannah to think he was some kind of sexist jerk who'd had wet dreams about her. "Never mind. Just a little tired, I guess. I'll be fine to get home." He smiled, probably the first real smile he'd given her the whole trip. "Thanks for worrying."

"No problem," Hannah replied. She gave him a little smile back. Trevor made a mental note to ask his sister if Hannah was seeing anyone. Assuming he hadn't wrecked everything already by being such a pig. Trevor couldn't believe he'd been so rude before! "You be good, okay? I'll talk to you later."

"Uh-huh," Trevor nodded, his smile now more than a little vacant. He released the trunk so Hannah could get her bags, then waved to her as she went inside. After watching her close the door, he pulled out of the driveway and headed home.

After a brief stop to adjust the seat. Somehow, he'd managed to slide it all the way forward...

THE END

JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,721 Followers