Return of the Superior Men

Story Info
A superior breed of man returns to the world.
2.2k words
3.18
17.8k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,119 Followers

Good morning, folks. How's life treating you? My name is Bruce Portman and I'm a young black man from the town of Milton, Massachusetts. Many people who know me say that I am doing too much, too soon. Why? Because I'm a young man who believes in sticking up for his rights wherever he goes. I don't pay them any mind. If I were a young woman who spoke her mind and stood up for what she believed in, they'd applaud me. In this unmanly age, strong men with character and integrity are rare but the few who are left can and do stand out. I'm happy to say that misandry (man-hating) and political correctness haven't completely wiped us out. We're making a comeback!

These days, I'm a student at the Burlington Technical Institute, an all-male, four-year private school located in Burlington, Massachusetts. It's one of a few all-male colleges remaining in the United States of America. It's the place I call home. Why attend an all-male college in this day and age? How about because men are now the minorities on college and university campuses nationwide? Yeah, and those male students enrolled at these institutions aren't doing too well. Professors and faculty don't give a damn about the unique needs of male students. And the administration could care less. Small wonder most male students feel unwelcome on their campuses.

The young women at America's colleges and universities, on the other hand, are having a blast. They outnumber the men. They have far more opportunities, both academically and athletically. And every year, there are more of them and fewer and fewer college men. This isn't an accident, folks. Some organizations went out of their way to insure this would happen. They got male students disgusted with education long before most of them graduated high school. Add to that the fact that they're unwelcome in college, and you will understand why so many choose to do something else with their time.

Me? I knew I was going to college long before I ever got there. My father, Eric Portman is a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology School of Engineering. He did his undergrad work at Morehouse College in Atlanta. He worked hard all his life to ensure his sons would have it better than he did. He knew life was getting tougher for everybody, especially for black people. And the black male most of all. In my mother, Northeastern University Biology Professor Marisa Gray Portman, he found a strong black woman with a keen mind who shared his beliefs. Together, they built a wonderful family.

My elder brother, Charles Anthony Portman is a third-year business student at Boston College. My other brother Cain is attending dad's alma mater, Morehouse College, in Georgia. Since he's the closest to me in age, we stay in touch. There's another reason for that, too. You see, he's the only one who knows my secret. I recently realized that I was different from the rest of humanity. And people like me weren't that rare, either. There are ordinary-looking men and women with extraordinary abilities out there. I know this sounds like something out of television programs like X-Men, Heroes or Smallville, but it is nevertheless true. People with special powers do exist.

I discovered my ability while walking home with my ex-girlfriend Patricia Telamont one time. We had gone to see a movie and we returning to my parents mansion, one warm and dry summer night. To be honest, I was feeling pretty good. Patricia is a tall, fine-looking young woman of Cape Verdean and French-Canadian descent. She was really hot. My girl had face, chest, hips, body and booty. I was really lucky to snatch her up from one of the football guys from Curry College. This sexy bombshell was twenty one years old, three years older than me but didn't mind us dating. Life was good, but it wasn't meant to be. We were walking around, holding hands when all hell broke loose. That's when this dude in a hooded sweatshirt approached us. He flashed us a gun, and ordered us to give him our money. I wasn't about to comply. This dude wasn't feeling it. So he shot the two of us. He shot me three times in the chest. He shot Patricia in the head and she fell, dead. As for me, I was taken to the hospital.

When I woke up the next day, I was miraculously healed. Heck, I didn't even have a scar. But the girl I loved was dead. I couldn't believe it. My parents couldn't either. They were just glad to see their youngest son alive. They took me back home. I tried to make sense of it but I couldn't. later, I figured out that I had the ability to heal at a much faster rate than a normal person. I freaked out when I discovered this, but now I think of it as kind of cool. I felt guilty when I thought about Patricia. I should have done something to save her. But I was unarmed. Her parents looked at me dubiously when I went to her funeral. I could tell they blamed me for her death. If she hadn't gone out with me that night, the gunman wouldn't have shot her. I'm sorry but it wasn't my fault. I didn't ask for this.

The summer ended. It was September 2008 and I moved into the dorms at the Burlington Technical Institute. The school was small, with only one campus. There were nineteen hundred students, most of whom were Caucasian. What pleased me to no end was the great variety of sports they offered. The Burlington Tech Department of Athletics sponsors Men's Intercollegiate Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Ice Hockey, Volleyball, Skiing, Wrestling, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track & Field, Rowing, Sailing, Water Polo and Archery. All the teams were NCAA Division Three. They had club sports in Rugby, Riding, Cycling and Rifle. Folks, I was mightily impressed. I couldn't think of a single other college or university in New England which offered as many sports. I had found my collegiate paradise.

As impressed as I was with the varsity teams, the dorms left a lot to be desired. For starters, the rooms were so damn small! I voiced my opinions to my roommate, a burly, red-haired Irishman named Sean Blake. He was a lineman on the Burlington Tech football team. And he was also a third-generation Burlington Tech man. How about that? My roommate was a legacy! Thankfully, he was a cool guy. He shared his comic books and beer with me. The guy was really generous. The only rule he had was that I wasn't allowed to touch his stack of porn DVDs or smoke in the room. I didn't mind. Touching another man's porn is a no-no and I'm a nonsmoker. Sean and I got along famously.

Sean became my guide through the campus. As a sophomore and a popular student-athlete, he was well-liked and knew everybody. He introduced me to his uncle, Patterson Blake, the Head Coach of the Men's Basketball program. Coach Patterson was a tall, stocky bald man with an iron grip. He'd coached college basketball since the late 1970s and was always looking for new talent. He said I looked familiar. I wasn't surprised. I was one of the best student-athletes at my old high school. Upon hearing that, he sized me up, then asked me about trying out for the team. That was more than okay by me. I played basketball and soccer in high school. I also had a mean jump-shot. So, yeah. I gave college basketball a try...and made it!

Thus, I joined the Burlington Tech men's basketball team. Life was good. I just went to class, and played ball. Majoring in Biology wasn't something one did casually, but I got the hang of it. Especially since I knew a bit more on the subject than my teacher did. My mother did teach collegiate biology after all. I made lots of friends on campus. A muscular, slightly balding Cape Verdean varsity wrestler named Jose Mendes and his buddy, Trevor Atkins, a tall, spiky-haired Hispanic guy who ran Track, became two of my best pals. Trevor was mad cool, and had the raunchiest stories. Unlike Sean, he was generous with both porn and beer. Hey, I'm in an all-male environment, remember? I've got to achieve release somehow!

Life on campus was okay. Friday nights were really fun. At Sean's insistence, I joined his Fraternity. Little did I know what kind of Fraternity it was. At first, they just seemed like a great bunch of guys. Small in number but smart, funny and totally cool. Some of the Fraternity's top men had gone on to become college presidents, state representatives, senators and even governors. I endeavored to join their elite ranks. When I told Sean this, he smiled and said I was ready. Thus, he revealed himself to me. we were chilling in the dorm, watching an episode of Law & Order : Criminal Intent when Sean decided to surprise me. I felt a jolt on the back of my hand. Something zapped me! When I turned around to investigate, I saw that Sean's fist was glowing. Cackling with electricity, actually. My eyes widened. Wow!

Sean smiled, and said shrugged. Looking me in the eye, he said he knew all about me. I was puzzled. Sean grinned, and said he'd been checking me since I came to the school. He sensed that we had something in common. He pointed to the rapidly vanishing bruise on my hand where he'd zapped me. He said we were the same. Like me, he was a genetically enhanced human being. A mutant. I laughed, and clasped his hand. Yep, we were the same alright! Sean laughed, and went to the door. He opened it, and the other guys from the Fraternity came in. Trevor and Jose were there, along with a couple of guys I didn't know. Sean made the introductions. The skinny Asian guy from the swim team was Todd Wong. The tall, bespectacled blond guy with the freckles was Mathis Dwight. And last but not least, the Fraternity's faculty liaison, Head Coach Patterson Blake himself.

To tell you the truth, I was surprised. The guys all laughed. Then, Coach began to speak. He asked the various members to display their powers. Tood Dwight was Amphibious, he could breathe under water and swim really fast. Mathis Dwight demonstrated his Superhuman Strength by crushing one of Sean's dumbbells in his hand. I was impressed. Sean protested. Smiling, Coach took the dumbbell and put it back together. With a simple touch from him, it was good as new. Wow. Coach grinned, and said he could manipulate molecular structure. Then he got right back to business and explained to me what the Fraternity was all about.

Coach told us about the early days of the Fraternity. A secret society of men with extraordinary powers who used their abilities to protect the world. They protected the growing community of superhumans from those who wished them harm. From what he said, the world was a lot more complicated than I thought. Not only were there genetically enhanced supermen and superwomen all around us, disguised as ordinary people, but there was a whole underworld of supernatural creatures coexisting with humankind. Demons, Angels, Vampires, Werewolves, Monsters and Spirits. They were all real. To say I was stunned to hear this would be the understatement of the century!

Coach also told me of the Fraternity's other mission. It was our duty to act as a force of balance in human society. During the Civil War, the men of the Fraternity fought against the Confederate Armies. In the name of freedom. During World Wars One and Two, they defended America. Some of them were in Vietnam and the Gulf War. Many were in Iraq right now, defending America's interests over there. Fighting wars in the name of justice and freedom wasn't what we were all about. We also fought for the causes no one else bothered with. The fate of the downtrodden American Male in the twenty-first century was an issue of great concern to us. As were Men's Health issues, and even the plight of gay and bisexual males, along with Minority men. Thus, we secretly funded organizations and agencies which helped ordinary men, the only class in society whom the U.S. Government didn't care about. The causes of Fathers and Families were dear to us. Unfortunately, we were spread too thin. Even with our powers, we couldn't be everywhere. But we did our best.

Upon hearing this, I was amazed. The men of the Fraternity were doing outstanding work. The Work of God, really. Fighting for justice and freedom. We were God-fearing, hard-working and law-abiding men using our abilities to make the world a better and safer place for ordinary men and women everywhere regardless of race, gender, national origin or sexual orientation. Fighting for justice and true equality. That's what we were all about. I looked around the room, at my Fraternity brothers. One by one, they nodded at me. I nodded, and smiled. We shook hands. And thus, I joined them. A fascinating and adventurous life awaited me in their ranks. I will do my best, regardless of what they ask of me. Rest assured that Earth is in good hands. The world has its supermen.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,119 Followers