Possessing Bella Ch. 04

Story Info
Bella returns to the company.
10.4k words
4.71
41.5k
39

Part 4 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,517 Followers

Bella woke in her own bed to the cheerful tunes of morning radio and felt an odd aloneness engulf her. She blinked her eyes to full wakefulness and looked around her room. She knew she had to move and contemplated the vast warehouse space that Sire lived in. That was not really what she wanted either. Truth be told; she didn't know what she wanted except that she didn't want to be here surrounded by all the things that were Mel.

She rolled out of bed and stretched her aching body. Sire had used her well over the last few days and as she walked to the bathroom, past the mirror, she noted some bruising that would take a day or two to heal. Going through her morning ritual of a full body shave in a steamy shower she considered what her priorities would be for the following weeks in the business world. She looked forward to the challenge of working with Kurt, and she smiled as she dried her hair and did her makeup.

Still clad only in her underwear she went to the kitchen in search of something for breakfast. She had made Sire some promises before he finally left her last night and one of them was to continue eating properly. She found as always that her kitchen was fully stocked and silently thanking Rob, who watched over her, agreed that living here did have its perks despite her feeling trapped by the memory of Mel. She ate cereal and toasted fruit loaf before going to get dressed.

She planned to go into the company early but realised she had no idea if there had been office changes or even how she would get there. She assumed Kurt would be in early and decided to head down to the front desk and get them to call her a cab or a company car. Leaving her apartment, she noticed the door to Rob's apartment open and poked her head in.

"Good morning, sweet thing," Rob greeted her from the comfortable lounge where he sat with a stocky looking man. "I have been waiting for you to emerge."

"Good morning Master Rob," Bella said cheerily. "Good morning," she added greeting the other man whom she did not know.

"This is Lincoln," Rob said by way of introduction, "He will be your driver while you're in town."

"Oh, I am sure I don't need a driver all of my own I was just thinking about buying a small car that I could just drive to work every day and maybe home on the weekends," she was startled by the announcement. "My old one seemed to have died, when I saw it at my parents place a few weeks ago."

"With traffic and parking and all it's just better this way," Rob reassured her while imposing what he wanted. "Stephen or I can take you home if you want to go on the weekend," he smiled. "It is always good to see Jenny when I am down there.

"Oh, okay, I guess," Bella acquiesced. "I just didn't want to put anyone to any trouble when I am happy to drive myself."

"No trouble at all," Lincoln said standing up, "I'd be out of a job otherwise. I am guessing you are ready to go then?"

"Yes, please," Bella grinned before turning back to Rob, "Do you know if they have changed the offices yet?"

"They have, but stop in and see Dianne and Kurt when you arrive they will be expecting you," Rob suggested. "It's good to have you back, Bella. Have dinner with me tonight."

"I sort of promised Jake I would have dinner with him at the club tonight and let him show me a new dish he was trying out," she said thoughtfully.

"Ah, good we can catch up there," he smiled, and she chewed her lip wondering if Jake would mind but she guessed not and returned his smile. He stood up with them and prepared to leave, "I might come in for the morning and see the shenanigans that go on with your return," he gave a small laugh at the look of horror on her face. "Rumour has it that your about to mount a hostile takeover," he laughed more fully, "and I have decided I want to see that."

"Well, you know, with the backing of a Middle Eastern prince and all," she said flippantly, but inwardly she groaned. She had just hoped to slide in undetected and start on her business plan that would begin a new career for her, one she had been really looking forward to getting off the ground.

She had just spent two weeks without the constant reminder of Mel and the pitying looks of her friends and now faced with the reality of it again her enthusiasm to return to the company waned. Taking a deep breath she resolutely took up the small briefcase that held her phone and wallet and a lot of empty space. Then she walked with the men down to the car park beneath the building.

Rob asked about her time with Sire on the short drive making her promise to tell him more when they saw each other that evening. Bella wasn't sure if she wanted to share very much of what had occurred during the two weeks with Sire. She was still working through all she had learned in her own mind, but she loved Rob and knew that he cared about her and only asked out of concern for her so she had agreed.

They entered the building through the foyer and as usual Bella was greeted warmly as if she had always belonged here in the world of big business and so she smiled and greeted everyone in turn. The lift was crowded, and small soft voices welcomed her back and said they were glad to see her looking so well. She did her best to make polite conversation and thank each person, but she was grateful as each of them exited on various floors before she reached the top.

Walking through to the executive suites, Bella endured another round of greeting and small talk until finally she stood in the anteroom hugging Dianne, who held her away and looked at her critically. "Had to run the gauntlet on the way up, didn't you honey?" She asked hugging Bella to her a second time.

"Yeah, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it will take a while for people to get used to seeing me every day again. I am really looking forward to starting this business plan though," she said her enthusiasm lightening her voice.

"I'm going to check in with Kurt," Rob said moving toward the door to the office, "You two girls take a minute, come in when you're ready."

Bella watched as the door to Kurt's office opened and closed. It felt strange knowing this was now Kurt's office, when it had always been Mel's. She had not been back in here since shortly after his death; when she had had a total emotional meltdown and her space here at the company had been changed. She looked with new eyes around the ante room that was now Dianne's office and had once been hers.

It had been redecorated and if she hadn't had the time to think about it she probably would not have even known it was the same office; it had been altered so dramatically. "I love what you've done out here," She said overly brightly.

"I am so glad you approve," Dianne again gave her an appraising look. "Oh Honey, we are all just trying to move on, in our own ways, it's okay to feel..."

"I know," Bella said softly reassuring her quickly, "It's all amazing really!" but her enthusiasm wasn't conveyed in the tone of her voice. Dianne frowned at her, and she continued quickly, "It will just take a little bit of time to get used to all the changes that's all. You really have done a great job."

"Well then brace yourself Honey," Dianne stepped behind Bella and took her by the shoulders as she propelled her towards the door to what was once Mel's office. Bella placed her hand momentarily on the closed door fighting the urge to drop to her knees before finally opening it and stepping in.

The changes in the vast office were startling, and Bella stood just inside the door, feeling unsure of herself. Kurt beckoned her further into the room and got up from his desk to embrace her. "How was your little adventure? Are you ready to get down to some serious business?" His smile was wide, and she felt the warmth of more than just his arms as they engulfed her.

"I'm looking forward to it!" Bella squeaked as she was crushed in the embrace.

"Good, I have made some plans for this week, but first things first, your new office and you will have to start interviewing for a new assistant," he stopped speaking as she gasped.

"Dorothea's not coming back?" she asked confused.

"She will be here to help you get set up, but it is best of you have someone else, especially for the travel you will need to undertake," Kurt said in a tone that sounded as if this was not a negotiable decision and Bella chewed at her lip once again nodding slightly. Kurt became suddenly serious, "Rob and I have discussed it, and we don't want any more dangerous liaisons like those down at the beach house. Dorothea is your friend and she loves you that, those things don't necessarily make for a good assistant. Understand?"

"Yes, Master," she said quietly. She was sad thinking that the consequences of her own actions had caused this but perhaps all was not lost as an inkling of an idea formed in her brain.

"Good," he gave her one of his boyish grins, "Now I have drawn up a draft schedule for this week, it will be a tough schedule but we have a lot to do in a small amount of time before you gallivant off on another adventure," he gave her a teasing look. "If changes need to be made, Dianne is the person to speak to or Patrick in her absence.

Confusion showed on her face as she went through her brain and found Patrick and Rhys from her last trip to the company. She smiled, as he handed her the draft schedule and a several other small folders.

"This is a short list for your personal assistants, this is a list of possible decorators for your new office, this," he held up a royal blue folder, "Is your business plan with quite a considerable amount of revision notes and suggestions. Read it carefully today, we will meet and start on smoothing it out tomorrow." He was so crisp and business-like. So unlike the easy-going Kurt she had always known. She guessed that filling Mel's shoes here was a difficult task for him, or maybe it was that she had never really had to deal with him in a business sense; he had always been so relaxed and jovial around Mel when she was there.

Wrapping her in his big arms again, his voice softened a little, "Dianne will help you with the rest, I am sure you remember enough from working with Mel to find your way around the executive floors. It's good to have you back, where I can see you more often, little one; I have missed you."

"And I have missed you," she returned his embrace whole-heartedly. "It's just as well I came in early, seems you will be a hard task Master," she gave a half laugh teasing him. "I guess I should go and find my office then," she said brightly, just wanting to get started now and thinking about all she had to do.

Kurt watched her leave. He worried about how she would handle her new position in the company. Mel had chosen her for her natural submissiveness, and there was no room for that in the business world, she would have to make some tough decisions and negotiations on her own eventually. He wondered if she realised that her training here would be just as difficult and exhausting as that in her other adventures.

He turned to Rob, "How is she really?"

"I always seem to underestimate that little girl," Rob shrugged. "She's pretty tough in her own way. Do I think she is over Mel and everything that happened? Not by a long shot, but if I had to bet on whether this plan of hers will work or not, I would put hefty sum on it."

"Let's hope you're right my friend," Kurt looked back at the door concern showing on his face.

*****

Bella followed Dianne out and down the corridor to what had been Rob's office where Patrick sat sipping an early morning coffee in the anteroom. Spotting them, he jumped up out of his seat and hurried over embracing Bella.

"Bella! Sweetie!" she grinned and hugged him back. "I know I said I wouldn't move but Master wanted it so much and who am I to refuse," he rolled his eyes. "It's not finished yet but come look, this whole floor has been nothing but interior decorators and hunky tradesmen for the last two weeks! I've been in heaven darling!"

Bella giggled and let him show her through the anteroom and into the large office that had an identical layout to what was now Kurt's office. Rhys Muldoon greeted her from behind his desk with a smile, "Good morning Bella, did you have an enjoyable break?"

"Yes thank you," she wasn't sure what the right term of address would be but knowing he was Patricks Master opted for the term, "Sir."

"I look forward to working with you I believe we have a meeting tomorrow," he glanced at Patrick who nodded in the affirmative. "I read your plan it has some merit but I have a few questions I would like to put to you. They can wait though as I can see Patrick beginning to pout as I have taken up to much of your time already. We will be seeing quite a bit of each other while you are here," He gave Patrick a stern look that spoke volumes despite his gentle, polite words to Bella. "As always nice to see you Dianne," he inclined his head. "Bella will have plenty of time to ooh and ah over all your hard work, Patrick. Let her go and start her day, she has a lot to catch up on, don't you," he turned to address her.

"I certainly do," she nodded, "I would love to come back though when I have more time," she smiled at Rhys and then at Patrick. It began to dawn on her that she was in a precarious position. She wasn't an assistant anymore, and she really wasn't one of the executives either, she was some sort of indulgence, like the weird cousin who had a job in the family firm just because they were family. She hated the thought that any of the real executives thought of her as not deserving of her place there. She decided that she needed to get to work and prove herself worthy of being there, before she took any more tours of other peoples offices.

"I really would like to see my own office before anyone else's," she laughed lightly. "Sorry for disturbing you Sir," Bella said in the same cheerful tone. The three left the office and went back out to the anteroom. "I am sorry if I got you in trouble, Patrick," Bella said quietly.

"Are you kidding? That was barely a half-hearted grumble," Patrick grinned. "Plus he is right, off you go we will have lunch on Wednesday," he said lightly.

"My schedule looked pretty full," Bella said, "I am not sure..."

"Who do you think made the schedule?" He winked at Dianne.

"You didn't think I would draw up that draft without adding a lunch or two with me, did you?" Dianne sounded appalled at the idea, and Bella laughed.

"Honestly, beyond wanting to find my office and sit down to look at this schedule I haven't really thought about anything!" She rolled her eyes, "It's great to see you both, truly I need my friends now more than ever, but I really just feel like I need to get started, or I will be the one in trouble."

"Okay honey, let's go," Dianne said and Patrick wished her luck as they walked out and down the corridor. A few turns later they entered a small office suite that look like it had been newly refurbished. The newly painted walls were neutral beige as was the carpet. The only pieces of furniture were an assistant's desk and chair on which stood a computer, and in the main office the same set up but with the addition of bookshelf also painted in the same beige as the walls.

"It's a clean slate, darlin', to make yours, just the way you want it," she gestured around the practically empty space. "I have some ideas if you want to catch up later, just give me a call. Do you want me to stay a few minutes? Or until Dorothea gets here?"

"No, I think I just need a few minutes to process it all," Bella said softly walking around the desk to sit in the chair. "Thanks for everything, Dianne. I am so glad your close by, I think I am gonna need my friends over the next two weeks," she smiled lopsidedly. "You better go back before Kurt thinks I have stolen his assistant, so I don't have to interview his short list."

"Look at you, being the tough business lady," Dianne teased, "I'm glad your finally close enough to reach out to too, you know I want details from last week though, right?" she asked with a laugh making Bella blush.

"Yes, you and everyone else," Bella laughed, "Whatever happened to no kissing and telling? It was great, different but great."

"That'll do for now," Dianne winked and swung and walked out of the office leaving Bella to her thoughts.

She looked around the space and knew that, the time with interior designers would hardly be necessary, she knew what she wanted. She wasn't sure how anyone else would feel about it but to her it would be perfect. What she needed was a project manager for it, or at least a procurement officer and she wondered if she had money in her budget for that instead. Truthfully she had enough money of her own now to do as she wanted, but her life here in the company, would never be that easy while she was watched over by two Masters and struggled to prove herself.

She wouldn't make waves today; she would do as she was asked, and interview all comers. She ran through her draft schedule, then picked up each item on her desk examining it. She had a new computer, an android that was obviously linked to the company server and all the stationary she might need was piled neatly to the side. Well she thought, no time like the present, she flipped open her business proposal and gazed down into a sea of blue and red markings and comments that had been scrawled over her neatly typed document.

She had barely made it through half of the first page when Dorothea came in. "Not much of a space is it?" She said looking around; Bella squealed in delight and got up and hugged the woman.

"I am so sorry I got you in trouble, if I had known..."

"You would have still run out every night," Dorothea laughed. "Don't you worry, trouble is what makes life interesting when you get to my age."

"Good because I think I might cause some around this stuffy place, and I need a shield," Bella laughed with her.

"It's so good to have you back. Do we have time for a quick chat?" Dorothea hugged her again.

"We will in a little bit, if you can start right away and make some calls for me, this morning?"

"Of course, sweet girl, I didn't think you would be ready with anything for me so soon," Dorothea was a little surprised.

"I have been thinking about this for quite a while now, so I am eager to get started," Bella grinned her excitement contagious, "and I am so glad you're here with me; I have a new job title for you once I hire a new assistant, if you want to stick around, at least pat-time."

Dorothea was a little overwhelmed; she hadn't argued the decision to remove her as Bella's assistant, in fact, she had instigated that conversation with Kurt. She had been feeling less inclined to return to full time work, but the opportunity to work with Bella on a casual basis was something she liked the idea of, and, so Kurt had agreed to take the responsibility for the change, so that Bella didn't feel one of her friends was abandoning her. She hadn't considered Bella's reaction to be quite so heartfelt.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked caught up in Bella's enthusiasm.

"Here's the list of interior designers I am supposed to meet with, check them out for me, I am after clean lines, metal and stone, sculpture maybe, if they are all cluttered cosy or wood and floral patterns then cancel. I know what I want; I just need someone who can get it for me," Bella said decisively.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with my indecisive, insecure, sweet little Bella," Dorothea laughed.

"I want this Dorothea, for me. I won't find another Mel; I realise that," she sighed, "and I need to show them... I need to show them I am serious about this project that I am more than just a sub Mel let play at being a business woman." She felt the tears that she hadn't shed for over a week well up again.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,517 Followers