Sing Me a Song

Story Info
It was nine o'clock on a Saturday.
926 words
3.73
36.7k
28
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sing me a song

Bill Martino sat quietly after walking up to the piano bar at the Wilshire Hotel in LA. The regular crowd had shuffled in even though it was Christmas Eve. It was nine O'clock on a Saturday and he was sick of what had happened with the love of his life, his wife Brianna. He thought about her as he checked the tuning of the piano.

Bill and Brianna had met in the college music room. Both were majoring in music arts and both were very talented. She was a raw talent with a sweet singing voice and played the guitar whereas he was an established pianist since he was eleven years old. Both were outgoing when it came to performing but were introverted when it came to romance and relations with the opposite sex.

It took five dates before he got to second base but the baserunning went faster as he rounded second and headed to third. However, he was picked off trying to steal home and had to wait until they were married before scoring. It was on Christmas Eve one year ago when they married in a small wedding in Normal, Illinois with only family and a few friends in attendance.

They both began teaching music in local high schools and loved their jobs. To add to their income, they formed a small band with another couple who had already created a following singing rock and roll. Bill played the organ while Chet played the sax. Chet's girlfriend Chantelle and Brianna played guitar and sang. The women were complete opposites. Brianna was tall with long legs and a small bust whereas Chantelle was short with big boobs and a round ass. Together they provided just about every man's fantasies.

After playing at the State Fair a music producer saw their performance and offered them a lead-in spot for a bigger known singer. It was good money but not enough for both Bill and Brianna to give up their teaching jobs and benefits. He told her to go traveling with the group.

*

He was distracted back to the present by John at the bar who was a friend of his. When the owners weren't there, he gave Bill his drinks for free. "Here you go lad," John smiled. "We've heard about your wife and...you know...the photo in the LA Rag news. Have you talked to her?"

"Nope and never plan to talk to her again. She's made her bed and I wasn't in it."

John moved closer to the piano, "Has she tried to talk to you? You probably need to talk and find out her side of it."

"Her side of it? How can she explain being naked in bed with two of the band members?"

Paul, a real-estate novelist agreed. "Hell yes, Bill. Burn the bitch. That's why I never waisted a minute to find a wife. They are all cheating sluts."

"I wish I had listened to my wife before I dumped her, an old man said making love to his tonic and gin. "But Brianna did look out of it in those photos."

"Everyone has a suggestion," said the lifer Davy. "Not me. I'm married to the Navy.

"HEY, HAS.... EVERYONE HEARD.... MY WIFE IN BED WITH TWO GUYS?" Bill asked in his microphone.

"No," answered the waitress practicing politics. Will you play a few bars of it?"

"What a bunch of idiots," Bill muttered. He came here tonight to soak his wounds and to forget about life for a while.

"OK fuck this," Bill smiled. "This is a song I wrote about Uptown Girl." He started singing not noticing the others turn and stare at the doorway.

He got into the song,

"Uptown girl.

You know I can't afford to buy her pearls.

But maybe someday when my ship comes in.

She'll understand what kind of guy I've been.

And then I'll win.

I'm in love with an Uptown Girl."

He was quickly interrupted by a familiar feminine voice,

"Honesty is such a lonely word.

Everyone is so untrue.

Honesty is hardly overheard.

And mostly what you need from me."

He stopped playing and turned to see Brianna crying. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Everyone was so untrue, Baby. That photo was photoshopped. Chantelle doctored it to get back at Chet and me. I have the original one to prove it. Please talk to me." She held up the original photo.

Every eye was on her as she moved slowly up to the piano. He picked it from her shaking hand and looked at it closely. The photo was the same except it was a naked Chantelle between two unknown guys. "I'll give you that but why was she getting back at him and you?"

"I knew you were going to ask that. Chet asked me to do my own single at the next performance. She got pissed and thought she should have had it instead. I didn't know about the doctored photo until it was already out there. I've been trying to call but you shut me off. I have left the group and am coming home. So, play me a song you're my piano man."

He played and they both sang:

La, la-la, di-dee-da

La-la, di-dee-da, da-dum

Epilog:

Bill and Brianna settled down and had two kids. They both lived into their sixties however Chantelle lived to Ninety-nine. Why? Because 'only the good die young'.

Ending note: Love the Piano Man song. Hope I didn't mess it up too bad. Thanks...SK742