Reunion Ch. 02

Story Info
What happens after the reunion?
6.4k words
4.4
175.4k
51

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 01/28/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,689 Followers

You should read Chapter one to know exactly what went on at the reunion. Thank you to Mistress Lynn for editing this story for me.

*

All I could think of while in jail was getting hold of Mark and beating him till he was near death. As far as Amy was concerned, I had no idea what would happen between us. My first thought was to embarrass her to no end and then divorce her. The only problem was that I still loved her.

Since Brent wouldn't take me to the airport I took a cab. He kept telling me how sorry Amy was and that I should talk to her, but I didn't want to listen to either of them. I told him to tell Amy to go to hell and to take Mark with her. There was so much rage built up in me from the whole thing. When I arrived at the airport, I used my credit card and bought a ticket to Iowa. I knew where Mark and Cindy lived and decided to pay them a personal visit.

After the plane landed, I grabbed a cab and gave the driver Mark's address. When he turned down their street, I saw a number of police cars and a yellow barrier in front of their house. I was about to tell the cabbie to keep going, but he had already stopped. Right then a cop came up to the cab and knocked on the glass.

"What's your name?" he asked me when the driver put the window down.

"John Morrison," I replied.

"Mr. Morrison, please step out of the car and come with me."

It wasn't a question but a demand. The cab driver received similar instructions. But it was only minutes before he was back in the car and on his way. I had no idea what was going on but it didn't look good.

"What's going on? What happened here? What do you want with me?" I asked.

"We're taking you down to the police station to have a talk with you. Co-operate and there shouldn't be a problem," the officer said.

"I have a right to know why you're arresting me. I've done nothing wrong. What happened at the Brady household? I didn't see Mark or Cindy."

"We'll talk when we get to the station."

We arrived at the station in a few minutes and they took me into a room and started asking me questions.

"Do I need a lawyer?" I asked.

"If at any time you want a lawyer, we can stop talking," he replied. "Mr. Morrison, when was the last time you talked to Cindy or Mark Brady?"

"I saw Mark Sunday morning at our class reunion breakfast. I haven't seen Cindy since high school graduation over ten years ago."

"Have you talked to her since then?"

"No, I told you I didn't. Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Just a couple more questions and I'll explain everything to you. Why are you here today in Iowa?"

"I needed to talk to Mark. Did something happen to him or Cindy?"

He ignored my question and went on to ask his own. "Is it true that you threatened him at your reunion before you were locked up on a DUI?"

"Yes I did. The bastard slept with my wife," I said, the anger in me rising again.

"Were you coming here to kill him?"

"No, why? Is he dead? I was going to beat the shit out of him but I wasn't going to kill him. I don't have any weapons on me. You know that from searching me. Now, what the hell is going on?"

"Mr. Morrison, Mrs. Brady killed her husband early this morning. She called 911 after shooting him. The last place she called before that was your house. The police are there right now talking to your wife. They have already spoken with most of the people at the reunion."

"So why am I being questioned if she admitted to it?"

"She's not in the best mental shape right now. Since you threatened him at least twice at the reunion, we have to make sure that you aren't an accomplice. We have to wonder why you get out of jail and the first place you come is to see Mark. Understand our problem here?"

"Mark had an affair with my wife. I really was going to beat the shit out of him to teach him to stay away from her. I swear to God, I had no intention of killing him; I just wanted to teach him a lesson. I'll take a lie detector test or anything else to prove that I wasn't going to kill him." The man had me scared now.

"Mr. Morrison, we aren't arresting you for anything—right now. We would like for you to stay in town for a couple days till we verify what you said. You realize that if you would have, as you called it, beat him up, you'd have been arrested for assault."

Glaring at me, he crossed his arms and waited for me to answer.

"Yes, I know. But it would only have been a few months at most and I would have taught him to stay away from other men's wives."

I do think the policeman almost believed me; after all, I was telling the truth. They dropped me off at a cheap motel since I didn't have a vehicle. It was within walking distance from a super store where I bought a few items since I didn't even have a change of clothes.

First thing the next day I called Brent. He told me that the police had talked to everyone about my reactions at the reunion. Then he explained what happened after he got back from picking me up.

Cindy had called our house and talked to Amy, asking point blank if she slept with Mark. Amy admitted it and added she wasn't going to cover it up anymore and deeply regretted it.

Apparently she apologized to Cindy many times, mentioning she was afraid she was going to lose me over it. Cindy had told Amy that she had enough of Mark's cheating and wasn't going to take it anymore.

"Brent, did Amy tell them I was coming to Iowa?"

"No, she wanted to protect you from getting in trouble, but she didn't want you to think she sided with them in any way. When the police called yesterday and told us that Mark was dead, Amy thought you did it and went crazy till the police told her that Cindy killed him.

"She still feels like it was partly her fault. If she wouldn't have been such an idiot, it might not have happened. She really misses you John. I don't want to be in the middle of this but there is something you should know."

"What's that? She's sorry and will never do it again if I come home to her?" I was being a bit sarcastic, but with everything that happened, I was still angry.

Then he hit me with the big news. "No, John, she's a couple months pregnant. You're going to be a daddy."

"What? No, you're just saying that to get me back home."

"Get real, John. Wouldn't that be kind of a stupid thing to say? What if you came home and she wasn't pregnant? No, buddy, you're going to be a father whether you take Amy back or not. Just thought you should know."

After I hung up I just sat there. I needed some time to let it all sink in, including that I was going to be a father.

I phoned my parents next. They told me Amy had called. She wanted to tell them herself what happened, even though it was hard for her to admit she had cheated. My parents thought of her as their daughter. They told me that Amy's actions saddened them but I should think twice about what I was going to do.

Damn! Damn! Damn! I wasn't sure what to do. I had wanted to get even with Mark but he was dead. Plus I was out of a job and wouldn't have a driver's license for six months.

One of my options before was to get a divorce. But then I discovered I was going to be a father. It would be so simple to just divorce her, get a job and pay child support. If only I didn't still love her.

The police came by the next day and said I was free to go. When I asked about Cindy and her kids they only told me that her parents took custody of them since she was in jail.

They said Cindy talked to them as if nothing happened. She explained that Mark had cheated for the last time and she saw to that. After she got a few e-mails from some classmates who attended the reunion, she called Amy.

Mark had been in the shower while she was talking to Amy. Hanging up the phone, she got the gun out of their nightstand, and then waited for him. She fired the shots without hesitation.

Relieved that I could go, I called a cab and stuffed the few things I had into a bag. A few minutes later I was on my way to the airport. Since I still wasn't ready to see Amy, I figured I would go to my parent's house instead. Once there, we had a long talk. First I admitted I lost my job because of the DUI.

"Son, Ray Bullens called looking for you. He wants to see you," dad said.

He was my employer and since I still had my last check to pick up, I figured I'd see him the next day.

"You need to call Amy and talk to her, John," my mother said.

"Mom, I know you and dad love her. But she cheated on me and I can't take that as lightly as you seem to want me to. Can't you see that?"

"John, she's going to have your child, and will need you by her side. She shouldn't have to go through pregnancy alone."

"First, she's going to have a child. Since we know she cheats, I'm not even positive it's mine. Second, she still has you to help her. You're like Mother Theresa; you'll forgive anything. I'm not made that way."

"Please call her and at least let her know you're here."

"Maybe tomorrow just to get you off my back, but don't expect me to play nice. I'm going to see a lawyer and find out my options. Right now I have no idea what I'm going to do."

The next day was a busy one for me. I stopped by to see my old boss Ray. He didn't take long to tell me what he thought about me losing my license over a woman.

"That was really stupid, John. But since you were in a private automobile and on private property, you get your license back in six months. Then you can drive the rigs again."

He was right about that part. If I had been driving a rig, it would have been all over for me.

"I can offer you a job on the loading dock in the warehouse. You won't need a license to drive tow motors and our other machinery. John, you won't make the same money as driving a rig but you will be able to make ends meet. If all goes well you could be back on the road in six months or so."

"Why are you doing this for me, Ray? I really do appreciate it but why are you doing this?

"You've been a great employee, and until now you had a clean driving record. You never miss work, making you very dependable, and I heard your old lady is pregnant so you'll need the insurance. I just want to give you a second chance," replied Ray.

"Thanks, Ray. I'll be here bright and early in the morning. And I promise I won't let you down."

I walked to a housing project near the truck depot. Though it wasn't the best place, it would suit my needs. It had a small bedroom, kitchenette, living room, and a bathroom with a tiny shower. The furniture didn't look the greatest, but it was something. Looking around what was to be my new home, I sighed. Next I went to see a lawyer and laid my cards on the table.

"So tell me then. Are you going for a divorce?" he asked when I finished.

"I don't know. I believe I still love her but every day I have more doubts. I'd like to start proceedings and have papers ready if I decide to go through with it. She's pregnant right now but I need to know if it's mine. I wouldn't have had any doubts till she had cheated on me at the reunion."

"Since you'll be working, I suggest you put money toward your household bills. In our state divorces are a fifty-fifty split, regardless of who's at fault. If you stay married, then you haven't lost anything."

The lawyer was so clinical. It was as though he didn't have any emotions. To me it was one of the biggest decisions of my life. To him it was another day at the office. When I got to my place, I called Amy.

"John, I'm sorry for what I did."

"Amy, you cheated on me. You can't undo what you've done. I have an apartment where I'll be staying for a while. It's within walking distance of work. Ray is letting me work the warehouse till I get my license back. I don't know about us."

"I made a mistake— a big one—and I regret it every day. As you say, I can't take it back, but what can I do to show you I'm sorry?"

"Nothing. You cheated and you even lied to me about having sex with Mark before we got married. I can overlook what you did back then because we weren't married, but you lied to me about it. How can I ever trust you or believe you? For all I know you might have had other affairs and just didn't get caught."

"I didn't, I haven't been with anyone but you... and Mark," she said in a low voice.

"So you say, but why should I believe you? I want to but I don't know if I can. We both know you get horny when you drink. How do I know you didn't let someone take advantage of the situation? You weren't always with me when you drank, you know."

"Usually I was with you, or Beth was there, and she wouldn't lie to you. Brent and Beth took me home the few times you weren't with me. I'm trying to say I've been faithful to you. This is your baby I'm carrying; you have to believe that."

"No, I don't. If I'm going to support this child, then I'll make sure I'm the father first. Whether we stay married or not, I'll take care of my child—if it's mine."

"John, please..."

"No more talk, Amy. Once the baby is born, my lawyer will make sure they do the test. You'll get a couple of hundred dollars a week from me for now. If you need a little more, let me know. My insurance is still in effect and will take care of the medical expenses.

"Don't go all stupid on me and start charging stuff and closing accounts like we read about. If you start any of that shit, I'll cut all ties with you right now. Don't call me. If you need something, call mom and dad and I'll get back to you. Goodbye, Amy," I said and hung up the phone.

****

Over the next few months I put all my time and energy into work, averaging twelve hours a day, six days a week. I wanted to prove to Ray that he made the right decision keeping me on. On Sundays I went over to my parents for dinner. They usually gave me an update on Amy. Sometimes I could tell they wanted to say something but tried to stay out of it.

On one of my days off I called Amy to say I was coming over with my friend Bill to get some of my personal items. She was shocked when I showed up with a police officer also.

"John, that wasn't necessary. This is your house too. You could have stopped by and got whatever you wanted."

"My lawyer suggested this and I thought it might be best."

I gathered my clothing and some DVD's. I picked up one of our wedding pictures, looked at it and set it back down. That was sure a better time, I thought. Bill took a couple boxes out to his truck for me as I gathered a few more personal things. Amy looked good although I was surprised how big her tummy was already. I could tell she had fixed herself up nice knowing I was coming over.

I looked at her. "I'll call if I need anything else. Take care of yourself," I said as the officer and I left the house.

Amy and Beth still worked at different stores at the mall. There were times I'd just go to the mall, stay in the shadows and watch Amy. She had a way with customers and everyone seemed to like her. One day I saw her talking with Cliff Harrison. He was another pussy hound who went to our school. I really didn't know what was going on but I had to wonder if Cliff was trying to get a date with Amy.

She kept shaking her head but old Cliff didn't seem to be buying it. Maybe he thought if she put out for Mark she would put out for him. I wished I could figure out what he was up to since she was still my wife and we might end up back together.

I went to the store where Beth worked. "Hi, stranger," Beth said, smiling. "What brings you to the mall today?"

"Just wandering through and needed to pick up a few things. So what's new with you?" I asked.

"Same ole, same ole. Nothing much changes. Work, take care of the kids, argue with Brent and visit with Amy. Have you talked to her lately? She misses you."

"I talk to her once in a while. I just went by and saw Cliff Harrison in there. Kind of odd seeing it's a women's fashion store."

Beth stared at me. "Cliff has been hitting on her ever since the reunion. Not every week but each time he comes in the mall. He's been divorced twice already. Beth keeps telling him she's not interested and that she's pregnant but he doesn't care. He doesn't bother her outside the mall but I know it bugs her."

"Thanks Beth, you're a good friend. I appreciate all you do for Amy and me."

"John, we've never talked since the incident. I'm sorry that Amy was so stupid. You're one of the nicest men I know and you deserved much better. I know she's my best friend but I just wanted you to know I'm your friend too. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, I'm a good listener. So, anyway, you take care." She smiled and I headed out of the mall.

I figured Cliff and I had to have a talk. When I saw him walking to his truck, I stopped him before he could get in.

"Cliff, long time no see. I noticed you sniffing around my wife. If I ever see you bother her again, you and I are going to have it out."

"I'm not afraid of you John, never have been. You're separated, and that makes her available. I think it's her choice who she goes out with."

"We're still married, asshole, and she's carrying my kid. The next time I see you near her, I'll beat the shit out of you. I don't care if you're afraid of me or not. Makes no difference to me; you see her again and your ass is mine."

He got in his truck, started it and rolled the window down a little. "Who says it's your kid?" He laughed as he pulled out.

I didn't have time to react but it pissed me off. He was in a vehicle and I was on foot. Again I had doubts. Damn her for what she did to our marriage.

It was about a week later that I was back in the mall. As I walked by the store Amy worked in I saw Cliff hanging round again. I wanted to just go in there and knock him on his ass but I didn't need to get in trouble. I walked down the mall and talked to Beth. I hadn't seen Brent around much and was wondering why.

"Hi, John, what brings you to the mall? Checking up on Amy or do you miss me?"

She smiled when she saw me. Other than Amy, Beth was the only woman I was close friends with. The first time I saw her with Brent was when he got into a fight over her. I thought of hitting on her when Amy was playing both Mark and me, but she was Brent's girl so I stayed away. To be honest, I had thoughts about her before. But I stayed true to Amy, unlike she had to me. Still I had always thought Brent was a lucky guy.

"Both I guess. I see Cliff still goes by her."

"It's not her fault. He always says he's shopping even though he never buys anything. I'm sure it irritates Amy."

"Beth, I rarely see Brent anymore. Ever since I returned from Iowa he seems to be distant toward me."

"Maybe he knows you're going through a lot and he isn't sure how to deal with it. He goes with the kids and me to see Amy once in a while. I hate to say this but maybe he's kind of picking sides in case you two don't get back together."

"Damn, never thought about that. I know this is hard on Amy and me but I never thought about how it affects everyone else. You'll still be my friend, won't you?" I asked and smiled at her.

"I'll always be your friend John, regardless what happens. It might piss Amy off, but she would just have to deal with it. Besides, who's to say you two won't be getting back together."

After giving Beth a hug, I left. Walking out of the mall I saw Cliff standing by his truck. He didn't see me coming.

"I told you to stay the fuck away from Amy, you slime bucket."

"Hey man, like I told you before, you're not with her now and that makes her free game. Besides, she said she would have dinner with me tonight. I'm waiting for her to get off work." Then he laughed at me—big mistake.

I hit him hard in the stomach and gave him an elbow to the side of the face when he bent over. He went down after I planted my knee in his gonads.

"You mother fucker! She's still married to me, and the next time I see you bothering her I won't take it so easy on you."

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,689 Followers
12