Pulling On The Wool

Story Info
Sometimes things are just the way they are.
11.1k words
4.36
25.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
magmaman
magmaman
2,686 Followers

The name is Dan Florintine. Barely twenty one and just having fun, that was me. Six foot tall and in shape at 180 pounds, blond hair kept on the rather long side, cute as a bug's ear, which is word for word what Mom told me lots of times.

Easy to believe, the mirror told me the same thing. Lopsided "up to something" grin, quick with a wisecrack, and growing up talking to complete strangers every day about anything and everything blended total confidence into the mix.

I didn't go on to college, probably should have but my folks owned an auto parts store.

Actually several of them, it was one of those franchise deals where the main company sets up the program, supplies the inventory and the stores sell off of the inventory. Then once a month everything is added up and the main company sends a bill.

Usually what was left over was pretty good.

Especially since my Mother kept some parts lines around that were our own brand, some with over 100% markups. I never did know how she figured all of that out and got it all done, but I did have a few suspicions.

My Mom was the driving force in our family, way back before I was even born she and Dad bought the property that the first store was on, beginning with mostly private brands.

Mom had insisted on that. At first, breaking into some major brand lines was tough, there were of course regional salespeople, local, then main warehouses and the like, all taking a piece of the pie.

The systems and people involved in the distribution is what cost the money, the product and the packaging is normally just a fraction of retail.

Mom knew that, so she began touching bases with manufacturers. Of course they wanted to protect their own customer base, which meant they did nothing to upset them.

Like sell product to some tiny little auto parts store. That kind of stuff can create a big outfit out of a tiny one, and that means competition.

Major brands don't like competition much. Things happen, like suppliers suddenly jack up the wholesale price, or say product is "out of stock" or even go so far as to refuse to sell.

All because one of their BIG customers tell them to..or else.

Sure, that stuff is illegal. It happens every single day.

Which also means that the part you pay $30 for cost someone somewhere about a buck. Then all the middlemen in between grab a piece as it goes by, so yep.

$30 to you.

Anyway, that is the auto parts business, and I grew up in the middle of all of that.

+++

So Mom started having certain items made by smaller manufacturers, insisting on nothing but the very best quality.

That meant she was often flying all over the world. I remember once when I was about 8 years old, she came back from a business trip to China. That time she was gone 18 days.

That one I remember because things between Mom and Dad were very cool for quite awhile and I had no idea why. Mom fixed things by turning into the happiest person in the world, always kissing and rubbing up against Dad, cooking all the things he liked best.

Like I said, I was only 8 years old but I noticed that.

The next trip a few months after was to Australia, and my Mother insisted that Dad go.

Dad came back empty handed, saying something about no way could they cut a million dollar contract.

Mom left just a few days later, she was back in a couple of weeks with a contract in hand.

I had no idea at all at the time how she did that, but somehow she always managed.

Our colorful F/A logo began to appear on the boxes.

Then other parts stores started wanting things, so Mom sold them cases of stuff at discounts.

By the time Mom had selected and purchased the 3rd property for another store, then bought a warehouse down by the river, the sales people were coming by with hat in hand.

Mom was still taking those trips, some back east but often to other Nations.

She did send Dad a few times but he usually came back without a contract, or paid way too much.

Mom always came back with the contracts, and she never paid too much for anything.

Other than that one time, there were no more arguments.

+++

I had a broom in my hands by the time I was six, the school bus dropped me off at the store instead of at home like all the other kids.

When I was in my middle teens I was as good on the counter as anyone.

Florintine Auto Parts, it was called, of course. If a part was even made for any make or model, our stores had it. Even if we didn't have it on the shelf we could have it the next morning, the truck rolled in every day at 10 O'clock.

My job was mostly cleaning up and stacking the shelves. Customers come in, pick up items and pack them halfway across the store, then set them down where they don't belong.

My job was to find those and put them back.

By the time I graduated from high school I knew where everything went.

Actually, I thought I knew everything about everything, too, in spite of my Mother's best efforts. She loved me, no, she worshiped me, but she was also firm and took no nonsense.

Like I said, Mom was the driving force behind everything, if my Dad was left to his own devices, he would be living in a tent out in the woods with his fishing tackle.

My Dad loved to catch fish, and he often took me along. Those were always good days, just the two of us.

But Dad's pleasant and easy manner helped with customers, everyone liked him. He knew just how to stand, how to speak, and he could really sell people stuff. I did my best to copy that and in time got pretty good at it myself.

What Dad just could not do was buy products, he was way too nice and sales reps usually got the best of him.

My Mother had no troubles with that at all.

Mom was of course a catalog, she knew every part number in every manual we had, and by the time I got out of high school we had those little discs that had all the info about parts on them.

That helped a lot, sales became easy and fast.

Except for Dad, the one time I saw him put his foot down was when Mom came out to collect all the manuals because we didn't need them any more.

There was quite a discussion, damn near an argument. I went and hid a few rows over, in all my life I never saw them go at it like that.

Finally Dad went in the back room and threw the main power switch. He came back out and looked at Mom.

"Now. Look something up YOUR way!" He said.

Mom stared at him for several long seconds, then she walked over to him and kissed him.

"I'm sorry, honey." Was all she said. Mom had changed almost instantly from being stern, being the boss into something completely different.

Dad's crossed arms came down, he was holding her and I saw that clearly. Mom manipulated him with ease.

That was the moment I realized just how beautiful my Mother was, up until then she had just been Mom. She had switched from an in charge attitude to something entirely different in seconds.

Dad got to keep his manuals.

Still, Mom ran the stores.

+++

The stores made good money, I was set for life because Mom and Dad paid me about twice what they could hire anyone for.

I was one of those only sons, you see.

Cute as a bug's ear.

No point in going on to school, Mom and Dad doted on me, I got just about anything I wanted.

Mom and Dad made me manager of one of the stores about 30 seconds after I got out of high school.

I was feeling my Oats, and wanted to get going, out into the world. The truth there is I wanted to have some girl friends and I couldn't bring them home.

I had discovered girls quite some time before, but experimenting in cars was awkward. I decided to sneak one into my bedroom.

I did that just once, her name was Kathy Simpson. We had the house all to ourselves since my folks had left to have a nice dinner, one thing led to another and Kathy came with me into my bedroom.

To look at my new computer, of course.

Time flies when you are having fun, is the term.

I guess we made some strange noises because Mom came into my bedroom to see what was the matter and caught us. Dad was right behind, I saw him looking over Mom's shoulder.

Our positions could be described as delicate, I was doing my best to hold back as long as possible because I was enjoying the hell out of having lots of room and Kathy was actually lifting me clear off the bed, trying to get more of me inside of her.

I think he liked seeing Kathy like that, he was sure grinning. Kathy let out a squeal and grabbed a blanket while I tried to get my hands on enough of it to cover up my stuff.

Which was going off all by itself at that exact moment.

And Mom standing there with her mouth hanging open.

Dad grinning.

Kathy was..well..sort of not dressed just then and I wasn't either, not even socks. Kathy did finally let go of enough of the blanket for me to cover up, barely, after I yanked on it several times.

Of course that let one of her rather nice oversize titties poke out and Dad was looking some more. Kathy brought one hand up to cover her bare boob, the other hand jamming the blanket between her legs.

Mom got all sorts of upset and chewed me out, going on for at least a half hour about birth control and all sorts of diseases.

That came later after Kathy went out the front door with her head down and her face all red.

I didn't try that again. Dad never said a single word about it, except to mention that Mom really wasn't all that upset, she just wanted me safe.

Finally that was over, totally embarrassed at how my Mom and Dad had caught us, I went into the living room.

I heard funny noises coming from the main bedroom a few minutes later, so I turned the TV up a little bit.

Later when Mom was busy in the kitchen Dad patted me on the shoulder, I think he was proud of me.

At dinner, Mom kept looking at Dad with a smile. Dad was in a very good mood. Not a word was said about earlier, so I kept my mouth shut.

+++

Anyway, I found a nice Condo and bought it not too far away. Mom didn't like that much but by then I was 19, and I really wanted to do my own thing. I could have bought a house but cutting grass, trimming brush and fixing stuff was not in any of my plans. The condo units had a management company, part of the deal.

I bought myself a shiny new bright red Corvette, too. It had six speeds forward and could go like the holy hubs of hell.

That took all the money I had saved up for college but I had no plans to go anyway.

I was lucky I guess, pretty much set for life.

Mom shook her head when she saw my new car, Dad just grinned.

Kathy came by my condo regular as clockwork, she had plans of her own but when she figured out I wasn't going to make any permanent deal out of it, she wandered off to hook up with some skinny dude that was going to medical school.

I knew all about women in very short order, and one thing about being a cute guy with cash in his pocket, there was no drought of females.

That first year the only time I ever slept alone was when I was tired and didn't want any company.

Yea, more than one young woman went all fussy after spending a few nights and then finding it was not going to be a love, marriage, and babies thing.

I learned very quickly to always be somewhere else rather than at my Condo when I let them know, too.

Pissed off females tend to throw things, break stuff.

Yea, I know. Some might say I was taking advantage but from my point of view most of them were coming on to me rather than the other way around.

It took me only a very short time to figure out that women really were thinking exactly the same thing I was. They were looking at me and thinking "maybe" while wondering how I might be in the sack and I was looking at them, same idea in mind.

I very quickly discovered that women like sex too, and once I knew that, hooking up with one of them became extremely easy.

Add in a fancy car, pretty good source of funds, not bad to look at and the ability to get them giggling quickly?

Working in the store all day with people made things simple, I was used to carrying on conversations.

There is the old saying that if you want to sell something to someone, you have to talk to them.

Which really means, listen.

One thing I never did do was overlap relationships, I always cleared the air before moving on to the next woman.

Well, I at least made sure the first one was out of sight.

+++

I was seeing this one gal named Karen, brown hair and big boobs. Kind of big everywhere in fact, and I had already seen her with her Mom down at the grocery store.

Her Mom was really big, which told me what any future with Karen was probably going to be like.

Bossy too, and Karen had a little bit of that in her. Still, to me we were just having fun.

So it was already in the cards to break things off when one morning my delivery truck arrived.

A woman was driving, now I had seen a few women drivers before, usually grandmother types with thick arms and even tattoos.

This one was about 5'3" tall, long sandy brown hair, an upturned nose with a smile on her face.

T-shirt, blue jeans that looked like someone had to stuff her into them, a set of medium sized breasts that sure were not encumbered by any bra. I could easily see the two bumps in the front where her nipples were.

"Hi! I'm Sarah. Where do you want me to unload?" She asked. She tipped her head up to look at me.

I looked down into a pair of eyes that were huge and green with little gold speckles in them.

I guess the right word is that I was lost, just like that.

Green eyes and hair with every color there is mixed in it, and a sly smile like she knew damned good and well she just gave me a hard on.

I helped her unload, looking her over every chance I got. But the damn phone rang and it was a customer pissed off that his order wasn't there yet, hell, he called it in two days before and his shop was 2500 miles away. I explained calmly that three day select meant three days, not two but he was upset anyway.

By the time I got unhooked from the phone, Sarah had already left.

That evening I had the chat with Karen, not too bad actually because she was probably expecting it. We had a nice dinner, then she wanted to go back to my place for a last roll in the hay.

That was different, so we did exactly that. Karen was gone when I woke up the next morning, so was the bag of Cheetos I had just bought.

I couldn't find my box of cream filled doughnuts, either, although I did find the empty carton in the trash can. Karen must have eaten the 10 of them that I knew were still in there all by herself.

That made me pretty sure my best guess on her future size was correct.

Karen had been fun, but it was time.

I had set my sights on getting some of that Sarah gal.

+++

When she came in to my office with the shipping forms the next day for me to sign, I asked her out.

"Sorry, I can't." She told me. No "Sorry, married." or "I have a boyfriend."

Just "can't?"

I have to say I really wasn't used to that?

Over the next few weeks I tried talking to her, did some flirting, all of my little tricks got nowhere at all. Got her laughing, too, even doing the little flip of her hair with her hand, all of it.

Interest, no doubt at all. Any good salesman can spot that with ease. I even did the duplicate her body language stuff, trying to develop one of those more personal moments.

She did that right back.

Then "Sorry, I can't."

We did visit, talked a little, as much as both of us working would allow. I found out she was an only child, and had lost both parents in a house fire years before. She had been on her own since she was barely sixteen.

The way she spoke and moved belied her now 19 years, this was no girl, Sarah was a woman. I found myself looking out the front window for her truck to arrive.

Friendly, confident, teasing, lots of smiles and all the signs of interest but I got a "No, thanks" every time I suggested we get together.

That was driving me nuts.

Finally I gave up, everyone strikes out once in awhile I guess.

The chats kept up though, every single weekday she showed up at 10 on the dot.

She even met my Mom just once, Mom was in my office talking to me about a new line she had interest in and was wanting to know if I could sell it.

Of course I could. Then Sarah came in with the forms, we talked a little bit as Mom sat there quietly taking it all in.

"You like her, don't you son?" Mom asked the instant Sarah was gone.

"Yea, Sarah is cute."" I answered.

"That one is way beneath you, son." Mom said.

I didn't answer, that is what Mom had said about Kathy way back.

"Seriously, Danny. You can pick any woman you want."

"Sarah won't go out with me anyway." I told her. I guess I probably sounded a little irritated at my Mother.

"Oh, really?" Mom sounded surprised at that.

Then one Monday morning some guy was driving the truck, he was a relief driver and had no idea where Sarah was. I figured that was the end of that, Sarah was gone and I realized that I really did like her, even if I had gotten nowhere at all.

Then two days later there she was.

"So, where have you been?" I asked when she came in.

"Oh, just some things to deal with." She acted a little bit different, I had no clue as to why.

Sarah started to leave, then turned back to me.

"Say, Danny? I am having a party at my place tomorrow night, would you like to come?" She smiled at me.

I would and I told her so.

Sarah grinned, jotted down the address for me and left.

I was jumping for joy!

+++

It was damn near 100 miles, her place turned out to be a 60' long mobile home, one of those with a kick out living room on one end and another on the bedroom end.

There was a deck outside sitting on cement blocks, and a small pasture sloping down to where I assumed was a creek from the row of trees.

There must have been twenty people crammed in there. I found Sarah in no time. She introduced me around, there were a few comments about my Corvette which I was used to.

It did stand out surrounded by muddy pickups and older Chevys and Fords. I had parked right next to a Pinto with a cracked front window, that turned out to be Sarah's.

If you have ever been to a party where you just did not quite fit, then you will understand. I think that Sarah sensed that, because she stayed fairly close all evening.

There was one pretty girl there that kept looking at me and tugging at her blouse, giving me quick peeks of the upper portion of her tits. She did look nice but I was still interested in Sarah.

At one point she came over to talk to me, even told me her name but I instantly forgot it. She was really pushing me to get my attention, but then Sarah came over and took my hand, wanting to dance.

"Mine." She said to the girl, who just shrugged.

Sarah didn't plaster herself to me, we just danced. I smelled her hair, it was a mix of shampoo and a hint of some kind of flower. She felt really good in my arms, at one point she turned her head sideways and pressed her cheek to my chest.

Tiny compared to me, Sarah felt like a doll, and her movements were right with me.

Drinks were flowing, normally I have pretty good control over the booze but I didn't really know anyone but Sarah.

I lost track at around four drinks, there was always one in my hands. Someone was smoking what I knew was pot, I never touch the stuff after trying it back in high school and ending up hugging bushes.

But when inside I guess the smoke gets a person anyway because things got real slow there for awhile.

Everyone there except for just a few appeared to be couples, and I did notice they paired off quickly.

This was all different from parties I was used to. Sarah was right there all evening, thank God, or I would have been a wall flower.

magmaman
magmaman
2,686 Followers