Sex and Violence

Story Info
In mainstream culture, sex is out - violence is in.
966 words
4.29
26.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Goldeniangel
Goldeniangel
12,578 Followers

Sex is out, violence is in.

It's amazing, in America you can see a severed head in a PG-13 movie... but you can't see a woman's breasts without the movie being Rated-R. So that means that a severed head is less severely affecting to young minds than a woman's body?

Horror movies are all the rage... people getting their heads chopped off, nails pulled, their bodies being torn apart in grotesque ways. You can even find that on Prime-Time television... not with all the gory details sure, but you know what's going on. You can see the aftermath. CSI in particular tends to have nightmarish detail with their dead bodies.

But sex? No... sex is bad.

Forget that almost everyone in America is having sex (or going to have sex at some point in their lifetime) - versus the amount of people who will kill, mutilate, or maim a person. Let's look at the things that rarely happen and be totally open about that and just ignore the whole sex thing. After all, sex is much more private right? Well, unless you're the President of course.

Violence is everywhere. On TV, in the movies, on the news... but sex? Nope. Sex is an expression of love... and that's bad to show to people for some reason. Even just sex for the sake of sex isn't a good option... Let's not show the enjoyment. Stick with the downers, the evil, the darkness of the earth.

Seriously, what's wrong with looking a person's body? We all have body parts. 50% of the population has the same body parts... and the other 50% also all have the same body parts. What is the big deal? Why is it ok to look at a bloody stab wound, but not breasts? At someone shooting another human being, but not at two people making love?

And people wonder why sex has become warped.

We can't talk about it. Young people especially can't talk about it, not with anyone who's older than them. Across the country, there are people taking steps to talk even less about it, trying to pare Sex Education down to Abstinence-Only. Even in school, the place to ask questions and to learn, it's not ok to talk about Sex openly and honestly. That's a no-no. Or at least some people are trying to make it that way.

Sex is used in politics for major scandal... and why should we care? Seriously? The only thing I would think if George W. managed to have an affair is "How could ANYONE be attracted to THAT?!". I don't think it would affect his running the country, just like I didn't really think it affected Clinton - other than people trying to make it affect him. But you know that people would be jumping all over it.

It's a major scandal when we find out that Brad Pitt was possibly having sex with Angelina Jolie BEFORE his marriage was over with Jennifer Aniston. And oh my god... Paris Hilton has a sex tape? On the internet?!!! How scandalous!

But when OJ Simpson got away with murder... no one cared anymore. Trial over, scandal over. Murder has less effect than the agonizing months of Brangelina/Jennifer magazine coverage. They're STILL coming out with stories on it.

People are dying every day, being killed both at home and in Iraq, bombings, etc. But what people talk about is Jessica Simpson getting a divorce from Nick Lachey. It's a sad sad world my friends.

In the paper recently, I've been reading about the cops busting up prostitution rings. And I wonder... do they just not have anything better to do? Are there no drug rings in their area? No murders? No MS-13? They had an awful lot of officers involved... which ended when it became apparent that the officers were actually receiving services from the prostitutes in order to prove that they were prostitutes.

Which was a big scandal, because the officers were getting some.

Can't we save prostitution as the last of our attempts to get the streets clean? Like, seriously. I'm a lot more worried about the drug dealers than the prostitutes. Especially prostitutes in established brothels... I'm a little worried about some of the ones on the streets but only because many look far too young to be out there. And why is Nevada the only state where prostitution is legal? If they really wanted to clean up the prostitute's acts, wouldn't the best way be to regulate it?

Sex is going to sell whether it's underground or acknowledge. At least if it's acknowledged there's some control.

But no. Selling sex is bad. Sex is bad. Don't show it. Don't look at it. Must be 18 and judgmental to view (another question... why do there seem to be a plethora of Literotica readers that aren't here for the sex? Reading stories that they know they won't like? I know I've asked this question a million times, but it's still out there).

Personally, I'd rather know that a teen is having consensual sex, protected and informed with someone of their age than have them doing Ecstasy or something. Or committing murder or robbery or rape. But that sweet consensual loving sex is exactly what is missing.

Seriously, if aliens were to watch our televisions, they'd probably think that we were all violent animals who rarely pro-create by non-violent means. The most love that you see is in today's Prime-Time comedies. Which, by the way, are dying.

Yay murder, rape and violence.

Note: Not to say that I don't love those shows too... Law and Order: SVU is particularly good... but if we can watch that at 10pm at night, why not Sex in the City? WITHOUT the edits?!

Just some of my rambling ponderings.

Goldeniangel
Goldeniangel
12,578 Followers