phanTOMORROW Ch. 06: LIKE A NINJA

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pacing with his hands in his pockets he swears he sees movement in the corner of his eye. Nerves becoming jittery he calls out, "Is anyone here?" Nothing at first then something strange, it was as if an invisible handprint lit up on the door pad, one that actually formed a real handprint. "Who did that? I don't see any ghost, but again I don't see any down there in the research area either. Am I maybe down low enough that the atmosphere is different than outside? I am maybe three stories below ground so the effect could be different."

Exploring the handprint trying to offer him clues he notices something, "Has to be a female the handprint left behind looks more woman than any guy." Peering around at nothing he captures movement once again behind him making him turn quickly hoping to catch sight of someone. "How can I help?" He tried for a sign, praying it was a friend not an unseen enemy. "She's in my blind spot. Crap am I dealing with a real ninja here?" He considered then frowned, "I've seen way too many movies. No way is..." Hand on the pad again lures him back to check it out. Shrugging he tried something he hadn't before. The door opened easily. "Whoa! All this time she was trying to gain access herself but couldn't, so I just let her in. Question is...how is she moving intelligently when those outside aren't? I mean I guess even they must have a certain intelligence to follow mirrors or personal items. Maybe there's something of Her's in there she's trying to get to."

Gaining entry he wondered further, "Hold up! That Barbara walked right through the front doors following me. If she can do that why can't the other ghosts outside? I mean if they saw her do it why didn't they come in too? Too many questions that I'll need to process sooner or later. Just get Mom's list of parts and let's save her then figure the rest as we go along. Wonder where my ninja girl went?"

With beautiful flute music accompanying the hologram dancers it was a little spooky. It almost felt as if their eyes were following his, but that was impossible right? Had to just be a case of the Heebee Jeebees. Before moving any further he utilized his mom's compact mirror to seek out any spiritual residues of scientists in the area. He hadn't thought of using it when on the other side of the door. For that matter why wasn't there any clothing up there or an ID badge? "I'm losing it. She got me inside so that must be a good thing, right? So why can't I see her?" He scans around the room and finds only two men both of Japanese persuasion working at computers as if still on the job. Even fingers were typing but not physically touching the keys. A thought came to Griffin... "How did she touch the pad and it recognize her to unlock the door but these guys can't even type on their keyboards?"

Approaching one of the men he used his gloves to grip him and roll his chair away by six feet. The man seemed confused and lost at no computer in front of him, but his fingers still practiced typing. "Poor guy just doesn't have a clue." Claiming a vacant seat at the computer Griffin simply went into Word producing a blank screen. Ready he sat upright and spoke, "If you can hear me come talk through the keyboard. I know you can touch things so if you want to make contact this is a good start. I'm a friend. Hope you are. I'm only here to find parts for my mom in hopes to save her from this weird effect that happened to the world. She's a scientist too, she also fashions holograms among other things. You... don't have to be afraid of me. I might be able to help you even."

He types, "Hello I'm Griffin." deciding she might be leery of him he rolls aside as if giving the entity room. Sure, enough he saw keys pecking and words forming. Luckily, he was smart enough to switch the languages so he could read it in case she only spoke Japanese.

"Sune Yi! My father owns this company." Typing stops and he gives her time before rolling back in front of the keyboard to add to their conversation.

"Nice to know you Sune Yi. How are you able to touch things when so many others cannot? You are self aware but most of those I have encountered are not."

"I do not know. My ability is limited. I have tried to meditate over this and each time it feels as if I grow stronger in my touch. There could be another reason that might factor into this."

"Do I need to type or can you hear me?" He realized he might not need to type at all.

"Yes. I can hear you. I have tried to communicate with others but I cannot get through to them. It is like I am trapped in between."

"Like Purgatory."

"I am trained as Ninja. My Father is of a sect in Tokyo, so I run his company here. I believe my training is what keeps me different amongst those untrained."

"Ninja? That's cool. Ummm?"

"My sister is here in Queens as well. She is not trained as I have been. I cannot reach her at all. How is it you are still normal?"

"My mom locked me away behind a special shielding. From what she said this whole disaster stems from CERN overseas. They somehow warped dimensions in some experiment. I stayed normal but everyone including my mom were switched. Do you know what the other side is like?"

"Nothingness! I see it but cannot pass through."

"Could other Ninjas be reacting as you are?"

"I do not know yet. I cannot reach out in my current condition."

"Sune Yi? I understand you do not know me but if you're honorable I might be able to help you." He lifts his compact mirror from his coat pocket having realized he had yet to set eyes on her. "I should be able to see you in this mirror. That's how I navigate the city currently." Poising it at the keyboard he bulges his eyes, "Whoa! You are touching the keys right?"

"Yes."

"For some reason I can't see you like the others."

"My training! I am a shadow to the eye but in this situation I am unseen."

"Right! I mean I can see the two guys in the chairs in the mirror. See?" He offers insight by training his mirror on the seated typist.

"I see nothing. Only you."

"Okay! Let's take a risk here. For some reason my DNA can bring back whoever I touch for very short periods of time. May I try to bring you back?"

"Yes of course!" She typed eagerly.

"Okay! Just so I don't touch any body parts you might frown on take a seat in my chair here so I know where to reach for your shoulders."

"I am seated."

"Here goes." In his thoughts he prayed she was super cute. Asian women were the bomb in his fantasy world. Disappointed he discovered his ungloved hands touching thin air. "You should be back by now. What's different about you compared to others?"

"My training perhaps. Now I am sad."

"Hey! I'm here for you Sune Yi we can figure this out. I can prove I'm not lying if I touch the guy over there, I'm pretty sure I can bring him back considering I can see him in my mirror. I've brought back a few people but unless I'm there to constantly baby them they fade away after a while. I feel bad that it must be traumatic going back and forth so much so I'm trying to figure out some way to save people. My mom is using a hologram of herself to sustain existence longer than normal, co-inhabitation so to speak. She sent me here to find parts to fashion portable holographic projectors that maybe others can use, even you if we can discover how."

"Fascinating! I never considered holograms as a source of stabilization." Without his knowledge she left Griffin talking to an empty chair as she drifted across the room and zeroed in on one of the dancing girls still performing in the holographic theater. Reaching out to a flute player the image grew staticky and fritzed out. Flute girl disappeared. That was when Griffin realized she had moved away. "It didn't work as I had hoped." She spoke to Griffin's shock.

"Whoa! I just heard you."

"You did?"

"Yes I... even better..." He observed an aura gently flickering around her body. While she wasn't becoming human physically it did allow him knowledge as to where she was located. She had an exquisite shape to her even if she was bald to the naked eye. Hair obviously wasn't necessary to the spectrum. "I can see your shape."

"Really?" She looked at her hands yet could not see herself. "Which hand am I waving?"

"Left hand. I only see your shape. No hair or anything physically defining like eyes."

"I shave my head."

"Ohhhhhhhh! Wow! That's cool. I bet your employees respect that as a fashion statement."

"They respect my Father! To laugh at me would end their lives. I am joking."

"No you're not!"

"Not all Ninja clans are wicked Griffin. Try touching me now."

"Sure! Now that I can see where I'm touching I can do that." Still nothing but open air and a hand passing through her aura.

"I felt a breeze when you went through me."

"We're on to something Sune Yi. I know I came to steal parts but seeing as you're the boss here can I borrow them so I don't feel like a thief? If everything pans out and we save the world mom will pay you for the equipment."

"Honor exudes from you Griffin. Of course! I need your help further though if you don't mind."

"Anything I can do."

"I must reach my sister. I'll try leaving the complex but should I be unable to I would request you find her and if you can heal her enough to bring her to me at least we can be together."

"Absolutely! So out of curiosity... how do Ninja's go invisible?"

"We mask our auras and use them to cloak ourselves. Our cloth dampens it from sight."

"Do you have your uniform nearby? There's an experiment in this."

"At our hotel room. If you awaken my sister she can bring my things to me."

Taking out his cellphone he jots down the hotel address and room number. "Got it! Okay, let me gather my parts so Mom can stay busy while I go after your sister. Oh, what's her name?"

"Chin Bao! It means golden gem."

"Sooo Amber?" He chuckled. "Sorry no disrespect I'm just having fun. I'm excited to help you reunite."

"Actually... I call her Amber. It is her American nickname. Have you read my mind?"

"Let's not go there. I'm struggling to keep my eyes off your figure as it is. No offense!"

"None taken! At least someone sees me for who I am. You are quite handsome too Griffin."

"Aww! Thanks Sune Yi. So what's your nickname if she's Amber?"

"Boss lady!" She giggled, "It is good to laugh again. Thank you for being of help."

"Let's not go with Boss Lady. Tell me something you like."

"Fresh flowers."

"Orchids?"

"Too large."

"Cherry blossoms?"

"Oh yes!"

"Then let's call you Blossom."

"Too long!"

"Cherry?"

"Too fruity!"

"Silhouette? Like a Ninja?"

"Again too long!"

"Silly it is! Wet sounds too... personal. Silly...Wet, get it?"

"Do we have time to be flirting Griffin?"

"So Bossy!" He laughed. "You're right! I'll think of something to call you. Humor me... do a fancy kick."

"Somersault?"

"That will work." Right before his eyes she somehow managed to perform just that maneuver. "That was badass! If we ever get things back to normal you should train me."

"We shall see."

"See?" He had a thought, "Experiment time." Raising his cell he took a snapshot of her aura. To his shock he found her entire body in the photo as if she were alive and well. "Whoaaaa! She even shaves her pubes. She looks late 20's. Kind of young to be any CEO. Who cares! Daddy's girl!"

"Did my aura show up?"

"Naaaa! Nothing actually! Empty space! I better gather my parts." This pic was for him and him only.

Yep! Last Pervert on Earth!

Even he could hide from her!

"How about I call you Aura?"

"I suppose that counteracts my abilities as a Ninja. Aura if you like."

"Oh, I like Aura." He winks!

"Not the time!"

"Soooo Bossy!"

"Sexual harassment in the workforce?"

"I'm the only one still on the clock."

It was nice to have someone to talk to.

In an hour he had everything on his list and bid her farewell. She discovered she couldn't leave the lab now that she was tied to the holographic array. A shame she couldn't roam as she had before.

Six trips to the semi he had a renewed vigor. So much for sleep! People counted on him now. Naaa! He just knew he would drive off of the road and kill himself. Game over for planet Earth.

"Naptime!"

The trucks bunk was comfy. He wore himself out rubbing one off to Sune Yi's photograph. Strangely it was almost as if she were actually watching him which turned him on even more. Honor amongst thieves! As he snored away, he missed out on a miraculous sight. The rabbit he had touched earlier was still hopping about. Evidently, smaller creatures survived longer than humans.

Maybe there was HOPe.

12