Ravenswood Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jason placed his hand in Maura's. "The only thing they used to identify him was the ring on this finger." Jason paused again. "It was a somber processional and thousands gathered to see him off. His body was wrapped in linen and my grandmother placed it on a pyre of wood which I watched burn for two days. As I gathered the ashes I vowed that I would not follow in his footsteps. The pain I saw in my family's eyes was too much. I never wanted to be the cause of something like that."

"I'm so sorry Jason." She remembered her father's tortured body consumed by the burning funeral pyre. Her eyes glistened as she thought of the pain he endured.

He nodded then turned to Maura with a grimace. "But that night, outside the library, it became obvious, even to me, that I can't run away from who I am. You being here with me changed everything. I have to protect you, and myself for that matter. And I can't do that by relying on others anymore." Jason smiled meekly. He shrugged and offered her a winsome smile. "So, when I go back home, Yaol will be my teacher."

Maura turned quickly to Jason. "When?" And what would become of her after he left, she wondered?

"Soon. We both are."

Maura was shocked. "Both of us?"

Jason nodded. "Yes, it's not safe here for either of us anymore. I'll give Trenton my two week notice today, you should do the same at the library."

"But." Her words were filled with worry. "Are you sure that I will be able to stay there?"

Jason patted her hand. "My grandmother wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, she knows something..."

"What?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. But whatever it is you are deeply involved. She and Lisa were plotting something yesterday when they thought I was asleep." He brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. "They're up to something and it involves you. I guess we'll just have to wait."

Maura thought back to what Vera said before she left. "You'll work it out, Maura; I have no doubt." She remembered the look on Vera's face and the mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "Besides, I'm expecting great-grandbabies to spoil someday!"

Maura's face burned red hot once again.

"What?" Jason turned to her.

"Oh nothing." She grinned sheepishly.

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

The author copyrights Ravenswood and all of its parts. The reproduction of any part of Ravenswood without the written permission of the author is expressly prohibited. This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters, their names and the places they visit, are purely from the imagination of the author. Any resemblance to persons, places, or things is not intentional and purely coincidental