Split in Time Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Taylor, who was the smallest after Amy, had made it down the hole and was holding a blanket. She balked at what her eyes were feeding her. Amy's glowing... that she didn't even care about... seeing an immortal, starved and imprisoned for the last umpteen years, no person should have lived that life.

"I... I have a blanket." Taylor said feeling stupid; Electra needed much more than a mere blanket.

"Good, drape it over her head, the torn blanket isn't enough to keep her blind." Amy told her. Taylor did as she was asked. "Hold on, I'll will us out of here." Amy said and a moment later, they were out in the ruins.

Vivian went pale when her eyes fell on the woman in Amy's arms.

"She's in some kind of hibernation." Amy explained.

"Let's get her back..." Cleopatra said gently. Everyone nodded and vanished.

"She'll have to be cleaned first before she goes into a pod." Boadicea said as she raced for the door cursing the fact they couldn't will themselves inside the building.

They walked into the temple and straight to the nearest bathroom. Taylor aided Amy as she had night vision and they had to work in almost no light. Together they washed Electra carefully in warm soapy water, washing away years of dirt and filth, Taylor washed Electra's hair as Amy cleaned the dirt from under her nails and trimmed them down. When they were done, they wrapped her in a towel and covered her eyes with a spare towel before taking her down to the regeneration pods.

Amy gently put her on the table next to Alanna; they removed the towel and put her in a smock. Amy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her mind slid into Electra's and came across nothing, she delved deeper and was suddenly in a room of darkness. Amy made the markings on her 'body' glow filling the room with gentle light. She nearly jumped, startled, as Electra was before her, her wolf just off to the side, her teeth bared in a silent warning.

"Who are you?" Electra demanded.

"I am Amy... I have freed you."

Electra was stunned; she wanted to rush out of the darkness of her mind to see for herself.

"Wait... we have covered your eyes to protect them, they are badly light sensitive." Amy explained. "I'll get Rhun to make a special visor which will allow you to see in any lighting condition." She added, "When you wake you'll find yourself in an enclosed space. It's not lockable and you can get out whenever you want, however if you don't let it do its job it will take you longer to heal."

"For some reason I feel myself trusting you." She said to Amy not quite knowing why she trusted Amy, only that she did.

Amy smiled, "I'm glad that's so... I'll explain why when you're better." She slowly left Electra's mind. She opened her eyes and turned to Rhun and Mryddin. "She shouldn't freak out when she's strong enough to leave her safe place."

Both men nodded pleased about that, the last thing they needed was a freaked out Were in here. Amy rested her hand on the panel and fed what Electra should look like into it. When that was done, she turned to Rhun. "Can you make me something?" She asked.

"Depends on what you have in mind and how much you know about it." He said as he offered his hand to her so that she could feed him what she knew. She placed her hand in his and gave him everything she knew about the visor Electra wore, how it worked and what she knew of its design.

He smiled when she released his hand. "I know what you are talking about... I stumbled across one a couple years back."

"Can you make two please... metamorphic." She asked.

"It's simple enough, it won't take long, ten... fifteen minutes to make." He said with a nod and left the room.

Amy followed him out but took a different turn and went back to the entrance hall. Guinevere was waiting with the others. "Please... if I don't get out of here I'll take a sword to Arthur and hack him into little pieces." She begged.

Amy sighed but nodded, allowing her to come. "It's fine..." She said before she took a deep breath and vanished. She appeared concealed behind some bushes but instantly knelt, the others appeared next to her and all instantly crouched down.

Taylor went pale, A detention facility, are you mad! She demanded after glancing around the bushes.

Amy shrugged; Mayhem is in that building. She explained.

Vivian glanced, too well fortified to attack. She told the group.

The others glanced around the bushes to have a look. Amy rolled her eyes and took a deep breath, she wasn't like the other Ancients she somehow could do things they couldn't do even if they tried. Such as her ability to do magic like an Elemental, she used that ability now and her body started to lose cohesion, becoming nothing more than a playful breeze she stuck around for a minute to make sure the others didn't do something stupid.

Boadicea turned to ask Amy something. Where the fuck did she go? She asked the others.

Cleopatra frowned and shook her head; she won't do anything stupid let us wait for her to return.

Amy moved off, streaking across the ground. She found an air vent and entered the building, looking for flaws in their security and marking the people they had to get out. Eventually she found Mayhem; the room was brightly lit to the point that it would cause Mayhem discomfort. Mayhem's head was bowed; her long hair was shading her head trying vainly to cut out the light. Her arms were shackled first to the chair then to the floor, it was the same with her legs, the chair was also bolted to the floor.

Amy didn't bother talking to her; she had found what she needed. She left the building and returned to the others. Her body solidified much to the amazement of the watching Ancients.

Boadicea glared at Amy, Does anyone else think that is un-fucking fair?

No but I want to know how you did that. Vivian asked, Ancients can't do Elemental magic; it is not based on will but on actual magic.

Amy shrugged, I don't know how, but when I saw Mira do it, I wanted to try it. She thought me nuts but explained the process, when I succeeded she got her mother in and she taught me how to harness the magic she believes comes from the markings on my body. The markings given to me by the folk. She explained.

Amy turned to the group, I have a plan, there are five Were in that building, we have to get them all out.

Why? Boadicea asked.

Taylor growled almost silently, it wouldn't help our cause with the Alphas if we leave the others in that building. She told Boadicea. If we are breaking one out, we may as well break them all out.

We will be getting them out Boadicea; there is a four-year-old girl in there. I will not leave her there. Amy told her firmly. My plan is simple; the security has a flaw, a three-second delay before the back up generators kick in. She told them.

Guinevere was the first to click on to Amy's plan. Will in will out when the power's out. One person each. Simple and effective.

Okay... how will you overload the system? Vivian asked surprised by Amy's planning and logic.

Mayhem... her ability is electrifying. Amy said with a smile. It took the others a moment to catch on but they suddenly knew how Amy was going to do this.

So... I've marked each of the Were in there, all bar Mayhem. Pick one, when I say now will them out. She told them, everyone nodded once, understanding their jobs in this.

Amy let her body go and in a moment was a playful breeze again.

Boadicea glared in the general direction Amy had just been, I still think that is bloody unfair.

Amy went back to the building and into it and quickly went to Mayhem's room. Mayhem hadn't moved, her head was still bowed, her white hair shielding her face trying to block out the light, which hurt her eyes. Amy focused on Mayhem and slid into her mind.

Mayhem didn't react or acknowledge her at first, thinking the little girl a few rooms down had crawled into her mind again to escape her tormentors. The drugs, which bound their abilities, was meant to stop that from happening, but if the ability was extreme telepathy, the drugs didn't work. Mayhem wished for a moment she could do that, escape her mind for a little while. It took her several moments to realise that it wasn't the little girl in her mind. She and her beast rushed to intercept the stranger.

Amy waited politely for Mayhem to acknowledge her and was surprised it took so long. Mayhem paused before Amy wondering for a moment who this person was, she knew that the humans would not use a human telepath; they were considered to be non-human just like her. Who are you? She demanded to know.

My name is Amy, and I am here to free you Mayhem. Amy told her.

You're nuts and signing your life away. This place is too well fortified for an attack. She told Amy.

From the outside, yes... however, there is a flaw in their system, a power surge will shut the power off. Amy told her.

She nodded, she knew of the flaw and had concluded long ago that three seconds was not enough, for all of three seconds... you can't get us free in three seconds. She argued. Stay free.

Amy chuckled, Silly girl... anything is possible if you're Ancient.

Mayhem's mind went blank for a moment, Ancient, she thought in awe, Ancients were powerful creatures and nothing was beyond their abilities when they put their minds to something.

Another woman appeared in Mayhem's mind near Amy. Amy we've taken Taylor home, we think it will be wiser to go straight to the temple once we have our targets. Vivian told her.

Amy nodded; when I say go, we go.

Vivian nodded and vanished.

We're getting everyone out. Amy explained.

Mayhem smiled, so what's the plan... how are you going to overload the system?

Amy grinned, actually, you are going to over load the system.

Mayhem was instantly wary. How...?

Amy smiled and the picture in Mayhem's mind shifted, they came to a metal box, which was covered with heavy chains, the drugs that kept her powers bound. Amy reached out and the chains crumbled and fell away from the box. She opened the box exposing a large throw switch and a large dial. The switch was in the off position and the dial read zero.

How did you know this when I didn't? Mayhem demanded to know.

How about I tell you tomorrow after we get you out. Amy told her as she reached forward and cranked the dial as far around as it would go.

Mayhem felt the charge build beneath her skin.

It won't hurt you, relax. Amy told her. They waited watching the charge build, bolts of lightning started to spark from the box, little longer. Amy told her. When the electrical storm was at its most intense Amy turned to Mayhem, Count to ten and throw the switch. Amy told her then vanished. Mayhem started to count and when she got to ten, she threw the switch.

Amy watched as the electrical storm inside Mayhem shot out at everything electrical, over loading the system. GO. Amy yelled to the others the moment before the lights went out. She solidified and rested a hand on Mayhem willing them both from the room. They appeared outside the temple, the others were there also. Rhun was waiting with a visor. Amy slid it onto Mayhem's face so that she could see.

Vivian picked up the little girl and carried her inside. All the freed Were were taken down to the regeneration room and were put in pods. Mayhem was put in a pod along side Electra.

"These pods are going to help you heal, so please just relax, nothing will hurt you here." Vivian told the room as she sat at the little girl's pod and held her hand. The little girl sighed and closed her eyes drifting off instantly.

Amy checked on Mayhem but she was already asleep. She moved to check on Electra, Electra was awake and glancing around, her eyes protected by a visor.

Sleep Electra. Amy coaxed.

But something yummy just walked pass. She told Amy.

I know but your body needs to sleep to recover. She told her gently knowing Electra would listen.

Okay... Oh yeah... thankyou, I thought I would be spending eternity in that cell. She told Amy.

You're welcome, now sleep. Amy coaxed before moving on to Alanna who was still holding Tarval's hand, she had rolled onto her stomach so that she could watch him, she had seen the anger in his eyes as he looked at her torn up back and knew that if he had witnessed the beating he would have killed Gus.

Tarval was telling her about Sogol, his home, his people. His voice was soft, gentle as he talked to her knowing that she had been abused in many ways, for a very long time. He felt honoured that she even let him get this close to her, let alone letting him hold her hand like he was. Her eyes drifted closed, he waited a few minutes before he gently tried to slide his hand free but her eyes jerked open and her grip tightened.

"Sorry." He told her, shuffled his chair closer, and moved so that her arm was within the pod. Her eyes drifted close again.

Amy rested a hand on his shoulder and made a much more comfortable chair appear beneath him, one that reclined and allowed for his wings. He sighed and rested back keeping his hand wrapped around Alanna's. "I'll bring down something easy to eat for dinner." She told him.

He smiled at her then turned his eyes back to Alanna.

Amy rolled her eyes and left the room.

Taliesin was watching Tarval and Alanna with a frown. "Let it develop..." She told him quietly.

He frowned at her. "Why, why was it so important that he hold her hand?"

Amy smiled, "They're mates... he will be able to keep her calmer then any drug known. They might not know that yet, but they won't be able to stay away from each other and they'll figure it out."

He shook his head not understanding.

She sighed, "Tarval's love will heal her faster and more thoroughly than anything I can do for her, I know that for a fact. The same with Mayhem and Electra. Love is a twin edged blade Taliesin." She told him honestly. "It can be used for good and used for evil. It can cut a wound so deep and nasty it will never heal but it can also heal wounds that run all the way down to a person's very soul. If you let it." She told him before leaving him.

He watched her go a little envious, he wished he had that kind of first hand knowledge to what love truly was, but unlike Rhun and Amy he had never come across that special someone and he was beginning to doubt that special someone even existed for him.

****

Keira jerked awake the next day, she swore as her arm started to throb painfully. Light was streaming into the room through small windows set near the ceiling. She got up and looked around the large room, it had a potbelly heater with a stack of wood next to it, a desk was pushed into a corner and crude shelves strained under the weight of books. Wrapping a blanket around her body and crawled off the mammoth sized bed. She spotted the bathroom and walked in, gathered up the blanket so that she could use the toilet. She heard the other door open. Rearranging the blanket to ensure it was firmly around her body she walked out of the bathroom cautiously, popping her head out for a moment before walking back into the room. A woman was setting down some food, hearing the bathroom door open she turned and smiled at Keira.

"There are fresh clothes in the top drawer that should fit you, and underwear." The woman told her before leaving.

Keira licked her lips as she looked at the food. Her stomach rumbled pleased with the smells that were filling the room. She sat and ate heartily, finishing the thick stew and picking up the bed before she started to feel guilty. Only when she had finished the thick stew and was about to eat the bread did she begin to feel guilty. Carefully wrapping the roll, she put it in her bag; she then really looked at her surroundings, looking for a way out. She knew the door would have a guard on it so she didn't even think to use that route. The window was far too small to slide even her thin frame through; she glanced up hoping for an air vent. There was one but again it was far too small for her to use, however the ceiling tiles held promise if they were sturdy enough they would be able to take her weight. She went to the drawer and found the clothes the woman had told her about and quickly dressed, she was impressed with the quality of the clothes, they weren't patched or several sizes too big. She helped herself to a pair of socks and pulled her boots on.

Grabbing her bag, she picked up the medical kit and considered for a minute before putting it into her bag. She wrote a quick note thanking the man who had rescued her, glad that her parents had insisted she learn although she still considered it a useless skill. Hopping onto the bed, she popped a panel of the ceiling up. She pulled herself up ignoring the bite of pain in her arm, and reset the ceiling tile behind her. Crawling carefully she spread her weight so that she didn't fall through. Finding a window, she used her dagger, which they had foolishly let, her keep, to loosen the frame. She watched the guards, timing them. Finding the gap in their movements, she slipped from the window, landing silently. Ducking behind a convenient pile of chopped wood, she waited for the next gap. When it came, she made the dash into the forest. She pulled out her compass to get her bearings when she was sure she was far enough in to not be spotted and headed purposefully into the forest.

She ran for the better part of the afternoon and early evening, stopping regularly to make sure she wasn't being followed. Some extra sense told her that someone was watching but she neither heard nor saw a thing so kept going, checking her compass regularly to make sure she was still on track. Finding the cave easily she ducked down and started to enter.

"I have a gun." A stern female voice warned as she cocked the gun.

"Ma." Keira replied.

Gabby turned the solar powered light on but kept the gun trained on Keira as Keira walked further into the room. Only when she was sure it was her daughter she put her gun down relieved. She was an average woman in height, and very thin. Dirty and scruffy but she was all the family Keira had. Her left leg was heavily splinted, but she looked okay to her daughter. Her hair was like Keira's, blond when clean, and her eyes were warm honey brown. She smiled at her daughter then frowned, her daughter was almost spotless and her clothes were different.

Keira knelt. "I have a treat for you," she reached into her bag and pulled out the bread roll, offering it to her mother.

Gabby's mouth watered as she took the treasure from her daughter. Her hands shook as she brought the bread to her nose and took a deep breath. She hadn't had bread in years; the little wild grain they had managed to harvest was normally just boiled into a mash.

She went to halve it.

"No ma... it's for you." Keira told her.

"But..." Gabby went to protest.

"No... I've eaten... this is for you." Keira insisted.

*

~A few hours earlier, back at the compound.~

Ghan walked into his room, he frowned on not seeing Keira immediately and went to check the bathroom then glanced under the bed. When he realised she wasn't here, he roared his fury. The man who had been sitting on the door bore the brunt of his anger as Ghan stormed out of his room.

Ghan watched as Mike got to his feet, holding his nose to stem the flow of blood.

"When did you last check on her?" Ghan demanded with a low menacing growl.

"Maddie took her lunch in; she was in the bathroom using the toilet." Mike replied.