Revenge in Advance - Mona

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn, damn, damn, he thought. Why did she have to do that?

But, he reasoned, there was an outside chance it was a false memory placed by MMAS. He looked at Bill and made his decision.

Walking back into the room, he considered his former wife who now looked at him with eyes begging for mercy. She had been suffering, and was suffering now. He decided not to add to her pain.

"Renee, you've given me many years of happiness, two wonderful children and despite everything that's happened, I forgive you," he said, crying. Renee sobbed at his words as did the children who hugged her as tight as they could.

After a few minutes, Renee motioned for the children to be taken into the hallway. Oscar held her close and cried as he heard her whisper, "I love you" and "I'm sorry." He heard what sounded like a death rattle and then, nothing. He looked at her face and knew she had passed away. He kissed her forehead and laid her back in the bed.

"I'm sorry, Oscar," Bill said. "Look, we'll take care of everything. We'll have to do an autopsy first, but the task force will cover her funeral arrangements." Oscar nodded, gathered the children and numbly went home.

Epilogue:

The autopsy revealed that Renee's brain condition was a result of the experimental drugs Pat used on her during that weekend at the retreat. It seems the tumor had been present for some time but was so small that previous scans did not detect it.

Renee was buried in Oscar's family plot with a headstone that read "Loving wife and mother." Oscar did not tell her family everything she had done, but they knew she had spent time in prison for attempting to murder him. He decided to spare them the gory details, for the children's sake.

News reports said the First Lady died of a sudden stroke. The nation mourned her loss as media outlets played video of a grieving President Skaggs. Video of him shedding tears at her gravesite caused his popularity to increase with the "family values" crowd and even former adversaries were reluctant to criticize a man mourning his wife's death. No doubt, Oscar thought, he would probably get re-elected. Lab tests on the chemical she swallowed indicated it was an enhanced version of what Renee used on him. No wonder she died so fast, Oscar thought to himself.

There were also reports of an unidentified woman who was shot while resisting arrest by federal agents. Oscar knew it was Mona Larsen, but her name was never mentioned, nor was there any mention of her relationship to the late First Lady nor the plot against President Skaggs.

Bill was thrilled with the outcome, but informed Oscar that the mop-up operation could last a few years. Not only that, he said some copycats had already started operating.

Oscar's friend also had another surprise for him.

"Oscar, you really need to find a good woman. Maybe you should check out that new hire over in legal, Rita," Bill said.

"Why?" Oscar asked.

"Cause, she's heard a lot about you and she really likes you," Bill said.

"And how would you know that?" Oscar asked.

"Well," Bill said, "she's my daughter and she just happens to be about your age and I happen to know she's available and really wants to meet you."

"You dog," Oscar said, laughing. "You really trying to set me up with your daughter?" Bill laughed and gave Oscar a slip of paper.

"Call her," he said. "She's looking forward to hearing from you. Now don't make a liar out of me."

"Alright," Oscar said, exasperated. "I'll call."

"Good," Bill said. "Just one thing, okay?"

"What?" Oscar asked.

"I really would like some grandkids some day," Bill said with a smile. Oscar laughed.

He called and met Rita, who turned out to be a wonderful, caring woman who just happened to love children. After dating for a while, they fell in love with each other and the kids fell in love with her as well. They eventually got married, with Oscar's children acting as best man and maid of honor.

At least, Oscar reasoned, he wouldn't have to hide his job from her. And it turned out that shortly after the honeymoon, Bill would get his wish sooner than he realized...

Note: This concludes the saga of MMAS, but it is not the end of Oscar's story. Stay tuned...