Ruby Fisher and the Boys

Story Info
Divorced and turning forty isn't fun. Two young guys are.
16.5k words
4.77
68.9k
64
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TxRad
TxRad
5,927 Followers

Ruby Fisher turned forty and celebrated alone. Her son was away at college, her daughter the same. Her asshole husband was dead. That was one plus on her side of the board, she thought as she sat cross legged on the couch eating a bowl of ice cream. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, she had on no makeup, and her face looked swollen from crying.

With a deep sigh, Ruby sat the bowl down on the coffee table and tugged her old flannel robe tighter around her body. "Why can't I get warm today?" She asked the empty room. She glanced at the bowl of ice cream and for the first time today smiled. Then she chuckled and then she laughed almost uncontrollable.

She cut the laugh off sharply and sighed again. "You are one silly bitch," she told herself. She had been feeling badly depressed about being alone on her birthday for one thing and turning forty for another. She glanced at the clock. It was just past seven in the evening.

With a glance at her favorite movie on the TV, she reached for the bowl of ice cream. She stared at the bowel for a moment and then whispered, "I don't really need you." She looked at the TV and said the same thing to the movie.

Standing up, she said aloud, "What I need to do is get off my ass and go do something." Her mind added, "Or somebody."

With a grin on her face, Ruby carried the bowl into the kitchen and put it in the freezer, spoon and all. Then she hurried upstairs to her bedroom, peeling off the old robe as she went up the stairs. Naked, she opened her closet and studied the contents.

She had not been out clubbing but three times since her husband had died. All three times, one of the kids or both had been with her. The thought of going out alone made her shiver with a mixture of fear, anxiety, and a little bit of lust. With the kids along, she had to be mom and set a good example. Alone, well, that could be another story altogether.

Her hand was trembling slightly as she reached for the one and only little black dress but her hand stopped inches from it. Her hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it moved up and down the rack several times before landing on the red dress at the far end. She grinned as she pulled the dress out and held it up.

Without giving herself time to think about it, she took the dress off the hanger, and slipped it on. She zipped it up and then wiggled her hips. It was tighter than she remembered. "Ice cream will do that," she said to the mirror on the closet door.

Ruby eyed the dress. Narrow straps on her shoulders, a square cut neckline that accentuated her cleavage and breasts, a tight bodice, a slight flaring at the top of her hips, and it ended a little below mid thigh. She cocked her head to the side and sighed softly. "Not bad for a forty year old."

She turned and hurried over to her dresser and opened the lingerie drawer. She dug around for a moment and came up with a black thong and a pair of shear thigh high stockings. Sitting on the side of the bed, she put the stockings on. They felt cool and silky on her legs. The elastic at the top hugged her upper thigh. She loved the feel of stockings and wondered why she did not wear them more often.

Standing up, she answered her own question. "You have to have some reason or someone to wear them for."

She picked up the thong and straightened it. She bent at the waist, put one foot in it, and then took the foot out. Feeling wicked and dangerous, she tossed the thong back on the bed and headed back to the closet for a pair of heels.

Her next stop was the bathroom for makeup and hair.

Back in the bedroom, she hunted up her small red purse and transferred her essentials to it. With one last look in the mirror, she turned to go. As she turned, the thong caught her eye. With a soft groan, she picked it up and put it on. "So much for living dangerously," she whispered as she turned off the bedroom light and went to get her long coat out of the front closet.

*****

Ruby parked in the side lot of a club across town from where she lived. There were clubs near her house but there were also many people there that knew her from back when. There was less of a chance of meeting someone she knew over here. Anyway, this place had a younger crowd from what she had read in the newspaper.

She smiled as she got out of the car. It felt good to be out of the house for a change. As she walked toward the front of the club, her steps slowed. When she reached the corner of the building she stopped as she wondered for the third time in the last minute, if this was a good idea.

"You are not going to chicken out," she told herself sharply. Then she headed for the front door of the club and did not stop until she was inside.

The music was fast and loud, the lights were dim, and the place was alive with people. There were several dozen people on the dance floor in the middle of the room. All of the tables had people at them or drinks on them. The main bar was full but she saw several empty stools at the small bar in the back corner. She headed that way.

As she crossed the room, she looked the people over. They were well dressed for the most part and young. Most looked to be early twenties to late twenties. No one looked over thirty. Again, she wondered if this was a good idea.

The small bar had two stools on each end and five across the front. She choose the one on the corner, with an empty stool between her and the wall. She could sit comfortably and watch the people without having to turn around.

The young male bartender asked, "What will it be?"

"White wine," Ruby answered, as she got comfortable, sitting her purse on the bar.

The bartender returned with her wine. "If you are going to be here a while, I'll start you a night tab and put your purse behind the bar."

Ruby nodded, "Thank you. I don't know how long I will stay but...."

He smiled and said, "This is a friendly crowd and it's a slow night so you'll have more company than you can count in no time."

Ruby looked around and then shook her head. "If this is a slow night, I'd hate to be here when the crowd arrives."

The bartender chuckled and said, "Most nights it is standing room only."

Ruby nodded and stuck out her hand. "I'm Ruby."

"I'm Mark," he said as he shook her hand.

Three guys came up to the bar and Mark went to serve them.

Ruby turned slightly on her stool and leaned back to watch the people dance as she sipped her wine. She had her legs crossed at the knee. The toes of her right foot moved up and down, sometimes to the beat of the music and sometimes nervously.

The song stopped and the people scattered to their seats as the band took a break. Ruby let her eyes wander over the crowd at the tables. A table between her and the dance floor had three young men sitting at it. They were in deep discussion it looked like as they were all leaning forward with their heads close together.

One of the guys kept looking her way and then rejoining the discussion. He looked vaguely familiar but she could not place him, if she did know him.

"How are you doing?" Mark asked from behind the bar.

She smiled and nodded. "Not bad at all. Another couple of glasses of wine and I might relax."

"What has you tensed up?" he asked.

Ruby sighed and said, "Today is my birthday, my fortieth birthday to be exact."

"You sure don't look forty. I would have guessed early thirties at the most."

Ruby smiled at him again. "That is very kind of you."

"Kindness has nothing to do with it. It's the truth. My only question is why are you celebrating alone."

"The kids are in college and the husband died so...." Ruby left the sentence hanging.

"Congrats on the kids and sorry about the husband," Mark said softly.

Ruby chuckled. "Thanks for the kids and it isn't much of a loss as far as the husband is concerned."

Customers walked up to the middle of the bar and Mark hurried away to wait on them.

Ruby went back to watching the crowd. The discussion with the three guys seemed to be over as they were sitting back in their chairs. The guy who had looked her way earlier was now staring at her or at least in her direction. Her eyes locked with his for a second and then he looked away. He had definitely been looking at her.

She smiled as she uncrossed her legs and turned to face the bar. He was young enough to be her son, she thought as she sipped her wine. That thought made her frown and then she remembered who the guy was. His name was Rob or Robert and he had been friends with her son in high school. He had been to the house many times.

He had been a skinny kid in baggy shorts and t-shirts. Even his bathing suit had been baggy when he and her son went swimming in the pool. She grinned as she remember a time he had dove off the board and ended up with the baggy suit down around his ankles as he tried to tread water after the dive.

"Mrs. Fisher? You're Tommy Fisher's mother, right?" Someone said from her right.

Ruby looked that way to see Rob standing next to her.

"I used to be but he goes by Tom now and is in college so I'm not sure any more," she said with a grin and then asked, "Is it Rob or Robert?"

"It's Robert but I go by Rob. I'm surprised you remember me, Mrs. Fisher."

"Ruby, please. Mrs. Fisher makes me sound and feel old, and that is the last thing I want tonight," Ruby told him. Rob gave her a questioning look and she explained that it was her birthday.

"Well, happy birthday, how does it feel to be thirty five?"

Ruby laughed and shook her head. "Make that forty. It's just depressing."

"No way you're forty. I've seen you in a bikini, remember. It was four years ago but...." He paused to look her up and down. "I don't think you've changed much. I'd still vote you the hottest mom I know."

Ruby laughed and shook her head again.

"Hey, why don't you cone join us. We can help celebrate your birthday."

"I don't know. I might frighten all the young ladies away and you wouldn't want anyone to think you are sitting with your mother, would you?"

"If my mom looked like you, I wouldn't mind being seen with her anywhere," Rob said and then leaned closer and whispered, "My mother is almost as wide as she is tall. I love her to death but...."

Ruby looked past Rob at the other two guys and shrugged. "Why not. It might be fun and I could use some company."

"Alright!" Rob said and then grinned. "My buddies are going to be drooling with you sitting next to me."

"Should I check my purse for some bibs?" Ruby asked as she stepped down from the barstool.

Rob laughed and used his hand to indicate she should go first.

Ruby picked up her wine glass and walked over to where the two young men were sitting, with Rob right behind her. Rob pulled out the unused chair and she sat down. He sat down next to her. The two guys at the table sat there with their mouths open as they stared at Ruby.

Rob made the introductions. Mike was the short, heavy set, dark haired guy across from Ruby. Ken was the other one and he was tall, slender, and redheaded.

Mike finally got his mouth shut and said, "Glad to meet you."

Ken nodded and said, "I'm glad to meet you also and I must say, you are one beautiful lady."

Rob leaned closer to Ruby and said, "Don't mind him. He's Irish and spreads it on thick. He calls it blarney, we call it bullshit."

"Hey, now," Ken said. "She is beautiful and I still don't believe she knows a loser like you." He smiled and laughed.

"Rob is an old friend of my sons," Ruby said.

Mike looked at Rob and grinned. "He forgot to mention that earlier."

Rob grinned back and said, "Hey, you guys didn't ask any questions and I didn't have to go into any details, so I won fair and square." He held out his hand and curled his fingers several times. "So pay up."

Mike looked at Ken and shook his head. "Do you believe this guy?" He asked as he laid a twenty dollar bill in Rob's hand.

As Ken laid a twenty in Rob's hand he said, "We should know better than to bet with him by now."

Rob folded the two twenties and stuck them in his shirt pocket. Looking at Ruby, he grinned and said, "I bet them five dollars that I could get the beautiful lady in the red dress at the bar to come sit with us. They raised it to twenty. I would have asked you to join us even if there hadn't been a bet but I just couldn't pass up the easy money."

Ruby chuckled and shook her head. "I think this is the first time in my life that I have ever been the subject of a bet. I'm flattered, I think."

"You should be," Rob said with a grin. "We only bet on beautiful women."

Ken grinned and said, "I thought I was the one with the blarney, Rob, but you are laying it on thick."

"I'm only telling the truth," Rob replied and looked at Mike. "Am I lying?"

"Nope, not from where I sit," Mike said, his eyes on Ruby.

"Come on guys, you're going to make me blush and that would not be a pretty sight," Ruby said as she shifted in her seat under the stares from all three of the young men. She had not had this much attention in years.

About then the band started back up and conversation was all but impossible unless you yelled into the person's ear next to you. Rob grinned at her, took her hand and led the way to the dance floor. The beat was heavy and fast. It had been a long time since Ruby had danced and even longer since, she had danced to fast music like this.

Three songs later, she was breathing hard, with a nice sheen of perspiration coating her body, but she was having a ball. It had not taken long for her body to remember how to move. The skirt on the red dress had been flying and sometimes flying high. She was glad she had worn the thong after all. If she hadn't she would have been much more reserved in her dancing.

The next song was a slow one. Rob took her left hand in his and pulled her close as he put his arm around her waist. Ruby place her free hand on Rob's shoulder and moved closer as they started across the floor. He was a smooth dancer and she had no problem following his lead.

They made a slow circuit of the floor and then Rob paused and stepped back. Ruby was confused for a second and then Ken was standing in front of her. "I hope you don't mind," he said as he took her hand and put his arm around her.

Ruby smiled at him as they started to dance. Ken held her closer and tighter but he was as smooth a dancer as Rob. When they made several turns, Ken's knee was between hers and his upper thigh brushed her sex. Then they slowed as the song ended. Ken held her close for a moment and then started to move back when another slow song started.

He pulled her very close and started to move. With a grin he said, "Rob will be back to cut in very shortly so I had better enjoy this while I can."

Ruby chuckled as he held her tightly and danced slowly. His right hand was flat against her back just above her tailbone. It felt warm and strong. Her right hand was now on his shoulder and her left on his upper back. She had not been held this closely in a very long time and it felt good. It brought back good memories.

She had her head close to Kens shoulder. A hand appeared and tapped it. Ken ignored the tap and then the hand tapped a second time and ken stopped dancing with a groan. "I told you he would be here."

Ruby laughed as she switched partners. Now Rob was holding her just as tightly as Ken had as they started to move slowly to the music. Rob was more her height in heels so her head was on his shoulder. She relaxed against the young man and flowed with the music.

When the song ended, Rob dipped her to the left and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Ruby laughed as he pulled her back up and said, "I've always wanted to do that... dip someone that is."

"I've never been dipped so you get a first time for that," Ruby said with a grin.

"Hot damn, my first cherry," Rob said with a big grin.

The band was taking another break so Rob escorted her back to the table. "Where is Mike?" Rob asked Ken as they sat down.

"Some cute little redhead I've never seen before came by and he left with her," Ken said with a sigh. "I don't know how he does it but... man, some of the women he ends up with are pure foxes."

"It's his quiet shy manner," Ruby said softly. "Plus he's a big old teddy bear and you know how some young ladies love their teddy bears."

Rob grinned and whispered, "They had better be careful of that teddy bear, he loves to eat and eat and eat."

Ruby almost spit the sip of wine she had just taken as she tried to swallow and laugh at the same time. Ken just shook his head with a grin of his own. "I've never heard anyone complain." Looking at Ruby he asked, "Would you complain?"

"Not in the least, anytime and anyplace" she said and then felt her face get warm as she realized what she had said.

Ken looked at her with his mouth slightly open. Rob laughed and said, "I don't think he expected that answer. He was going for the shock factor and it backfired."

Looking at Rob, Ken said, "Uh, yeah. I forgot she wasn't one of the usual easily shocked young ladies that hang out around here."

Ruby grinned and whispered, "Yeah, I saw some of them hanging out while the fast dancing was going on. Do the younger ladies always flash their breasts so much these days or is tonight something different?"

"Nope, about normal," Ken said. "But they seem to stay out longer on Friday and Saturday nights."

"The club used to give out t-shirts and such for girls who flashed but they had to quit after a while. They were going broke buying t-shirts." Rob said and then asked, "Have you ever flashed yours?"

"Not in a very long time and never in a club or such a public setting," Ruby said and then grinned. "I might have to try it when the band comes back."

Ken's mouth was open again and then he whispered, "No way."

Rob laughed and said, "You weren't watching her close enough while we were dancing earlier. Either she's wearing a thong or nothing under that dress because her bare ass was showing during a couple of her moves."

Ruby felt herself blush as Rob smiled at her. "And a mighty fine ass it is, I must say."

"Well shit, I miss all the good stuff," Ken said with a deep sigh.

Ruby picked up her wine glass and drained it. "Uh, I think I need another one or three of these," she said standing up. "Do you guys need another beer?"

Ken stood up and took her glass. "It's my turn to buy," he said with a wink.

As he headed for the back bar, Ruby sat back down. Rob looked at her for a moment and then said, "I need to keep my mouth shut. I didn't mean to embarrass you."

Ruby chuckled and shook her head. "Don't worry on that account, I do that very well and very often all by myself."

"Yeah, maybe but I wasn't helping any with my comments."

"I'm wearing a thong, by the way. I almost left the house without it but changed my mind at the last minute," Ruby confessed and then wondered why.

Rob grinned and leaned closer to her. "You would be surprised at how many women in here are not wearing panties or a bra, for that matter." His eyes dropped to the cleavage at the top of her dress.

Ruby raised her hand and covered the place where his eyes were. "No, I'm not wear one either."

Rob reached over and moved her hand. "You don't need one, either."

Ruby laughed and shook her head. "They ain't what and where they used to be."

"They look fine to me," Rob whispered, his eyes back on her cleavage. "I know some women half your age that can't show that much and do it as nicely."

Ken returned and sat a wine glass in front of Ruby and a beer in front of Rob. As he sat down he asked, "What are you two plotting?"

"We were discussing bras, panties, and uh, cleavage, among other things," Rob said with a grin in Ruby's direction.

Ruby nodded and added, "The only plotting was on Rob's part. I think he was trying to figure out the best way to get me out of this dress."

TxRad
TxRad
5,927 Followers