Predator Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There were men at the bottom of the ramp, men in suits, and when his stretcher reached the men they looked at his chart, and one of them came over to him.

"Major Acheson?" the man said.

"Captain. American Airlines."

"Yes, Major Benjamin Acheson, United States Air Force Reserves. C-17 pilot. We have your file now."

"So. I'm a prisoner of war, I take it?"

"If there was a war, yes, you would be. But now you are just an enemy of the people, of the Soviet Union. You will be dealt with accordingly."

"I see." He heard a voice, a familiar voice, and he turned, saw Rutherford with a Russian colonel, laughing gayly now, her arm slipped inside his, and as he watched her disappear inside a black Mercedes sedan, he looked up at the sky - at a passing cloud. "The law of unanticipated consequences," he said, laughing a little.

"What was that, Major?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking. How funny life is, sometimes."

"Da. Funny. My family lived in St Petersburg. I am sure you think that funny, too."

And he did, in a way. He thought of Genie and The Duke, and of a butterfly sneezing somewhere on the far side of the world, and he smiled as they put his stretcher into the back of a dark green truck.

And he smiled when he thought of all the butterflies out there, just waiting to sneeze.

Share this Story

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Predator Ch. 04 Previous Part
Predator Series Info

Similar Stories

Lost Empire Ch. 01 A man discovers something that changes his life forever!in Non-Erotic
The Amazon's Pledge Ch. 01 A beautiful amazon pledges her sword and body to a sorcerer.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Save One Love Adopted daughter helps wounded father find love.in Romance
Catching Colleen A ballplayer discovers love is not a game.in Romance
Life as a New Hire Ch. 01 Cáel gets an offer that is too good to be true.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories