Sprung Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dave, can we talk?"

He ignored me, opened the door, and strode half way down the path. A car I recognised as my sister's pulled up and the kids jumped out and came running towards us. They both closed in on Dave and hugged him for all they were worth. At one point, his face turned towards the porch light and I could see tears glistening. I just stood rooted as they veered around me to get to the front door, my daughter, Jenny giving me a dirty look as she passed. They reached the front door, Julie was standing on the porch. Dave ushered the kids inside and followed them in.

I heard my name called softly, turned, and saw my sister and my mother standing next to the car that dropped off the kids. I was still in shock. I turned back towards the door.

Julie glanced at me, stepped inside and shut the door behind her. I heard the deadlock engage like the closing of a coffin lid. Its meaning abundantly clear. I'd done the unjustifiable and somehow been caught. Dave the victim, Dave the righteous, was inside with his support network. By showing everyone my behaviour, he'd announced to me that there would be no forgiveness and no reconciliation, as subtly as a scream. And me? I, by my behaviour, had no family. I had locked myself out.

The End

Now lighten the fuck up.

The following jokes are on kind loan from XTCHR. Thanks mate.

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Parking Officer's funeral, a voice from inside screams:

"I'm not dead, I'm not dead. Let me out!"

The Vicar smiles, leans forward, sucking air through his teeth and mutters, "Too late, mate, the paperwork's already done."

******

"Mommy, what were you doing bouncing on Daddy's tummy last night?"

"I have to do that, or Daddy's belly gets very fat. Bouncing keeps him skinny."

"That won't work, Mommy."

"Why not?"

"Because the babysitter keeps blowing him back up again."

12