Split in Time Ch. 12

Story Info
Leaving the gathering.
8.9k words
4.83
40.8k
43
35
Story does not have any tags

Part 12 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 01/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: All characters and companies mentioned in this story have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone or anything bearing the same name or names. Events portrayed in this story are pure invention and have not been based on any events that have happen in real life. All the characters involved in any sexual acts if their ages are not mentioned beforehand; are over 18 years of age. Enjoy.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay, those who have been with me from the beginning know that December is probably the craziest time of year for me. So here it is the latest chapter in my Were world, there are three more chapters left of split in time before we move on to Coming of age.

As normal thanks to my editor who had as busy a December as I did, as does thanks go to you the reader. All comments are welcomed and I apologise to those who I haven't had a chance to get back to, I promise that I will soon.

Have fun

Chapter 12

Amy stood in the circular room; today everyone would start going back to their groups, to implement their plans. The rest of the week had seemed to just fly away.

She glanced around the room, "as you learnt when this meeting first started, one person can change history, dramatically. Trust me when I say this, the moment you agreed to come here, you started changing history every day and have continued to so every day, with every decision you made. If one person can alter a time line so significantly... imagine what a room full of people can do."

Amy smiled as she watched pride light up in the eyes of those in the room.

"It's not going to be easy, but nothing truly worth having ever is. All we need to do is sow seeds of doubt in the young minds of the merks. The only way we can do that is to help the groups the merks recruit from." Amy said reminding everyone of their mission.

Everyone nodded, they knew and understood. "You all have your communicators, keep in contact and keep the flow of information coming, it will help us." Amy nodded as she glanced around, "so good luck." She told the room and scraping chairs were her answer as people stood to get ready to leave. Sending them back was much easier than gathering; they could just will them back to their groups.

Strong arms wrapped around her. She glanced up and smiled at Wolfgang. Ghan joined them with a respectful bow of his head.

"Where's Keira?" Amy asked assuming Crystal, Destiny and Vlha were also with her as they hadn't come to the meeting this morning.

"With your daughters; Jesse and Mayhem have gone to join them." He answered.

Wolfgang frowned; he still wasn't one hundred precent happy with one of the decisions he had to make here. He was getting over the fact he now had three... somethings... in his pack who just so happened to drink blood but were-not-vampires, that wasn't bothering him. Having Ancients, Nephalim, Gephalim, S'ephalim now also coming and going, wasn't bothering him. Mayhem's pride joining his... that was bothering him.

Mayhem simply didn't have the knowledge and experience to run a pride and Jesse had done his best but slowly he had lost almost half of the original members to raiding humans and rogues. Wolfgang was sure after some training she would be fine... it was just at the moment no one had the time to train her and help her, but the Alphas had allotted her group a territory anyway. However, she had come to him for help and as she was his daughter's mate he couldn't refuse her, and to be honest he knew he wouldn't. She wasn't ready to be Alpha, Amy had done wonders but there was more to being an Alpha then reading books and knowing the laws. It was something only another dominant Alpha could teach her, what her father would have taught her.

So he had agreed, her pride would be coming into his territory, for a while she would be his beta, until she learnt what she had to before she took whatever would be left of her group to her territory and took over completely as their Alpha. Jesse was just as unsettled with this as Wolfgang was but he too conceded that she wasn't ready for it and it was better to have no Alpha then a bad one. More so with this group as they had lived through that once. Jesse knew they would understand and would accept it. He would still be second of their group, just retitled as Beta for now, Wolfgang even had an area picked out for them in his territory, a remote place where they as a group could recover and rebuild.

They walked off together to find Keira. They were all together in Amy's 'office' and smiled in welcome when Amy, Wolfgang and Ghan joined them. Amy frowned as she glanced around the room wondering how she had surrounded herself with almost the exact same people she had back in her own universe. Keira, Alanna, Electra and Sage weren't the only ones in the room, their mates, Dominic, Bianca, Michelle, Gabriele, Terri, Becky, Cass, Grey-hawk, Shannon, Roberto, Ghost, Katie and many more. Terri and Becky stood to say their goodbyes before they left, as they actually had to go.

Becky hugged Amy tightly, "I know I won't see you again so... good luck, good journey and thank you. I doubt I would have met Terri if it weren't for you and I am glad I met you."

Amy smiled, "be strong, Terri will need you more than you know." She told Becky, who nodded.

Terri just smiled and carefully peeled her mate from Amy's arms. "Thank you..." Terri said simply then walked Becky from the room.

Cass and Shannon were next, they hugged Amy tightly together, they had grown just as close in such a short time as they had in her own universe. They just chose to hug Amy and send their goodbyes silently; they only released Amy when their mates carefully tugged them from Amy. Both men bowed their heads respectfully to Amy before they walked their mates from the room.

Amy took a deep breath and felt two small hands slide into hers, she glanced down and smiled at Sasha then turned and smiled at Thais, both knew how hard it was for Amy to say goodbye to her friends.

"So... is everyone ready?" Amy asked. Everyone nodded and held up bags, they were ready. Amy glanced to Jesse and Mayhem who had stood, they were being sent ahead to explain what was going to happen to the pride and pack them up. They vanished.

Vivian rested a hand on Amy's shoulder, "I'll bring the Da'Vaila and your children with me before dinner." She told Amy as she knew things were going to be difficult enough without taking Da'Vaila, who even though were no longer enemies, would still be seen with distrust.

"Thanks." Amy said as most of the group turned back to their conversations or books, they knew they wouldn't be going but were prepared none the less.

Keira, Ghan, Crystal, Vlha, Destiny and Susan joined Amy and Wolfgang. Sasha let Amy go and jumped into Alanna's lap as Thais went and sat in Sage's.

Amy grinned as she focused, and a moment later they vanished. Destiny jerked a little shocked as they appeared next to Maddie back in the caves Ghan's small group called home, nearly giving her a heart attack.

Amy chuckled, "sorry Maddie," she told her.

Maddie held her chest for a moment then glared at Amy, "you know if I was mortal that would have scared me to death."

Amy stilled for a moment, "wait... you're immortal?"

Maddie nodded.

Amy rolled her eyes and reached her hand into her pocket where her globe was, she touched it adding a note to what she had already on Maddie. Wolfgang however frowned, immortals were meant to be rare, maybe one or two born every couple of hundred years, or at least that was the pattern. A pattern broken in the span of a single Were generation, with Mayhem, Electra, Alanna, Sage, Maddie, all immortal and somehow they were or would be connected to Amy. Even the existing immortals were slowly gathering around Amy, Ghan, Ghost, Nathanael, Bastion, Jesse, Nancy, Crystal, Susan, Destiny, Vlha, all the Ancients and himself. It was as if Amy was an immortal magnet, that they felt drawn to her.

You forgot Cass. Amy told him having followed his thought processes.

Cass too... how? He asked silently.

Grey-hawk's bite activates her gene. She is actually a 'reluctant' descendant of one of Nathanael's sons... I'll give you one guess as to which. She told him.

Christen, he stated as that was the only child of Nathanael who had a past which could have caused this.

Yep.

Are you going to tell them? He asked.

Cass already knows. I just have to tell Nathanael he has a great granddaughter. Amy told him.

"Maddie ring the gather bell." Ghan ordered and got a firm nod from Maddie before she raced off.

"This way." Keira said as she walked off, they followed her into the communal dining room. A loud ringing dong filled the cave and slowly but surely the room filled with people. Ghan's group was indeed small but it was close knit.

Amy, Wolfgang, Crystal, Destiny, Vlha and Susan sat out of the way and just watched how Ghan was going to deal with this. The room fell silent at a simple gesture which proved just how much respect his people had for him. He didn't have Alpha influence to make his group obey, just strength and respect.

"As you know, Keira, Crystal and I went to a gathering with all the worlds Alphas." Ghan began, "decisions were made about how to bring an end to the madness."

There was a round of applause to that statement.

He grinned at them but it was one of mixed feelings, he didn't know how they were going to react to what he was going to tell them next. "Also, I have made the decision to join us with Wolf Haven Pack."

There was shocked silence for a moment then denial. Ghan held his hands up for silence but it didn't work.

"What about Crystal?" Came the common question from the group when they started to calm down.

"Crystal was invited to come with us; she has a permanent home in Wolfgang's pack." Ghan told them.

"How can we believe he won't just kick her out once we get there?" Grey asked and got confirming nods from everyone, they weren't going anywhere without Crystal.

Crystal felt her eyes tear up a little, touched that they were concerned for her safety and were willing to stand alone as long as it meant standing with her.

Wolfgang smiled and clapped her on the shoulder before he stood and joined Ghan. "I'm Wolfgang, Alpha of Wolf Haven Pack." He said introducing himself. "I knew when I made the offer to Ghan it would be as long as Crystal too had a place in my pack. I agreed, if Ghan was so willing to speak for her then it was for a reason. Now listening to you makes me like her even more than I did before I got here. Also you must know I have also offered her a position as Beta in my pack as well as the permanent home. If any don't like it they will answer to me."

Wolfgang glanced around the room, "in fact you really should know that you will still be living as a group, Ghan will still be your leader, and your structure won't change. I will however be your Alpha and Ghan will be my Beta." His eyes focused on Piper, "the humans in your group are also welcome and will be protected, Crystal's daughter also..."

"Daughter... since when did Vampires start breeding?" Blast asked and got many nods.

"Crystal isn't a Vampire and neither is Destiny or Vlha." Ghan answered.

"Long story." Keira quickly injected, "one I will be more than willing to tell you on a cold winters night once we are resettled."

"Are we moving again?" A little girl asked.

Keira nodded. "But it will be a very easy move." She promised.

"Look I know this will be a change for us... we've been a small group for so long... but this way some of you may find your mates." Ghan said trying to get his people to see some of the merit for this. Many of the single members of his group suddenly didn't see this as a bad thing, Maddie included as it would also mean that she would finally get the training she needed and if she found her mate it was a bonus.

"So... are we going?" Ghan asked.

"Depends... first... who is Destiny, second who is Crystal's daughter and third, what's the plan with dealing with the madness?" One of the elders asked.

Ghan smiled, "Destiny is Crystal's daughter as for the plan... it's simple, however, we have to get going, I'll explain more thoroughly once we are safely in the central den where we will be situated at least until Wolfgang comes up with a more suitable site for us."

Crystal walked forward. "Which means pack everything, quickly," Crystal ordered and everyone suddenly stepped to it.

****

Crystal glanced around the central den entrance a little interested in the way this massive pack functioned, she had learnt that close to triple the number of her group lived at the caves and that was a mere fraction of the number who fell under Wolfgang's command.

"BASTION!" Wolfgang called. The man in question appeared almost from nowhere. "I need a section of caves to hold a group of a little over a hundred for a few days." Wolfgang explained and got an answering nod from Bastion.

"There is a place, it's up the back." Bastion explained before he turned to the group, "You need to follow the red paint to get there." Everyone glanced down, indeed there were colours painted onto the ground, red, blue, green, yellow, white, purple and more, each led to a different section of the caves and helped to prevent people getting lost. Everyone started to move following the red line, they had only brought essentials with them, the rest of their things were neatly packed and ready to be willed to their new home.

Bastion went with them to explain the other colours.

"Maddie... stick around I want to introduce you to Nathanael." Wolfgang called out.

Maddie turned back and joined Wolfgang, a simple bag of clothes tossed over a shoulder. Kathryn, having heard her son was back, joined them.

"Ma do you know where Nathanael is?" Wolfgang asked as a little globe of light appeared and went straight for Amy.

"Hold that thought." She told the much smaller group before they vanished and reappeared beside Mayhem. Kathryn jerked a little surprised and in shock as she glanced around at the sudden change of scene.

"Ancients..." Kathryn cursed as she felt goose bumps break out over her skin.

Mayhem chuckled. "You get used to it."

"How?" Kathryn asked.

Mayhem shrugged then turned to Amy. "Okay, we're ready."

"People first, gear later." Amy explained.

"We gathered that." Jesse said. "Our people are just waiting to go."

"How many?" Amy asked.

"Two thousand." Jesse said a little embarrassed, although for some reason he couldn't take his eyes off Maddie. "Hi, I'm Jesse." He said as he offered his hand to Maddie.

Maddie blushed a little adding a hint of colour to her cheeks. "Maddie." She said as she took his hand, electricity zinged between their joined hands making both tighten their grips. Jesse tugged on her hand and Maddie who was still a little shocked at the zing stumbled into his arms.

Wolfgang chuckled as Amy moaned; he turned to Amy as she again stuffed her hand into her pocket to add another note to it about Jesse and Maddie being mates.

"What is it with people finding their mates around you, how many people have you joined up?" Wolfgang asked.

Amy rolled her eyes, "I don't do anything." She told him then went to break Maddie and Jesse up at least for now.

Jesse had his nose pressed to Maddie's sandy blond hair and was breathing in her scent; Maddie had her nose pressed to his neck, her lips against his collar bone. They were oblivious as all new mates were to what was happening around them. It was all about claiming to their minds, with their world so chaotic the compulsion to claim and breed was stronger in them than it would be in Amy's true universe.

Amy touched Jesse and Maddie and a moment later both just blinked and stepped out of each other's arms a little confused as to what happened.

Kathryn blinked in shock, she had seen many first meetings between mates and had never seen anything like that happen. "Wow, can anyone learn to do that?" She asked Amy.

"No... it is unique to me, since I have a beast I know how to calm it down and even make it go to sleep." Amy explained, "Vivian, whose main element is water and emotions, can't do what I do, she can make people sleep, calm them down but she can't calm a beast." She hesitated, "sometimes even I can't calm the beast when it is in a rage."

"Can anyone?" Wolfgang asked not really expecting an answer.

Amy nodded, "Serenity can calm an enraged beast."

Wolfgang felt rage bubble up.

"Calm down..." Amy told him firmly, "she wasn't in any danger and it was the only way to calm Ghost down after he lost Katie. We had Ghost pinned, he wasn't going anywhere but his rage just kept building, Serenity managed to cut through all that and removed his rage." She explained and Wolfgang took a deep breath, he knew he had over reacted but he couldn't help but feel protective of his children even if he had never actually met the child in question.

Kathryn was shocked. "You know Ghost?"

Amy nodded, "yep, he is a member of my pack."

"We are off track people." Electra said. "Too many immortals in a group means we go off on tangents." She explained to Kathryn, "let's go."

Amy nodded, she had never moved so many people before but the concept wasn't any different between moving one person or a room full, all it took was will. She spread her awareness out to touch every member of Mayhem's pride, when she was confident she had them all she focused and willed them to the central den, from there she would will them to the site Wolfgang had picked out, once she had seen it for herself that is.

"Now just hold tight for a few minutes." Amy told them before she turned to Wolfgang. "So... I need a mental picture of where they are going; ideally I should go there to get my own mental picture before willing anyone else there."

Wolfgang nodded, "Sienna knows where they are going, for a while she was a ranger." A ranger was a high ranked member of the pack who ranged around the pack, searching out sites for groups and secondary sites, most of his Betas had spent some time really mapping their territory shortly after the madness started.

He sent out a mental call for Sienna and a few minutes later she walked through the mass to join her Alphas, she was still a little confused as to why she was here but she accepted that she was here for a reason. "You wished to see me?"

"Yes..." Wolfgang said. "There is a closed valley to the north of us. Has a decent set of caves, water and heavily forested." He explained, "Remember it?"

She thought for several moments and nodded. "Yes." She answered simply.

"Picture a place near the caves where a few thousand people can go." Amy coaxed. Sienna closed her eyes and focused, since her own ability was mental pictures the image that came to Amy's mind was detailed and exact.

Amy nodded and suddenly everyone vanished from the central den and appeared instantly in a clearing that wasn't quite big enough for everyone. Amy's mind had already compensated for that so that no one appeared in the middle of a tree.

Sienna quivered a little started. "What the..."

"Sienna... where are the caves?" Amy asked cutting into the rest of Sienna's sentence.

Sienna blinked for a moment then pointed, "They should be over there."

Jesse held up a hand, "rangers explore." He ordered and watched as several of his rangers went to search the caves while others went to explore the closed valley that was now their home. When he was pleased that his group were getting acquainted with their temporary home he turned to Amy, "we'll send another globe thingy when we are ready for our things."