Saudi woman marries Haitian man.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There were tensions between the white population of Paris and the fast-growing immigrant communities, most of whom came from countries outside the European Union. The number of mosques in Paris skyrocketed, in part due to the stalwart efforts of Muslim preachers. Someday, there would be a reckoning between the ethnic minority Muslims of France and the white population, for they were polar opposites in faith, lifestyle and outlook but that day was far away, or so I thought. In the meantime, all I could do was live my life. And what a life it was. I embraced my newfound freedom in Paris, France, and cherished every moment I had with my beloved Philemon. Ours was a passionate marriage.

On July 3, 1970, our first son was born, Suleiman Jacques Pierrot. I insisted on giving him an Arabic name over a Haitian or French one because I am still an Arab woman, though no longer Muslim. Philemon wasn't thrilled about it but eventually he came to learn that what I want, I usually get, so fighting me is useless. Besides, he never could resist me, you know. Love is all about compromise, though. Philemon isn't circumcised, for the practice is uncommon among Caribbean people. He didn't want our son to be circumcised either. I was reluctant, as you can imagine, for even though I walked away from Islam, circumcision has been part of daily life in the Middle East and the nearby lands for eons. Jews practice it, as do various other peoples within the region. Circumcision is unnecessary and useless, Philemon insisted. Eventually I acquiesced, and allowed our son to remain intact. I'd already parted ways with so many traditions of my people, what's one more?

Philemon and I graduated from the University of Paris in 1972, him with a civil engineering degree and myself with dual degrees in social science and law. In 1974, a daughter was born to us, Fatoumatta Pierrot. You should have seen her, such a radiant beauty with my eyes, and my skin, but her father's hair and strong chin. In 1980, following some public interest and a spike in racial crimes and anti-immigrant sentiment, Philemon and I decided to leave France for the new world. It wasn't easy for us to leave Paris, for we'd been there for ages. It was the only place outside of Saudi Arabia that ever truly felt like home to me. We decided to settle in Montreal, Quebec. Philemon worked for Hydro Quebec while I began working for the social services department, after they took a long time acknowledging my educational credentials from France.

It wasn't easy for us to adjust to a new country, even among fellow Francophones. The cultures were so different. The cuisine, the arts, everything was different. And don't even get me started about the languages. Quebec French is so different from Parisian French it's not even funny. When I first set foot in Montreal, it took me six months to understand French Canadians odd dialect. Philemon too struggled with it, for he'd learned Parisian French in Haiti and spent decades in France practicing it. By sharp contrast, our son and daughter forgot all about Parisian French and embraced Quebec French and Canadian English in a matter of months. What marvelous things our youngsters are!

In 1993, our son Suleiman Jacques Pierrot graduated from the University of Montreal with a bachelor's degree in business administration. He later earned his MBA at McGill University and these days, he works for the Quebecor Media Corporation. While at McGill he met a lovely red-haired and emerald-eyed French Canadian woman named Annabelle Tremblay. In 1994, a son was born to them, my first grandbaby Djohar "Joe" Pierrot. A beautiful blend of Haitian, French Canadian and Saudi Arabian, with some Ethiopian and Yemeni in his ancestry. His sister Jasmine followed in 1996, followed by a second grandson, Omar Pierrot.

As for my daughter Fatoumatta Pierrot, Philemon and I waited in vain for her to introduce us to a nice young man. Our little bundle of joy grew up to be a tall, caramel-colored sportswoman. While studying organic chemistry at Concordia University, she developed a passion for women's rugby and even represented Canada at the Olympics...twice. On Thanksgiving morning of this year, Fatoumatta introduced our family to her good friend Yvonne Thompson, a tall, dark-skinned and athletic young Jamaican-Canadian woman. The two of them apparently met at the gym near Fatoumatta's job and hit it off. I think my dear Philemon's jaw dropped when our daughter revealed to us that she was a lesbian, but I wasn't too surprised. I think a part of me always knew. My daughter the tough tomboy with the heart of gold always had tons of male friends but zero boyfriend. Over a period of almost forty years, that's a pretty damn good clue.

Your happiness is all that matters to us, I told my daughter Fatoumatta as I gave her and her partner Yvonne a simple hug. Thanks ma, Fatoumatta said. Welcome to the family young lady, Philemon said, exchanging a firm handshake with Yvonne. Thank you sir your daughter is in good hands, Yvonne said with a smile. Philemon looked the Jamaican gal up and down. Strong grip you got there, he laughed as he massaged his hand. I looked at my husband, smiled and then ushered everyone into the dining room. We tend to eat thanksgiving dinner with the TV on, with a CFL game playing. I'm really into Canadian professional football, which Philemon regards with disdain since he considers soccer to be the "real" football. Ha! Give me some strapping lads in helmets and tights over those guys in shorts any day. Yes, I'm married and I'm an older lady but a gal's got to have her pleasures.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The story of how a Saudi Muslim woman walked away from Islam for the love a Haitian Christian man, moved to Paris, France, and started a family, and eventually ended up in Montreal, Quebec. If you'll excuse me, I've got to go. I've texted my lady friends from the church that I'll be running a tad bit late. First I've got to get to the grocery store. There's a certain white female clerk to whom I'm going to give a piece of my mind. If the foolish woman refuses to apologize or mend her ways, I'll sue the bloody store. I'm a lawyer with decades of experience and I'm licenced to practice on two continents. Nobody racially profiles my grandson, and I do mean nobody. If you go after my family I'll bring you hell. You've been warned. Peace be upon you.

12