Quincunx Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I got a thrill from touching her and having her touch me as we washed and again as we dried each other. Then still naked she had me comb her hair and pin it up again before we dressed. When we were ready she came and sat in my lap and just kissed and cuddled while we waited for the coach.

The ride was uneventful, I rode with her inside and saw her to the door of the grand mansion at the end of the street. From there I followed the coachman around and into the kitchen where I found cofftea and some snacks courtesy of the cook.

I sat in a corner chair and watched as the younger coachmen teased and courted the younger of the serving girls. I wondered but didn't dare ask what they thought of their masters, most of them were bonded servants who were unlikely to marry.

I spent the time dosing and thinking of home and being able to use magic freely, life there with any one of the girls would be perfect. Cal seemed the most loosely tied to her future, she could relocate and find somewhere to teach near my manor. The capital was only an hour's ride away, she could give classes at the university there, I could buy land and build a house half way if necessary.

I would take Rash if I thought she might come and more importantly she could live a quiet life, her identity would have to be between ourselves, though with my powers I could even challenge the King.

After my second cup I had to stir and find the privy, my voice and accent drew the attention of one of the coachmen as I asked directions, a small shack in the grounds behind a screen of shrubbery. He asked first about my sword, I politely put him off with my excuse of needing to ease myself.

He was waiting for me when I got back asking who I was accompanying. I explained that I was with Rash and my business was my business. With that I turned and went to my chair to retrieve and refill my cup.

I settled back down and took a sip, eyes scanning the room over the rim of the cup. He was across the room looking agitated, perhaps I should listen to what he had to say, something about my presence disturbed him.

I put my cup down and waved him over.

"You have something on your mind," I challenged him as he approached.

"Shush," he said as he got closer. "The wrong people are asking round about you, there is a man with your accent paying for information. Be on your guard if you stand for her."

"Just one man?"

"That's all I know of. Just be wary for he carries a sword as well."

"Thank you sir, I will take your timely warning to heart. How much longer will this last?" I asked, thumbing up to the ballroom above.

"Probably another hour or so, dinners done by now and the dancing started."

He gave a laugh as my face changed. "Not used to the boredom of waiting. This is free time for most of us."

"Aye," I agreed. "But I could be doing other things in, if you'll pardon me for saying so, better company."

"Ha, you should entice one of the maids behind the bushes with you."

I gave a laugh. "If only life were that simple."

He gave me a sideways look. "As you say, well I've given you my warning and I wish you luck."

He took a step backwards and returned to the throng.

I was left wondering at his words, was her father seeking such strong action as assassination, or could he be buying himself a gang to do the deed. Jaycintha would have to know about this and I would see what guard spells I could conjure for the house.

Rash was another matter, so was telling Xen or Cal. Rash didn't need the worry and the girls were bound to offer help and want to take over. I had no worries, I had my magic to fall back on if they were too many for my sword and I felt bold enough to pit my whits against his.

I sat back and began to think of ways to draw him out, we had visited the market this morning, we should do it again tomorrow to establish a pattern and see if he would use it as his attack vector. We could visit the tailors to re-clothe Jaycintha.

I was truly bored for the last half hour as the surreptitious drinks made the crowd too boisterous for me to dose. I looked around, several seemed to be couples as they sat around the large table and occasional snatches of conversation broke through as I idly watched.

There was a stir at the door that rippled out as people started straightening themselves up, I guessed the party was over upstairs and people were readying to leave. I stirred myself and strolled back around to the front door while the coachmen readied the transport.

I was waiting at the door as she walked out with her friends, following on as she descended the steps to the drive to await her coach. She hugged her friends as It drew up and I stepped forward to open the door.

12