Punishing The Unruly Son Ch. 01

Story Info
Mom and sister decide on 'Petticoat Punishment'.
7.3k words
4.28
161.9k
125

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 11/11/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RandomAuthor
RandomAuthor
1,744 Followers

It was the third time in the last two weeks I'd found Mom crying alone in the house. This time, she was standing in front of the washing machine, silently weeping to herself, wiping her eyes as she placed towels and washcloths into the washer. She didn't hear me behind her, but as I watched, she finally broke down into a full cry as she closed the lid of the washer and turned around to see me standing there.

"What happened this time?" I asked. Although I didn't have to ask, I knew my little brother, Bobby, probably had something to do with her tears.

"Your brother took my car keys again, Sandra." Mom said, wiping her eyes. "He just took them..... right out of my purse without asking me..... and walked out. He said something about meeting some of his friends."

Bobby had done stuff like this before. His increasingly bad behavior toward Mom and me was something we'd tried to talk to him about numerous times, but, it never did any good. Ever since Dad died, Bobby had been on a downhill slide -- skipping school, lying, stealing money from Mom's purse and mine, too. Mom and I knew Dad's death was rough on Bobby -- it was rough on all of us, but Dad's passing seemed to affect Bobby in a way none of us understood. He turned into an inconsiderate, mean kid, harboring some kind of resentment and bitterness toward our mother, and it eventually spilled over to me, too.

It was a shame, because Bobby had always been such a loving child toward Mom. He used to cuddle with her when it was cold in the morning, and fall asleep with his head in her lap when we watched TV. He was her little buddy, and he was initially so protective of her when Dad suddenly died. But then, something happened and he started being cruel and mean, and no one could figure out why.

So, when I graduated from college last May, Mom asked me in desperation to move back home, at least for a while, thinking my presence might help us get back to being a family and getting my little brother straightened out.

It was wishful thinking, I realize that now, but I tried. I tried to do things with him, tried to talk to him, even tried to get him to go to family counseling with Mom and me, but, he wouldn't even discuss it. He just assumed he was the man of the house now and he could do whatever he wanted to do, regardless of how it impacted us, or, who it hurt. Bobby had turned into an insensitive, disrespectful, eighteen year old punk with a potty mouth who saw both Mom and me as his personal servants.

That night after dinner, Mom and I sat out in the living room and talked. I told her I was fed up with his bullying and his attitude. I warned her that I'd call the police the next time he took something out of my purse or out of my room, but, Mom begged me not to.

"He'll grow out of it." Mom said. "He just needs some time. He's rebelling against the world for taking his father from him, that's all."

About that time, we heard a crash coming from the garage and Mom and I both ran out there. I was completely livid to find my brother slumped over behind the wheel of Mom's car and the front of her car smashed into the back of my car.

Bobby smelled like alcohol, and when we shook him to see if he was okay, he finally opened his eyes, pushed us away and stumbled out of the car. Mom tried to look at him to see if he was hurt, but, he shoved her away and told her not to touch him. Mom and I both stood there shocked as we watched him stagger into the house and turn toward his room.

Mom and I spent the next hour backing her car down the driveway and checking over the damage on both our cars. The damage wasn't really that bad -- mostly the plastic pieces at the front of her car and scratches on my back bumper. But, I was still furious and almost called the police, but, Mom talked me out of it, promising me she'd take steps to end his behavior and assuring me my car would get repaired right away.

I went to sleep angry that night and I woke up in a bad mood the next morning. After having a quick shower, I found Mom in the kitchen making breakfast -- the whole house filled with the aroma of coffee and bacon. She was in a remarkably good mood, smiling and singing along with a song on her favorite classic rock radio station when she saw me.

"How come you're in such a good mood?" I asked. "Did your car repair itself last night while we were sleeping?"

"No." Mom said. "Better than that. I made a decision about your brother...... uh.... what to do about him, I mean."

"Really?" I answered. "Are you going to call the police? He was obviously drunk last night, Mom, and he's underage. Maybe some time in jail is exactly what he needs."

"Sandra," Mom said, turning to look at me, "calling the police and sending your little brother to jail isn't the answer and it's not going to fix anything. The problem is that he doesn't respect us..... and he doesn't have any male influence to correct him or set an example."

"So?" I said. "And you think you know how to change all that?"

"I think so." Mom said, leaning against the kitchen counter. "I know one thing for sure; I don't have the strength to fight with him anymore. I know this is all happening because your father isn't here, so I'm going to try one last thing and if it doesn't work, he'll just have to move out and do the best he can on his own."

I saw tears build up in Mom's eyes as she told me this. I knew it was hard for her to say those words, and, she must have had a tough time arriving at this decision. And believe me, I knew she'd walk across a bed of hot coals for him, so to hear her say he might have to move out, I knew this was serious.

"Sandra," Mom said, looking up at me, "go knock on your brother's door one time and tell him breakfast is ready. Tell him I'll dump his plate in the trash in five minutes if he's not at the table."

Stunned to hear her finally begin to take a stand against Bobby's behavior, I happily walked down the hall and knocked once on Bobby's door. When he didn't say anything, I spoke up, saying through his door, "Bobby, your breakfast is on the table. If you're not there in five minutes, we're throwing it in the trash."

Smiling to myself as I retuned to the kitchen, I helped Mom pour us all some orange juice and set out the silverware and some napkins. When the table was ready, Mom and I sat down and we started to eat. Mom kept glancing up at the clock on the stove, telling me she wasn't kidding - she was really going to dump his plate in the trash if Bobby didn't join us before the five minutes was up. Judging by the look on her face, I believe she would have done it.

But, Bobby finally came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes, wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that smelled like it had been soaked in beer. He sat down without even looking at either Mom or me and started shoveling food into his mouth. Smacking his lips and using both hands to feed his face, I bit my tongue as my pig little brother ate his breakfast.

"Bobby," Mom said, setting her napkin down in her lap and looking over at him, "I've got an envelope of money to give you."

Mom's comment immediately caused Bobby's eyes to pop open and he looked up at her. I was even more surprised, feeling like she'd mislead me about her resolve to do something about my little brother's attitude, and I started to get a little mad. Looking over at my mother angrily, she disregarded my stare and spoke to Bobby again.

"After you're done with your breakfast, you get yourself cleaned up, have a shower, put some clean clothes on and then we'll talk." Mom said to him. "When we're done, you can have the money."

Bobby didn't say anything, but, once he heard Mom was going to give him an envelope of money, he started gulping his food down twice as fast. About two minutes later, he stood up from the table, picked up his glass of orange juice and left the kitchen without even saying one word -- not a word of thanks to Mom for making him breakfast.... not even a question about the envelope of money.

After he left, I gave Mom a scathing look and asked her what she was doing. "Don't worry about it, Sandra." Mom answered. "You have to trust me on this, and I'm going to need your help to pull this off. Right now, what I need you to do is go along with everything I say. Alright?"

"I sure hope you know what you're doing." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. "Do you really have an envelope of money for him?"

"Uh huh." Mom answered as she got up to start clearing the dishes from the table. "A thousand dollars in cash. But, Sandra," Mom said, "right now, I want you to go hide your purse and your credit cards in case this back fires on me. Then, I want you here with me when I talk to your brother."

I heard the shower turn on and Mom and I looked at each other. "I bet this is going to be the quickest shower in history." She said to me. "You better hurry and hide your stuff and get back here before he's done."

I did what Mom suggested, taking my purse, keys and check book out of my room and placing it all inside one of Dad's old army boxes in the garage. Mom was right, Bobby's shower was over quickly and by the time I got back in the house and joined Mom in the kitchen, my little brother was pulling a clean t-shirt over his head and walking through the kitchen doorway.

Mom pointed to the kitchen table and told Bobby to sit down. When he did, Mom sat down across from him and gestured for me to sit down next to her. As soon as I was seated, she began to speak.

"It's obvious to me you're not happy living here." She said to Bobby. "I know it's been difficult since your father died, and I kept hoping things would change, but they haven't."

"Sweetheart," Mom added, "I feel like you don't appreciate anything I do for you. You never have anything nice to say to me, or your sister. You take our things without asking, and, quite honestly, the incident with the cars last night proved to me you need an opportunity to do some growing up."

"So," Mom continued after taking a breath, "I'm going to give you some money to help you get started on your own. It's not much..... a thousand dollars....... but, it might be enough for you to find an apartment with one of your friends. You'll have to find a job, but, you're out of high school now and it's time to be on your own."

"You're kicking me out?" Bobby barked.

"Don't look at it that way." Mom answered.

"I love you, son." Mom added. "But, I can't do this anymore. I can't keep waking up each day wondering what you're going to do that day. You're welcome to move back once you've been on your own for a while and proven to me you can act in a civilized manner and behave yourself."

Bobby sat there staring at Mom as she spoke. He looked at me and I sat back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest and didn't say a word. Inside, I was jumping with joy at Mom's new assertiveness, and it was extremely amusing to see my little brother finally getting what he deserved.

"You're actually kicking me out?" Bobby said. "Your own son.....you're kicking your own son out of the house?"

"Bobby," Mom replied, "you can't blame me, can you? After the way you've treated me? After the way you've treated your sister? You're obviously not happy here..... you treat us like we're in your way and I just thought you'd be happier elsewhere."

There was a long period of silence between us. Bobby shifted in his chair several times, looking up at Mom, then over at me, and back to Mom.

"There is another way." Mom said, casually. "I'm sure you would think it was cruel and completely unfair. But, it's either that or moving out, and I need an answer right now...... while you're sitting here."

I could see the look of despair that washed over my little brother's face and I took great pleasure in chuckling to myself at his dilemma. Still, though, I wondered what this mysterious other choice would be.

"What's the other way?" Bobby asked.

"Punishment." Mom answered, calmly. "It would last a week..... seven full days."

"What kind of punishment?" He asked. Bobby's tone of voice had changed dramatically and I could tell he was worried about the graveness of his situation.

"I'll discuss that later after you've made you're decision." Mom said, coolly. "But, you should know that if your behavior hasn't completely changed at the end of that seven days, and stay changed forever, you're still going to have to move out."

Bobby's face went blank and he started to say something, but then he stopped. Finally, he looked up at Mom and said, "Look, I'm sorry. For the car.... and the way I've been mouthy. Can't you give me another chance? I promise I'll get a job and pay for the car repairs."

"I'm afraid there's no more chances, Sweetheart." Mom said, quietly. "Too much has happened..... you've said, and done, too many hurtful things for me to just trust you that you're going to change. You either have to accept the punishment or move out. It's as simple as that."

Mom reached her hand over the table and grasped his hand. "I love you, Bobby. I really do, but this is for your own good..... and for my sanity. You need to make the decision, and you need to make it now."

"Can't you tell me what this punishment would be?" Bobby asked.

"Honestly," Mom replied, "I'm surprised you'd even ask me that with the way you've acted over the last two years. If you want to stay in this house, you'll have to accept the punishment and comply with my terms, or, take the money and move out."

"I warn you, though." Mom added. "I'm completely serious about what I said before. This punishment is going to seem harsh, and I can guarantee you're not going to like it. If you decide right now to move, you've got one thousand dollars to get yourself going and on your feet. If you decide to take the punishment and then back out, or fail to complete the punishment, I'll reduce the money to five hundred and you'll be asked to leave with that. And," Mom continued, "if you finish the punishment period and your behavior doesn't stay changed, you'll get nothing and still have to move out."

So, there it was -- all condensed into a nice, easy to understand summary for Bobby's feeble mind to consider. He was eighteen now and out of school. She wasn't leaving him completely high and dry without any options. He could leave now and take all the money, or accept the punishment and make the best of it.

"It's not fair that you won't tell me what the punishment is." Bobby said, raising his voice a little.

"Watch your tone with me, young man." Mom said, briskly. "I've said everything I'm going to say. The punishment is just that -- punishment. It's not meant to be fun, and as punishment goes, I give you my word you this will be the something you'll never forget. That's all you need to know."

"And, frankly," Mom said in an urgent tone, "you know very well the way you've treated your sister and me, and if you're going to be punished for two years of bad behavior, that ought to give you an idea what's in store for you."

"But," Mom said, calmly, "if you complete your punishment cheerfully without arguing and without causing us any grief, all will be forgotten and forgiven. We'll go back to being a family like we were before your father died, and you're welcome to stay as long as there's harmony in this house."

"So, you won't tell me anything about this punishment you're talking about?" Bobby asked.

"I can tell you this," Mom answered, "you're my son, I love you and I'd never hurt you. But, your ego is going to be bruised and you're probably going to be embarrassed, humiliated and hopefully, you'll be ashamed of yourself and your actions. Maybe it will be enough to teach you a lesson.... at least that's what I'm hoping for."

"But, don't underestimate my resolve to make this uncomfortable and significant, Sweetheart." Mom said sternly to Bobby. "And, don't think I'm exaggerating about what you're going to go through. If you want to be part of this family and keep living under this roof, this is what you have to do. You have to pay your penance as proof to me that you're sorry and you can change."

"Okay, I get the fact you said this isn't going to be fun for me." Bobby said. "Where does she fit into all this?" Bobby asked, pointing to me.

"Your sister is part of this family and you've been disrespectful and hurtful to her, too." Mom replied. "She'll play a part in your punishment, that's all you need to know."

We sat there together and Bobby re-asked all of his questions two or three more times and Mom gave him the same answers each time -- nothing more and nothing less. We'd been sitting there at the kitchen table for thirty minutes when Mom finally stood up and slapped her hands down on the table and looked at him angrily.

"Enough." Mom said, loudly. "I'm going to take a shower. You're going to sit here and think about this until I come back, and then I want your answer."

With that, Mom walked out of the kitchen and left my brother and me sitting there. I looked at him and he looked back at me. "I can't believe she's doing this." He said.

"You know," I answered, "you're an inconsiderate prick, Bobby. You don't realize the agony you've put her through, do you? She cries all the time thanks to your sorry ass. Her life is a total shit hole because of all the pain you cause her. Why don't you do us both a favor and just take the money and get out."

I stood up and left, leaving my little brother sitting there by himself. Personally, I didn't know what he was going to decide, but as far as I was concerned, I hoped he was going to take the money and move out. Despite what Mom thought, I didn't think there was any way he'd ever change, and I wasn't about to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore.

I went up to my room, closed my door and sat on my bed to think. After a while, Mom knocked and asked if she could come in. Seeing me sitting there, she sat down on the bed and looked at me. "If he takes the punishment," Mom said, "I'm going to need your help, and that means you're going to have to do some things that might be uncomfortable for you to do. But, if we succeed, it will be worth it, and your little brother will become someone you and I will both be proud of."

"Are you going to tell me what the punishment entails?" I asked her.

"No." She said, shaking her head. "Not until he makes his decision, then I'll discuss it with you alone, and then we'll both fill him in, together. He has to see you and I are united in this, or he'll try to find a way to weasel out of it. Trust me on that."

Mom and I talked for a few more minutes and then she took me downstairs to the kitchen to talk to Bobby. He was still sitting there.... all alone, in the same place he was when Mom and I left. When he saw us, he looked up at Mom and it looked like he'd been crying. His eyes were red and they looked watery.

When Mom and I sat down, she looked over at me, then at him and simply asked if he'd made his decision. He tried to apologize for what he'd done and begged her to give him one more chance, but, Mom wasn't buying it. In a way, I felt sorry for my little brother -- I could see the fear and anguish in his face, and I knew he was petrified about his fate.

"All I need to know," Mom said, interrupting him, "is if you want the punishment or the money so you can move out. That's all. Just answer me."

"If I take the punishment then you guys will completely forgive and forget?" He asked, a lone tear running down the side of his face.

"That's correct." Mom answered. "But you have to complete the punishment, obey us and be one hundred percent compliant with the terms of the punishment. And," Mom added, "you have to permanently change your ways. Then yes, we'll forgive and forget everything."

"Okay." Bobby said, as his eyes began to tear up. "I'll take the punishment."

RandomAuthor
RandomAuthor
1,744 Followers
12