Space Colony: Eve.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's just ridiculous. Who is it that lets all the other mothers work on the farms by looking after their children? Who is it that teaches those children something more than just how to read and write? That's more help than any amount of sawing wood or ploughing fields." A thought struck me. "And if you'd been a boy I suspect you'd have eloped with Stella by now." I laughed.

She turned to look at me, a puzzled expression on her teary face.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you're so alike. The reason she's able to bug you is because she knows what bugs her. I know she wants to be a rebel, and I think you do too. The pair of you express it in different ways though. She lets it out, you bottle it up."

"At least the ages would have been right." She sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"All the older men are already married and all the boys here are younger than me, so if I wanted a boyfriend he'd be more immature than me."

"Nearly all boys are more immature than you are Eve. You grew up quickly."

"I know." She wailed. "I scare them all, and it's because they all know that I'm 'first-born'." She sat up and looked deep into my face, my soul even, with her tear-filled eyes. "I've never even been kissed by a boy you know."

"Do you want to be?" I asked, puzzled by the statement.

"YES!! Yes. I want to be kissed. I want you to kiss me." She said passionately.

Suddenly I wanted that too. I wanted to kiss this lonely, beautiful young woman. I took her head in my hands and gently pulled her face towards me. I kissed her on the forehead, and then kissed away her tears before kissing her properly. Our lips met and in that moment I knew I had been stupid in trying to deny my feelings for her. I loved Eve, and had done since the moment I'd first seen her.

"Eve, I have a confession to make. I'm guilty of the same thing all those boys were. Because you are the 'first-born' I've been scared of my feelings for you. I'm sorry. Let me put it right now by saying I think I might be in love with you."

She looked at me in shock.

"You do?" I nodded. "That's lucky then." A huge grin, a smile like I hadn't seen since that first day, spread across her face. "Because I know I love you. I got really angry with Stella when she was flirting with you."

"I thought it was you that warned her off." I grinned back. "Can I kiss you again?" In answer she wrapped her arms around me and kissed me as hard as she could. It was a long deep kiss. After we parted I said. "Wow! Now I know what I was missing, I really wish I hadn't been so stupid."

"You mean that?"

"Of course I do." I looked up at the sun. "But we have to get back to 'Sideways' soon. Stella is having to run your Dad's store and Grace is looking after the children, and everyone is worried about you."

"Did anyone call Dad?" She asked, the thought suddenly occurring to her.

"I asked them not to, but I've been gone so long they might have by now."

"Then you're right, we'd better go. I don't want to worry my parents." She stood up.

We walked slowly back to the village hand in hand. As we did, I spotted a small hover transport approaching the landing site.

"That'll be your Dad." I said, pointing.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Nothing was due in today." I shrugged. "Somebody has blabbed. Sorry."

"It's my own fault. I should have asked Stella to open the store before I ran off."

"Will they be upset?"

"I don't know. Dad might be angry. Mom will certainly be worried."

"I did try to stop anyone getting in touch with them."

"I know. Thank you for trying."

"I think I'd better call Stella up and tell her you're all right. She can pass it on."

"I suppose." A frown creased her lovely brow. "I'm scared Dee. I don't know what to say to them."

"Just tell them the truth. They'll understand that. And I'll be there with you."

She squeezed my hand gently in appreciation.

By the time we reached the store Dave and Lisa had met Stella and were waiting for us inside. As we entered everyone else came out, shepherded by Stella, who gave us both a sly wink as she passed us. Eve looked down at the floor as she was pinned by her fathers stare. I took her hand again to reassure her. Lisa hugged her daughter, not saying a word until she hugged me too.

"Thank you for finding her."

"It was little Maggie who gave me the clue, though I suspect Stella had a hand in it." I reddened, unused to such shows of affection.

Dave finally spoke. He sounded a little disappointed and angry.

"Eve, exactly what were you thinking? Your mother was frantic."

"I'm sorry daddy, I wasn't thinking at all." She was on the verge of crying.

"I did try to stop anyone calling you and causing you to worry sir." I spoke quietly, not sure if admitting this was good or bad.

"Thank you for thinking of us. It was more than Eve did." That did it, Eve burst into tears. I held her close and stroked her hair once again. Dave gave in and pulled her to him and hugged her. "Oh, Evie. Why couldn't you just talk to us about this?"

"Sir, I can't help thinking that I'm partly to blame for all this." He looked at me with a questioning eyebrow raised. "If I hadn't been so reticent to tell Eve how I felt, then I feel this would never have happened."

Lisa smiled, a sparkle in her blue eyes.

"So the pair of you finally realised what was going on?"

"Eventually." I said sadly. "I grew up without any women close to my own age around, so I'm afraid I'm a bit dim when it comes to dealing with them."

"You and me both son." Dave smiled. "We need to sort a few things out I think." He paused. "Tell me, as a government official, can you perform a civil marriage ceremony?"

"DAD! We only kissed you know!" Evie exclaimed.

"I didn't mean for you sweetheart." He laughed now. "How can he marry himself? I meant for your mother and me." He saw the look on both our faces. "There was no-one to do it before. And we thought we should set an example."

"You...You weren't married before you came here." I asked.

"I'd never even seen Dave before he dived into the escape pod." Lisa joined in. "And things weren't easy to start with; he didn't seem to like me at all. In fact I almost had to demand he kiss me."

"I just did that!" Eve exclaimed.

"It looks like there might be two weddings on the horizon." Dave said, a happy glint in his eye.

"I...I haven't got as far as asking Eve about that yet sir." I stammered.

"But you're thinking about it?"

"It has crossed my mind in the last couple of hours, I have to admit."

"Eve?" He turned to his daughter.

"I've thought about it every day since I first met him Dad. When I thought he wasn't interested it made everything seem even worse. I knew the 'first-born' thing was getting in the way."

"Don't blame Dee for that. It bothered me sometimes too. How should I discipline such a famous child?"

"Even you Daddy? And Mom?" Lisa nodded sadly. "I was right, it is a curse." Eve shook her head.

"Eve. Darling Eve." I turned her around and looked into her pretty, tear-filled eyes. "I've tried to tell you all day. It's just a description; it doesn't define who you are. If we try we, all four of us, maybe everyone, can get over this. Look at how Stella treats you. She doesn't put you on a pedestal; she treats you as an equal. All this time she's been trying to get you to put this nonsense aside and be human, not some mythical, mystical creature that only exists in peoples minds, particularly yours. Let it go."

"He's talking sense precious." Lisa said.

"I love you Eve. There, I've said it. I should have said it properly before, so I'm saying it now. I love you so much that it hurts when I don't see you. And this morning, when you were missing, I knew I had to find you, even though I didn't know why. I do now and I know that I want to be by your side whatever happens. So." I got down on one knee and held her hand. "Would you do me the honour of becoming my wife as soon as possible?"

"A double wedding!" Lisa exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"We'll have to get someone in to perform the ceremony." Dave mused.

"Oh, I don't think anyone at the colony can deny the first-born anything." I said slyly. Eve batted me playfully around the back of the head.

"I think a celebration is in order." Dave pulled an old bottle of wine from behind the store counter. "I've been saving this."

"In a minute dad, I have to go and tell Stella." Eve said anxiously.

"Who do you think has been listening at the door on the pretext of stopping everyone else from eavesdropping?" Dave smirked. "Come in Stella, you'll get splinters in your knees out there." He called out. The door opened slowly and a bright red Stella came in, embarrassment dripping from every pore. "Do you think you can handle double duty as a bridesmaid?"

Eve, Stella and I were sat outside my station, the escape pod, watching the moons rise, sipping on the last of the wine, when Stella spoke.

"I'm very happy that you two have finally sorted this out, but what am I going to do now? Teasing you was the only enjoyment I got."

I kissed her on the top of her head.

"You'll have to find some boy or other instead."

"Yes, you will." Eve said. "What about Mikey? He's nearly nineteen now, and looks very muscular."

"You're teasing me now! You know we argue all the time."

"But he, and you, keep coming back for more." Eve laughed. "And I happen to know he's down by the lake fishing, he came in for some bait. Why not go and make a start?"

Stella looked dubious.

"I don't know whether I should."

"Go on. Live a little. Take your own advice." I smiled. "Rebel against being a rebel. I dare you."

"All right! I will." She got up and strode off towards the lake.

"She won't do anything daft will she?" I asked Eve.

"Probably, knowing Stella." She smiled. "Besides, I've got you to myself at last. I want to kiss you again."

"Getting pushy aren't you?"

"What the first-born wants, the first-born gets." She grinned. I gave in and kissed her. A long kiss, lasting forever.

12