Possessing Bella Ch. 17

Story Info
Bella visits the ranch.
14.4k words
4.78
58.8k
44

Part 16 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,533 Followers

Authors Note: Thank you once again to everyone who leaves comments and feedback on my writing, it is much appreciated. Thank you very much to Aisielynn who continues to my second set of eyes, she is absolutely fabulous. I apologise that this chapter is late life has been a busy, busy time for me and my writing has had to take a back seat for a little while. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. ~ellie

*****

All of the freedoms Bella had earned for herself over the past six months had disappeared after New Years Eve. She had company for every meal to make sure she ate, and she couldn't put a foot outside her door without someone being there to escort her. Charity events she had been planning to attend had been cancelled on her behalf without any consultation, and when she tried to go to visit Dorothea in her new car there was general disapproval. Finally, she changed her plans to a more suitable time so Stephen could accompany her.

By the time she walked into the old woman's kitchen with her, leaving Stephen to his phone calls in the living room, Bella had burst into tears. Hugging Dorothea, she sobbed not saying anything, just enjoying the comfort of being close to the one person who she felt understood her better than anyone else. She felt Dorothea's body stiffen slightly and lifted her head knowing what she would see. Stephen stood in the doorway, concern written all over his face.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Bella announced, unable to deal with the look on his face, "Unless you want to follow me in there too?" She went to walk past him, and he grabbed her, frowning down into her face, puzzlement mixed with disapproval showing clearly. The Bella he knew would never speak to him like that. Bella looked up silently, holding his gaze with red-rimmed eyes.

"Let her go, Sir Stephen. She will only be a minute or two," Dorothea intervened. Bella pulled her arm away as his grip loosened and walked slowly down the short corridor hearing Dorothea demand an explanation.

The words of Rob rang in her head, "Trouble seems to find you, little brat." She was constantly under scrutiny for things that were out of her control. One randy young guy grabs her at the club, and suddenly she is a prisoner again. He didn't mean to hurt her the way he did, she was safe, and there were enough people in the club to have saved her from any wrong doing. She had been saved! Now she was back to where she had been six months ago, with her every step shadowed and watched.

"You can't put her in a cage and expect her to be happy!" Dorothea's voice was raised as Bella came out of the bathroom. "I warned you that she would run if you restricted her again. I am surprised all you're getting so far is a little bit of backchat rather than her running home, where she at least has some trust and freedom." Dorothea shook her head disgustedly. "All you arrogant men wax on about consent and choices and then take hers away."

"She was in danger," Stephen bit back angrily.

"Bella's was in danger from what?" Dorothea demanded, "A kid who just needed a clip around the ears, and a lesson on protocols?" She was unrelenting. "Where is that danger now? Is there some reason she couldn't have driven herself over here and picked me up for a ride in her cute little car like we planned?"

"The boy is being taken care of," Stephen's jaw was working as he ground his teeth together angrily.

"I'm sure," Dorothea shook her head. "Be thankful she is going to Jack's place and won't be pushed into making a run for freedom or resent you for stopping her."

Bella stood just beside the doorway, out of sight, listening. She wanted to work and build her business and enjoy her friends and family like any other normal person. What she wanted and what she could have though seemed to be two different things at this point though, and she felt the frustration building another wave of tears behind her eyes.

She looked at the front door. She could just go, take a drive and face the consequences when she returned that evening. Except Stephen would probably call the police and have her hunted down like a fugitive. There was no easy way to break into the conversation in the kitchen, so she took a deep breath and stepped forward into the doorway where they could see her.

"I won't run," she said into the silence. "I don't want to run away from everything I have worked for," Bella looked into their stunned faces. "Dorothea is right though, I do resent being caged up like a prisoner for something that could have happened to anyone. What she doesn't see or understand is that you," she touched Stephen's arm gently, "and Rob feel guilty about letting me go into the club uncollared." She smiled sadly, "It is me that should have known better, Mel warned me about that. It was a simple mistake, but one made by me. One I won't make again. Just as I need to trust you, you have to trust me to learn the lessons and move on." It wasn't anything she hadn't said before, but it seemed this time Stephen listened. She saw his face soften, and the anger dissipate to almost a look of relief.

Dorothea stepped forward and wrapped Bella in a tight hug. She was proud of how much Bella had matured over the last year. She was a beautiful and accomplished young woman who did not know her own worth or why the men in her life were so overly protective of her. Dorothea loved her all the more for that complete lack of ego.

"Why don't we call Lincoln and get Stephen a lift back to the club," Dorothea said with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Then you and I can go for that drive you promised me.

Drawing a deep breath, Bella smiled a bit sadly, "Would you mind terribly if we did it tomorrow?" she asked quietly. "I think I need to have a similar conversation with Master Rob and maybe even Master Kurt. If I am ever going to have the semblance of the normal life I have been trying to create behind all the false celebrity and lifestyle restrictions, I need to talk to them about all this." She waved her hands about as if all this was an obvious notion.

"Of course, sweet girl," Dorothea looked at her with a sense of pride. "It will give us even more to talk about," the old woman grinned. "You've grown up so much this year, I barely recognise the confused young woman I knew not so long ago."

"That has more to do with your wisdom and the friendship you give me so freely," Bella impulsively hugged the frail older woman to her. "I love you, Dorothea."

"I know, and I love you too." The embrace lasted a long moment before Bella reluctantly let go and pulled herself up, straightening her shoulders. She turned back towards Stephen, who had been watching as the anger that had flared in the face of Dorothea's accusations disappeared with Bella's gentleness.

"We should go back now. I have some things to sort out, and I will be too busy tomorrow to get everything done I need to before I leave for Jack's ranch," her face held a steely determination. She walked to the front door. Farewelling Dorothea one last time on the doorstep, they drove back in silence.

Once back in her apartment, Bella called both Rob and Kurt and asked them to dinner in the club. Then she went about getting ready. She smiled, acknowledging that she never had any doubt that either of them would agree to the meeting. She was spoilt by both men, and she knew that they loved her enough to accept her invitation whenever she asked them to meet with her. Then she went about getting ready. She had a statement to make, and she wanted them to have no illusions that she was thinking very clearly about her future.

By six, o'clock she was dressed and ready. Her hair was pulled off her neck in a high style. The fading bruises on her throat sat above the simple chain and lock that Mel had given her as an everyday collar both inconspicuous and yet telling of her unavailability to the average dominant in the club. She did this not just as self-protection. She had purposely not tried to hide the bruises with make-up to make a statement to her guardians that she was not the fragile little doll they assumed her to be. She would no longer run from the things she found hard to face or confusing. She would be stronger than that and meet her challenges head-on. There was no need to cage her. She was strong and confident, and she knew what she wanted in her life. What she wanted didn't include bodyguards or the amount of restrictions she currently endured.

It was Rob who came to collect her. She had asked Stephen to allow her to meet with her guardians alone. It wasn't that she needed his permission as such, but she cared about him. It was indeed very probable, if she was honest with herself, that she loved the big, serious, darkly handsome man and didn't want him to feel as if she was excluding him entirely.

"You're looking lovely tonight," Rob eyed the still evident bruises on her neck and the chain that hung just below them as she greeted him at the door.

"Thank you, Master," she smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "You look as wonderful as ever," she stroked the leather covering his hip as she threaded her arm through his, and they went down to the club. Smiling at Kurt as they entered, Bella made her way to the small booth at the back of the restaurant where they would have dinner. The prompt waitress smiled as Rob began to order for them, knowing the menu by heart it would seem, and Bella knew this was the time to act and start the conversation that needed to happen.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I would rather not have the salmon, please, Master." Then she turned and spoke to the waitress, "Would you mind very much bringing me a menu. I don't think I have ever seen one myself in this restaurant." The waitress gave Rob a started look as if expecting him to decline the request, but at his imperceptible nod she looked back at Bella.

"Of course, I'll just be a moment," she turned from the table as Rob looked at Bella, raising an eyebrow.

"I thought you liked the salmon here," he said, slightly puzzled by her request.

"Nobody ever gave me a choice but to eat it. The only time anyone has asked what I would like to eat is when I call down and order from upstairs," she laughed seeing the looks on their faces. "I just couldn't choke down another piece of salmon," she said apologetically. "I think the time has come for me to stop choking down a lot of things." The waitress returned with their menus.

"Would you like to order drinks?" the young woman asked.

"Is it possible to get just a glass of the sparkling Villa Maria?" Bella inquired before Rob could speak for her again. "I had it over the holidays, and it's just lovely," she said enthusiastically.

"That sounds good," Kurt said easily, "bring the bottle and two?" he inclined his head toward Rob, who held up three fingers, "Three glasses," Kurt finished.

"Thank you, Masters," Bella smiled and looked down at the menu. "This menu is larger than I expected," she gave a half laugh. "Do you both have time for three courses?" she asked. "I would like to try an entrée as well if you don't mind," she said thoughtfully.

"I can always eat," Kurt chuckled, "and it's been a while since I have had a good look at this as well."

"What the hell," Rob agreed and looked over the menu. It wasn't that he needed to, but he glanced at it as he puzzled out the mood that Bella seemed to be in. The waitress returned with the wine and took their orders. Bella took a sip of her wine and sat back, looking at the men who were such a large part of her life. She had worked out exactly what she wanted to say, but now sitting here and facing them, it didn't seem right somehow.

"I love you both so much. You are as close to me as my parents. We're a family of sorts," her words rang with sincerity and her eyes shone with the love she felt for the two strong men. "Thank you so much for everything you did for me last year. It's because of you both that I am here at all, let alone the strong, confident woman the media claims I am. You listened to what I wanted, considered it, and gave me what I needed. I honestly don't know what I did to be so lucky."

"That was a moving little speech," Kurt said with a hint of a smirk, "I bet the shoe you're about to drop is gonna be a clanger." Bella looked at him with widening eyes.

"Come on, little brat, out with it," Rob chuckled.

"I can't go back to living like a prisoner," Bella burst out. "I've worked so hard to gain everyone's trust. I didn't go crazy when Vince died, or the reading of his will. I have followed all the rules and restrictions placed on me since the media got hold of my name," she paused and took a breath. "What happened at the party here was just awful, but it wasn't my fault or anyone's fault except the guy who didn't understand what the club was about."

"He's being dealt with appropriately," Rob murmured darkly.

"I understand that, but what I don't understand is why I am being punished," she hated the angry, petulant tone her voice had taken on, which made both men look at her in consternation.

"You're not being punished, Bella," Rob said in frustration. "We are only trying to protect you."

"Protect me from what exactly? There is no real imminent danger is there?" Bella borrowed the words of Dorothea from that afternoon. "I almost ran away this afternoon, like I did when things got too overwhelming in the past, but I don't want to run. I love my life and the people in it. I want to see my business flourish and once this training is over, I want to find a man who will accept me as I am, not just my submissiveness but also my other qualities. I can't do any of that locked in a cage though, I can't even visit the woman whose advice I trust more than anyone's by myself right now."

"She's got a point there, Rob," Kurt conceded. "Even with Dianne there are limitations as to how much control I have, and yet we give ourselves no limitations in regards to ordering Bella's life as if she were a child." By tacit agreement, it had been Rob that had always looked after her personal welfare, while Kurt had cared for her business assets and career. "She has more than proven her ability to make sound decisions in the past six months. Personally, I would rather we give her a chance at the freedom to make some choices about her life than lose her trust and faith in us to advise and guide those decisions." He picked up his glass and sat back, thoughtfully taking a sip and watching Rob's reaction.

What Kurt had said made perfect sense to Rob, but his heart could not take losing her to some stupid dumbass like Deon. He stayed silent as he tried to reconcile her needs with his need to keep her safe and close. Bella reached out and put her hand over his, gaining his attention from the deep contemplation he had been in, and smiled softly.

"You could try to trust me the way that I trust you," she said softly. "I won't take unnecessary risks. You must know I realise the dangers now."

The food arrived, interrupting their conversation, and Kurt deftly steered the conversation onto other topics, allowing Rob time to think. He knew that Rob's feelings toward the diminutive young woman wavered between fatherly concern and a growing love that craved more from the girl than he had wanted from anyone since Kitty's death. He feared though that the time for Rob to declare his feelings had passed as he observed the hulking figure of Stephen step out from his office. From a business point of view, Stephen had already shown not only his acceptance of Bella's career but had also encouraged it on some levels. He turned back to the conversation at the table with a cheeky grin as they finished the main course.

"Did you tell Stephen that you were feeling like a prisoner? You know he is possibly even more over-protective of you than either of us," Kurt nodded toward the man who was speaking with some of the club members.

"In a manner of speaking," she replied guardedly. They looked quizzically at her, so she continued. Taking a deep breath, she admitted, "I sort of lost it at Dorothea's today, and when I went to the bathroom, she said what I couldn't at the time. I walked in on a fairly heated discussion they were having."

"I'll bet," Kurt chuckled. "I've always found it prudent to listen to Dorothea when she has something to say. The consequences of not doing so can be disastrous." He looked meaningfully at Rob.

"I wouldn't mind hearing what she had to say to the big guy," Rob nodded thoughtfully. "I expect, given the interest you have both expressed in each other, he should be part of this conversation. Why don't you go and invite him over for dessert with us?" Rob suggested, looking at Bella.

"I'll go," Kurt said, easily sliding from the booth and making his way across the restaurant to where Stephen stood.

"Trouble seems to find you, little brat. That's why we put these restrictions in place, not to be mean but because we love you. My heart broke when I saw you lying unconscious. My world would be so empty without you in it, and I am not sure I could sustain the loss of someone else that I love," Rob admitted.

"I know," Bella said softly, taking his hand in her own much smaller one. "I don't want to worry you constantly the way I seem to, but caging me up in that apartment is sucking the life out of me. I need to be able to make choices and decisions of my own. Even if it's just what I like to eat," she smiled crookedly. "Mel had known me most of my life. He could make those small, everyday decisions for me because he knew me so well. When someone tries to do that now, even with the best intentions, it's rarely what I would have chosen for myself. I need to have a voice and choose how to live my life. I chose to come back here to you and Kurt. I chose to work and train with you both guiding me. That guidance though has been so all-encompassing that, while I have made the best of it, I haven't been able to choose where I live or what I wanted to do since then. So many people weigh in and choose those things for me. The small voice I have is constantly unheard or drowned out by those who love me."

"Are you truly that unhappy?" Rob asked incredulously, as if it had never occurred to him that she would feel this way. She had always done as she was asked without complaint or rancour.

"I feel like I am in a constant battle to prove that I can be trusted to look after myself. Every time I seemed to gain some independence, something happens to reclaim it. Vince and now Deon," she lowered her eyes. "I just want to be able to go shopping after work. Or visit a friend like Dorothea and take her for a ride in my new car," she sighed. "Now I do sound like a spoilt brat."

"Yes, you are," Rob squeezed her hand. "As the big man would tell you," he nodded at Stephen as he sat, sliding along the bench seat. "We aren't mind readers. If you don't tell us how unhappy you are, how can we possibly know?"

"I have asked to go shopping, to visit friends, to move out to a place of my own, to have a car," she corrected him nervously. "My parents trust me to be safe and careful, to make good choices and I still listen to their advice and do as they ask. How is this any different? If the lifestyle itself is so dangerous that I need to be kept a virtual prisoner, then perhaps I chose wrong in coming back." There was sadness in her voice, and while it might have come out as an ultimatum in other circumstances, at this moment, the three men could hear the sadness and frustration in her voice.

"Perhaps we have been holding the leash a little tightly," Rob admitted. "I am not ready to remove it completely, however. Things have changed, and you have changed in light of recent events. All people in the public spotlight need people to watch over them, and you, little brat, have a way of attracting trouble to you."

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,533 Followers