Split in Time Ch. 13

Story Info
Amy's plan in action.
9k words
4.83
36k
36
38
Story does not have any tags

Part 13 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 01/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: All characters and companies mentioned in this story have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone or anything bearing the same name or names. Events portrayed in this story are pure invention and have not been based on any events that have happen in real life. All the characters involved in any sexual acts if their ages are not mentioned before hand; are over 18 years of age. Enjoy.

Hi everyone,

I apologise for my tardiness with this chapter, it had nothing to do with the plagiarism issue I had last month but with a story issue that we couldn't figure out until I realised we were both overthinking it.

Now to all those people who sent emails of encouragement to me and condemnation about and to the plagiarist, I thank you and apologise if I didn't get a chance to email you. I was very stressed and couldn't focus on much besides my anger. So thank you very much to all those people who helped shut down that person and the BIGGEST thankyou goes out to the anonymous person who let me know that my work was on another site under a different person's name.

So here it is, chapter 13, and just so you know there are two more chapters after this one and then we will be moving on to Coming of Age.

I hope you enjoy and remember all feedback is welcome.

Have fun

*

While Jesse and Maddie were having fun, elsewhere Keira was out in the cold studying a settlement of humans from the safety of a small rise and dense bushes. They had chosen this spot because it was a perfect natural hide, the rise allowed them to approach and leave without being seen and allowed a great vantage of the settlement. Crystal was beside her as Ghan refused to let her out of the den without protection, which she thought was stupid since she couldn't die. The settlement was small, no more than twenty buildings with a little over a hundred individuals of various ages but from what Keira could see they were coping.

Looks like an argument. Keira said silently to Crystal as she watched a group gather and could just make out raised voices.

I'll go see if I can get close enough to listen, stay put. Crystal said before she used her preternatural speed to zip down to the settlement, find a place to hide and listen.

Keira sighed and waited for Crystal. Time seemed to go very slowly for Keira who quickly got bored. Sliding from the hide and back to the safer hidden side she rolled onto her back and stared at the sky. She even closed her eyes and napped for a little while.

Crystal returned silently over an hour later, she grinned and picked up a twig. Just as she went to tickle Keira behind the ear with her twig Keira's eyes snapped open and grabbed Crystal's wrist.

"How did you do that?" Crystal whispered, she hadn't made a sound, there was no way Keira could have heard her approach, not even her slow heart beat gave her away.

"I don't know, I just knew you were there, what was the argument about?" Keira asked.

"Merks... apparently they came through a week ago and almost cleared out their winter store." Crystal said gently. "One group wanted to go after the merks before they got too far away, and beat the crap out of them. The leader has knocked it down, he has organised scavenger parties."

"Perfect candidates for Amy's plan." Keira said and got a confirming nod from Crystal.

"You stay here and keep an eye on them, I'll tell Ghan." Crystal said as she went to stand.

"What part of 'do not leave Keira alone' didn't you get?" Keira asked miming Ghan's earlier words.

"You can't move as fast as I can, just stay put." Crystal said with a cocky grin before she was suddenly gone.

Keira lay back feeling a little useless, Ghan just wanted to wrap her in cotton wool and keep her in the den, she was immortal for fucks sake she didn't need to be wrapped in cotton wool. Closing her eyes she decided to nap again, her cat would warn her if anyone approached. No sooner had she closed her eyes did she snap them open again, listening carefully she heard a distant cry and the snarl of a mountain lion. She was suddenly on her feet and running in the right direction of the noise, ducking and weaving through the forest. When she was close enough to hear the laboured breath of a human, she shifted letting her beast come forward.

Keira ran into the clearing and jumped over the woman. The lion snarled, it's ears went back and it showed its teeth. Keira snarled showing her own teeth but the cat was starving and would defend its kill even from the bigger predator. When her challenge was ignored she decided to just end this and slashed at the lion, slicing it open, a quick bite and it was dead. She moved carefully over to the woman who curled up into a ball.

Keira shifted back into her human form, "hey... it's okay I don't want to hurt you." She knelt and waited, the woman slowly un-curled.

"You're hurt." Keira suddenly said as she saw the claw marks which were bleeding steadily. "Do you have a belt and some spare cloth, I need to stop the bleeding." The woman shook her head.

"Don't touch it, I'll be right back," Keira darted off looking for her torn clothes, Ghan was going to be pissed that she had ruined perfectly good clothes, not to mention the belt and boots which were now nothing but scrap. Sorting through what was there she managed to find some long strips which would serve her needs.

Racing back to the woman she knelt.

"Aren't you cold?" The woman asked as she shuddered.

Keira shook her head, "no, I don't feel it, in fact it feels pleasant, probably has something to do with snow leopard part of me." Working quickly Keira bound the wound tight, applying pressure to the wound in the process to stop the bleeding.

Keira smiled at her handy work, "I'm Keira."

"Ashley."

"Pleasure to meet you," Keira replied trying to lighten the mood.

Ashley grinned at the attempt of humour.

"I am going to stand you up and rest you against a tree. Then I am going to shift, what I want you to do is climb on my back, try to sit as close to my shoulders as possible and hold on tightly."

Ashley nodded. Moving quickly Keira easily got Ashley upright and to the nearest tree. "Try to keep off your leg and use the tree to stay upright. Bad leg first." Keira continued before she stepped back several paces. Taking a deep breath, "Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you."

Ashley nodded and watched fascinated as Keira started to shift. Ashley had been hearing stories about Were for as long as she could remember, none of the stories painted Were in a good light, but this Were was risking her own life to get Ashley back to her home and family. It wasn't the actions of a mindless beast, a daemon with no soul, these were actions of a being who could feel empathy, almost... human.

In no time Keira was in her beast form, so as not to scare Ashley she approached and lay down before rolling over, exposing her throat and belly. Ashley understood the gesture, it was in her nature books, it was a sign of trust to show the venerable parts of the body.

"It's okay... you're just so big." Ashley told her.

Keira chuffed as she got back onto her feet; she approached and got down as far as she could. Ashley reached forward and touched the thick coat, shuffling closer she flung her hurt leg over Keira's body and almost lost her balance. Grabbing a handful of coat she pulled to right herself. Keira didn't complain, she just stayed still while Ashley righted herself. "Sorry," Ashley said and Keira chuffed. It took several moments for Ashley to get into position; grabbing two handfuls of coat she took a deep breath. "Okay. I think I'm ready."

Carefully Keira stood and paused so that Ashley could adjust her seat, once Ashley had settled again Keira started to slowly move. She just hoped the villagers wouldn't shoot first and ask questions later. Deciding that the best approach would be to give them plenty of warning that she was coming, she approached the main entrance to the settlement. She heard the pull of bows and startled cries of the town folk and stopped.

"No... she saved my life... she's okay." Ashley said holding out her hands.

Keira gently went down to her belly as people approached to help Ashley get off her back. Slowly Keira backed away from the humans, although she was immortal she still didn't want to be made into a living pin cushion.

"No..." Ashley said as she watched her friends and family get ready to fire. Limping she placed herself between Keira and her friends. "Her name is Keira, she saved my life, she didn't have to save me but she did. She didn't have to bring me here but she did. She doesn't want to hurt anyone." Slowly people lowered their bows as Ashley's words clashed with what they believed they knew about Were.

A new woman ran forward and held out a blanket for Keira so that she could shift back into her human form. Keira shifted and wrapped the blanket around her body.

"Thank you." Keira told the woman, "She was attacked by a mountain lion, her leg needs to be cleaned and if you have antibiotics it would be good for her." She said trying not to sound bossy.

"Antibiotics..." a young man scoffed, "what world do you live in. If we had antibiotics the Merks took it years ago."

"Cat wounds fester; an untreated scratch could kill her..." Keira explained.

"Thank you." An older woman said as she gestured for the men to carry Ashley inside. "I would like to offer you some hospitality but... we have little."

Keira nodded, "it's okay... in fact..." she turned as she heard the approach of heavy feet.

People reacted and pulled up bows as several wolves trotted forward, their heads down and their teeth exposed. Originally they had come to scout the settlement and find the best place to leave the sled of food. However when one of them found the dead lion Ghan had blown a fuse and went straight for his wayward mate. Ghan led four other wolves in an arrow formation, Keira could understand the hesitation the settlers felt when they saw Ghan, Keira was a big cat and would immediately get mistaken for a tiger until they got a better look. Ghan however was a wolf, a massive wolf, far bigger than any wolf had the right to be.

"Wait... it's okay, it's just my pack." Keira said trying to calm things down as Ghan growled at the men with bows. "Ghan... stop it."

He turned and growled at her. Just WHAT do you think you were doing?

"I heard a cry for help, I helped." She told him honestly as he paced around her growling in anger, his hackles raised.

And why didn't you just take her to the den. You risk our home, our people, the young ones why? He growled into her mind.

We are trying to break down barriers of mistrust, how are we going to gain their trust if we just took her, they would never let her back if we return her healed. Keira explained. This way they see her heal slowly, they will see that she hasn't changed and maybe, just maybe, what I have done will help us gain their friendship.

Next time think, the pack's safety comes first, even if it means the death of a single being, one for the good of many. Talk to your father, it is the reason he didn't return to you and your mother. Ghan growled one last time, he couldn't fault her reasoning but she needed to start thinking like a Beta, like a person responsible for the safety and wellbeing of their group. What she did was dangerous and reckless.

No one noticed the mental argument since it happened so quickly, they did notice Ghan's demeanour had changed and that he was now sniffing his mate looking for injuries. He nosed aside the blanket for a moment but he was content that the only blood he could smell was the humans. "They need medical supplies now, Ashley's got some nasty scratches and they don't have any antibiotics."

Keira turned to the humans, "this is Ghan, my mate, he is also Beta of our group," she explained as people relaxed a little further , now that the massive wolf appeared calm. When they glanced around for the others they noticed that they were gone.

Crystal, Destiny and several others are coming with what we could spare. He told her.

Keira nodded as she could already hear them approaching with the missing wolves. She turned to the woman who gave her the blanket, "do you have someone who knows how to administer antibiotics?"

Everyone shook their heads.

Crystal ran up at a much more normal speed and stopped beside Keira. "The others are coming." By the way, you owe me, Ghan is going to kick my arse for letting this happen.

Nope, this is all on you, if you hadn't left you would have been there to stop me. Keira replied. "Good, I need you to go back and bring Blast and medical supplies to deal with a mountain lion attack." Keira said aloud.

Crystal nodded, Keira was right this was her fault, if she had stayed she would have had control of Keira's actions. "Alright I'll go back to the den."

"And be quick..." Keira added, Crystal gave her a cocky grin and was gone. "I hate it when she does that."

A blanket was offered to Ghan who shifted and wrapped it around his waist. "You did tell her to be quick."

Keira sighed a little defeated sound.

"Do you want to come inside, it's awfully cold out." The older woman offered.

"No, we don't feel the cold too much." Ghan answered, "but thank you for the offer." He added so as not to insult the woman for her offer.

She smiled and nodded then frowned as she watched several people pull a sled followed by wolves who looked familiar.

"We were going to just leave this in an easily found place but since we are here we'll just give this to you." Ghan said.

"Pardon?" the woman asked as the pack members slowed then came to a stop beside Ghan and Keira.

"It's not much, but it means you won't starve for a while." Ghan answered as he moved and pulled the tarp from the sledge to expose food.

"Wait... you are just going to give this to us?" The older woman asked.

Ghan nodded. "Yes... we are just going to give it to you."

"Our Alpha wants to stop the violence, we were going to slowly lead up to a meeting." Keira explained. "But... well... no one could have foreseen what happened today."

"How does your Alpha want to stop the violence?" A young man said.

Keira shrugged, "by being as helpful as possible. Food packages, medical packages, whatever we can spare."

"Why?"

"Because it is the right thing to do." Keira answered. "We would like to be your friends, nothing more. We don't want you to pick a side, we don't want to hurt you, we just want to be your friends."

"Flour." A new woman said as she read the label. "actual flour, we could have bread... bread." She said a little excited.

"I am sure in some tins there is some bake-ready dough." Ghan added.

Everyone gathered to see what else was in the sled, it was simple fare of dried meats and vegetables, mainly root vegetables and dried mushrooms, things that wouldn't perish quickly. However to the village it meant survival.

"Can we take it?" A young girl asked as she reached for a piece of jerky.

Everyone turned to their leaders wanting to know if they could take the offering. They nodded and everyone started to grab the food. "Hold on," the younger woman said. "This is all going to the kitchen, no stealing or hoarding." She ordered.

Ghan offered his hand to the older woman, "I'm Ghan, Beta to Wolfgang and Amy."

She took his hand, "Melanie Richards." She told him as she shook his hand. "What's a Beta?" she asked.

Ghan smiled, "Betas are... like lords who answer to their king and queen the Alphas."

Melanie nodded and gestured to the older man beside her, "my husband Michel Richards." Ghan offered his hand to Michel and got a firm shake in return.

"If you like we can make a request to meet our Alphas, and work out what you want to do from the answers you get from them." Keira suggested.

"We would like that." Michel said a little hesitantly, he wasn't sure if he should be trusting Were but he had to admit that the merks had never given them anything but heart ache. He would reserve judgement until he knew the motives behind this, because in his mind there had to be a motive.

"Destiny," Ghan called out as he knew she had kept back.

Destiny walked forward her head down and her hands in her pockets.

"Go and inform the Alphas we've made contact with a group." Ghan told her and she nodded. She turned and ran off, waiting until she was in the trees before using her preternatural speed.

Crystal and Blast were suddenly beside Keira. "You can let go now." She told Blast who was perched on her back, his eyes screwed shut.

"I think I'm going to be sick." Blast told her as he released her and sat in the snow.

"Come on it wasn't that bad." Crystal told him.

"You can see where you were going; all I could see was a blur." Blast argued taking deep breaths, when he thought his stomach wouldn't rebel he shakily got to his feet. He picked up his bag, "okay where is this woman."

"Blast is a healer," Keira explained, "he knows a little about treating humans." She added.

"This way." Melanie said and led him into the shack Ashley had been taken to.

"Make sure Blast gets home safely." Ghan told Crystal. "We will be back tomorrow." He turned and shifted, shaking off the blanket, Keira closed her eyes and had to think about it.

Crystal turned to Michel, "she's new to shifting." She explained as Keira finally started to shift. They watched as Keira stretched and trotted after Ghan, the others who had brought the sled turned and followed them.

Michel frowned, "they are mates, yet she is a... what is she?"

Crystal shrugged, "we don't have a name for what she is. See she was found and raised by Were even though she was human." She said launching into Keira's story, knowing it would help win them over.

****

Ash found Amy purely by accident, when he was looking for a library that same day, he stuffed his hands into his pockets as Amy's eyes met his. "Hello Ash, can I help you?" She asked, she hadn't seen much of him lately, she would see him at meals and when she checked on him before she went to sleep but hadn't had a chance to speak with him.

"Is something wrong Ash?" She asked as she put aside what she was doing, she patted the space next to her.

"I don't know..." He joined Amy on the chair. "I guess... all my friends have been brought into families... and I haven't... is... is something wrong with me?" Tears were forming in his eyes as he spoke, he had watched his friends one by one get folded into one family or another pretty much by the end of the first day. However no one had looked at him or if they had they still hadn't approached. He thought he beyond the need for a family but seeing his friends happy and accepted, cared for had him wanting that... needed that.

"Oh Ash..." She said and pulled him into a hug. "No... it's not like that... never like that." WOLFGANG GET YOUR ARSE IN HERE. She yelled mentally, Wolfgang was meant to have spoken to Ash days ago.

Less than a minute later Wolfgang ran in, she glared at him, Did you speak with Ash? She asked already knowing the answer.

Wolfgang suddenly looked away as he knew she was angry with him. No... he admitted as he walked over and sat behind Ash, wrapping his arms around Ash. "I'm sorry Ash, I was meant to speak with you but had other demands which took up my time."

Ash sniffed, a little confused.

"Ash the reason no one has approached you is because they knew that Wolfgang and I had already started to fold you into our family." Amy told him gently.

He raised his head and sniffed a little, "really?"

Amy nodded, "Why do you think you sleep near Alanna, Electra, Sage and Thais? In the part of the caves reserved for the Alpha's family?"