Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why do you need me?" Elizabeth wanted to know. "I'm not connected with the police."

"Well, the problem is a little unusual, Ma'am. We found a truck nearby, a box truck, nineteen-footer...and it was full of Chinese gals. None of 'em speakin' much, but one of 'em said they were going to New York. They got jobs there. And they just come from China, on a boat."

"How many girls, officer?"

"As best I can tell, something like ninety."

"Ninety? In a nineteen foot truck?"

"A-yup. Packed like oysters in a tin can. Smell about the same, too."

"Isn't this a problem for the immigration people?"

"Probably so, a-yup, but you see...I think there's something else goin' on, and I heard you was good at talkin' to folks. So, I was wonderin' if, maybe, you could talk to these gals some, help us get a handle on where these folks is headed. Think you could?"

The detective helped her find the conference room where the girls were being held, and when he opened the door the sight she beheld was like nothing she had ever seen. Two hours later she was as angry as she'd ever been in her life – and she knew, too, that her life would never be the same.

+++++

This chapter (c) 2017 | adrian leverkühn | abw | just a little bit of story-tellin'

12