Red Ribbons in Her Hair Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He turned and headed towards the steps, stopping and waggling his fingers back at them as he reached the bottom. "Oh and Michelle, thanks for the fuck."

He turned out the light at the top of the stairs, shutting the door behind them and leaving them in the semi dark of the basement room.

* * * *

Kaylee looked up from the book she was pretending to read as a shadow came across the page.

"You know, that might actually work a little better if you turn the page every once in a while," Dean said, handing her a fresh cup of coffee.

Kaylee glanced at the book, seeing the Chapter One on the first page and actually snorted. "Yeah, I guess it would," she laughed, setting it down and taking the cup from him. "Where is everyone?" she asked, trying to be nonchalant.

"If by everyone you mean Gabe, he's downstairs in the big meeting room. They're powwowing over how to keep you safe now that they've set you up." He sat in the chair next to her, picking up the book and studying the front cover where some half naked babe stood in the arms of some overly buff stud with long hair flying in the wind, and a sword in his hand. "You chicks actually get into this kind of thing?" he asked her, tipping the cover her way.

"Us chicks get into romance and being swept off our feet occasionally. If we can't get it from real life," she shrugged and nodded at the book, taking a sip of her coffee. "Next best thing is what we take. So how come you're up here and not at the powwow conspiring on my life?"

"Someone had to babysit," he said in disgust before realizing what he'd said. "Oh shit, Kaylee, that's not what I meant..." he trailed off searching the sky as if a rope would suddenly appear to drag him out of the hole he'd dug.

"It's okay, Dean, honest." She laughed at his expression. "I understand getting the short stick."

"Hell, if you're a short stick," he said, leering at her, "I'll take it every time."

"Nice try," she said, hearing him snort.

"Kaylee?"

She looked up as Gabe came up to the desk. He nodded at Dean. "Come on," he said, reaching for her arm. "We've got to go."

12