Split in Time Ch. 07

Story Info
Amy, Wolfgang and who is Garnet?
12k words
4.82
42.3k
43
30

Part 7 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 01/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: All characters and companies mentioned in this story have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone or anything bearing the same name or names. Events portrayed in this story are pure invention and have not been based on any events that have happen in real life. All the characters involved in any sexual acts if their ages are not mentioned before hand; are over 18 years of age. Enjoy.

Hi everyone,

I just want to say sorry about the previous chapter, which had everyone calling foul. In my defence when I write I'm not looking for ways to cause my readers to pull their hair out and grind their teeth, it was just the perfect place to stop, a page turner so to speak.

But here we go... the long awaited chapter... I hope it answers some questions, more than likely it will cause more. So feel free to comment and email me, I do try to get back to people if they leave and email address.

Thanks always goes to my editor.

Have fun

Chapter 7

"Amy Wild-heart this is Garnet my..." Wolfgang said, Amy was seeing red, her focus was completely on the woman who smiled in such a friendly manner to HER mate. Her beast was there, just below the surface, just as furious as her human and a moment away from taking control, shifting and tearing Garnet apart.

"Sister and pseudo Alpha female." He finished, turning back to Amy.

Sister? Amy thought a little stunned, his admission stopping her rage in its tracks, but Wolfgang lost his sister before she even had a chance to live, or at least he had back in her world, he had also lost his mother... Amy's eyes glanced to the right as an older woman Amy had only seen photos of joined them. She had seen enough photos to recognise his mother at a glance, photos were the only way Rhia could introduce his son to his mother, photos and stories, a poor substitute for the real person but it was all he had.

Her beast had stilled in her mind, her head cocked to the side in surprise and wonder. Her anger at Garnet vanished as she couldn't be angry with Garnet, not with his litter mate, a person who was as close if not closer than soul mates.

What's wrong? Vivian asked silently having caught Amy's surprise.

Wolfgang lost his mother and sister in child birth, at least that's what happened in my universe. Amy answered.

Vivian didn't reply, she was trying to figure out why they lived here but not there, Amy's mind however had already come up with the answer to that question.

Garnet smiled, she looked a lot like her mother in the face, with delicate features but she had her brother's blue eyes and black hair with their father's pale skin tone. She was tall, not as tall as her brother, maybe a little over a foot in difference but she was confident and powerful.

Garnet offered her hand to Amy to shake, Amy shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you," Garnet said, she could sense Amy's power even though she knew Amy was doing her best to contain it. Garnet was hopeful that this woman was single and interested her brother's beast, she just wanted to focus more on the search for her own mate instead of helping her brother run his pack.

Wolfgang held out his hand to greet Amy although he wasn't going to shake her hand, no, he was going to smell it. His wolf was running circles in his mind he was so excited, so excited that Wolfgang felt a little dizzy himself. He firmly told his beast to cut it, the wolf paused for a moment then sat and panted in excitement, his tail thumping an imaginary ground with fast thumps.

Amy released Garnet's hand; however she had no intention of letting Wolfgang have it and to make her meaning clear she put both hands behind her back. Wolfgang watched her motions and tilted his head as he considered and wondered about her reluctance. Regardless as to why she was acting this way she was going to give him her hand, so he kept it out stretched.

Her eyes met his but there was no emotion in them, as if she was concentrating all her effort into keeping her betraying emotions in check. Generally looking an Alpha in the eye constituted a challenge but he knew she wasn't trying to challenge him, she was just refusing to shake his hand.

Garnet was glancing between her brother and the unknown woman, wondering who would win the silent contest of wills. She was almost beside herself with glee... no one refused her brother... ever. Wondering how this was going to play out, if there was going to be a fight; she hoped there was a fight as she honestly believed the small woman would be able to stand her own against him. She sent her mind out looking for Amy's, to pick through her mind, her brother's ability was telekinetic, hers was telepathic, she had a skill for breaking through mental barriers, of learning peoples deepest secrets. She came to a blank spot where Amy should be, she checked with her eyes but she still kept coming to a blank spot.

What do you hear? Wolfgang asked his sister silently.

Nothing... let me try the others... She answered but she had the same problem with the others, she could see them but she couldn't hear them. Nothing, something is keeping them all hidden, something I can't breach. She told her brother, she didn't like not knowing and even less leaving her brother without a tactical advantage in a potentially volatile situation.

"I am here to..." Amy began.

"I will not discuss the reason for your visit until you greet me correctly with a hand shake." Wolfgang said with an arrogant grin, he had been thinking, calculating the best way to make her give him her hand. She had no choice as she had come here to talk about something and he would not listen until she shook his hand. He watched her jaw clench and a muscle twitch in reaction to his ultimatum, he had her.

Amy knew what his goal was, he wanted to catch her scent, that was why he was insistent about her greeting him. She considered just turning around and leaving, letting someone else explain but she knew he wouldn't listen until she returned and let him smell her. She knew it was a bad idea... but she had no choice, Wolfgang had to be at the gathering.

His grin turned to a triumphant smile, he knew she had weighed her options and had no choice but to comply. She braced her body, ready to yank her hand back at a moment's notice and put her right hand in his. She felt a warm tingle shot from his hand to hers, his hand tightened, to the point of being painful; he had obviously felt it as well.

He turned her hand over and slowly started to bring it to his nose. She tried to pull her hand free before it got to his nose but he had somehow managed to grip her hand in a way which allowed no movement. She considered for a moment using her strength but she knew if she did she would hurt him, before she could vanish on him his nose touched her skin and he took a deep breath.

The next few things all happened in quick succession, his eyes flashed golden, he tugged on her dragging her into his arms, his free one snaking around her waist pinning her body to his. He growled gently in a seductive way and moved his nose to her neck to reassure himself of her scent.

Her scent confused him as it was a clash of scents that were never meant to be together. However somehow they meshed flawlessly, creating a scent which was so unique he understood why it had taken so long to find her. His beast had been disinterested with mating un until now, knowing that his mate was different he hadn't bothered taking part in the search. Wolfgang didn't care that his beast hadn't shared this with him, he'd found her now... she was HIS... and he wasn't letting her go.

"Let me go." She demanded and got an answering chuckle from Garnet.

"Unlikely... he has been waiting for you for..." Garnet said but didn't get a chance to finish as Wolfgang's now free hand which had held Amy's hand, found her collar.

Wolfgang had been moving in to kiss her, a hand snaking around the back of her neck to tilt her up for their first kiss. He frowned as he felt something on the back of her neck, recognising the shape and feel he started to see red. His growl rose in pitch as his fingers tried to worm their way under the thick band of metal around her neck, it didn't budge.

Amy tried to jerk away but Wolfgang's grip on her hip tightened to the point of leaving quickly fading bruises. His hot breath came in angry bursts against her skin, it took all of her will not to quiver and respond to him the way she wanted to. She wanted to reassure him that everything was okay; that she was his but her voice failed her. His fingers found the loop at the front which the excess ran through and he reached into her sweater, fisting the excess length he tugged it up.

"Who must I kill?" He growled not noticing the quick scent of blood as the figure eight caught on her waist-let and the stones cut into her skin briefly. He watched as she quickly untangled the figure eight from the waist-let then tugged her sweater down.

He yanked harder on her collar forcing her onto her toes, his fury was rolling off of him, it had mounted when he saw the waist-let, it was just another piece of proof that someone else had claimed HIS mate. "Tell me." He demanded.

"Let me go." She replied her words were quiet, almost deadly; she was moments away from seriously hurting him. Her beast was in no better frame of mind, she was somewhere between pleased and pissed, pleased because of his irrational reaction and pissed for just the same reason. He was treating her like chattel and both sides of her personality, the beast and the human, HATED being treated like this, which meant her pissed side was winning out over her pleased side.

"You are MINE!!!!" He stated with roar.

"No... I... be-long... to... my-self." She told him slowly and firmly letting her anger drip in her tone. "Let me go."

"NO." He growled.

"YES." She growled, letting her beast come forward in her voice, her arms flung out as she growled and she pushed him away. The only reason he remained on his feet was because he refused to release her collar which he now held down at the figure eight as it had slid through his fist as he moved away. He wondered briefly why her collar needed the long length but brushed it off, he didn't care the moment he killed the person who wore its match he would be able to remove it.

He panted a little shocked that she had managed to fling him away so easily, she was a lot stronger than she looked, his chest still stung from where she had struck him, knowing he would bruised for a few hours because of it. He watched her carefully; she was glaring daggers at him. He rotated his wrist wrapping a coil of the golden rope around his wrist, forcing her towards him and strengthening his grip on it.

"Who must I kill?" He asked firmly.

"You can't." She told him honestly.

"Why?" He demanded as tugged on the collar trying to force her back towards him.

"You just can't." She responded digging her heels in and leaning away from him. His rage started to build, irrational thoughts like how could she have let herself fall in love with another, how could she still defend that person even though she now knew of him. Did she love him? Did she have cubs? Was that why she was defending the man who wasn't her true mate? Why had her beast let it happen? Why did it let its human continue to protect the man who wasn't her soul mate?

"Okay... you were right. This was a bad idea." Vivian said after long moments of a tense staring contest. "Just curious... Is he always like that?" She added.

"No... this is new." Amy answered resigned to the fact that she was going to seriously hurt her soul mate for she had no other choice, they would continue like this to the end of time if she let them.

"Oh... because I was going to ask how you deal with it?" Vivian added.

"Well... he was possessive in the beginning but I stomped on it, hard... if he did it now... I would quickly kick his arse and trust me I am moments from that action." Amy warned still glaring daggers at Wolfgang.

His stance had changed a little; he glanced in confusion between Vivian to Amy wondering what the hell they were talking about.

"Wolfgang..." Amy said gently and his focus swung to her. "Let me go." She said gently, coaxing him to obey her.

"No... I won't let you go." He told her firmly and watched sorrow cross her eyes.

"Sadly you will have no choice in the matter, you will lose me, nothing you do will be able to stop it. Please let me go... and I'll explain." She told him gently.

Garnet placed her hand on her brother's extended forearm. "Come on bro let's move this to the study." She told him, her eyes glancing around the pack which were caught somewhere between delight that their Alpha had finally found their mate and confusion as to why the little woman refused to acknowledge they were mates as well as the fact it seems she was already claimed. Taking this to a more private place would be the best option, her fingers moved to the collar and gently worked it free from her brother's grasp, letting it fall, she wondered why there was so much extra length, surely Amy didn't need it... no one was that big... right?

Amy sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, him tugging on her collar had been annoying and uncomfortable. She slid her fingers beneath the band of metal and loosened it. Wolfgang growled as he watched Amy's finger slide beneath the band of metal which his fingers had not been able to do, she managed to tug it loose but not by much. His fists clenched as his eyes focused on the gold rope around her neck, he wanted it gone NOW.

He took a deep breath before he asked the question which was on his mind. "First... explain why I can't kill the man who has taken you from me." He asked.

Amy closed her eyes and took a deep breath; the band aid method would just have to do. "Then you would be forced to kill yourself." She told him honestly.

"Definitely time to take this to a more private place." Garnet said turning her brother and marching his stunned body from the room.

Kathryn turned to the strange woman, she had remained silent throughout that whole little scene, she had learnt to listen and be calm, her son however was still ruled by his emotions and his beast, he needed his mate to mellow him out. She was trying to comprehend what the woman had said, kill himself, he was her mate? It was all just too confusing to understand with only half the pieces of the puzzle.

Amy took a deep breath and turned to Kathryn, she suddenly felt nervous and it took her a moment to realise why. She was actually meeting her mother in law for the first time and her only impression of her 'daughter in law' was a shouting match between her and her son. It was not the way any woman would want to meet her mother in law.

Kathryn approached Amy's group who had mostly just watched the unfolding scene. Kathryn's smile was amused and welcoming at the same time. "I am Kathryn; please follow me before he tears the caves apart in his fury."

Amy chuckled knowing the truth of her words, she had seen Wolfgang in a fury a couple of times, it was however nothing compared to when her beast got full control and let go with its own fury. "I think he will be calm for a little while, he's stunned." She replied to Kathryn and followed her, Amy's group quickly took up the rear.

Kathryn walked them into a room. Bastion was putting down snacks and drinks as he glanced critically at Wolfgang, wondering if he would need a clean-up detail soon. Once everything was laid out he left discretely. Wolfgang sat, "Please sit." His eyes focused on Amy as she sat across from him, he growled and went to stand but his sister was suddenly beside him, her hand pressing him back into the chair, trying to calm him down.

"Be calm." She told her brother.

"Calm... how can I be calm, my mate is right there and someone else has claimed her." He stood and started to pace.

"Wolfgang... you are my mate." She told him.

"Yes, and someone else has claimed you." He replied his anger mounting.

Amy shook her head, he didn't understand. "Wolfgang... I am from another universe." She told him, he stilled. "I am from a parallel world... this collar is yours... you are my mate." She turned to Garnet and then glanced to Kathryn. "Sadly in my universe however you and your mother died in child birth."

Garnet's jaw dropped in absolute shock, she tried to figure out why the two worlds were so different, she didn't know that Amy's quick mind had already come up with the answer. Amy didn't exist here, in her world before she came into Wolfgang's life; the pack had been in turmoil as it had no pseudo Alpha female, someone to hold Amy's position until she came. However she had existed so the pack didn't really need a pseudo Alpha female it just had to survive long enough for her to come. The simple fact was Amy didn't exist here, and would never, so Fate had stepped in and made sure Garnet lived so that Wolfgang would have the support he needed to keep his pack stable.

"And I am so sorry, sorry because I will never exist here and you and your descendants will be forced to stand beside him for the rest of time. You will have to live with him when I go." She told Garnet letting her emotions show in her voice. She was truly sorry for the fate she was dealing Garnet.

Garnet reached forward and took Amy's hand as she could see how much this was hurting Amy. "I will deal with it." She told Amy, resigning herself to the fact that she would stand beside her brother for the rest of her life and that one of her children would take over.

"Did..." Everyone turned to Kathryn as she was the one who spoke hesitantly. "Did he have a good life... this other Wolfgang?" She asked, she felt a deep pain in her chest at the thought of her son growing up without his mother.

Amy nodded, "He was fostered by a woman named Anna who had lost her own cub the day before, keeping him alive kept her alive."

Kathryn's eyes closed, "Oh... I remember her... she killed herself." She felt for that woman.

"How sad, Anna is a firm fixture in my family, she was given Wolfgang and Gillian to nurse. She raised them as litter mates until they were old enough to know better, Gillian became his second." Amy explained.

"Gillian died in the first attacks." Garnet explained a little disgruntled, they needed a second and the best one for the job was dead.

Amy closed her eyes; she both did and didn't want to know the answer to her next question, "Sienna Maguire?" She asked.

"She's fine," Garnet said, "Why?"

"She is Gillian's mate and Second alongside him." Amy explained.

"Is she good at her job?" Garnet asked, they hadn't been able to find anyone suitable to be second and with Gillian dead it made it harder, but if the woman who was his mate was any good they would take it.

Amy nodded, "Very, I'm so busy that she even manages to keep on top of my work."

Garnet nodded and grabbed a note pad, she quickly wrote Sienna's name down, having a reliable second would help get the pack running more smoothly.

"She's Beta rank," Wolfgang said, "In charge of a small group north of us." He supplied, he may not know everyone who called him Alpha but he did know all of his Betas and those who had high ranks in the pack.

Garnet nodded and wrote that down as well as it would make finding her easier. "Thanks for that." She told Amy.

Amy turned to Kathryn who still clearly looked saddened by the fate dealt to the other Wolfgang. "Don't feel sorry for him, he had the best childhood his father and Anna could give him. He never went without love."