Quiet Sunday Morning

Story Info
Duncan's new friend helps him get over a cheating girlfriend.
7.5k words
4.62
53.2k
82
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,055 Followers

*Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

Disclaimers: This story is edited by myself, using Microsoft spell check. You have been forewarned.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Duncan White sighed and wearily got out of the car. It was a 2003 Toyota Camry; ran reasonably well and was fully paid for.

It was not the 2016 Lexus that Amanda was driving. He had decided that he could wait one or two more years for a new car, but his baby needed a new one right now.

He trudged up the steps to Apartment 4E and fished out the key. Thank God for Mark, a buddy that was working off-shore. Mark said he could crash at his place until whenever.

"I mean, shit man, I'm off-shore all the time anyway," Mark had said as he gave Duncan a copy of his keys. "You'd be doing me a favor, know?"

The door of 4D opened and Duncan saw a beautiful young woman step out. She had thick blonde hair that reached to her shoulder blades, a pug nose, and pouting lips. Duncan couldn't see her eyes; she was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Her small breasts were covered by a loose halter top, her belly was slightly concave, and her hipbones were visible in the low rider denim cutoffs she was wearing. Her legs were sleek, lightly tanned and her cute little feet were jammed into cheap flip flops.

"Who you?" she asked.

"I uh, I'm a friend of Mark," Duncan said.

She pulled her sunglasses up, pushed them on top of her head, holding the blonde hair out of her eyes. Her eyes were a beautiful light blue and her eyebrows were thick, a slightly darker blonde than the hair on her head.

She stood, regarding him for a long moment.

"Got a name or what?" she finally demanded. "You on the lease?"

"Duncan," Duncan said. "Duncan White. And uh, no, I'm not on the lease; I'm just crashing here for a couple of days or so."

"Then car needs be in the visitor's spot," the girl said, closed her door and walked away.

She had a beautifully compact butt. Each cheek stuck out and wiggled and waggled as she walked away.

"He said I could use his spot while he ain't here," Duncan called out.

"Then need you a permit hanger," the woman said.

"And uh, you got a name?" Duncan demanded.

"I just don't need any more shit from beautiful women think there shit don't stink," Duncan snarled as he slammed Mark's apartment door shut.

He was placing his belongings into the small hall closet when there was a knock at the door.

"Yes?" he called through the door.

"Tawnee, from next door," a voice called back.

"Hang on," Duncan said.

He opened the door. The girl from 4D was standing on the landing in front of the second floor apartment. Duncan saw that they were both roughly the same height, five foot six and so.

"I'm Tawnee Soileau, four d," Tawnee said. "Seriously, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but if your car doesn't have a parking permit, management will tow it. Need to park over there, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," Duncan nodded.

Their paths crossed a few times over the next few days. Tawnee began to smile at him and Duncan did return her smile. She was an attractive young woman; Duncan guessed her age to be about twenty one or two, a few years younger than himself. In the morning, she would leave, dressed in a very becoming array of dresses, blouses and skirts. In the afternoons, she seemed to favor very skimpy clothing.

"I'm an Admin at King Sanitation," she revealed. "Minute I get home? I'm out of my clothes quick as I can."

"So, there's just this wall separating me from a gorgeous blonde running around naked?" Duncan joked.

She smiled, revealing perfect white teeth. Then she waggled a playful little finger at him.

"Shame shame," she said. "You just reminded me; I'm only one little wall from a gorgeous hunk of a man running around naked."

"I don't run around naked," Duncan laughed.

"I do," she retorted and closed the door.

"Tease!" Duncan yelled and heard her laughter through the door.

A few days before Mark was due to return, Duncan saw Tawnee at the complex's mailboxes. She was dressed in her usual business attire as she stood, looking at a letter.

When he walked up, he heard that she was moaning. She glanced up and he could see that her eyes were red and there was a trail of tears running down each cheek.

"Oh," she moaned.

Duncan found himself holding onto a gorgeous young woman that was sobbing. He stood, rubbing her back, holding her close.

"It's from my momma's lawyer," she moaned. "I knew she was sick, but..."

"Oh, Tawnee, I'm so sorry," Duncan gasped.

He walked with her from the mailboxes to her apartment. He followed her into her apartment and naturally looked around.

It was the first time he'd been in her apartment. It was very tastefully appointed. The loveseat was a light tweed in color, with red pillows in each corner. The red pillows matched the two leather chairs and the one leather ottoman. She quickly fixed them both a strong drink and urged him to sit on her loveseat. She sat next to him, slipped her pumps from her feet and sat, legs curled up underneath herself.

"Because my mother doesn't approve of some choices I've made, we don't talk," Tawnee mumbled.

She took a hefty gulp of her Jack and Coke. Then she stared into the glass for a long moment. Duncan could see some fresh tears beginning.

"Heard she was sick," Tawnee whispered. "But, I'll go see her tomorrow. I'll go next weekend."

She waved the envelope with the logo of Richards, Pellichet and Jones Law Office printed on the upper corner.

"You haven't read it yet," Duncan reminded her.

"They're not sending me a notice that she's fine, Duncan," she snapped.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed and put her arms around him. "God, I don't, I'm such a bitch. I don't want to be but..."

Duncan again held her and patted her back and shoulders. Finally she pushed away. She put the envelope on the coffee table, picked up her drink and drank half of it in a series of tiny gulps.

"So, uh, why aren't y'all..." Duncan asked.

"Let's just say, my mother doesn't approve of the way I live my life," Tawnee said.

Duncan knew enough about women to know, he wasn't to press the situation. He nodded and downed his own drink.

"But, you, huh? Why's a handsome man like you need to crash on the couch of a greasy, hairy Neanderthal? You have a job, right?" Tawnee said.

"Mark's not that bad; he's a good friend. But I uh, my girlfriend kicked me out of our apartment," Duncan said.

That wasn't entirely true. Amanda had not kicked Duncan out of the luxury Lambert Circle apartment. But Duncan couldn't see living there while Amanda Richards was fucking her old boyfriend, Chad LaPointe in what used to be his bed.

"Come to find out, they'd never really broken up," Duncan said miserably. "She's living with me and minute I'm out the door, Chad's in there, bouncing on her. Hadn't forgotten my lunch? Would have never found out."

He reflected back. Looking at it now, it all made sense. He had proposed marriage twice. Each time, Amanda had smiled and asked him to please give her more time.

"I'm not saying no, sweetheart, I'm just saying not right now," she laughed her musical little laugh.

"Lease in your name or hers?" Tawnee asked.

"Mine," Duncan said.

"Utilities?" Tawnee asked.

"Mine, Duncan said.

"Need cancel all that shit. Now," Tawnee advised.

Duncan smiled. He nodded his head in agreement.

"Damn, Tawnee, not only you beautiful, but you smart too," Duncan said. "Wish I'd met you before Amanda."

"Met me now," Tawnee said, placing a dainty hand on his arm.

"Yeah I did," he agreed.

She fixed them both another drink. Then, when they'd finished those, she shooed him out; she needed a nice relaxing bubble bath, then probably two or three more drinks before she could read whatever was in that envelope.

"I'm right next door," Duncan said. "Hear? I'm right next door."

"Thank you," she murmured and pressed her full lips to his.

Duncan did what he could on his cell phone. Mark was one of the few people Duncan knew that did not have a computer. This fact was abundantly clear from the stacks of pornographic dvds Mark had on his entertainment center.

'Asian Sluts' and 'Asian Gangbang' and 'Asian Lesbians' were among the exclusively Asian titles Mark had. To Duncan these golden skinned women were attractive, but he preferred the blonde haired, large breasted women. The women like Amanda.

But lately Duncan found his tastes beginning to switch from large breasts to the smaller breasts of his neighbor.

Checking on his phone Duncan saw that the PC Nation store was still open. But he'd had two pretty strong drinks. The last thing he needed was a DUI on his record. James Taylor & Associates did frown on their employees losing their drivers' licenses for drinking and driving.

"Shit; who opens at seven o'clock in the morning?" Duncan asked, when he looked at the store hours.

So, first thing in the morning, Duncan stopped at the PC Nation store, cancelled Amanda's phone, cancelled his own number and switched to a bigger, better phone and a new phone number.

He'd let Amanda have the better phone the last time they had upgraded. Well, let Chad pay for Amanda's phone. His last act from his old phone, before turning it over to the sleepy looking clerk, was to send Amanda a text that she needed to bring her old phone in for PC Nation to upgrade her to the next model. The clerk assured Duncan, if Amanda managed to bring the phone in before forty eight hours, he would not be charged the two hundred and ninety eight dollar replacement charge.

"And her damned Lexus," Duncan suddenly thought.

It was Amanda's car, but he was the title holder. She'd somehow managed to trash her own credit and had she been the title holder, the insurance would have been nearly a thousand more a year.

"Tawnee Soileau, I love you," Duncan actually laughed.

He did have to pay a fee, but the man at the dealership assured him, the car would be off his hands within seventy two hours. Young Insurance agreed to cancel the insurance as soon as Barry Toyota let them know the car was on their lot again.

The manager of Lambert Circle apartment complex shrugged; Duncan had one week left on his lease. He did not tell Duncan that Amanda had already been by the office, trying to renew the lease. When Lambert Circle asked for the rent for the following month in order to re-issue the lease in her name, she mumbled a few obscenities and left the office.

"I'll contact her and tell her need to do a walk-through tomorrow," the manager said. "Hate losing you; you were always on time."

With a shrug and a wave, Duncan left the manager's office. He resisted the urge to key Chad's ridiculous Dodge Charger as he strode past the bright banana yellow automobile.

"That's what I like to see; a smiling employee," James Robert Taylor complimented when Duncan strolled into the lobby of the investment firm. "Of course, you're three hours late, but, hey, long as you get here in time to clock out, right?"

"Three hours, oh, shoot, I'm almost late for lunch," Duncan joked and James smiled.

"Seriously, been dragging in here with a hangdog look for a couple weeks now, good to see you smiling again; Tiffany? I'm meeting Frank for lunch, back in about an hour or so," the man said and walked out of the building.

Duncan's happy mood disappeared when he returned to Mark's apartment. Tawnee was walking up the stairs and he could tell, from the way her head hung, she was unhappy.

He didn't even go next door to Mark's apartment. He just knocked on Tawnee's door.

"Hey," Tawnee said, face splotchy from her tears.

"Bad news?" Duncan asked quietly.

"Momma died last Tuesday," Tawnee choked out.

She threw her arms around Duncan.

"I didn't even get to go to the funeral," she wailed.

He held her while she sobbed, broken-hearted. He gently rocked with her, patting her back.

"Come on in; we're letting in all the mosquitoes," she finally snuffled.

She fixed two strong drinks and again they sat and drank. Quietly, she told him of how disappointed she was that her mother had died and denied her of one last talk.

"Who knows, maybe she would have forgiven me?" she asked.

"Forgiven you for what?" Duncan wanted to ask, but knew this would be an intensely personal question.

"Anyway, will was pretty straightforward," Tawnee said. "Left everything to me."

She smiled. But it looked more like a grimace.

"Surprised she didn't leave everything to St. Richard's," she admitted.

"That's where I go," Duncan admitted.

"Used to," Tawnee said. "Kind of like St. Thomas a little better."

They sipped their drinks.

"Anyway, let the manager know I'll be moving out next week," Tawnee said and linked fingers with Duncan.

She looked into his light brown eyes. Then she leaned forward and kissed him.

"But I'm glad I got to meet you," she whispered.

"Hey, uh, even though you won't be right next door, I uh, we can still see each other, right?" Duncan asked quickly.

"Well yeah," she smiled and kissed him again.

She lightly jabbed him in the chest with her finger.

"In fact, you're helping me move this weekend," she playfully said.

Duncan flexed his slender arms. She smiled and lightly stroked his face with her free hand.

Duncan White was a handsome twenty nine year old man, with sandy brown hair, light brown eyes, and pale complexion. He'd had a mustache and goatee while in college, but now sported a clean shaven look. His face was soft, round, with a strong nose and straight white teeth.

He was not muscular, but wasn't scrawny either. And he dressed in well-made suits, tasteful jeans and pull over shirts.

"Okay, I'll see if Mark has an extra set of muscles laying around," Duncan said.

"Quit it," Tawnee smiled. "I'm not picking up anything; I hire professionals do all this stuff."

She kissed him again and slid her tongue into his mouth. They kissed for a few minutes.

"But I do want you to come with me; I need to go to the house, see what needs to be done," she asked. "Duncie, I don't, I can't go there alone."

Mark was already home when Duncan left Tawnee's apartment. As was his usual, Mark nearly crushed Duncan in a bear hug. Then he complained light heartedly about all the food Duncan had eaten.

"Dude, couldn't even make a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich, what the fuck, huh?" Mark said.

"What? Dude, there wasn't any of that when I got here," Duncan protested.

"And didn't think get any?" Mark asked.

"Aw your ass," Duncan laughed.

"Okay, got a date with Solong tonight," Mark said, pulling his shirt up and off.

"Solong?" Duncan asked.

"Oh, you so long, oh you so long, oh you splitting me in half you so long," Mark imitated an Asian voice.

"Oh, got it, you got a date with your right thumb and forefinger," Duncan said.

"Aw, bite me," Mark laughed.

After work the next night, Duncan went with Tawnee to a gated community in DeGarde, Louisiana. At first, the guard did not want to let them in, but Tawnee got out of the car, showed the guard her driver's license, the letter from the attorney's office, and urged the man to call his supervisor.

The guard did make a phone call, spoke in hushed tones, then nodded. He smiled apologetically to Tawnee and handed her the letter and her driver's license. The guard then handed Tawnee a plastic laminated hanger for her rearview mirror and opened the gate.

"Damn," Duncan said, looking at the large home.

"Uh huh," Tawnee said.

She got out, punched a code into the garage door panel and the garage door went up. Duncan looked at the gleaming Mercedes-Benz that occupied half of the garage.

Tawnee punched in a second code and nodded in satisfaction when the light went from red to amber, then to green. She then unlocked the door to the home itself.

"Welcome to my little slice of Hell," she murmured as Duncan followed her.

The house was spotless. The appliances looked brand new and gleamed. The furniture was heavy, solid pieces.

And everywhere Duncan looked, there were religious artifacts. There was even a large beaded Rosary draped over the fireplace. The rosary had to be at least five feet long. The cross itself was nearly a foot long, nearly six inches at the cross beam.

"Want a drink? Oh, wait! Jesus frowns on drinking. Oh, I know, how about a cigarette? Oh, wait, Jesus doesn't approve of smoking," Tawnee said bitterly.

"Would Jesus approve of me burning the whole fucking place to the ground, Mother?" Tawnee screamed.

Duncan remained silent and followed her as she went up the stairs. She peered into room after room. Then she opened one last room and peered in. She nodded once, then closed the door again.

"My room," she said tightly, then led Duncan to the third floor.

The third floor had two immense bedrooms, each with huge bathrooms. The first had a large canopy bed and Tawnee nodded in approval. She peered into the bathroom and nodded again.

The second large bedroom had a hospital bed. Tawnee let out a strangled cry at the sight of the bed. She walked slowly to the bed.

"Mother, why?" she asked, touching the bed. "Why didn't, why couldn't you call me? I would have come."

She sank to her knees next to the bed, sobbing bitterly.

"I would have come, Mother," she sobbed. "I would have been here in a minute."

Duncan knelt down next to Tawnee and held her as she wailed hot bitter tears. She moaned and rocked, stroking the crisp sheets on the bed.

Finally, Tawnee seemed to run out of tears. She kissed Duncan's cheek and they both got to their feet.

"I, well, I mean, I know we don't we really don't know each other, but," Tawnee said.

She put her arms around him and hugged him.

"You, you got nowhere to go, this place is ginormous, why don't you just move in here? With me?" she asked.

"Uh, and you did say something about running around naked," Duncan said. "No brainer to me."

"Yes I did," she smiled and kissed him.

Tawnee had all the religious artifacts removed; she donated them to St. Richard's, in her mother's name. She also had the hospital bed removed and her own bed from her apartment moved into the room. She also had her loveseat and two chairs and ottoman put into the room; it was that large.

Duncan had decided on one of the smaller rooms down on the second floor, but Tawnee instructed the movers to put all of his things into the second bedroom on the third floor.

While Duncan and Tawnee were moving, Amanda had discovered that she no longer had a cell phone, no longer had electricity, and no longer had an automobile. Chad, Amanda's boyfriend vowed Duncan would receive payback of an extreme nature should their paths ever cross.

"Gated community; he's not getting in," Tawnee assured Duncan when Mark relayed the message to Duncan.

Their first night in the house, Tawnee cooked an elaborate meal for the two of them. She had an excellent wine to go with the meal. After dinner, the two cleaned the dishes together. Then Tawnee brought the bottle of wine into the living room and they sat on a large couch together. The remote control for the television was within reach, but they did not turn the television on. They just sat, her with her legs up underneath herself, head resting on his shoulder. They drank the last bit of the wine, pausing between sips to kiss softly.

"Thank God tomorrow's Sunday," Tawnee whispered and playfully bit down on Duncan's earlobe.

"Yeah?" Duncan asked, shivering from the intimate contact.

"Yeah, sleep in," Tawnee giggled lightly as she stroked his slender chest with her small hand.

"Mm-hmm," Duncan agreed.

"I'm about to fall asleep; you make a good pillow, know that?" Tawnee yawned.

"Uh huh," Duncan agreed.

Tawnee gulped the last of her wine and got to her feet.

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,055 Followers