Sacrifice Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'd only left for a moment Sir, I swear! Left my kit down in the guardroom, you see and.. when I returned... there it was." The door to the towers parapet opened and the guardsman waved a hand.

In the middle of the open space was a large oaken chest almost half the size of the Captain himself. An iron key as large as his hand dangled from a string next to the keyhole. Carved into the wood of the lid was "CAPTAIN REEVES MINHOLLAH" and in smaller letters beneath that "FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLE." The letters were carved almost all the way through the thick oak of the lid as if some mad woodcarver had gone insane with a chisel.

The almost forgotten memory of a sound returned. "Tink! Tink!" and a thin screech as the huge razor sharp claw of the dragon had sliced a furrow into the iron breastplate of his missing friend.

That talon could have easily carved this.

"Should... should we open it, Sir?" The Captain of the guard glanced over his shoulder at the wide and somewhat frightened eyes of the young guardsman.

"Leave me, Mullins. Wait for me downstairs in my office. I'll be down directly. Shut the door."

"Yes, Sir." The trooper dutifully closed the door behind him as he left.

Alone, Reeves studied the chest almost sadly. He missed his friend. He missed his mind and his heart and his warmth and his wit. He would have given almost anything to see Andy's smile once more. Lifting his gaze, he scanned the sky wondering how such an immense beast had managed the top of the tower in the morning sun without being spotted. Perhaps his crews needed some more drills to keep them alert.

Back to business!

The lock operated smoothly as if it had been recently oiled and worked as the heavy key moved almost effortlessly. Not a single squeak or squeal came from the iron hinges as the lid lifted. A brilliant gleam erupted from the inside briefly and he slammed the lid again hastily. Closing his eyes, he regained his composure then opened the chest again.

Gold! Lots and lots of it. Enough treasure to make Laketown a rich city, indeed. Enough for more guardsmen and horses. Enough for a bigger city hall. Enough to expand the harbor and build more ships. The chest was heaped with gold coins and other treasures. A jeweled diadem bearing a emerald the size of his thumb shone in the dawning sunlight. Rings set with stones and cups and...

A letter. Sitting atop the treasure. The envelope addressed in Andrew's handwriting. His heart dared to soar. Was his friend still alive? Did the dragon make good his promise?

With fingers trembling he opened the envelope and withdrew the parchment to read his lost friends words.

"My Dearest Captain-

Yes, I still live. Alive and well in the dragons lair. Lord Grond has honored his promise as he said he would. My life here is not horror and death, as I had feared. It is not easy by any stretch, but all in all it is not bad. I am alive and well and prospering. Learning much from this ancient mind. Things that would astonish even the wisest among you.

That reminds me. Before I forget: Tell Wintermere he was wrong. Tell him stay away from the blood. It will kill him. And tell Old Mabel ~blushes~ that she was right. Just that and no more. They will know what I mean.

On to Master's agenda.

As I am sure you are aware, the time for another sacrifice draws nigh. Lord Grond's requirements still stand. They must be comely, willing and no more than twenty. To be left dressed in white on the stone as agreed.

To this I add my own words, with Master's agreement. This is not a death sentence. It is a unique opportunity. To learn the ways of one older than the world itself is both a challenge and a signal honor. The next one chosen must be strong of mind and body and heart. Only the very best will be able to accept this challenge and survive.

So instead of a dreaded lottery, make the choosing a competition. On that one fright filled eve, Master Grond spoke to you and said "Choose wisely, Reeves Minhollah." I now repeat those very words. Choose wisely.

Back to a more personal note.

Though I miss my old life and all of my friends, you hold a special place in my heart, my Captain. You Sir, I miss most of all. In more ways than you may ever know. You are always in my thoughts.

Be safe and well and prosperous.

-Andy MacMeel

P.S. If it makes a difference, I too am partial to redheads.

P.P.S. You can imagine the trouble I had convincing Him to release even this small part of His treasure. I do hope you and the townsfolk appreciate my efforts."

Captain of the Guard Reeves Minhollah read the letter twice then folded it back into the envelope and slid it into his pocket. Only select portions of that letter would be read to the Council. And relayed to the rest of the townsfolk.

The rest was nobody's business.

One month later.

Jenny Gardener sat on the white stone, trying her best to still the wild beating of her heart. She was at once frightened and elated at being chosen for this great adventure and she fervently longed to be equal to the task. All of her life she had dreamed of dragons and learned every scrap of lore she could find.

And now her dream was going to come true.

If only she could stop shivering!

It didn't help that she wore a plain white robe with absolutely nothing underneath. Her little nipples were hard (with the cold, she told herself) and rubbed against the material, distracting her thoughts. What brought a hint of color to her pale freckled cheeks was that she could also feel herself getting increasingly wet between her thighs.

As the chill fog arose all about her, obscuring any view of the world more than arms length away, Jenny lifted her knees and wrapped her arms around them. She huddled for warmth and comfort as she waited and shivered.

"So beautiful..."

A flash of fire and the girls mind whirled away into darkness.

She awoke, much to her surprise.