Petra the Small Ch. 04

Story Info
Throwing a party discovers a miracle.
8.7k words
4.82
20.9k
5

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/16/2022
Created 08/25/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Scorpio44
Scorpio44
2,000 Followers

[This is the continuation of a story about an unusual family. I originally called this chapter "Momma." I encourage your votes and comments. What you think and feel are important to me. Thank you for reading.]

*

Early the next morning Jenny and Jerry were awakened by the phone ringing. Jenny answered and the voice on the other end of the line was Sabrina. She told Jenny that her shop had been vandalized during the night and that she needed help.

"We'll be there as soon as we dress," Jenny said. Then she hung up. She took Jerry by the hand and they went into Petra's room, waking Petra and Tom.

"Sorry to wake you both but it's important. Sabrina's business was vandalized last night and she needs our help."

"Right!" Tom said and leapt from the bed. Petra followed and asked, "What does she need?"

Jerry answered, "We'll find that out when we get there. Let's get dressed and over there."

As they got ready they talked, discovering that Jerry, Jenny, and Petra would be going to Sabrina's store and Tom needed to go to work. In less than twenty-five minutes from the moment the phone rang they were on their way.

In the car Jerry made some phone calls and discovered that almost everyone in the family who could be headed to Sabrina's was. When they arrived there were two police cars parked in front. The sign above the store was on but the large "S" was obviously broken and not lit. The front glass window was also broken and pieces of glass were all over the display area inside and on the sidewalk in front of the store. As they approached the front door an officer stepped to the door and said, "Sabrina's is not open. They've had a break in."

"We know. Sabrina called us," Jerry said. "We're family."

The officer took their names and went inside, motioning for them to stay outside. A minute later Sabrina was outside with them.

"It was Buck. He's still angry," she said.

"Do you know for sure it was Buck?" Jerry asked, quietly.

"Whoever did it wrote on the wall behind the cash register, "Poly Bitch!"

"Well, that points to Buck alright."

Petra pulled Jenny aside. "Poly Bitch?"

"The word for people in a sexual relationship or a loving relationship with more than one person is polyamorous."

"Oh. I'd never heard of that."

"Knowing the word means that whoever broke in knows about Sabrina being in the family and does not approve. Her ex is just that kind of guy. When they met the family he thought we were swingers and he was all for it. When he found out that swinging isn't anything like what we are doing, he changed his mind. He changed so strongly that he divorced Sabrina and joined a fundamentalist church."

"Will he be arrested?"

"That depends on him. If he didn't leave any fingerprints that tie him to the crime, he won't be arrested. If he was drunk or otherwise stupid he might have left something that ties him to the crime. Then he will be arrested."

They took the three steps back to Jerry and Sabrina.

Jerry was talking. "What can we do?"

"The police said we can't start cleaning up until the crime scene people are done, and they aren't even here yet. I guess what we can do is get some lawn chairs and sit down out here."

"Yes, we can stay out of their way but still be here." Petra said.

Jerry went to his van and brought back four folding chairs that had been used at dinner the night before. They sat down and waited. After a little while Jenny and Petra walked to the corner and got some coffee for them all. They even got four more cups for the police.

After the crime scene people arrived it was only half an hour until they were told they could start clean up. Then the police left. Sabrina called Harvey and was told the name and phone number of a glass guy who would replace the front window. Four other family members showed up so the clean up went quickly. It was decided that Petra and Sabrina would stay at the shop, Jerry and Jenny would go get supplies and repaint the wall that had been painted, and the other four would get back to whatever they were going to do that day.

After the help left Sabrina and Petra sat down to wait. As they talked the phone rang a few times. The calls were from friends wanting the story and to offer support. Except the fifth call. It was Buck.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Too bad, huh?"

"Not too bad. The shop is still open."

"Maybe you should relocate, to Alaska."

"Because?"

"It's obvious that you don't have many friends here."

"I think what's obvious is that I have one person here that doesn't like me."

"Yeah. And I'll be paying you another visit if you don't leave town."

"I thought maybe it was you when I noticed that the word was misspelled."

"No. It was spelled correctly. I looked it up."

"I honestly wish you weren't so angry. I do love you, you know."

"If you loved me you wouldn't say you love all those other people."

"Loving them does not lessen my love for you."

"We've been down this road before Sabrina. If you are going to be with other men I want you far away from me. I've lived here longer than you, so you have to go!"

"I'll consider it."

"Better hurry or you won't have much too take with you."

"How much time will you give me?"

"If you aren't gone by the end of the month things will start happening that you won't like. Things worse than a little vandalism."

"OK. Let me think all that over. Can I call you?"

"No. I'll know when you're gone. We don't need to talk." Click.

The line went dead. Thirty seconds later the phone rang again. Sabrina picked it up and said, "Yes."

Thirty seconds later she said, "Thank you" and hung up.

She looked at Petra and said "That was the police. They asked me when they first arrived today if they could tap the line and I agreed. They got that whole conversation on tape. They are on their way to arrest Buck."

Sabrina and Petra hugged and then quietly sat waiting for the next event, whatever it turned out to be. It turned out to be the glass guy arriving and installing a new front window. When he was done they locked up the shop and were about to leave when Petra said, "Can you run me home? Jerry and Jenny brought me."

"If you don't mind, I'd like company tonight. Call Tom and invite him for dinner at my place. Tell him to bring tomorrows clothes."

"He'll like that. I ought to have him get some of my things too."

"Whatever you might need I probably have but I don't have any men's clothes so Tom better bring those." Petra made the call and Tom said he could be at Sabrina's by six. On the short trip from the shop to her home Sabrina asked Petra about her thoughts about the family.

"It's really hard to say. I've only known any of you except Jenny for a little over a month. I know you are all wonderful at helping and bringing food to gatherings. I know you are all friendly, or at least you all have been to me."

"We have our moments."

"One thing I haven't seen is jealousy or possessiveness."

"I have. When Buck and I first were invited to come to a family event we went looking for people we could be friends with. When Buck was greeted at the door with a wonderful hug he interpreted it as a sexual come-on and from then on he was looking for sexual intent in everything. Because of the way he was raised he believed that men could fool around but that wives could only do what their husbands were comfortable with. When he was hugging a woman and pressing himself against her and looked over and saw someone hugging me in a full body hug he flipped."

"So he didn't get what was going on at all, did he?"

"You mean all the talk about God, Love, and Life? No. He thought that was all trash talk that got women to fuck around. He never let any of it in."

"That is sad."

"Yeah. I miss the part of Buck that was potentially a great, loving man."

They pulled into Sabrina's condo complex and when the gate closed behind them they got out of the car. At her condo Sabrina hit a security code that also unlocked the door and they went in. It was a big place, three bedrooms and three baths with a deck and a large living room. One of the bedrooms was much like Sabrina's shop, full of bras, panties, night wear and other sexy stuff. One bedroom was a guest room and the third was Sabrina's bedroom. It was dominated by a king-sized bed that was flanked by mirror fronted closets. They were in the living room when the phone rang. It was Buck.

"You bitch!" He said when Sabrina answered.

"Hi to you too."

"You know where I am?"

"Alaska?"

"No. You need to go to Alaska, not me. I'm in jail."

"And you used your one phone call to call me? I'm flattered."

"They are already getting me a lawyer. I'm calling you to let you know what I'm going to do to you when I get out of here."

"Do you think I sent the cops on you?"

"Didn't you?"

"No. Honey, I never said to the police that you broke into my place. I never said how angry you have been. I didn't point them in your direction."

"It had to be you!"

"I don't think so. Maybe you left some kind of evidence behind. They searched my shop pretty good before they left."

"Did they ask you what a poly bitch was?"

"Yes, and I told them that was what some men call women who love more than one person. I didn't say that was what you've called me for the last year."

"My phone time is up, so I've gotta go. I'll be in touch when I get out."

"OK," she paused, "I love you."

"Yeah, right." He hung up the phone.

When Tom arrived at six o'clock he arrived with a small bag of clothes and a bag from a Chinese restaurant. They sat in the kitchen and feasted on rather good Chinese food. The women filled Tom in on the events of the day and both phone calls from Buck. They were about to crack and eat their fortune cookies when the phone rang again. Sabrina let it ring three times before answering. It was the police. Buck had admitted to the break in and to the threats of further incidents. He would be going before a judge tomorrow morning, the officer said. Sabrina thanked the officer and hung up. She sat down with Petra and Tom and told them what happened.

Tom wanted to know how she felt about Buck being in jail.

"I want him back. I want to continue loving him, with him right here for me to do that with. I didn't want him to go." A tear slid down her cheek.

"He's still pretty angry," Tom said it like a statement.

"Yeah. I have a lot of trouble understanding his thinking. If the family had just been a group of people who screwed each other on the weekends he was all for it. When he discovered that the people in the family were going to love us, he freaked."

"What do you think will happen?" Petra asked.

"I don't know. If he talks to the judge and tells everything the family could be in big trouble."

"The family?"

"If Buck says that he is angry because his ex-wife is screwing lots of men as a part of some spiritual group they all belong to, don't you think that will cause problems?"

"We aren't breaking any laws, are we?" Tom asked.

"None that I know of," Sabrina said, "But it isn't the law I'm worried about. I'm worried about public opinion. What will happen to our various businesses and jobs if people think we're some sort of sex cult?"

"I see what you mean."

Silence sat at the table with them for a while, loudly speaking doom and gloom inside their heads. Then Petra spoke, "Love is stronger than that. Love will see us through this, and we will get through it as a family."

Tom looked at her and then turned to Sabrina. "I love her. I love the way she thinks. I love the way her heart and mind and body work."

Sabrina smiled and nodded. Then she cracked her fortune cookie and read the slip of paper inside. "Love is the answer to your questions."

She smiled again and said, "I certainly hope so."

Tom picked the slip of paper from Sabrina's fingers and read it aloud. "Love is the answer to your questions."

Petra said, "See? Love will have this all work out."

The next morning Buck and ten other detainees were transported the block from the jail to the courthouse. When Buck was led into the courtroom there were five people seated in the audience. Three of those were reporters. As Buck's case was called a large sound happened out in the hallway. Yells were heard, "He's been shot! He's been shot!"

The three reporters were suddenly gone. The bailiff locked the door behind them and court resumed.

The judge asked Buck four questions.

"The owner of the shop you vandalized, was your wife?"

"Yes, you're Honor."

"You are angry with her because she joined a church and wanted you to join too?"

"Yes, you're Honor."

"And, the main belief of this church is that you should love each other, help each other, and do whatever you can to have life work for everyone?"

"Yes, you're Honor."

"Buck, would you actually hurt a woman who loves you?"

"No, you're Honor." Buck was crying.

Somehow those four questions got through his anger and he saw that Sabrina loving others didn't mean she didn't love him.

The judge gave Buck six months probation and asked him to pay restitution to Sabrina for the damage he had caused. He agreed. The judge let him go. An hour later he walked out of the jail, free. He went to the nearest phone booth and dialed Sabrina's store. She answered after one ring.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi. Are you done with court?"

"I am. I want to come by the store and apologize to you in person. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm asking you to." Buck's voice was soft and sounded tired.

Sabrina thought for a few seconds, then said, "How long will it take you to get here?"

"Fifteen minutes."

"Want breakfast?"

"Sure!" His voice brightened.

They hung up and he started walking to her shop. As he walked Tom was driving by and saw him. He felt a strange need to stop and say Hi to Buck. They had met once months ago. He pulled over, rolled the window down and said, "Aren't you Buck?"

Buck looked like a scared rabbit. He didn't remember ever meeting Tom.

"I'm Tom. We met months ago at Harvey's place. I'm sure you wouldn't remember me. I just thought I'd say Hi."

Buck looked at Tom and realized this was a member of the church. Maybe he would help. "Could I ask you a favor, Tom?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"I need a ride."

"Sure, get in." Buck got in and Tom made a U-turn.

"Where to?" Tom asked.

"Sabrina's store."

Tom let off the gas and Buck spoke quickly.

"I called Sabrina when I got released. I'm going over to apologize to her and make it up to her, what I did. You can come in and be a witness if you like."

Tom stepped on the gas again and the conversation was left hanging there for the rest of the short drive. As they pulled up in front Petra was washing the new front window. She stopped when she saw Tom's car and her eyes got big when Buck got out with Tom. All three walked into the shop and Sabrina heard the door and came out. As soon as she saw Buck she started to cry.

Buck did too. "Oh Honey, I am so sorry. I am such a fool. I can't even tell you what the judge said to me this morning but I know what I heard. I heard that I'm nuts for leaving you. I'm nuts for causing you trouble and pain. I don't know how I can make it up to you, but I want to."

Sabrina was in his arms. She kissed him long and hard. When the kiss ended she said, "You had me when you said, Oh Honey." She looked up at Petra and Tom and said, "I've started another breakfast. Want to join us?"

Petra stayed and ate a little. Tom went to work. Petra ran the shop for the day. Buck and Sabrina got reacquainted. When Tom came to the store after he got off work Petra told him that the four of them were going out to dinner.

Over dinner at a cute neighborhood Italian restaurant they talked. Buck wanted to talk about why he had been angry, why he had been afraid, and how he felt now.

"When we met those people from the family, I thought they were swingers. Something in me thought that swinging would be OK, because you really didn't have a relationship with those people. I thought they just had lots of parties and everybody screwed everybody. Sabrina spent more time with the family than I did. I was driving truck out of town and while I was gone Sabrina was getting to really know the people. When I came back, they were friends. I felt left out."

Sabrina held his arm as he spoke. They sat in the booth together and every few seconds they looked at each other.

"I started to believe that Sabrina was about to leave me. My mind was so crazy that I figured I'd show her, and I left her first! Then I saw the way the family helped her, and supported her while she went through some tough times, and I got angrier! I believed that if y'all would have left her alone she would have begged me to come back."

"I did. Every time we talked."

"I didn't believe you. I was so confused that I wanted you all to myself and I wanted us to screw around together."

Buck stopped talking and ate. Sabrina ate too. Tom and Petra kept trading bites from their dinners until soon all the food was gone.

As he swallowed his last bite Buck spoke again. "Something happened in court. I sat there angry as hell and it hit me that Sabrina hadn't done anything to me. She still loves me. She hasn't stopped loving me even though I've been a total ass. When the judge asked me some questions I answered and agreed to whatever he said, so I could get out and get back to Sabrina."

He kissed her. When the kiss eventually ended Tom asked Buck a question.

"Buck, how are you going to be with the family?"

"Hell, I never was very mad at the family. I understood that having met Sabrina they would all love her. She's easy to love. I think the big question is how are the people in the family going to deal with me?"

"Do you want us to tell you or do you want to find out on Friday night?" Petra asked.

"I guess the answer is both. What's happening Friday night?"

"We are having a birthday party for the whole family! One of the family that lives out of town a short ways has built a new barn and before the animals break it in they invited us all out for a birthday party. There will be lots of food and dancing!" Petra bounced up and down as she got excited telling Buck about the party.

"But whose birthday is it?" Buck asked.

"Nobody knows! The Brown's decided that a birthday party would be fun and that somewhere in the world Friday will be someone's birthday, so we're celebrating!"

"The Brown's?"

"They own the new barn. This was all their idea." Tom said.

Sabrina sat up a little straighter and said, "I've got an idea too. Let's find someone here in Santa Fe that has Friday as their birthday and invite them."

"And let's get the family to give them gifts and really make this a wonderful birthday for them!" Petra was really loving this.

Buck looked worried. "What if whoever is having a birthday isn't happy about strangers throwing them a party?"

"Then we love them anyway. Even if they don't come to the party they'll know there are almost a hundred people out in that barn celebrating their birthday." Sabrina said.

"OK. How do we find out whoever this birthday person is?" Buck still wasn't convinced.

"We call the phone tree and get everyone in the family to ask around and find someone with a birthday September ninth."

"What if we find more than one?" Buck was still hesitating.

"We invite everyone with a September ninth birthday to the party." Tom said.

"Then the way we do it is to take out an ad in the paper. An eighth of a page ad that invites anyone who can prove their birthday is September ninth to the party!" Buck was in.

"When we get back home I'll first call the Brown's and talk it over with them, then we'll start the phone tree and tomorrow get the ad in the paper." Sabrina got her purse and signaled for the check.

Scorpio44
Scorpio44
2,000 Followers