Roomies Pt. 04

Story Info
Mike and Josh in California.
8.8k words
4.71
2.1k
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 03/23/2024
Created 08/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike and Josh 4

Mike's alarm rang at five in the morning. Mike, accustomed to getting up earlier, moved to sit on the side of the bed, stretching and groaning. Josh mumbled something about Mike being crazy and turned to go back to sleep. Mike laid back down next to Josh and whispered in Josh's ear. "I'm not going running this morning, dear. I'm getting ready to go to LA."

Josh grunted and then sat up quickly. "Oh, yeah." Mike laughed as they both got up, pulled on their robes, quickly took care of things in the bathroom, and then returned to their room to dress. They were ready by five forty-five. Dad and Mom were waiting for them in the kitchen. The boys put their bags in the back of Dad's truck. They went back to the kitchen and had a cup of coffee with some Danishes. At six fifteen, Dad and the boys left for the airport, arriving just before seven. Dad dropped the boys off, hugging both and left. Mike and Josh followed the signs to their check in. Since they were the first to arrive for their flight check-in, they were able to keep both bags with them. They quickly passed through security and made their way to their gate. They stopped at a Starbucks on the way, getting each a venti. They also stopped at McDonalds and got breakfast.

They arrived at their gate at about 7:20 and settled in to wait. They finished their breakfasts and cleaned up. At about 8:45, their flight was called. Their seats were toward the front, so they had to wait about 10 minutes to board. They found their seats quickly and stowed their bags overhead and under the seats. They settled in. Mike grabbed Josh's hand and smiled. Mike then leaned to Josh and kissed him quickly. Josh was a little bashful about this. Mike smirked as he sat back in his seat. What a reversal. It wasn't too long ago that Mike was having trouble dealing with public displays of affection. Now he fully felt the meaning of Josh's phrasing about their relationship. Josh had said he didn't give a flying flock of fucking ferrets what others think.

Mike had been thinking about their impending marriage since he had ordered the jewelry. He was surprised when he received Josh's gift at the party last night. It made him want to make this legal as soon as possible. Josh leaned to Mike's shoulder and began to doze. Mike chuckled to himself. This was Josh's first time on an airplane. Josh hadn't been nervous. He was actually way too excited to let nervousness affect him. But Josh could sleep anywhere. Mike used the moment to do some research. He was able to get onto Wi-Fi with his phone. He looked for information about getting married the same day in California. He found a chapel near Anaheim that specialized in quicky marriages. He wasn't thrilled about the cost. He didn't want to surprise his dad with a bill on his credit card. Mike decided that secrecy wasn't really necessary. He messaged his parents.

'Hey, I'm thinking about things on our flight. Would you be put out if Josh and I got married while we're here? We can have a vows ceremony/reception later with family and friends. I just feel like I need to do this sooner than later. I have not yet discussed it with Josh. I wanted to get your input before proceeding.' He added a link to the chapel's website.

It took about fifteen minutes for a response. Mike was very anxious waiting.

Dad replied, 'Kind of sudden, but not unexpected. Your mother and I joked this morning that it would be funny if you came back married. I looked quickly at the website. Use the credit card. Try to keep it under $5000. Get lots of pictures. Mom is talking with Josh's parents right now and they seem to think that your plan is fine.'

Mom chimed in, 'They are a little disappointed that they can't be there but were encouraged by your plan for a ceremony at a later date. Do you guys need anything from us?'

'No, if they have streaming available, I will let you know.'

Both parents sent a thumbs up, Mom adding 'I love you' emoji.

Mike went right to the chapel's website. It linked him first to the County Registrar's office to fill out the online form. It gave the option to have it signed at the marriage venue. He paid the fee and went back to the chapel. He booked 7:00 pm. He chose the option to have the officiator, witnesses and photographer/videographer to be provided by the chapel. The photographer services offered streaming. Mike added that as well. Since they were going to have a bigger shindig back home, Mike decided that they would keep their outfits very casual. Besides, he could make it a surprise easier if he didn't dictate what Josh wore. His total amount was only around $2500. He looked up transportation options. He booked a cab from the hotel, then a limo to take them to dinner and then back to the hotel. He made reservations at a nice steakhouse between the chapel and the hotel. Mike messaged his dad the results and amount as well as the link to the upcoming stream.

Josh roused as Mike finished his plans. He asked where they were. Mike checked his travel app and found they were over southern Nevada, about an hour out of Anaheim airport. Josh reached into his bag on the floor and pulled out a few whips of licorice. He offered a couple to Mike and the enjoyed the snack together.

When they arrived at their gate at John Wayne Orange County Airport, they quickly grabbed their bags and headed off the plane, checked their map, and headed for the hotel shuttle stop just outside the main doors. They only had to wait about 10 minutes. The ride through Orange County was uneventful, but Josh was enthralled. His travels to school were the furthest he had been from home. They arrived at the hotel. They were both surprised at how close the hotel was to the front gate of Disneyland. They disembarked at the front of the hotel and checked in at the front desk. The went up to their room. Dad had booked a nice room with a view of the park from the balcony. The boys put their bags on one of the beds and moved to the couch. They called their respective parents to let them know they had arrived. They then cuddled together, kissing, and just relaxing.

Josh asked about dinner. Mike chuckled and asked if Josh was always thinking about food. Josh shook his head and grabbed Mike's crotch.

"No, I definitely think of this more than food, but I do need to eat," Josh said, kissing Mike quickly. They had missed lunch, but Mike didn't want to get too filled up. They checked the directory provided by the hotel and found a McDonalds within walking distance. They walked hand in hand out of the hotel and followed the directions to the restaurant. They ate casually and then headed back to the hotel. It was about four o'clock. Mike said they probably should get cleaned up for dinner. He then told Josh that Mike had made reservations at a nice steakhouse, and they should dress up just a little. Mike invited Josh to shower with him but told him they shouldn't take the time to play. Josh giggled but accepted the shower. They washed each other, stealing a little pleasure time for each other. They then dried, dressed, and preened each other a little bit.

They met their taxi at the front of the hotel. After an hour, the taxi pulled into a parking lot. Josh didn't notice where they were until after the taxi had left. Josh then noticed that they were standing outside a wedding chapel. He turned to Mike with a questioning look.

"What the hell is this?" Josh said.

Mike shrugged, grabbed Josh's hand, and pulled him to the chapel doors. Inside they were greeted by a smiling lady.

"Good evening, Mike and Josh. Welcome to the Orange Wedding Chapel. Please follow me."

She led them to a side hallway and then into an office. "Jason will be with you in a moment," the lady said and backed out.

"What the hell?" Josh said, maybe sounding a little more sternly then he had intended.

Mike just smiled and shrugged again. He was saved by a middle-aged man entering the office.

"Welcome, Mike and Josh. I am Jason, I will be your marriage officiator today. You met my wife, Julia. She will be one of the witnesses. We have set up the stream and have verified that all parties are present."

Josh looked at Mike again with surprise. "When did you set this up?" Josh asked.

"While you were asleep on the plane."

"Who are the parties that are present?"

"Our parents."

Jason looked surprised, "Oh, it looks like this is a surprise for one of you. As a matter of legal responsibility, I must ask if you are both participating of your own free will. I will ask again during the ceremony."

Both boys nodded.

"Very well," Jason continued. "We will move into the chapel in just a moment. I do have some things to iron out first. According to the reservation, you wanted a simple ceremony, no spoken vows and no ring exchange?"

Mike answered, "That's right. We will have a vows ceremony with our family and friends at a later date."

"Have you decided how you will be named after the ceremony?"

They both looked at each other and shrugged. "We really haven't thought about that I guess," Mike said. "Josh, any ideas?"

"Well, up until last night, I would have just taken your name, but now that my parents are being more accepting, I am not sure. I don't have a middle name, maybe I should just use my current last name as my middle name. The only other idea is that we hyphenate."

Mike sat and thought. He didn't like hyphenated names. "Um, do you think your parents would be put out if we used just my name? It would be simpler. However, we don't have to decide right now."

Josh nodded. "Um, let's call my parents."

Josh pulled out his phone. He dialed his mother's phone.

"Hi, Josh. Is everything okay? We're waiting for the ceremony."

"Ya," Josh answered. "Listen, is Dad nearby?"

"Yes, he is sitting right here with me."

"Will you put the phone on speaker?"

The sound changed.

"Okay," Mom said.

"Hi, Dad."

"Hello, Josh. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. First of all, we want to apologize. Actually, Mike wants to apologize," Mike shouted 'Sorry' in the background. "He set this up on the flight here without even telling me. I was a bit surprised myself. He told me we were going to dinner and the next thing I knew we were at a wedding chapel.

"Anyway, we are trying to decide about names. I wanted to get your feelings about me taking Mike's last name when we marry. We discussed a couple of options, but we both feel most comfortable with me taking his last name."

Both parents were silent for a moment. Josh's dad spoke quietly. "I had hoped you would be able to carry on my family name. But in this day and age, it isn't as important. I am slowly changing the way I think about things. Boys, please make your own decision with my blessing."

Josh was quiet for a moment. His eyes were wet. "Thank you, Dad."

"I love you, son."

"I love you, too, Dad. I love you also, Mom."

"I love you, Joshua. We are eagerly waiting the ceremony." The line went dead.

Josh took a minute to get control of his emotions. "Um," Josh said, clearing his throat, "I will take Mike's last name as my own."

Jason nodded. "Here is your marriage license application. Please check the information, initial the boxes and sign at the bottom. I am a licensed notary," he pointed to a certificate on the wall. "I will notarize it and we'll proceed. May I see your ID's please?"

Mike and Josh reached for their wallets and pulled out their driver license. Jason handed them a pen and they each signed and dated the application. Jason made copies of the driver licenses, attached them to the master copy of the application. Jason then embossed the document and signed his own name in the stamp. He handed the licenses back to the boys. Jason then stood and shook each boy's hand. He guided them through the door Jason had entered from into a modest chapel setting. There was white ribbony fabric on the walls, chairs for about twenty and an arch, decorated with fake florals, but tastefully done. A photographer was waiting near the arch and smiled when we approached. She put out her hand out. "I'm Carmen. I'll be your photographer today. We have the live feed set up," she pointed to two cameras in the corners, pointed at the arch. "I have verified that both sets of parents are waiting. They don't see anything right now, but we will turn them on when the ceremony begins. I have a boutonniere for each of you. May I help you put them on each other?"

She pulled out two flowers, one white rose for each of them. She motioned for Mike to help her pin one on Josh. She then helped Josh pin the other on Mike. She motioned them to pose by the arch, each with an arm around the other's waist. She snapped a couple of shots. She then had them begin to kiss, she snapped a few frames as they approached and then kissed. She had the officiator and called for Julia and the other witness to come in. Julia was accompanied by a young man about the boy's age. He was definitely Jason's and Julie's son.

Julie introduced the young man. "This is Jared. He is our oldest son." Jared shook Mike's and Josh's hands.

Carmen then posed the whole party and shot a few frames.

Jason motioned the boys to under the arch. He positioned himself to Mike's right and Josh's left as they faced each other. Jason nodded to Carmen, who flicked a switch on a control board in front of her.

"Welcome all to the Orange Wedding Chapel, in Santa Ana, California. We are here today to join these young men in the bonds of legal matrimony.

"As you two prepare to commit yourselves to one another, I would implore you to continue to get to know one another. You may think that you know him," Jason said, looking at Josh, then nodding toward Mike, "but there will always be things to learn and that can bring you closer together.

"Now," Jason looked Josh in the eyes, "Joshua Harrison, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall

live?"

Jason paused.

Josh looked at Mike, tears welling up in his eyes. "I do."

Jason now looked Mike in the eyes, "Michael Xavier Belamont, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

Jason paused again.

Mike looked at his lover and smiled, his own eyes now watering, "I do."

"By the power invested in me by the State of California, I hereby pronounce you legally bound and married. You may now kiss as a married couple."

Mike and Josh both smiled and leaned into one another. Jason stepped back and flashes exploded from every angle.

Jason then announced, "Congratulations to you both, I now present to the world, Mike and Josh Belamont."

The boys faced the cameras for another explosion of flashes for nearly five minutes. Carmen then ushered the boys into a small room with two monitors. The monitors showed their parents.

"Yay," shouted Mike's mother, "there's the happy couple. Congratulations, boys."

"Well, done, sons," Mike's father chimed in. "Josh, welcome to the family."

"Congratulations," Josh's father then chimed in. "Welcome to the family, Mike."

"I am so happy for you, Josh," Josh's mother added. "I hope you boys have a great time together and we'll see at the end of the week."

The boys said their thanks and wiped their tears. Carmen ushered them back to the chapel. Jason, Julia, and Jared waited for them at a table.

"This will make it official," Jason said handing a pen to Mike. "Sign here." Mike signed with a small flourish. Jason then handed the pen to Josh. "Josh, sign your soon to be former legal name."

Josh nodded and signed. Julia and Jared then signed, followed by Jason's flourish. Jason sent Julia off with the document.

Jason said, "She will make legal get that filed. Meanwhile, she will produce legal temporary documents that you can use. It will take up to 6 weeks for the State to process the marriage license and certificates. Good luck to you both. When Julia brings back your copies, Jared with show you out. Congratulations and thank you for choosing Orange Wedding Chapel." He shook both their hands and then went off after Julia. Julia came back with a folder. She showed them the documents and shook their hands.

Jared escorted them to the fronts doors and shook hands as well. Josh gasped when he saw the limo waiting. The chauffer stood with the passenger door open, waiting for them. As they approached, the chauffer spoke.

"Greetings, sirs. My name is Jeffrey. I will be your driver for the rest of the evening. We are just ahead of schedule, so I have taken the liberty of preparing a short tour of the area, if that is okay with you."

Josh and Mike looked at each other and nodded.

"Very well, if you would, please." Jeffrey motioned into the vehicle. Mike urged Josh forward. Josh stepped into the limo and settled on the white couch-like seat. Mike followed.

Before closing them in, Jeffrey pointed out the amenities. "There is a mini fridge with drinks. The drinks are non-alcoholic as you are minors. There are a few hors d'oeuvres. My favorite are the shrimp crackers. We will arrive at the restaurant just before your reservation time. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy. I will point out the attractions on our little tour, speaking to you through the intercom. If you need to speak with me, just push the red button on the speaker box on either side of the car. Thank you for the privilege to serve this evening."

He touched the brim of his hat and closed the door.

Mike and Josh giggled as they looked around the current environs. Mike reached out for a shrimp cracker. In seemed to have a creamy spread with herbs, topping with a shrimp. Mike put the whole thing in his mouth. He mmed loudly as the flavors filled his mouth. He reached into the mini fridge and found a sparkling apple cider. Josh grabbed a canape with prosciutto and a slightly different creamy spread. Josh also mmed. He took a sparkling cider from Mike. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Hello, Mr. Belamont," he leaned in and kissed Josh.

When they parted, Josh smiled back. "Hello, my husband." They giggled and kissed again.

They continued to enjoy a few more hors d'oeuvres and sip their cider.

Jeffrey chimed in, pointing to buildings and sights in the Santa Ana city center. He threw in a bit of history. Josh loved that. Jeffrey drove them through the Market District and then they arrived at the restaurant.

Mike recognized the area they were in. It wasn't very far from the hotel. Mike decided that they would walk back to the hotel. When Jeffrey helped them out of the back, Mike shook his hand and left a couple of the hundred dollar bills that Josh's dad and given him. Jeffrey smiled and touched his brim again.

Mike took Josh by the hand and entered they restaurant. The Maître d' greeted them with a smile. He checked his guest list, congratulated them, and motioned for a host. The host escorted them to a semiprivate table and held their seats as they settled. The host also congratulated them, and then presented the menus, water and asked for their drink order. Mike asked about a non-alcoholic sparkling drink similar to champagne. The host said he would send over the sommelier. The host backed away with a smile.

A tall, handsome man approached them a few minutes later. He wore a nice suit and a small glass around his neck on a lanyard. He said that he had a very nice non-alcoholic champagne-like drink they use for parties that include minors. Mike approved and the sommelier congratulated them, backed away and left.

A server approached next, also with congratulatory greetings and guided them through the menu. Mike ordered a ribeye, rare and seasoned only with salt and pepper. Mike chose a fluffy potato dish similar to a twice baked potato and asparagus. Josh ordered similarly but wanted his ribeye medium. Mike nearly choked and talked Josh into medium-rare. Josh also chose the potatoes but opted for green beans for the vegetable.