Paradise Lost

Story Info
His world crumbles in a tropical paradise.
8.6k words
4.26
262.9k
236
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story of total fiction. As in a lot of these types of stories, some of it is rather hard to believe, but hey, it's a story, let your imagination run free.

Why do all these cheating wives stories sound so trite? The same old synopsis; I came home early, I found an email, I caught her and her lover at the office Christmas party, I just happened to be driving past a motel and saw her car parked in front of a room. There must be other ways a cuckold husband discovers his wife's adultery, at least you'd think so. Then again, maybe not, maybe there are only a half dozen ways a man comes to realize his marriage has just come to a shit screeching halt. I know in my case I was so in love with my wife of 10 years that it took a total lightning strike to get me to understand what had been going on between my wife and her lover for the past 6 months. I did not have a fucking clue.

Shannon and I met in college our sophomore year and were instantly attracted to each other. She had rich auburn hair and blue eyes, a pretty face and a slim svelte body with long legs and medium sized breasts. She was in a word, perfect, at least to me she was. With all that going for her the thing that made me fall head over heels was her personality. She was intelligent, bubbly and fun. I could talk to her for hours about everything and anything. We were best friends and after going together for three months Shannon gave me her virginity in the back seat of my car parked behind the town baseball diamond. It was to that point the highlight of my life. It was fumbling and awkward as I missed twice trying to get my cock inside her before we found the right angle and the right spot. When our bodies finally joined together she cried, not from pain she assured me, but from happiness. I will never forget her words as my cock finally slid inside her for the first time, "oh Stu, we did it."

From that moment on there was never a doubt that Shannon and I would be together forever, or as it turned out for ten years anyway.

My name is Stewart Grey, but everyone calls me Stu. I was born and raised in a medium sized town in the Midwest. I'm 6 foot even and weigh 187. I'm considered reasonably good looking with brown eyes and sandy hair. By profession I'm a contractor. I have my own small company with a permanent staff of 5. We handle mostly interior upgrades for folks who can afford them and our work is considered superior. Shannon teaches music at a local high school and together we make a very nice living, have a beautiful home and since we're both in our early thirties are planning on starting our family in the very near future.

Like I mentioned earlier we have enjoyed a wonderful first ten years of marriage. Our sex life was awesome though I'm not going to exaggerate like some do and tell you we'd go at it twice a day, every day, more like three times a week, but it was always loving and often hot and steamy. We snuggled every night, that was an unbreakable rule and every morning when I woke up next to Shannon I was amazed at how beautiful she is and how lucky I was to have her for my wife. I can honestly say that, even though I'd much rather live every day with her, if I had to give up my life for her I would do it without hesitation.

I guess I really should have made that last statement in the past tense since out of the blue something blindsided me, something so totally unexpected and emotionally staggering that I can't to this day say I've completely recovered from it.

As a contractor in the Midwest most of our work is confined to the spring, summer and autumn months. People just don't seem to like the interior of their homes torn apart when its 5 degrees outside and there's 3 feet of snow on the ground. For that reason the vacations that Shannon and I took were usually around the Christmas and New Year's holidays and over spring break. During the summer when I was busy making money Shannon occasionally took a week to visit her folks, went on a shopping trip with her two sisters or took a summer class or two to keep her teaching credentials current.

Our favorite trip each winter was to someplace warm and in the winter of our destruction we chose an all-inclusive resort in the Bahamas, two weeks in paradise for the two of us to reconnect in body and spirit. What I soon found out though is how wrong that thought was.

I first have to explain that before Shannon and I climbed on that plane in Minneapolis I not only didn't have a clue I would have called you a liar and spit in your face had you dared to imply that there was something wrong in our marriage. We were the perfect couple, so madly in love and deeply connected in every way that it was almost like the two of us were one person merged into two bodies. Ours was a union so strong that nothing in heaven or earth could ever come between us. I guess I just forgot that there was also a hell and though I didn't know it at the time, I was teetering on the brink, about to fall into the molten abyss.

The first inkling I had that something wasn't quite right was at the security check in at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The line was long, lots of folks trying to exchange the extreme cold for some tropical warmth and as Shannon and I waited in line to go through the scanners I noticed a man in the line next to us glancing at Shannon. Now that's not unusual, my wife is a striking woman and often has men casting slightly lustful glances her way, but this seemed different, almost like he was trying to get her attention. I wanted to learn more so I pretended to look down at my boarding pass while watching the guy out of the corner of my eye. His glances in her direction were furtive to say the least and then I caught it, Shannon's quick glance back at him and a subtle flick of her hand as if she was saying, "not now". He smiled and nodded and I almost lost my breakfast. I was stunned. It was then I realized that the two of them knew each other. How well I wasn't sure, but that knowledge sent up all kinds of warning flags.

As we continued through security I watched the two of them carefully and there was no further attempt at contact on either of their parts. I know I became very quiet, but for some reason Shannon didn't seem to notice, I guess her thoughts were elsewhere. My hope was that the man, whoever he was, was not on our plane, but once we boarded and took our seats I saw I was mistaken, he was sitting in an aisle seat about 15 rows in front of us. Another thing that seemed odd to me was that Shannon decided she wanted the aisle seat in our row. That never happens, she always wants to sit by the window, but not this time. I asked her what was up since I'd pre booked the window seat for her, giving myself the middle seat, but she just said her breakfast wasn't agreeing with her and she didn't want to disturb anyone if she had to use the restroom.

I asked the woman sitting in the aisle seat if she minded taking the window seat instead and when I explained about my wife's stomach issues she readily agreed and the exchange was made.

I usually have no problem sleeping on a plane and the long flight between Minneapolis and Miami would afford me that opportunity, but in my heightened state of anxiety there was no way I could sleep on that flight, though I was going to pretend too.

We stowed our carryon items in the overhead bin and Shannon placed her purse under the seat in front of her. Once we were airborne I took out my Twins baseball cap and pulled it down over my forehead and pretended to fall asleep. I gave myself enough space to keep an eye on Shannon and 15 minutes later she glanced down at me and once she was confident I was sleeping, she got up and made her way up the aisle toward the restrooms. I shifted in my seat so I could see the full length of the aisle and noticed that when she walked past the seat occupied by what I now assumed was an acquaintance of hers, she put her hand out as if to steady herself and briefly touched the guy's shoulder. More proof that something was up between them and this whole thing was no coincidence.

I noted that they hadn't looked at each other and Shannon made her way to the restroom. When she came out moments later she looked right at him and he stood and walked towards her. When they met in the aisle instead of one of them turning aside so the other could pass they faced each other and stopped for a brief moment. He placed his hand on her waist, she touched his chest for a second and spoke to him. They both smiled warmly and as she continued back towards her aisle seat his hand slid down her ass causing Shannon to smile again.

That was all I needed to realize that these two had known each other for a while and were obviously intimate at some level. At the same time it also hit me like a ton of bricks that my wonderful marriage was in real danger and might very well be over. I was suddenly engulfed in so much angst that I had to turn my face away from Shannon as she sat down and buckled her seatbelt. How could she do this to me, to us? How long had this been going on? Who was this man and how far had they already gone in their relationship? For the rest of the flight I tried to make some sense out of everything I'd seen and prayed that when we transferred to our flight to Nassau, he wouldn't be on it, but somehow I knew he would be.

Much to my pain I was right. As soon as Shannon and I boarded the plane I saw him sitting five rows behind us. He was reading the inflight magazine and paid no attention to us as we took our seats. Shannon, now apparently no longer suffering stomach issues took her usual seat by the window.

The flight to Nassau was uneventful and after landing we picked up our luggage, rented a car and made our way to the resort. Shannon texted while I drove, "Who are you messaging?"

"Oh just my mom and sisters, letting them know we got here."

Yeah maybe I thought, but I'd sure like to see for myself. Isn't it strange that when suspicions start, they just snowball?

Our room was beautiful with a balcony, ocean view and a view of one of the pools. As we unpacked I knew I needed to make a statement in an effort to reclaim my wife so I walked to Shannon, wrapped my arms around her and kissed her neck. "Do you realize how much I love you?"

Shannon twisted around to face me and gave me light peck on the lips. "I love you too baby" she said.

There was a strange light in her eyes as though she wasn't really there in the room with me. It made my skin crawl. I kissed her again, "you know I would never do anything to hurt you, don't you Shannon?"

She flinched slightly. "I know that Stu."

"And I know you would never do anything to hurt me or our wonderful marriage" I told her and she flinched again and I saw moisture build up in her eyes.

"Of course Stu, you know I wouldn't" but she couldn't look at me as she spoke, she just stared down at the floor. I knew then that I had likely lost the battle. If she hadn't done it already I now knew she would soon be giving herself to another man. I let go of her and walked quickly to the bathroom, hoping I didn't lose it before I got there.

I stayed in the bathroom for several minutes regaining composure and asking myself the same questions over and over again. How did this happen? What had I done to drive her into another man's arms? Why hadn't I noticed something weeks or months ago? But most importantly, "what can I do to stop her from destroying us completely, or is it already too late."

I washed my face and walked out of the bathroom. Shannon was standing there with a strange look on her face. "Oh my god Stu, my period just started and I didn't bring any tampons with me."

"What?" I said.

"My period Stu, it just started."

"But you just got over it a week ago, how could it have started again?"

"I don't know, it happens sometimes. Maybe the excitement of the vacation brought it on. I've got to go down to the gift shop and get some tampons," and she left, closing the door behind her.

My first thought was maybe that's a good thing. It will slow down the romance between her and her boyfriend, whoever he is. My second thought was, wait a minute, that just doesn't make sense. It had never happened to her before in all our years together. She was on the pill and her periods were always as regular as clockwork. Then why would she make that up? Unless...unless she thought that having her period would stop me from pressing her for sex so she could devote all her love and passion to her new man. That had to be it, and if it was then she was not the woman I married. No one could be that devious and cruel. She must really hate me to let me plan and pay for this trip so she could shut me out of her life and give everything she has to a man I've never even met.

I felt totally lost, like I was losing my mind. Who was this woman that I had loved with all my heart for over a decade? As I looked around the room I saw she'd left her cell phone sitting next to the television set. I turned it on not knowing if she had changed the passcode and discovered she hadn't, another mistake on her part. I went to her messages and read the most recent ones from someone named Anthony Eisner. I thumbed back to the beginning of the stream which started when we were in the car driving to the resort.

Anthony: Hey baby. OMG you look so hot! Can't wait to have you

Shannon: You brat, you almost got us caught by Stu at the airport

Anthony: Couldn't help it Shann. I look at you and can feel that tight little pussy of yours wrapped around my cock. Almost kissed you on the plane when we were in the aisle

Shannon: Stu was sound asleep so you could have, but it might have looked bad to others. I did enjoy the little squeeze you gave my ass. Little preview of things to come? LOL Gotta go, we're almost there

The conversation between the two of them restarted after we were in our room at the resort.

Anthony: I'm N the lobby, U here yet?

Shannon: N my room. Stu's N the bathroom. He's acting odd.

Anthony: Who cares? When U leaving Stu boy so I can have U all 2 myself?

Shannon: I've told you from the first time we were together that I can't and won't do that Tony. Stu is a wonderful husband. He loves me and takes care of me and gives me the kind of life you never could.

Anthony: But my cock is bigger and better than his and I fuck you better than he does.

Shannon: Oh god yes, No one fucks me like you do baby, you know that. You make me cum and cum and take me places Stu has never dreamed of taking me, but as good as your cock is and trust me it is the best, I need more than your hot fucking and that's what Stu gives me. Stu and I are getting ready to start our family so this next 2 weeks is just for you baby. I told Stu I would stop taking my birth control pills when we get home, but I really stopped taking them almost 3 weeks ago. So now you have your chance to give me your baby. If you can make a baby in me in the next two weeks then we'll create the child that Stu will raise thinking it's his.

Anthony: You are so nasty Shann, but I love it. I plan on filling your sweet cunt with a couple of gallons of baby juice in the next two weeks. I'll make a baby in that sweet tummy of yours.

Shannon: God you're making me wet. I can't wait to feel you inside me.

Anthony: What about Stu boy, how do U know his sperm won't beat mine to the punch the next two weeks?

Shannon: Because he's not going to fuck me, silly boy. I'm going to tell him that my period just started up again and oddly it's going to continue the whole time we're on vacation. LOL

Anthony: U sure he'll buy it?

Shannon: Of course. He loves me and he knows I'd never lie to him. Besides, when we get home I'll make it up to him

Anthony: Fuck, he is so stupid, what a loser.

Shannon: Stop calling him that or you'll be the loser. You'll lose my pussy for the good.

Anthony: We both know you're not going to let that happen. U need my cock too much

Shannon: That's true, but I still don't like you saying things like that about Stu. He's a good guy.

Anthony: OK, meet me in the lobby. I need to taste your lips, both sets of them, but I'll settle for the ones on your face for now.

Shannon: And U call me nasty? U get exclusive use of my lips, at least the lower ones for the next 2 weeks. Give me 5 minutes.

I stood there in total shock, started to replace her phone and stopped. There's a possibility I could find a way to use those messages for evidence in the divorce. I started to replace her phone with mine and then thought "fuck her" my phone has all my personal information in it, she's made this mess, let her try to find a way out of it so I kept both our phones. I figured it wouldn't take her long to figure out her phone was missing, but by then I'd be long gone. I could taste bile rising up into my throat, gagging me. I went to the window and gazed out at the beautiful Caribbean. Eight hours ago I was the happiest man on earth, getting ready for two weeks of romance in the tropical sun with the love of my life, my wife, my soulmate and now my world has crashed around me.

Never in my life had I felt more alone, shocked and angry. I wanted to hurt both of them, destroy them for making such a wretched fool out of me. Fortunately the rational side of my brain slowly took control. Divorce was a certainty; there was no way I'd stay with the cheating bitch that had been my loving wife. I wanted more though, I wanted revenge.

While staring out the window I happened to glance down at the pool and there they were, their arms wrapped tightly around each other, lost in a passionate kiss. Anthony dropped his hands to caress Shannon's ass and she lifted her right leg and pushed her crotch against his thigh. I wanted to throw up, but instead took a deep breath and used my cell phone to video their actions. I guess while Shannon was unpacking she never bothered to look out the window in our room or she would have noticed that the pool was in plain sight.

I needed a plan and I needed it quickly, but my guts were in spasms and my brain was in lockdown. Then it came to me, it was simple really, Shannon wanted two weeks with her lover Anthony to give her a baby and I needed time to get the ball rolling on breaking our marriage in two. I'd give her the two weeks and get the hell out of Dodge. I had only unpacked a few items of clothing so it took me no time at all to re-pack. I looked out the window to make sure the lovers were still entwined and they were sitting close together, embracing, talking and laughing, probably making plans for their first island rendezvous. I was about to make that really easy for them, they could have his room or hers and spend as much time fucking as they wanted, I was out of here.

As I started toward the room door I had a thought and it actually made me smile. I pulled her sexy undies, nightwear and dresses out of the drawers and closets, piled them all on the floor and pissed all over every item. Then I opened her suitcase and pulled out the KY jell she'd packed and poured it on the pile and then I took all her perfumes, shampoos and cosmetics and quickly added their contents to the sticky mess just to add to the statement. Of course she'd have everything washed, but at least it would keep her from dressing provocatively for her lover for a day or two even though I realized that what they wanted to be was naked together so her messed up clothes wouldn't matter. Oh well, it made me feel a little better anyway. I zipped my inadequate cock back inside my pants and without looking back walked out the door not bothering to close it behind me.

When I got to the desk, I told the clerk that an emergency had come up and I had to return home. She informed me that there would be no refund on the two weeks and I told her OK. I would lose the money I'd paid in advance, but it was worth it to get away from my wife and her lover. Besides, I'd just deduct the amount from her share of the divorce settlement. After all, she's the reason the vacation turned to shit.