Strength of the Soul Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike had no doubt some future version of this documentary would cast Kennedy as the president who saved the world from an invasion from outer space. Assuming everything went as planned.

He was surprised that the aliens' demands had not been leaked to the press. If that ever happened, there would be pandemonium, the likes of which he couldn't even imagine. Mike pulled out the slip of paper with Harold's number and decided to call his neighbor.

"Keyes residence," Harold said when he answered the call.

"Harold, this is Mike Barnes..."

"Hey, neighbor. How's it going?" Harold asked.

"Pretty good. Just got back to my quarters. Caught the latest newscast. Anything on your end?"

"Well, Mike, someone just now pulled into your garage. The door's going down, so it looks like whoever it is plans to be there a while," Harold said.

"What kind of car is it?" Mike asked.

"Looks like a Chevy sedan. Maybe a '57 or '58."

"Two tone? Red and white?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, that's right. You know who it is?"

"Yeah," Mike said quietly. "A former friend."

"Jim Tyson?" Harold asked.

"Yeah," Mike hissed, wondering how Harold would know that.

"I see," Harold said quietly. "Listen, Mike... Don't do anything rash. Things aren't always what they seem to be. You have a lot on your plate right now, including a precious little girl. Don't worry about anything. Rita and I will keep an eye on things." Mike noticed that Harold's tone had changed considerably, and he wondered how much his neighbor really knew. He certainly didn't sound like a desk jockey or a pencil pusher.

"Thanks, Harold," Mike said. "I appreciate that."

"You're welcome, Major," Harold said. "Call me tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll do that," Mike said.

"Oh, by the way, that pipe wrench worked great," Harold exclaimed, sounding more like the young man Mike knew. "Thanks for letting me use it."

"I'm glad it worked for you, Harold. I'd better go now. Tell Rita I said hello."

"I'll do that, neighbor," Harold said before they ended the call. Mike put the handset back down and thought about his options. He couldn't believe that Jim and Rhonda could be so blatant with their affair. Two of the closest people he knew

had stabbed him in the back in front of the whole neighborhood.

Part of Mike wanted to drive home and kick some ass, but he knew that would only get him tossed in jail. Well, if he were the only one who could carry out the mission and probably wasn't coming back ... He counted to ten, then took some deep breaths to get himself under control. He didn't want Lisa to wake up screaming and see him beating the crap out of someone. He picked up the handset, noticing his hand was shaking and dialed his home phone.

"Barnes residence," Rhonda announced with a giggle. A giggle! Mike couldn't remember the last time he heard his wife giggle. Stunned, Mike found himself unable to speak, so he simply listened. "Hello. Hello? Who is this?" Rhonda asked. Then Mike heard Jim in the background.

"Who is it, babe?"

Babe? What the fuck? Mike felt as if he had been punched in the gut.

"I don't know, sweetie. Maybe it's a wrong number," Rhonda replied.

Sweetie? This is just too much, Mike thought as he replaced the handset, ending the call. If he missed with the nuke, he could take Rhonda up, trussed like a turkey, and ask the aliens to take her and call it square, he mused. Catching his breath, Mike pulled his notepad from his flight suit and picked up the handset, dialing Jim's home number.

"Tyson residence. Janice speaking."

"Hi Janice. This is Mike Barnes."

"Oh, hi, Mike. How are things going?"

"Uh, busy," Mike said. "Is Jim there?"

"No, Mike, he's staying on the base for a few days. Says he's got something big going on. Didn't he tell you?"

"I'm at the base now, and he's not here," Mike said.

"Maybe he's at the officer's club or something," Janice said.

"No, Janice, he's not," Mike said. There was silence from the other end for a few moments, and Mike thought he heard Janice sob.

"You know where he is, don't you?" Janice asked.

"Yes, I do, Janice. And I'm really very sorry."

"It's not your fault. He's never been able to stay faithful."

"Then why do you stay with him, Janice?" Mike asked.

"I know it sounds crazy, but he's a good father and I have two children to think of. But this is it. I've had as much as I can take," Janice said through her sobs. "Just do me a favor, please."

"Sure, Janice. What?"

"Give me the first shot at him, okay?"

"I'll do my best," Mike said quietly.

"Thank you. Stay in touch, okay?"

"Sure, Janice," Mike said. "If there's anything you need, please let me know."

"I will, Mike," Janice told him. They exchanged goodbyes, then ended the call. Mike collected his thoughts and tried to focus on the job at hand. It was hard, but he managed.

...

"Wow. It sounds like there's gonna be a hot time in the Barnes house tonight," the man Mike knew as "Harold" told the woman sitting next to him. "Wanna hear it?"

"Sure," the woman Mike knew as "Rita," said, taking the headphones from Harold.

"Oh my God, that's so big. Fuck me with that thing, lover," Rita heard Rhonda moan as Jim "Jimbo" Tyson pushed his engorged cock inside her on the bed Rhonda shared with Mike. Rita listened as Rhonda and Jim rutted like animals and found herself getting excited.

As Harold watched, Rita's nipples grew hard and erect. Her skin turned a shade of red that signaled her arousal. She unbuttoned her shirt, running her hands under her bra to feel her nipples. Harold loved seeing her like this and smiled.

"Kinda gives ya some ideas, doesn't it?" Harold asked.

"Mmmm, yes, it does," Rita moaned as she removed her shirt and bra.

"They're gonna be at it for a while," Harold said, taking in Rita's soft, curvy form. "Want to take a... break?" Rita smiled and dropped her shorts. She kicked them across the room and pulled her panties off.

"Maybe later," Rita teased, running a finger through her wet slit. "I think I'll just listen in for a bit, just in case they say something incriminating. But you're more than welcome to... snack... while I listen," she added as she sat down. Spreading her legs, she placed her bare feet on the desk, giving Harold a clear path to her womanhood.

"Yes, ma'am," Harold said with a wide smile. He knew what she wanted and was more than happy to oblige. After stripping naked, he dropped to his knees between her legs and planted his face in her wet pussy. "You taste so wonderful, my dear," Harold said, looking into her lust-filled eyes.

"I'm glad you enjoy it. Munch to your heart's content," Rita moaned, running her hands through Harold's hair.

...

"That felt so wonderful, lover," Rhonda moaned as she lay in Jim's arms. "I needed that so bad."

"So did I," Jim replied. Sensing her mood change, Jim looked at Rhonda. "What's on your mind?"

"I think Mike knows... everything," she said quietly. Jim took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

"I was afraid of that. How did it happen?" he asked.

"He heard me talking to you," Rhonda said.

"That explains his mood," Jim said. "He seemed more than a bit upset today. And he said he had an appointment in Lancaster on Monday. He planned to see a lawyer."

"Planned?" Rhonda asked.

"Yes. Other concerns took priority, so he won't be going to Lancaster on Monday."

"Oh my God. I don't want a divorce," Rhonda said. "It would be so... embarrassing. But I know he won't stand still for what we're doing." Jim looked at the ceiling, deep in thought.

"No, he won't. And I have a lot to lose if he does file for divorce," Jim added.

"Oh? Like what?"

"I'm Mike's commanding officer. If he names me, which I'm sure he will, it could easily destroy my career. I could even end up in jail."

"Jail?" Rhonda asked, shocked. "How?"

"Article 134 of the UCMJ. The military frowns on what we're doing right now. Not only would my career be over, but I'd probably end up divorced as well. Do you know how close I am to my first star?"

"So, what do we do?"

"Maybe you won't have to worry about a divorce," Jim said. Rhonda sat up and looked at Jim, shocked.

"What are you saying? Are you going to kill him?"

"No, at least not right away and not directly. But this mission he's preparing for is fraught with danger. Maybe I can increase the odds that he doesn't come back." Jim's words threw her for a loop. Would he really put Mike's life in danger to protect his career? What kind of man would do such a thing? And what else was he willing to do?

"He's faced danger before, you know."

"Yes, I do. He faces danger every time he straps himself into the latest test craft. Plus I flew with him in Korea, remember?" Jim asked.

"Yes, I know. But I don't want him dead. That would destroy Lisa," Rhonda exclaimed, shocked.

"She's young. She'll get over it in time," Jim said nonchalantly. "And you'll get his insurance. I think he's still covered under the old Servicemen's Indemnity program from the Korean War. Ten grand is nothing to sneeze at. Plus he'll be seen as a hero. You could probably make a small fortune just by being the widow of the man who saved the planet."

"I don't know," Rhonda said, a bit nonplussed about Jim's off-hand remark about 'the man who saved the planet.' "I'd hate to think of what that would do to Lisa."

"Listen, don't worry about it. Let me take care of Mike, okay? I'll have a little talk with him tomorrow, let him know that divorce wouldn't be in his best interest. At least financially. If I can't talk him down, then we'll consider Plan B. In the meantime, you just look after Lisa."

"Of course, Jim," Rhonda said, her mind reeling with the thought that Mike could end up dead or that he was off trying to save the planet while she rolled in bed with a man her husband called his friend. For the first time since she had taken up with Jim, she truly began to regret her decisions.

Neither saw the tiny bug in the wall register that sent their conversation to the house across the street.

...

To be continued...