Rogers Retreat

Story Info
Rough and tumble boy turns into a man and finds love.
20k words
4.73
73.4k
96
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Many of the more well to do in the little town of Waterloo looked down on the Rogers family as did many of the not so well to do. There were many different reasons for this attitude, but they all had some bearing on the family's way of life and physical characteristics. The men were short, wiry, towheaded, thin faced men. They all had prominent adams apples and their voice had a distinct southern whine. It didn't help at all that they came from a poor hardscrabble background. Grandfather Rogers and his daddy and his daddy's daddy all worked a poor hill farm deep in the Tennessee hills. They didn't even know there was a depression until the rich politicians told them and sent the TVA into the hills to steal their farm.

Of course, it wasn't really stealing, they took the land "legally", citing eminent domain and using a lot of other fancy words. After all, they were going to pay for it, even if it was a pittance. Seems as if the family farm that bordered the river was right smack dab in the middle of where the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) wanted to put a lake. They said it would benefit the whole United States and old Mr. Rogers had to give up his farm for the good of all.

Great grandfather Rogers was in his 90's when the TVA came calling, and Grandfather Rogers was no spring chicken. He was 43 when the ruckus started. He and Great grandfather Rogers said no damn Washington Politician or any of his toadies were going to run them off the land the family homesteaded and fought Indians for. It just wasn't going to happen. Every TVA bastard that came to the place was ran off, some by gunfire. The local sheriff fared no better. Luckily Grandfather Rogers was in the Marines during WW I with the district congressman and was able to call in a favor. Grandpa Rogers retired from the Marine Corps after 27 years in 1934. He lied about his age and went into the corps when he was 16. He taught his son and grandson all about hand to hand fighting and shooting. They also learned woodsmanship and about living frugally off the land from birth.

Even with Congressional pull the TVA still took the old house and barn and almost all the farm. What was left though, what grandpa's friendship with the congressman allowed them to keep, was enough for the family to live on if they worked in town. They fought and managed to keep a large island in the middle of the new lake and a small thirteen acre plot of ground on the shore besides. The island from the high water mark to the tip of the highest point consisted of another seven acres. Out of a total of 180 acres pre-TVA the Rogers kept those two little pieces of ground. The island at one time had been the highest point on the Rogers' farm. It still was but now it was completely surrounded by the lake. None of the Rogers men really liked working in town and only did so when it was do that or starve. They raised some very skinny children. They also raised some extremely tough fighters.

Since they no longer had enough land to farm (and admittedly the farming was damn poor even before the lake went in) the Rogers family made do with other kinds of work, not all of which was completely legal and above board. For example they found out they could carry their corn to market much easier in liquid form. They also found they could make more from their small crop if it was liquefied so they did so. The conversion of corn to liquid began before the prohibition and continued every year from then to the present. Naturally, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms frowned on this endeavor and routinely sent agents tromping in the woods in an attempt to prevent the conversion of the Rogers' corn to liquid form. Many of the neighbors liquefaction operations were found and destroyed by the BATF but not once did the Rogers ever lose a still or any product.

Hunting was another area where the Rogers men and those in authority disagreed. The Rogers family hunted to eat whether the game was in season or not. They felt the same about fishing. If they wanted fish, venison, or other wild game they went out and got it, season or license be damned. Again, they had to match wits with those who tromped the woods to catch them violating the fish and game laws. They were routinely successful in this endeavor as well as the liquefaction of their corn.

None of the Rogers men were interested in formal schooling of any kind. Grandfather Rogers quit school in the eighth grade. Lee Rogers' dad finished high school but only because of the kindness of his teachers. His cumulative grade point average was only 1.3 out of a possible 4. Lee Rogers didn't do much better. He finished high school with only a 1.96 out of 4. What most people around Waterloo didn't realize was how highly educated the Rogers men were. They hated formal schooling but excelled in reading and self teaching. Grandpa Rogers and Great Grandpa Rogers insisted, nay beat into their systems, that a man learned the 3 R's and continued to learn throughout his life. All the Rogers men read voraciously and kept a dictionary by their side to look up words they didn't know. Of course, the reading came when they couldn't find anything else to do, preferably outside.

The Rogers men were much happier tromping through the woods hunting or fishing than studying. They worked when they could find work but it was mostly unskilled labor here and there. The rest of the time they spent growing and converting corn to white lightning, hunting, fishing, trapping or just loafing around. Lee, named after his great grandfather's hero General Robert E. Lee was sort of an exception. Lee loved the outdoors but he also loved internal combustion engines. He was a maestro when it came to diagnosing and repairing older gasoline engines. He worked on everything from the smallest air cooled lawn mower and chain saw engines up to truck and tractor engines of all types. Unfortunately, like the other male members of his family he had trouble keeping a job because of the hunting, fishing, and (GASP) moonshine. Yeah, he helped his pappy make it as well as drink it. He even helped deliver it from time to time. The revenuer's hadn't caught on to the fact he ran shine yet.

When Lee graduated high school he was already working part time at a small gas station and garage on the edge of town. It was one of the few small independent service stations and garages still in existence. They sold a few snacks and soda pop but none of the other items the newer convenience stores stocked. What snacks they stocked were more for the convenience of the employees and few customers than for stock in trade. Of course, the older local men that seemed to congregate to visit and kibitz most afternoons purchased a lot of the snack and drink items also. These men were the main reason there were so many rickety chairs scattered around the "waiting area" of the garage and tire shop. In addition to the service station there was a large auto parts store in the building. They made more money selling parts than anything else although flat repair was a large part of their business also. They delivered and that was one of Lee's jobs there also. That is how he met the woman that got him into trouble and ultimately how he met the woman that was to tame him and rock his world.

One hot sweltering summer day Lee was underneath old man Stover's old 78 Chevy pickup replacing the starter when his boss Jimmy hollered for him. "Hey, Lee, get your ass out from under that truck and deliver these parts over to the Chevy garage," he said.

Lee glanced out from under the old truck into the sun beaten dirt lot outside the garage. Sweat was beading on his forehead and running down his face. His shirt was wet with sweat. They still worked in open bays with no air conditioning. Today was the worst heat they had in a while and Lee looked forward to the drive so the hot air could dry his sweaty body somewhat. He said, "OK. Ya want me to do it now or can it wait a while? I got another ten minutes or so here and I'll be done with this one."

"No, get on over there now. They have one they promised would be done tonight and they need the parts ten minutes ago."

Lee climbed up the steps from the pit he was standing in. He left his work light and tools where they lay. His face was dotted with dust that had turned to mud in the sweat. His arms were covered with dirt and grease to his shoulders. There were smudges of grease on his face from where he wiped the sweat off. His once white T-shirt was wet with sweat and covered with mud and grease. To look at him you would think he was maybe fifteen or sixteen instead of the nineteen year old young man he actually was. He stood 5' 7" in his sock feet and weighed 117 pounds dripping wet.

Lee didn't even bother to wash his hands or arms after he walked into the parts store. He wiped his hands on his already filthy blue jeans, grabbed the invoice to double check the parts in the box then picked up the parts box and ambled out to his old F150. He threw the box into the front seat. He climbed into the cab and turned the key. After the engine roared to life Lee sat for a moment listening to the rumble. He smiled and tapped the accelerator to make the engine rev higher. The old truck burbled with a deep throaty sound as the exhaust moved through his flow masters. Lee moved the gear shift into first and gently let out the clutch as he depressed the accelerator. He barely slowed as he drove out of the parking lot and into the light traffic on the street. His left arm was resting on the window opening, the tips of his fingers barely touching the steering wheel. He quickly and efficiently moved through the gears until he was running about ten miles above the speed limit in fifth (high) gear.

The old 1994 F150 4X4 looked rough. The once beautiful candy apple red paint was fading. There were rust spots showing through in several places. Almost every body panel had at least one dent in it. The rear bumper was bent into the right rear fender where the truck had backed into a large tree on one trip into the woods. The tailgate would barely close because of the dents in it. Now that the engine and brakes were in tip top shape Lee was saving money to begin repairing the body of his baby. After the body was once again sharp he would redo the interior and fix the air.

Lee drove through town, windows open and stereo blaring out Country and Western music. It was Friday afternoon and he was trying to decide whether he wanted to spend the weekend camping and fishing on the family island or if he wanted to shave his three day collection of thin whiskers off and go to the local dance hall. He was under age to drink but he still managed to get inside most of the time. If he got inside he could usually talk someone into buying him a few. He usually had to pay, but what the hell. He got some drinks and if he was really lucky he could find some drunken pussy and get his ashes hauled. Sometimes he even managed to tap two different cunts the same night or even spend the night with one of the barflies. Usually the ones he spent the night with were married and their husbands were off gallivanting somewhere on their own but Lee didn't care in the least. He reasoned if he didn't tap that married pussy someone else would. They were out hunting cock after all and if they wanted to step out on their old man he might just as well get the pussy as someone else. Besides, most of the married ones only wanted cock. They weren't looking for commitment and dating. That was fine with him. He wasn't ready for marriage and all the headaches that brought.

Lee drove into the lot at the dealership and up to the entry door for the garage and parts department. He shut his old truck down and pulled the box toward him. After he got out of the truck he picked up the box of parts and sauntered cockily into the building. He moved to the parts counter and dropped the box on it. Lee didn't even look up before he dug into the box for the invoice. Lee heard someone walk up to him and looked up in surprise. It didn't sound like old man Stevens. His eyes opened wider and his mouth dropped open. The most beautiful woman he had ever seen was standing in front of him. She was his same height or maybe an inch taller. She had the most beautiful eyes and her perfect little tits were filling out her T-shirt magnificently. He couldn't speak for a moment and that was strange in itself. Lee was one of those men who had a motor mouth. He always had a line of patter to pass out and this time he was speechless.

The young woman looked at Lee for a moment then sighed. When Lee still didn't speak she snippily asked, "Can I help you?"

Lee finally got control of his mind and voice. "Uh, yeah, I got some parts here for ya." Lee pushed the invoice toward her and continued, "Ya need ta sign here for em."

The woman looked at him then said, "Who ordered them and what job are they for?"

"Hell, I don't know. You all called and ordered them and I brought them here. I just need you to sign for them and I'll be on my way now."

"I am not signing anything until I'm sure we actually ordered these parts. I have to know what job they are for so I can check to be sure you brought the right parts and so I can charge them to the right job."

"Listen, sister, how the hell do I know what job they're for? I just deliver when you all call in an order." Lee was beginning to become angry with the little bitch. She acted as if she was better than him and wanted him to know his place. Lee let his legendary hot temper flare up. He reached for the box of parts and pulled it back toward him. He said, "Listen, Bitch, I don't need your shit. I brung tha parts ya wanted. If ya don't want to sign fer them then I'll just take em back and you can go fuck yourself."

Mr. Stevens was coming out of the office when he heard Lee let loose. He cringed and hurried toward the parts counter. Lee was already leaving the building when the parts manager walked up beside the woman. He yelled, "Wait, Lee, there's been a mistake here I'm sure. I called and ordered some parts. Can you please bring them back so I can sign the invoice?"

Lee stopped and resignedly returned to the counter. He glared at the red faced woman standing beside the parts manager then slammed the box down on the counter once again.

Stevens glanced at Lee and felt a twitch in his stomach. He recognized the look on Lee's face and hoped he wasn't too late to prevent more unpleasantness. Lee didn't win many fights because of his size, but when his temper flared he exploded. He didn't think Lee would injure a woman but he sure didn't want to be here when his temper flared any higher than it already had this afternoon. He had seen some of Lee's tantrums and more than a few of his fights. Lee won maybe one or two out of five fights with other boys and men but even when he lost the opponent wasn't sure that he had won. They were always hurting badly and many times they missed a day or two of school or work after Lee finished with them or after they finished with Lee as the case may be. Lee was so tenacious in a fight that many men and boys now went out of their way to avoid making him angry enough to fight them. He had a reputation much larger than he was.

Todd, the parts manager, put his hand on the girls shoulder and said, "Lighten up there, Sandy. This is Lee from the NAPA parts shop here in town. I called the order in to them a few minutes ago. We don't normally tell them what job the parts are for so he can't tell you."

Lee watched as the beautiful woman's eyes tightened and her lips compressed. She glared at Todd and jerked her shoulder out from under his hand saying, "My name is Sandra. You know I expect you to call me that or Miss Blessant. How many times do I have to remind you of that?

Todd grinned and winked at Lee then walked over to the phone sitting on the end of the counter. He reached for a note pad beside the phone and picked it up before returning. He walked back to where Lee and Sandy stood and showed her the pad. He said, "I usually leave the pad beside the phone with the job information, mechanics name, and the parts I ordered on it. If you feel the need to check the delivery you can usually find the parts list there but there's really no reason to check. If they bring the wrong part or we don't use one of the parts we just return it. They're only fifteen minutes away so it's no big deal if we have to reorder. Hell, it takes us that long or longer to get a part from our inventory sometimes."

Sandy glared at Todd and Lee then took the pad from Todd. She pulled the box toward her and began removing parts from it checking them against the part number and item name ordered. After she was finished she pulled the invoice toward her and angrily signed it then thrust it back toward Lee. Just before she took the parts into the back for the mechanic she gave Lee an angry look then turned to Todd. She said, "I was told one of my jobs here was to insure we billed parts correctly to the specific job and to make sure inventory was correct and accurate. I intend to do just that."

Lee watched as she flounced off angrily. Her B cup titties were bouncing nicely. He was positive she was not wearing a bra. Her absolutely perfect little ass filled her designer jeans to overflowing. Even considering her snippy attitude he felt his cock twitch. Yeah, he decided he needed to go to the bar tonight and find some pussy.

Todd gave Lee a sickly grin and said, "I'm sorry about that Lee. She's a snippy one for sure. She's the boss's daughter and makes sure we all know it. She's been living with her momma out in California but is spending the summer here helping out before she goes to college. I'll try to keep a short rein on her, but I would appreciate it if you could ignore her attitude if you run into her again."

"Well, I'll try, but if she gets in my face we'll rumble Todd. You know I don't take shit from nobody." Lee glanced at the clock over the counter then continued, "I better get on back. I have ta finish old man Stover's truck before I can quit today then I need to get home quick and clean up. Here's your copy of the invoice. Thanks."

Todd laughed and said, "This must be your night to howl then. Heck, I figured you would be heading out to fish this weekend."

"Thought about it but decided I needed to get my ashes hauled instead. If I'm lucky tonight I may go on out to the island sometime tomorrow. Hell, if I'm really lucky maybe I can find some pussy to take to the island with me. Catch ya later."

About eight that evening Lee pulled into the parking lot of Buster's, a local beer bar and dance hall. When he climbed out of his truck into the dusty parking lot a couple of the older women in the lot glanced at him and smiled. Lee smiled back and said, "Howdy, ladies. You all sure do look good tonight."

The women took in his highly polished but worn boots, starched jeans and pearl button western shirt. His black cowboy hat just topped off his spiffy appearance. Their eyes sparkled and both their pussies dampened. They had both been with Lee several times in the past and were each hoping to sample him once again this evening.

After Lee disappeared into the building Sylvia looked at Brenda and said, "Damn, girlfriend, I sure am glad to see him here tonight. I been needing dick bad and he sure has what a girl wants. I'm gonna get me some of that tonight if I can."

"Yeah, me too. He's sure a skinny little fucker. If I'd not felt it in my pussy my own self I never wouldda believed he was packing that thick eight inch piece of man meat between his skinny legs, and, my God, who'd a thought someone as young as he is could use it like he does."

The women smiled at each other once again and followed Lee into the smoky bar. They stopped just inside the door and looked over the room. They spotted their friends along the right side near the dance floor. Lee was already on the floor dancing with Janey.