Possessing Bella Ch. 15

Story Info
Bella begins to make future plans.
17.3k words
4.8
54.3k
34

Part 14 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,506 Followers

Authors Note: Thank you once again to everyone who leaves comments and feedback on my writing, it is much appreciated. Thank you very much to Aisielynn who continues to assist me with my grammar, she is absolutely fabulous I am sure you all agree. I cannot thank those people who commented after the hater at the end of last chapter I have never felt so lucky to have a group of loyal readers who would defend me as you did. I sincerely hope you enjoy this month's chapter.~ellie

*****

Bella smiled as Stephen drove into the carpark and pulled up. She was glad to be back and looked forward to seeing Rob and discussing her plans with him to merge the two separate sides of her life. Not that she would ever want her parents to see her in the club or at one of the lifestyle parties she had been to, but she wanted everyone that she loved to meet. She thought of Mel and how secret he had kept this side of his life from so many of the people who knew him. Ultimately, his and Jenny's secrets had brought such devastation to them all.

She smiled up at Stephen as he opened her door for her. She could see that a relationship with him would be more normal than her relationship with Mel ever could have been. The first time they had spent time away from her home or the club he had taken her to dinner and dancing. The memory of that first kiss made her smile more visible, and Stephen interrupted her thoughts.

"It's good to see you smile," he said softly as he placed his hand on the back of her neck and guided her into the elevator.

"I was just thinking of the two different worlds I occupy. Home is so normal and yet here is fast becoming normal but in a different way. I think that having my family and friends all together in one room will be weird but a good weird, you know?" She explained.

Stephen chuckled and shook his head as the elevator doors opened on the opposite side to what she was expecting.

"Did all of the furniture arrive already?" she asked.

"Yes," Stephen stepped to unlock the door for her. ""While you were at your parents I had some time to move your belongings over for you," He said before allowing her to enter the apartment first. "Your plans were so detailed," he continued following her into the room, "That it was easy to put it all together. If something is not quite right though I can move it for you."

"This is amazing!" Bella moved slowly into the room, barely recognising the apartment as Mel's anymore. "You had the walls repainted and everything!" Bella was in shock that so much had been done. She had thought she would need to be working both night and day over the next two weeks to have it ready for the Christmas party. "I can't believe you did all this," she turned to look up at him. "Thank you, so much."

"Look through the place, and when you're done I will show you some hidden features I thought you might like," his eyes smiled but his face remained serious.

Bella wandered through the large apartment slowly taking in the marriage of the antiques with the modern pieces she had chosen. She noted some changes in what she had planned, but they were so minor, and she had to admit they improved the aesthetics of a particular room. She was overwhelmed by the amount of work he had done in her absence. She realised, of course, that he would have hired tradesmen and movers to do the work. The sheer enormity of organising so much to be done in such a short amount of time was not lost on her, especially after the huge effort of designing her office.

A small pang of disappointment that she had not been here to see the project through from start to finish surfaced as she entered the luxurious bedroom with the large antique bed he had given her. All of her personal belongings made the room look lived in already even though she had yet to officially move in. She laughed at herself, she was moved in already. It was on odd sensation and she realised that this was the third time she had moved in the last year and not had to lift a finger. Still she had designed and chosen everything here this time, and that was a large step forward. Stephen had merely taken her plans and put them in place for her.

"I can't even begin to thank you for all of this, it must have taken so much work," Bella smiled and went to where Stephen sat, naturally kneeling close to him with a smile.

"So you approve then," Stephen's eyes twinkled with pleasure though he did not smile.

"Oh, yes, thank you," Bella knew she was repeating herself, but words seemed to elude her at that time. "I appreciate everything you have done. I'm amazed and astounded as well as so very grateful." The large open plan area looked to be twice the size without all the dark furnishings that had crowded it before the changes. The kitchen and dining area was certainly big enough for the dinner party they had started to plan with her parents.

"I'm not sure I have preparations for the party as an excuse to put off going to Jack and Dusty's ranch now," She chewed her lip thoughtfully.

"I think that the death of Vince Marino is reason enough for you to take a break over the holidays," Stephen said. "Though perhaps you would prefer to go now and start the New Year fresh without any formal commitments holding you back from doing what you want or making choices about your future." He knew he shouldn't push her this way. Dorothea had warned him of her confusion and insecurity, but he knew with absolute certainty that they could have a wonderful life together.

"I should probably talk to Rob and Charles before trying to change that schedule. People have gone to a lot of trouble to accommodate my wishes, and I don't want to be a brat about it," she smiled lopsidedly.

"Why don't you have them over for dinner and show off your new home?" Stephen suggested. "I am sure Jake would make whatever you liked."

"Maybe with such a wonderful new kitchen I could cook?" Bella asked as if seeking permission as well as reassurance.

"You do not need my permission for that. If you want to cook then I would like an invitation to this dinner myself," Stephen chuckled. It shouldn't have surprised him that she could cook and probably cook well but for some reason it did.

"I'm not a wonderful cook like Mum or Jake but I think I would like to do it," she chewed her lip. "Maybe they could come on Wednesday night, when the club is not as busy as the rest of the week. That will give me tomorrow to shop and make some preparations."

"Why don't you call Charles and see if he can make it," Stephen suggested. "I will let Rob know we are back. He wanted to see you once you were settled in and unpacked. He hasn't seen the apartment yet so you can show him around."

Charles had been delighted to hear from Bella and eagerly agreed to the dinner invitation on Wednesday. By the time Bella had finished the phone call Rob was on his way up from the club. So Bella went into the kitchen to see if it was as well stocked as the small kitchenette in her tiny apartment next to Rob's had been.

"I think we should celebrate, don't you?" Stephen said from behind her as she opened the refrigerator door. He reached past her and took out a bottle of champagne.

"You really have thought of everything, haven't you?" She grinned and turned to impulsively hug him, feeling his arms wrap around her in turn. "Thank you," she said for the umpteenth time.

"You're very welcome Bella. I enjoy looking after you," Stephen bent his head to kiss her lightly and smiled.

Rob arrived moments later and swept Bella up into a tight embrace. "It's good to have you back, little brat." He kissed her forehead before placing her back on her feet. "How are you doing after everything?" He seemed to scrutinise her as she answered.

"I am fine, honestly. I am doing much better than poor Jenny," she said sadly. She was glad that Rob hadn't ignored what had happened or tried to sweep it away with a grand gesture.

"Yeah, we've been in contact a few times. She's looking forward to getting away once the house sells and the estate is all wrapped up," Rob nodded his agreement.

"Why don't you show Rob around the apartment and I'll open the champagne," Stephen suggested.

"I've only just arrived myself, or at least it feels that way, so we can explore together," Bella grinned and took Rob's large hand in her own. Bella found new things to enthuse over, giving credit to Stephen for putting all her ideas together and making it work. Rob praised her designs, colour schemes and small feminine touches that he lamented his place sorely needed.

"It's good to have you home little brat," Rob wrapped her in another embrace. "I will miss seeing you every day as you skip off to work." They went back out to the living room and sat on a comfortable sofa.

"You can come by any morning you like," Bella tilted her head as she looked at him, "You don't need an invitation. You have never needed one. You're part of my life. You're family in a way. I would be lost without you always being here for me."

"You were always the sweetest of girls," he pulled her to him and kissed her forehead. Stephen approached after giving them a moment and offered glasses of champagne.

"A toast to new beginnings," he raised his glass towards Bella, who beamed and looked once more around the room.

"To homecomings," she said.

"To family," Rob saluted and they drank.

"Speaking of family, I have invited Master Charles and Sera for dinner on Wednesday night. I would very much like you to come as well," Bella said carefully, lowering her eyes as Rob turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow showing his curiosity. "I umm... Have some questions about the training and what happens next year and umm," she gulped swallowing loudly. She peeked up at him seeing his eyes narrow at her.

"I will be here," Rob said after looking at Stephen, who seemed unsurprised by the request. Had it been anything to be concerned about Stephen would have told him, he was certain. The relationship between the two was growing steadily stronger, this apartment was testament to that. Rob knew Stephen well enough, however, to know he would not keep Kurt and himself in the dark about anything important when it came to Bella.

"Will you be inviting Kurt as well?" Rob tempered his curiosity sensing her reticence to discuss the issue yet.

"Do you think I should, I mean it has nothing to do with business but he is one of my guardians too so maybe I should, but then again..." Bella was speaking quickly her words jumbling with the rolling thoughts in her head. "Dianne hasn't been well though. She looked dreadful at home on the weekend. Mum thinks she is having a baby, but she would have told us if that were true, wouldn't she? I mean we are family, aren't we?" She saw the startled look on both of the men's faces and sucked her lip in to be crushed between her teeth believing she had said the wrong thing.

"In that case yes. I think you do need to invite him," Rob grinned. He turned to Stephen with a chuckle. "That might be the reason we have barely seen them at the club recently."

"It's not unusual for people to keep a pregnancy hidden for the first month or two to make sure everything is alright," Stephen's low bass mused thoughtfully. "She is fairly old to be having a first baby. If what Bella said is true, it would only be natural for them to be cautious about any announcements."

"It was only mum's suspicions," Bella was worried she had started a rumour that would snowball out of control. "It is probably not even true."

"Well, we'll soon find out won't we," Rob chuckled. "I just don't know what I did to entertain myself when you were away little brat. You always make life more interesting. I am looking forward to Wednesday night and all the other surprises you have in store for me!"

"Oh gosh!" Bella exclaimed. "I don't mean to be a brat honestly! I'm sorry. I don't mean to cause problems for you or anyone."

"Not once have you caused any of the accidents or chaos that surrounds you. You have nothing to apologise for," Rob's chuckle became a full laugh as he gathered her into his arms. "I love you, Bella. I love the woman you have become through all of the madness of the last year and if I call you a brat it is meant with teasing affection, not any criticism or anger."

"I love you too," she whispered into his chest, wrapping her arms around his torso and holding to him tightly.

*****

Rob and Stephen left to go down to the club. Issues had arisen in his absence over the weekend that Stephen needed to take care of, and Rob asked for his help. Left to her own devices, Bella explored in earnest realising it was the furniture, not the place itself that reminded her of Mel before all of the changes had been made.

Sitting at her desk, she called Andrew at work to begin catching up on all that was planned for the week and more importantly everything that had happened in her absence. She was pleased that he seemed as excited about the business as she was, and he had gone ahead on several projects she had earmarked as needing further investigation.

Buoyed up by Andrew's enthusiasm, she considered actually going into work for the afternoon. Realising she still had some work to do in the apartment to feel settled, she accepted his assurances that everything had been highly detailed in emails. Emails he had sent during the last week when she had been mourning the death of her friend. She would find them clearly marked in the subject line.

Bella smiled at that. Vince was her friend once, but she had a swirling mix of emotions when she thought about him now. She had left her father to deal with the fallout after the reading of the will and had not even wanted to think about it. She knew as she thought about returning to work that she would have to face the reality of what he had left to her where the company was concerned.

Hanging up from her cheerful conversation with Andrew, Bella turned on the new slimline laptop that sat before her. She hadn't wanted a big clunky desktop computer that would mar the antique look of the furniture in her study. As it hummed to life, she looked around once again, marvelling at how much work Stephen had accomplished in her absence.

She lost herself in firstly the emails from Andrew and then forcing herself to read the information from her father and the company lawyers regarding the legacy Vince had left her. She didn't remember having to go through all of this after Mel's death. At that time, the weeks and even first months following the shooting blurred in her memory as if she could only view them through a smoky haze. She wasn't sure she understood all of the legal jargon involved, but she got the general gist of the emails and was considering calling her father when she heard the door to her apartment open and close. She knew she had nothing to worry about here in her well-protected home, but the noise had startled her, and she froze where she was poised over the keyboard, staring at the door.

"Bella," Stephen's deep bass voice rumbled through the apartment and she let out a breath she hadn't even realised she had been holding. She gave a small laugh wondering why she had frozen the way she did. Perhaps she hadn't dealt as well with Vince's death as she thought she had because of the connection it had to Mel and the awful way in which he had died.

"Bella?" Stephen's voice took on a worried tone, and she could hear him moving closer.

"I'm here," she finally found her voice and got to her feet. "I lost track of time catching up with some work stuff." She apologised meeting him in the doorway of the study.

"I can see that," he looked past her to the open laptop on her desk. "You seem on edge. Is something wrong?" His brow furrowed and his voice still carried the weight of worry.

"No, I am fine. I was just lost in thought when the door opened, and I froze for a moment. I can't even explain why, I know I am safe here," she gave a half smile and blushed.

"I should have called and told you I was on my up. This is your home now, and you have proven to everyone that you are recovering well from your ordeal," he stopped and pulled her into his arms as he saw her face fall. "I brought us up some dinner. Come, and you can tell me what's going on in that pretty little head of yours while we eat." Stephen guided her from the study back out into the living area.

Sitting at the table Bella looked at the variety of tapas he had brought for them to share. "This looks great. Thank you, Sir Stephen," she smiled genuinely at him. "I hadn't even realised I was hungry until I saw all of this," she was grateful that, as always, he was looking after her in such a way as to pre-empt her needs.

Stephen wanted to be that constant reassuring presence in her life that she would seek out when she was feeling out-of-sorts and he knew that he was possibly pushing into unwelcome territory by his constant attentions. Dorothea's warnings rang clearly in his mind. He worried more so when he saw that her wide smile didn't manage to reach her eyes.

"You stayed up quite late watching movies with you mother last night. Then we had an early start this morning as well. Maybe after a good night sleep the work matters won't seem so overwhelming," he suggested carefully, still unsure of what she was thinking or what had made her freeze when he entered the apartment.

"You are right as usual. You know me so well," she helped herself to some fresh sea scallops drizzled with mango sauce. "This looks so amazing."

"David has finally talked Jake into letting him add some Tapas dishes to the menu," Stephen chuckled. "He is pretty good. You don't need to tell Jake I said that though," he warned with a chuckle. Swallowing her mouthful, Bella nodded her agreement and helped herself to more.

Seeing Bella relax with the food and the wine, Stephen tried to keep the conversation light. He laughed about Kurt and Jake's flirting with Rosie and the stoic resignation of her father who took the competition in his stride. Bella obviously loved her parents, and though Joe was a loving father it was clear to Stephen that he had always been a dominant figure in her life. He imagined that Joe would have been a strict authoritarian during her formative years which moulded the beautiful young submissive she had become. It was quite unusual he thought, when so many girls rebelled against that sort of authority, Bella it seemed had accepted it.

With her parents, Bella was carefree, or at least less prone to worry than she was here in the city. He knew her well enough to imagine it was because there was no confusion for her there, she knew what was expected of her, and she did it. The last year here in the city with new friends and a new life had brought her constant confusion and instability. It was no wonder she still had moments of panic and insecurity. Still he wanted to know what had caused her to react that way earlier tonight.

"That was so good," Bella sat back in her chair, placing a hand over her non-existent belly. "I am so full I couldn't eat another bite." She began to gather up the plates and take them to the kitchen. Stephen considered how to handle the obviously touchy subject as he took their wine glasses and went to sit on the couch as she cleared the table and cleaned up.

"Come sit beside me tonight," Stephen caught her hand as she went to kneel beside him. "I'd like to know why you froze when I arrived, and why your eyes looked so sad earlier tonight," he said gently, pulling her to lean against him and running his fingers through her hair softly.

"I'd just let Dad handle everything about Vince's will after all that nastiness," she sighed admitting how weak she was in facing her problems. "It seemed like the best thing to do at the time, but I have to at least face the work side of it now. It changes things slightly, and lawyers need to be involved again," she tried to explain. "I don't remember much about this stuff after Mel..." her voice petered out.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,506 Followers