Political Affiliation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,380 Followers

Alice and I chatted for several hours. I was still trying not to be too forward. I liked Alice, but we were both married, and I was a little inexperienced at the romance game. The guest room was cozy, but the master bedroom would have been nicer. Tomorrow, I would have to force myself to be a little bolder.

I woke up to the smell of sausage and biscuits. Alice waited until I presented myself, with whiskered face, before she started the eggs. She was happy and perky. It appeared that she got most of her clothing from L.L.Bean. It suited her far better than the fancy clothes she wore in the city. She was proud of the quince jelly, because she had made it herself. I had to admit, it was good. When the first pot of coffee was gone, I used it as an excuse to go shower and shave. I felt comfortable enough to talk with her all morning.

The rest of the morning was spent walking around the property. There were several hundred acres, which were fairly secluded. The river formed the border on one side and the main road on the other. I never saw so many rocks in my life. It looked like a glacier stopped to rest there a million years ago. After lunch, Alice introduced me to a small room full of fishing equipment. Her eyes lit up when she saw my excitement. Two weeks would not be long enough.

I tried several times to get a cell phone call through to Janice with no luck. The lodge had electricity, but no phone. Alice said that was how her father wanted it. Who could argue with that logic?

While Alice busied herself with a few small household chores, I inventoried and explored the equipment room. I didn't have a NY fishing license, but Elwood was kind enough to leave his fishing vest with a license attached. I did not believe a fish and game warden would be interested in checking this stretch of private water, but it wouldn't hurt to wear it.

I selected an old bamboo fly rod with dilapidated eyes for my evening project. The rod was at least fifty years old. Most of the glass eyes were cracked or missing. It was perfect for what I wanted. The old Mitchell spinning reel I discovered needed a good cleaning and some lube. In the corner was a broken spinning rod with just the right eyelets. I was looking forward to tomorrow.

The spaghetti dinner that Alice put together that night was delicious. The only thing missing was some fresh Italian bread. I compensated for the lack of bread by having a second beer. Although it was summer, we decided to build a fire. It was cool enough so that we didn't feel uncomfortable, and I have to admit it was romantic. It only took a few hours to fasten the spinning eyes to my bamboo fly rod. Since I was ready for the next day, I got to spend the rest of the evening with Alice in front of the fire. She had an antique popcorn popper that we had fun trying to use. I think we burned more than half of it, but we did have a lot of fun.

The fire was starting to burn down when Alice looked at me. "You're not going to make me sleep alone again, are you?"

Needless to say, I missed the early morning fishing. By the time we crawled out of bed, it was too late for breakfast. We had omelets for lunch, or was it brunch. I was amazed that we were as compatible in bed as we were at the dinner table. Alice insisted that I go fishing after lunch. She claimed she needed a rest. It was nice to know that Allen had taught Alice the same bedroom tricks that he taught Marcie.

I hate to admit it, but I am an illegal fisherman. I spent twenty minutes collecting larva from the bottom of stream rocks. As bait, they were irresistible to the trout. As far as the state was concerned, they were not allowed. In less than an hour, I had four beauties. That night for supper, we had fresh trout and home fries. Alice also brought out the Mateus Rose, that she had brought just for the occasion. Things did not get better than this. I had forgotten all about my missing wife.

After five days of heavenly bliss I decided it was time to take a short trip to Plattsburgh. We had some burgers and fries. We got a cell-phone signal, so I was able to get in touch with Janice. Marcie was presently the guest of the FBI. Janice didn't know any more than that. I really didn't care.

I called the lawyer and found out that the divorce was right on schedule and no problems were anticipated. The real estate agent was pleased to let me know that we had an offer on the house, but unhappy because it was impossible to get acceptance signatures. I agreed to return the next day to sign the papers, but had no idea how they would get Marcie's signature.

I was getting ready to drive back to Pennsylvania the next morning when Alice told me it would not be necessary. We drove to the Plattsburgh Airport where a private jet was waiting for us. I had no idea how she arranged for the jet, or even knew it would be there. Two hours later, we were home. It must be nice to have a rich daddy. I took care of several small requirements, while Alice visited with her father. Three hours later, we were on our way back home, or should I say, to the lodge.

Alice picked up a few more bottles of wine and a case of Foster's. She also got some new undergarments, though I don't know why. It felt good getting back to the lodge. It felt like I belonged there.

Two weeks later we got a visit from Elwood Kincaid. Somehow or other, he had gotten hold of my final divorce decree. I was now a free man. He also had a death certificate for Allen Hoffman, who apparently drowned in the shallow waters off Montego Bay. No one had any idea what he was doing there, or how he got there. The FBI had no further use for Marcie. She was back living with Janice. Mister Kincaid had arranged for all the furniture and belongings from the house to be put in storage. I don't know if Marcie got any of it. My old job would be held open for me if I ever wanted to return.

I was looking forward to winter along the west branch of the Chazy River.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,380 Followers
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Danny's Dilemma His wife tried to put the horns on him.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
More Stories