Pawn's Gambit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You could have made so much money." I commiserated.

She shook her head sadly. "By the time they were suing Miller I was in Chicago and honestly, I had no idea what was going on. When I looked again it was all over." She smiled a little wistfully at what could have been. "But you gave me a good start Adam. Thank you."

Well, that was it. My revenge was over and against all odds, my actions had been justified. It was more than I had expected. I kept telling myself I wasn't a monster, but was I? The Millers had been destroyed just like in some fictional saga. I had learned my lessons in revenge and executed them beyond my wildest dreams.

Financially I was starting to do really well, business was growing and George was starting to talk about me buying him out so he could retire.

Dean and Katie had adjusted the way teenagers do. Their focus was on school, friends and sport. Mom and Dad were already relegated to the role of convenient ATM's and chauffeurs...

Life went on as it always does. About four years after the divorce, Jean started dating an older man. They lived together for a while. After a couple of years of co-habitation they married. Dean and Katie said he was a 'nice guy'.

I was footloose and fancy-free which is just a fancy way of saying I wasn't dating anyone seriously. I guess I still had issues with trust. After a long while and at my father's insistence I started seeing a trauma counsellor and began the process of feeling better about myself and life in general but I still have a long way to go.

The end