Roomers Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nothin' did. It was a nine day wonder, big funeral, memorial service. I bought a suit, attended both, made nice to Molly and Amelia. Lots of bitchy speculation about Kelly, but I played dumb, said mebbe the news had driven her off track, and they looked doubtful but didn't say anything. No word of a note from her. I guess McCarthy musta had it in his pocket when he had the heart attack. News reports said he'd been heading into town, driving real fast when the accident happened. I stayed quiet, looked solemn, lived the way I had been, even applied for a few jobs, just in case. Never heard a word from Kelly, and far as I know, neither did anyone else. I still kinda hope she recovered, made a life for herself again.

Annie didn't ask any more questions. She knew I was tense and she used her own therapy and was pleased when time went by and I started relaxin' some. I leaned on her a while I guess, like after Judy. One thing I decided was that I'd never want anything badly again. Three times now the ability had got me what I wanted, and each time the hurt was worse for someone and the fallout was more lethal. My own fault for wanting things bad, I guess, and I vowed never to go for broke again: just stay in halfway decent shape, read a little, daydream, let life come to me in its own sweet time. I've stuck to that. Nobody ever called me greedy and I kinda agree with them.

Jesus, that big bay window was gonna think I'd moved in permanent. I realized that the doorbell had brought me outa my memories and went to open it. Ellen on the step, lookin' exasperated.

'Hey, Doug, you meditating or something? I been jumping up and down outside for five minutes, and you were looking straight through me. You alright?'

'I'm fine, Ellen, just thinkin' about stuff. You wanna beer? It's about time.' She rolled her eyes.

'I swear, you're the most oral guy I've ever met. Every time I see you you're offering me something to put in my mouth.' I didn't reply and she stopped, reddened, and finally giggled. 'Shit, Freudian slop or what? I'll take a beer to begin with.' Sounded promising. The gray clouds of remembered guilt began to drift away as I went and fetched the beer. She took hers and clinked her glass against mine.

'I came to say 'bye for the summer. I gotta schedule like you wouldn't believe and this is the last free day I'm gonna have before I go. I'm working up in Maine till Labor Day, gonna try and make enough money to maybe live here next year if I'm careful.' She glanced up at me from under cautious eyes. 'Would that be a problem for you?' Not what I expected.

'What might make it a problem, Ellen?' She smiled.

'Doug, don't play dumb. Girl-talk is girl-talk. I know Candice spilled the beans that we've talked about you, and I know what you said to her, and I know she's kinda excited about the summer. It's been a while for her, but I told her you were a good starter pack, never pushed, real fun to be with.' She winked at me. 'Told her you weren't possessive, and about your tongue too.' Jesus Christ, women say the goddammest things to each other. I drank beer and pretended to think.

'Shit, Ellen, if you can handle it, and she can handle it, I guess I can. Go make your money, I'll hold a room, we'll sit down after the summer, see if we need ground rules. Friends with privileges oughta cover most of it though.' She nodded and looked pleased.

'What I thought. All settled then.' She got up and came to sit on the couch, gave me a kiss. 'Call me Cinderella today. I'm gonna leave at midnight, get some sleep, but till then I'm all yours.' Her ripe little body was pressed against mine and I felt the tingle of excitement begin. Afternoon fun is always good. She wriggled against me.

'You wanna look in my bag, there's a kinda clue for you.' What the fuck? I reached over the table and picked up her bag, managed to open it. Sittin' right on top of all the usual junk was a pair of panties. I looked at Ellen and raised an eyebrow; she smirked and raised the hem of her skirt just enough so I could get a flash of her pink lips and neat little bush. I ran my tongue out and touched the end of my nose with it and she shivered happily, then stood up and headed for the bedroom, unbuttoning her blouse as she went.

I followed her more slowly: no sense in rushing things. She was dam' near as good a therapist as Annie, and I needed slow and tender. I realized I knew her well enough to say that, and quickened my step.

More on Doug the slacker and his wasted talent soon.