Retribution, a Different Take

Story Info
Same senario, different outcome.
10.4k words
4.17
154.4k
47

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/29/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Scorpio44
Scorpio44
1,999 Followers

["Retribution: deserved punishment for evil done." That's what this story is about. Opinions may vary about the punishment fitting the crime. In the original story many people thought the punishment was too harsh. Some thought it "over the top but good." I listen. Here is a different take on the same situation. Your comments and votes are encouraged.]

It didn't make the newspapers. It wasn't the subject of Oprah's show, or Maury's. But, in case you didn't notice it either, my world started to blow up on the tenth of February last year.

On that date, a Saturday, I picked up the mail and took it home. We live in a rural community where all mail is picked up at the post office. When I got home I sat at my desk and opened the bills, wrote checks and balanced our check book. Usually, Julia, my wife, does this chore. She said it made her feel rich. She was at her sister's for their monthly three day visit and I decided to take care of that chore for us.

The Visa bill seemed a bit high so I scanned the charges to see what we had bought that I forgot about. The only charge that seemed strange was for a hotel room in the city where Julia's sister lives. Her sister and husband live in a big four bedroom house in Salinas California. They have no kids. One of the bedrooms is set up as a guest room. It just didn't make sense that Julia needed to stay in a hotel.

I looked back through the bills and saw that every other month for a year the room charge had been on the bill. I called the hotel. I said I noticed the charge on my bill and needed to verify some information from their records. They told me their records showed me in room 1228, just like always. Checking in late, 8:45pm and checking out automatically the next afternoon. I thanked them and hung up.

Why would she stay in a hotel? Why would she register under my name? Why would she not mention that she was spending nearly two hundred dollars to stay in a hotel? That was over a thousand dollars! Why a nice hotel when a cheaper place would still give her a bed, if she was spending most of her time with her sister?

I took myself to dinner at our neighborhood sports bar and grill. I know there was a game on the big screen but I couldn't tell you who was playing or who won. I left at nine and called Maureen's house. Maureen is Julia's sister. When she answered I asked to speak to Julia. Maureen said she was in the bathroom and would call me back in a few minutes.

Ten minutes later my phone rang. The caller ID said it was Julia's cell phone. I answered.

"Hi Honey. Sorry I was in the bathroom when you called. How are things?"

"Pretty good. I just wanted to call and see how things are with you and Maureen."

"Things are great. We're going shopping tomorrow."

"Well, don't spend us into the poorhouse. Really, I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you."

"Oh, you're sweet. I miss you too."

"Sleep well. I'll see you on Sunday night."

"You too. Good-night, I-love-you."

"Right back atcha."

The call didn't feel right. Why would she call back on her cell? Roaming minutes were expensive. Something was up. I called my boss at home and let him know I had a family emergency and would do my best to be back for work on Monday, but no promises. He said if I wasn't there he'd put me out on personal leave for a couple days and then on vacation. I said that at a minimum I'd call him on Monday.

Half an hour later I was on the road to Salinas.

As I drove I thought about what might be going on. Either there weren't many possibilities or I'm dense. The only scenario I could think of was that she was seeing someone in the hotel. Seeing, as in screwing.

That would explain the new clothes she bought in Salinas. That would explain the return call by cell. That would explain why she wasn't at Maureen's.

The rest of the trip I was in my head about "What if." What if she was having an affair? What would I do? What if she's been seeing someone for a year? Can I forgive that? What if it isn't one guy, but more? Could I live with that level of betrayal? Is fucking one guy for a year worse than fucking six different guys in a year?

Four and a half hours later I was in Salinas. I drove to the hotel where she had stayed over the last year on a regular basis. I found her car in the lot. Since I carry a spare key for her car in mine, and she carries one for my car in hers, I opened her car and took a look around. I found nothing incriminating.

Remembering a truck stop not far from the hotel, I went there and bought a blanket, some snacks and an alarm clock. Back at the hotel, I parked where I could see the doors out of the hotel and her car. I always carry binoculars in my car and they allowed me to be out of sight while still watching. I got comfortable and set the alarm for five-thirty.

At five-thirty I heard the alarm, opened the car windows to let the cold air wake me up and clear the windows. I ate some of the junk I bought the night before and wished for coffee. For over an hour I watched the front doors of the hotel and then I saw Julia walk out. She wasn't alone. The man with her had his arm around her waist. He carried two bags. One was a bag Julia usually carried gym clothes in. He walked her to her car. He put her bag in the trunk and then they kissed standing beside her car. It was not the kiss of good friends. It was the kiss of lovers.

I wanted to rush to them and kill them both! My wife was spending nights in a hotel with him! I gripped the steering wheel tight enough my hands hurt. I didn't kill them. I watched as she got in her car and left. He walked to a black Mercedes sedan and got in. I got the license number and then I followed him. He drove to a business building. The sign above the windows said, "Carl Tinker Realty." The picture painted on the front window was of the man who just left Julia. I had a name to go with the face. I wrote the phone number from the building down and drove to Maureen's home.

As I arrived I saw Mike, Maureen's husband, pulling out of their driveway. I followed him. He drove to the print shop he owned. I watched him unlock the door and go inside. The sign on the door said they didn't open for an hour. I parked and walked to the door. I opened it and he looked up to see who might be coming in at the early hour. The color drained from his face when he saw me.

"Mike, I need to talk to you."

"I don't know what I can tell you."

"Tell me where my wife was last night? Start there."

"She was with us until after dinner and then she said she wanted to go for a drive to think. She was gone all night."

"And she goes for a drive to think how often?"

"It has happened before."

"Mike, you know where she was and where she's been one night of every visit up here for over a year. You helped my wife cheat on me!"

"I thought she was up to no good, but I never knew what she was doing. What could I say?"

"A phone call, tipping me off, might have helped."

"But I didn't know, for sure."

"Would you want a call from me if Maureen was driving down to spend time with us and took off for a whole night?"

"Yeah." He looked sheepish and ashamed.

"Mike, you have one shot at not being part of the retribution that is about to happen. You have kept quiet for a year. Keep quiet a little longer. Think about what the worst thing that could happen if you talk. What is possible will be worse than you imagine, if you talk. All you need to do is stay quiet for a few weeks. Are we clear?"

"If I stay quiet, we didn't talk, you weren't here, and nothing will happen to me. Right?"

"When the shit hits the fan you can even act surprised."

"Deal!"

"Now, tell me what you know about Carl Tinker."

"An arrogant asshole. Owns a fair sized realty company and acts like everyone owes him. I did three jobs for him a few months back and he took months to pay for them. I only work for him now, if he pays up front."

"Is he married?"

"Yes. A trophy wife and two kids."

"I need her home phone number and name. Send them to my email address. Ok?"

"Is he...?"

"Yup." I turned and walked out. A few minutes later I was making a final pass past Maureen's home when I saw both women getting into Maureen's car. I followed them and was surprised when they stopped at the Planned Parenthood building. They were inside for almost an hour and when they came out Julia was crying.

Julia was pregnant! Or, maybe she just found out she has a sexually transmitted disease! Either way a bad situation just got worse. If it was an STD then Mr. Tinker had it too.

The drive home was filled with thoughts of "Now that you know..." Now that you know she has been fucking Carl Tinker what will you do? Those thoughts were mixed with the "What if" thoughts. What if he's not the only one? What if she decides to keep the baby? California law doesn't care that I'm sterile, I'm the Dad! If I divorce her, I pay child support on a kid that isn't mine for eighteen years! I had been fixed when I was eighteen. My family history of genetic problems wasn't something I wanted to pass on. I told Julia all about it before we got married.

If she had an STD or worse HIV, then my life was at risk. All I had to do was fuck my own wife and maybe get a death sentence. Maybe I already had fucked my diseased slut wife! There was no maybe! She'd been fucking him for over a year!

By the time I got home I had the beginnings of a plan. I spent the rest of the day planning and contacting people I knew. A friend came over and installed a phone monitor on our phone. It recorded all calls that used our phone. I hired a PI to gather evidence locally. Maybe she was willing to cuckold me right here in town. I stopped by our doctor's office and had him test me for everything I might get if Julia was sexually active. I swore him to secrecy until the results came back.

At eight Sunday evening I heard the garage open. Julia was home. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water. As she came through the door I made believe I took some pills.

"Pete, are you Ok?"

"I don't feel too good. It might be a flu. Couple of the people at work got it."

"Maybe you better go to bed and see if a good night's rest will help."

"Maybe I should sleep in the guest room so we don't risk you getting sick."

"I'll miss you, but I think you're right. Let me get it ready for you." She went into the guest room and did whatever it is that women do to get a bedroom ready to sleep in.

Sleeping without her wasn't fun, but I couldn't picture me getting hard for her when I knew some other dick had been in her the night before and there was a risk to my life. I did get a fair night sleep when I finally went to sleep. I had a dream of standing trial for murdering both of them.

The next morning she left for work and I checked the monitor. She had made three calls before she went to bed. The first was to Maureen. She wanted Maureen to schedule an abortion for Saturday morning at the clinic. She was to know that Julia was telling me she was going back up to attend a baby shower for a friend of Maureen's. That way she could cover for her sister in case I spoke to her.

The second call was answered by a man. I had to listen three times to get the name of the company. "Anderson, Wallace, Domme and Kamalla." She called him Paul. A lawyer. He said, "Are we on for tomorrow lunch?"

"Yes. After tomorrow I can't have sex for a couple weeks. I have to have a procedure and they tell me no sex for a couple weeks."

"I'm sorry to hear that. We're still Ok for tomorrow?"

"Yes! I'll be there."

"Ok, then. Back to work."

The third call was to a friend. Donna, who lived a couple blocks from us. We had been friends for three years.

"Donna, Julia. I need a favor. Pete is gonna stay home sick tomorrow and I would feel better if you stopped in and checked on him."

"Is he really sick?"

"He looked sick last night but when I check on him while he was asleep he looked and sounded fine. I don't know if he's suspicious or what."

"Shall I take him some chicken soup?"

"Great idea. He won't suspect anything."

"When are you going to stop this? It's so dangerous, you know?"

"Soon, Donna. Soon."

I called my boss and said I would be in on Tuesday. I called the PI and told him they were meeting Monday for lunch. He asked if I wanted video or just pictures. I said, "Both."

I returned the monitor to "ON" and went back to bed. Lunch would be arriving soon. As soon as I was in bed I realized I was wearing boxers. I always sleep nude. There would be no reason for me to put on boxers unless I knew someone was coming over or I was getting ready to go out. I took them off and put them in the hamper. Back in bed I dozed until I heard the door open.

Donna was looking in on me when I opened my eyes.

"Donna? What are you doing?"

"Julia asked me to bring over some chicken soup. You need fluids and chicken soup is good for whatever ails you."

"Well, thanks but right now I need to pee so give me a minute, Ok?"

The blanket and sheet got pulled to the side and I got up. I thought Donna had stepped back out in the hallway but as I headed for the bathroom she stepped through the door carrying a bowl of soup and saw me pass right by her naked.

I didn't say anything and neither did she.

When I came back she wasn't in the bedroom. The soup was. I ate it and it wasn't canned or packaged. It was real chicken soup. Donna came back in just after I was done.

"Good. You ate it all. How do you feel?"

"Like someone pulled my plug. I have no energy."

"No cough, fever, hurling?"

"Nope. I guess I'm lucky I don't have any of those."

"Yes, you are. I'll call Julia and let her know you're doing better. Well, I'm headed home. Bye."

"Pardon me for not getting up. I'm not dressed for visitors."

"I noticed."

She left.

When Julia came home I was back in bed. She brought me more of the chicken soup that Donna had made. She told me about her day and that Maureen had called inviting her to a shower for a friend. She sounded like she would stay home to take care of me, if I wanted her to. I said if I was still sick by Friday I'd have her stay, but I was starting to feel better and she should go. She left me to go call Maureen. I didn't attempt to listen. I knew I could hear it all, tomorrow.

Monday morning I said I felt good enough to go to work. She went off to work and I went to mine. I had a talk with my supervisor and told him I was having problems with getting an erection. He gave me the day off so I could see a doctor. I didn't exactly lie to him. I was having trouble even thinking about an erection and Julia in the same moment.

By eleven I was parked where I could see Julia's car and follow her when she left for "lunch" with the lawyer, Paul. I didn't need to wait long. She came out with two other women who got in their cars and waved as they left. Julia got in her car and drove the six blocks to the Marriott Suites. She parked near the back and walked to an exit door. It opened and a tall blond man let her in. Just before one the door opened again and they walked out together.

He was a well dressed man who walked and looked like he was used to having authority. He walked her to her car, kissed her and groped her ass then opened her car door and waited until she drove away before walking to his Lexus. I got his license number.

Julia went back to work. When I saw her park I drove on and went to see my private investigator. I wanted to know who Paul was and I wanted to know if I could prove he was screwing Julia. His guy called in to say he had video and pictures.

From my computer at home I contacted a PI in Salinas and hired him to find out about Mr. Tinker. He gave me a discount because he wanted the satisfaction of helping undo the guy. I told him about the appointment Julia had in room 1228 for Friday night. He asked if I wanted pictures, video or both. I went for both.

I went to ProFlowers.com and ordered flowers delivered to Julia's office for Thursday. The card would read, "For being such a good wife, Your husband, Pete."

I wanted her to come to me, confess and spend some time attempting to make it up to me. I wanted her to start thinking about what would happen if her loving husband ever found out about Carl and Paul. I wanted to beat the shit out of all three of them! As those thoughts ran through my mind another thought intruded: She doesn't care what you want!

I called Julia at work and she was in a meeting so I left a message, "I'll be home a little late tonight. Have a job to finish and I'm in the field. Be home by seven. Pete."

At seven I pulled into our garage. The hood on her car was still warm. She hadn't been home very long. I went inside and was met in the kitchen by Julia, wearing a floor length flannel nightgown. When she bought the thing I asked if it was from the Fredrick's of Wyoming catalog. We laughed and she justified it by saying when I was late and she needed to stay warm she would wear it. She greeted me by saying, "Do you feel any better?"

"Some. I'm still really tired."

"I got you some more chicken soup, with matzo balls. Want some?"

"Yeah, then I'm going to bed."

After I ate the soup that she got at a deli, I sat on the couch and watched TV for a while. She went to her computer and played games. After the depressing TV news was over I went to my computer, put a game on screen and clicked on the phone monitor to play everything for me. I listened with headsets, just like I do when I listen to music.

First call was with Maureen. Mentally I deleted most of the call until Julia said, "I need to see him one more time. Get an appointment at the clinic for Saturday and I'll stay with him Friday night."

"God, Julia haven't you got yourself in a mess. What if Pete finds out your pregnant?"

"By Saturday night I won't be. After that what he doesn't know won't hurt anyone."

"Ok. I'll make the appointment. Will you call Carl or am I doing that too?"

"You call him. I don't want the call on my bill."

"Friday night, room 1228. Eight-thirty. I hope you know what you're doing."

At least my worries about diseases were gone. I wondered if she had any idea who the sperm donor was that got her pregnant.

On Thursday we both went to work. At a little after one my cell beeped. It was Julia.

"You sent me flowers!" She was crying. Good!

"Is that wrong? Are you angry with me?"

"No. It's so sweet. You've never done that before. Thank you."

"I have to admit, I didn't think of it on my own. I listened to Dr. Laura in the car and she told some other guy to send flowers. I thought about it and realized I love my wife more than that guy loves his, so I should send you flowers, too."

She responded by taking us out to dinner. She sat close and was affectionate all evening long. I said many things that evening intended to get her thinking about who she was being and how she was treating me, her husband. We saw a couple in the restaurant behaving like they couldn't hardly wait to get back to their room and fuck. I pointed to them two or three times and once I asked, "Do you think they're married... to each other?"

Julia got a little flustered and then said, "Of course! It's probably their anniversary."

At home she showered and came to bed with sex on her mind. I told her I wasn't up for the whole thing but if she wanted to give me a gift I'd like that. Giving me a gift was a phrase she invented for blowing me. She called it a gift because she didn't really like doing it. That night she gave me the gift and even swallowed.

On Friday morning I kissed her good-bye and went to work. I told my boss I needed the day off and he could count it as vacation. By six I was in Salinas, and watched as Maureen dropped Julia off at the corner. Julia was in a sexy blue dress I'd never seen before and heels. Carl Tinker was waiting in front of the hotel for her. He took her in his arms and kissed her, turned, put his hand on her ass and walked her inside.

Scorpio44
Scorpio44
1,999 Followers